katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

If you are thinking of a large, two layer tree, maybe a sheet of plastic canvas between the layers would keep the shape and prevent stretching and sagging "branches".

On 11/4/2020 at 4:06 PM, USpolishgirl said:

LOOK at that Granny Square Christmas Tree! :)

There was no pattern, but should not be hard to figure this one out! LOL

I remember few years ago I made Granny Square Christmas Tree (Hanger). BUT,  those  Granny Squares I made were different design. 

HAPPY CROCHETING! :ctree

Krys

NOT MY PICTURE! 

image.png.cf5d25d46967b527cc346927dad0d507.png

0h i actually made one similar, and sold it at a craft fair lol  easy peasy years ago     

Hello everyone!,

I hope you are all doing well. We are on storm watch here, we have a tropical storm watch that may be upgraded to a warning at some point. Mary Jo are in the storm watch zone on the west coast? 

I took my dad to the grocery store this morning and have spent the rest of the day doing laundry and sewing.

Have a good evening and stay safe everyone.

Carol,  I gather you are in the watch?  This is one crazy storm.  It is suppose to come over the keys into the Gulf.  Then it will move up the coast and go on land below us, go around us and come back out into the Gulf.  That is one prediction.  Another is across the keys into the Gulf, up the coast and hit land again above us.

We are suppose to just get high winds and rain for several days.  They are not worried about  hurricane force winds here yet, but that could change.

We are ready no matter what.

You stay safe also and anyone else in the cone.

Have a good and safe night.

The tree is beautiful!!

How is everyone doing? I am feeling better. I'm looking for Red Heart Super Saver Retro Stripes.  On line and in stores it's sold out. For me it's getting harder and harder to find what I'm looking for. Does anyone else have that problem?

Sis's surgery went well Wed.  They got to go with plan A.  There were various ways it could have gone down from small incision or large incision, hooking everything back up, leaving the colostomy, closing the colostomy and doing an ileostomy.  They didnt know exactly what they would do til they got her in surgery.  Post op is also going well.  Got to see her today as dh and I were at her house raking and mowing leaves when niece brought her home.  

Glad to hear the surgery went well.  Before you know it, she will be home.

Cloudy here, watching the storm very carefully.  Not under any watches or warnings, but that could change.

Got a day full of football.  I know I was not going to watch it, but there is NOTHING else on.  I will not watch the news.

So working on some Christmas Ornaments.  

Have a fun day.

I have been avoiding the news as well MJ.  I made a blanket for my son's girfriend this weekend.  Crocheted an edge on fleece so a fairly quick project. 

Im ok with working on Christmas gifts but I am not ready to watch 24/7 Christmas Movies on Hallmark and Lifetime. They started before halloween!

My neighbor had his christmas inflatables on the roof amd the lawn November 1st. Too soon!

I've been sticking to DVD and Prime video while crocheting. No breaking news.

Good day to everyone!

Owlvamp: I too have been looking for the RHSS Stripes Retro. I wanted to make hats and gloves for my Grt-grand kids for Christmas but so far, all I'm finding is it's discontinued. Finding any will be a big surprise. I'm wondering if another company has anything comparable in color. And yes, there are not any craft stores here so I'm having problems finding what I need for yarn, beads, etc. The stores are already having empty shelves again for paper products to. Grrr.....

Baily4: I binge watch on Netflix, On Demand, a few programs on local TV (actually it's Phoenix) and PBS and a few documentaries on satellite TV. I steer away from the news as it's too depressing for me. If something major comes up, my daughter let's me know.

bgs: Woo-hoo on the successful surgery for Sis! I bet you're relieved.

ratdog: I agree on the Christmas movies already on Hallmark. Way too soon. What happened to the mystery movies on their shelves, and not the ones they were showing over and over during lockdown? I think I'll send them a note and ask them.

I'm finally finishing the scarf up with only about 1/3 left of the sc border. Then the pompoms go on. It sprinkled again yesterday for about 15 minutes. Not even close to what we need. Thankfully not as much wind today. The temps have gone done though- 45°F right now, 70% rain and 30° tonight. 🥶 Time to put the heater on a little.  All in the paths of these ugly storms, I send prayers your way for safety and comfort. Take good care all. Ta-Ta! Reni

Hello,

Brenda I'm glad to hear things went well for your sister.

Sandra glad you're feeling better.

It is definitely too early for Christmas movies and decorations. Maybe people think it will move 2020 along faster and we can get to 2021 which will hopefully be a better year. 😄

This tropical storm is going like everything else in 2020, the forecasted track is a little crazy. We've been getting squalls of sideways rain since late yesterday afternoon and it's getting worse. School tomorrow will be online for everyone, although that might change if there is widespread power outages. The 2 districts south of us have closed school completely for tomorrow.

I'm spending the rainy day in my sewing room. I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy and dry if your in the storm's path.

No rain over here yet, BUT we are getting squalls of wind.  The county below us is on storm watch, could change, depending where this storm goes.

I wish it would just go out to sea.

ya'll in the storm path hunker down and stay safe... Brenda so glad to here our sis is coming along, if you think a card would give her a pick me up pm me her address.. Krys, love the tree... I did something like that for sandra a few years ago....

Sandra, can ou put your photos in google photos? Chris does that then he can share with all of us..

Just got back from a trip to Gatlinburg  with half the family...

Here is something non political in less you don't like donuts... Enjoy the princess...is growing up so fast!!

donut savvy.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

How adorable Lea.  That will always put a smile on my face.

Very happy to hear sis surgery went well.

Renic ---- I hear http://createforless.com has the Red Heart Supersaver Retro Stripes. I've trying to get on and look for the last two hours and it won't let me. I managed to get on here. So maybe you can take and see if they have it. Let me know if they do. I'll get it after the holidays. To much to fix and replace in the house.

Just ripped out the carpet in my den. It is so stained and looks awful. The next few days will be ripping up the tack strips and staples. We bought some wood flooring months ago and going to lay it down this week. That should be fun and definitely a learning experience. I watched some videos and researched it. So prayfully it goes down well. My sister and Brother - in -law will come in and help. I'll let you know if it was worth not hiring someone cause I'm so darn stubborn and say we can do it. I much rather be crocheting than doing this. I have put it off to long now.

Lea your little one is too cute. 

It's still raining. And we're still getting very strong winds, this storm needs to go away. My school district decided to cancel school completely today but I was still awake super early. I'm hoping to finish the baby outfits I've been working on as I watch the rain.

I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Things are quite here.  Not a leaf is stirring, but below us is a different story.  The Sunshine Skyway Bridge is closed due to high winds.  They don't know what the heck this thing is going to do..

Quite day today.  Nothing going on.

Have to try and figure out WHY my computer has decided to not talk to my printer.  The main one does, but all of a sudden the lap top does not.  

Well have a good day.

so glad for sis bgs, and feeling relievednow   .. sorry bout the storm you two stay safe  a better tomorrow is coming!  

Our life has been consumed with sick kids for a couple of months. Finally everyone is feeling mostly better and my oldest is gaining back the weight she lost. She felt so terrible that we could hardly get her to keep anything down. This weekend I'm running away and spending a couple of days just being me... not mom, not wife, not library manager. It's my mental health weekend.

Good Morning Holly.  Sometimes you just need a weekend with nothing but you.  Glad to hear everyone is better.

Today is going to be a little rough for us.  Today was my Son's Birthday.  I can not believe his is gone 5 months.  We do miss him.

Will be spending the day working on some Christmas give's.

Have a good day.

Ok guys, I need waterproof pins to starch some things.  Can anyone tell me what kind of pins these are?  Made of or how I can look for them.  Putting in waterproof pins brings up some interesting web sites.

The ones I have are leaving brown marks on white pieces.

HELP!!!!!!

you are looking for stainless steel pins that don't rust

also brass pins won't rust

Edited by pineknott
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tampa Doll said:

Ok guys, I need waterproof pins to starch some things.  Can anyone tell me what kind of pins these are?  Made of or how I can look for them.  Putting in waterproof pins brings up some interesting web sites.

The ones I have are leaving brown marks on white pieces.

HELP!!!!!!

i think you wanna look up rustproof pins lol  

• Like 1