katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

Oh how I miss apples directly off the trees.  There is a certain taste to them you do not get with store bought apples.

Love the reverse trick or treaters.  That must of been a surprise for a lot of people and fun.

I am ready for the little hob gobblins if we get any.

10 minutes ago, Tampa Doll said:

Oh how I miss apples directly off the trees.  There is a certain taste to them you do not get with store bought apples.

Love the reverse trick or treaters.  That must of been a surprise for a lot of people and fun.

I am ready for the little hob gobblins if we get any.

I made a run to this orchard in the summer with my sister and bought  peaches, corn, tomatoes, blackberries, and cantaloupe which were all very good.  

They gave us a heads up last night in our daily eblast about our trick or treaters.  It was still a nice surprise and good to see them.

:skeleton:jackHAPPY HALLOWEEN:jack:skeleton

Today is the day for witches and gobblins.  I know a lot have cancelled this, but so far ours is on.

I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Halloween and wether they come or not, be careful of the little hobgoblins.:skeleton

A Happy and safe Halloween to everyone.  

Spent last night with Linus in the pumpkin patch.  Glad I have it on dvd since it got snagged from broadcast tv to a streaming service.  Spending tonight with Svengoolie for Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman.  

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

20201031_122029_HDR.thumb.jpg.79d682c364109e5706b564bc73abb8aa.jpg

539132065_20201031_1221412.thumb.jpg.160e304941ea2c18ddee92743fedd38a.jpg

1522403873_20201031_1222132.thumb.jpg.6f37df09671e4214b7703ec3aa995f35.jpg

your decorations are so nice,especially the tree,Brenda

hi bgs, surgery huh, that poor girl, many wshes for a successful proceedure, and a speedy recovery for sis     💜💙💚🧡

2 hours ago, bgs said:

Spent last night with Linus in the pumpkin patch.  Glad I have it on dvd since it got snagged from broadcast tv to a streaming service.  Spending tonight with Svengoolie for Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman.  

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

lol cute pics, happy ghouls day to all!!

3 hours ago, bgs said:

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

Love this! Made me smile!

So I guess we got tricked this year, Chris check ed the bank account and found someone had stolen his debit number and went on a spending rampage at Target to the tune of 800.00....We called the bank, they canceled our CC and then told us it would be 15 dollars each to express them or we can wait 3-5 business days.....THEN they told us we can begin the dispute on Tuesday and after the fraud dept reviews it , it can take 10 days to refund...

CASH only from now on...this is CRAZY

29 minutes ago, minwifeof4boys said:

So I guess we got tricked this year, Chris check ed the bank account and found someone had stolen his debit number and went on a spending rampage at Target to the tune of 800.00....We called the bank, they canceled our CC and then told us it would be 15 dollars each to express them or we can wait 3-5 business days.....THEN they told us we can begin the dispute on Tuesday and after the fraud dept reviews it , it can take 10 days to refund...

Wow Lee.  That is scary.  I use mine all the time.  John checks the bank and our credit cards every day. 

Love the decorations Brenda.  I had to smile when I saw the witch on the door..

Happy Halloween!

Brenda the decorations are great.

Lea I'm sorry about your credit card. I hope it gets settled quickly, someone tried to take a large amount of money from my parents credit card in the spring and it took until August to get it straightened out. 

It's pouring rain here so I don't know if we'll have any trick or treaters. My grandkids weren't planning to go trick or treating because of covid. 

I've spent most of today working on a sweater for me. I finished the first panel and I think it's going to be a little big, but the gauge swatch was correct and I matched my measurements so hopefully it will be ok when it's finished.

That's about it for my corner of the world. I hope everyone is doing well.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, minwifeof4boys said:

I hope you will get your money back :)

Krys

• Like 1

Credit Cards or Debit Cards?. Here is some info. for those of you who are interested.

I am always using my Credit Cards only.  I never use my Debit Card. I do not feel safe to use my Debit Card  Heck! all my money from my bank account could get stolen! 

Those banks they do take care of those accounts VERY DIFFERENTLY. When it comes to Credit Cards in case of "bogus" charges they take care of that very quickly and in almost 100% cases  that Credit Card owner is NOT responsible for those charges.

When it comes to Debit Cards it is very different. Specially if would have a lot of money (thousands of dollars) in your account and would get stolen. I do NOT think that bank would give your money back!. The way I see that and WHY is that way. Because those Banks are making a lot of money on those credit cards charging people very high interest. They can afford to loose some money,  they are getting back that money  and  PLUS more from all that interest they are getting (charging you guys) it is all "build in"...

Debit Cards accounts are working very differently, For any losses like stolen debit cards/ numbers to cover those losses they would need to cover that out of "their pockets". If it is a small amount couple or few hundred dollars they might cover that, or not. 

Credit Cards are the most safest way to use. It is even safer than writing to someone that you do not know a personal check. BUT, personal check it is safer than a Debit Card.  

Guys, IF you can you should be using your Credit Cards always instead  of Debit Cards. IF you have to use your Debit Cards PLEASE do not keep a lot of money on that account just in case you would loose everything there. 

Use you Credit Cards wisely & responsibly.  Do not buy anything that you could not not pay for that in full on that day. You need to treat that account - Credit Card like your Debit Card.  You need to pay your balance in FULL every month by the DUE DATE!. That way you will NOT be paying ANY interest. You might be even making money on them LOL. I am making money on them (NOT them on me!) I usually get 250-300 Bucks per year from points I am getting from my Credit Card Bank.  Try to pick your Credit Cards those Banks with NO annual fees. Some of them they will want to charge you 25-50 Bucks or even more per year.  Just for the "privilege" that you will get Credit Card from them LOL. There are many Banks you can get your Credit Card with NO ANNUAL FEES = 0.

I never paid in my whole life not even $1,00 in interest to any of my Credit Cards. Credit Cards are very handy for me and FREE. I pay all my utility bills (most on auto-pay) with my credit card and everything else... I do not need to buy checks or post stamps and waist all that time writing and mailing them.  Every month I just need to make about two phone calls to pay my Credit Cards balance in FULL.

Krys

• Like 1

Had a successful trick or treat last night. Set up 2 tables on the front lawn. One with individual clear baggies of candy, one with bags of trinkets (bubbles, plastic spiders, whistles) for kids with food allergies.  Most groups were respectful and took one or one from each table. One group of older kids cleared both tables but thats why I only put out 10-12 baggies at a time. Reloaded the tables for the stragglers.

Hey ratdog, would you like some chips.  I had maybe 10 kids show up and we usually have about 50.  I am always worried about not having enough.  Good thing they are sealed bags of chips.  The trick or treaters started about 7 and we no more by 8.  I miss seeing the kids.

Wash today and changing over the tree and table.

Hello.

Between the pandemic and the rain we didn't get any trick or treaters last night.

I had to rescue a turtle today. I went to take the garbage out and there was a 6 or 7 inch turtle in the hole of a cinder block next to the garbage can. My dad helped me get it out of the block and I took it to the canal a couple blocks away. I would really like to know how it got in the block, the opening of the block was facing up so it wouldn't have been easy for him to crawl in.

I did church online this morning. I'm being productively lazy and working on my sweater now.

I hope you are all enjoying the day.

Lyn thank you for your card and letter.  Wouldnt have checked box today but dh ran into mailman.  He said they decided to go ahead and deliver mail since they were out checking for boxes for returning ballots.

Ok you can all laugh.  It is 65 here only going to maybe 75 and I am ready to get out the sweats.  YES, I am COLD.  The wind is also blowing, making it fell colder.

Off to my corner and I better get the afghans out.

• Haha 1

On 11/1/2020 at 11:55 AM, cshort said:

Hello.

Between the pandemic and the rain we didn't get any trick or treaters last night.

I had to rescue a turtle today. I went to take the garbage out and there was a 6 or 7 inch turtle in the hole of a cinder block next to the garbage can. My dad helped me get it out of the block and I took it to the canal a couple blocks away. I would really like to know how it got in the block, the opening of the block was facing up so it wouldn't have been easy for him to crawl in.

I did church online this morning. I'm being productively lazy and working on my sweater now.

I hope you are all enjoying the day.

Poor Turtle :(. Good think that you were able to rescue himThose poor animals very often get them self's to a very bad situations...:(.

BIG THANKS from another animal lover :),

Krys

2 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Ok you can all laugh.  It is 65 here only going to maybe 75 and I am ready to get out the sweats.  YES, I am COLD.  The wind is also blowing, making it fell colder.

Off to my corner and I better get the afghans out.

That is really funny!!.

My friend in Arizona wears LONG JOHNS when is 70-degrees LOL.

Here where I live when hits 70 people think it is a HEAT WAVE!, they put on shorts :).  I am the same, I feel  HOT!. In winter it dos not matter how cold & freezing will get...I never wear a hat not even a scarf. I do hate wearing gloves, never wear them either.

My daughter & my grand-kids they do wear hats & gloves when gets very cold. They do not want to wear scarfs any longer. They think scarfs are NOT IN STYLE! makes them look bad LOL 

Krys

hi bgs, surgery huh, that poor girl, many wishes for a successful procedure, and a speedy recovery for sis     💜💙💚🧡

Good morning everyone.

Finished the table and tree.  Still have to put the skirt down, but I will wait till after the cleaning people leave.

56 this morning and I am freezing :wbrr.  Not going to go above 75 if we are lucky to get there.

Well, the Bucs won, but it was not pretty.  Not as bad as the Eagles beating the Cowboys (will take it pretty or not), but not pretty.  

Today is election day and I hope everyone has voted, either by mail or in person.  It is very important.  Enough Politics.

So what are everyone's plans for today?