katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

4 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Boy Krys I do not miss wearing that stuff in the winter.  Nice and warm and pretty.

I feel the same way. I am very jellos of your winters :).

As I am looking more at that hat "All in One". That is a great time saver! :).  NO need to bother with 3 separate  pieces putting all that on and taking off ( HAT, SCARF & FACE MASK). Less likely that any of them would get miss-place LOL. 

Krys

Hi Gang! Sounds like you've all kept busy, even when you're not busy. LOL. I have been experiencing some added health problems. I was in remission with colitis for 5 years and all of a sudden Boom! Hit me like a ton of bricks.  Another doctor appt this coming week. If I have to do one more test, I will scream. Geesh this getting old stinks. My DH used to say "it's not the Golden Years, it's the Rusty years!"

I finally felt well enough last night and started crocheting a scarf for the oldest of my Grt-grands for Christmas. She loves hats and scarves. I came across a cute poncho pattern the other day, so, if I'm up to it the 2 younger grt-grands will each get one for Christmas. I'm not sure about the little boy- maybe a sweater like I mentioned before????

The high desert weather here has finally cooled to low 80's, but sadly, no rain. Send it this way if your area gets too much.

DD is coming over today to make Chicken Parmigiana for dinner. This will fit in with my prescribed temporary diet, minus too much red sauce. I hope all are well and coping. Keep on stitchin'! 

Glad to see you pop in Reni.

So sorry about the colitis, hopefully you can beat it agian.

Yeah it is the rusty and falling apart years.  I saw a movie the other day and someone said, anyone who tells you getting older is great is nuts.  It is the pits.:rofl

Trade you, I am making chicken, stuffing and such like a Turkey dinner.

Still hot here and not cooling down in site.

Have a good night Reni.

Hey it is snowing in KC and Denver.

Edited by Tampa Doll

57 minutes ago, ReniC said:

I have been experiencing some added health problems. I was in remission with colitis for 5 years and all of a sudden Boom! Hit me like a ton of bricks.  Another doctor appt this coming week. If I have to do one more test, I will scream. Geesh this getting old stinks. My DH used to say "it's not the Golden Years, it's the Rusty years!"

I am Sorry to hear that you are having new health problems.  You just need to think positive and everything will go well again :). Good thing you are having your family close by to help you :).

Take Care of Yourself! :)

Krys

well snow was predicted, up to 7 inches so far, zip lol  so much for weather- men huh!!oh boy lets see, started a ghan in a sort of kit someone sent me, she did all the squares, included put together yarn, and a design sheet she designed for it  its quite nice, done in grays and such all i have to do is row it up, following her chart, and seam it lol  thing is its only about 7 6 inch squares square, and i really dont have anything to make more squares in those colors to enlarge it, so i will just seam as is, maybe add a border in black or something and it will go off to Pine Ridge as a lap ghan for the wheel chair bound and or/ elderly its all i can do, its going to be so nice when i get it done ill pic it here for you  i only just started this afternnon, and have only the first two rows together but its gonna be a nice one when finished  

so that iss occupying my time till now, when i am getting a bit hungry, and smell something cooking, so dinner is not far away,lol.. 

off i go, good to see you carol, and all, take care now till next time, a'voir   mon ami's  seriously, forgive my French lol  

Edited by katyallen8090

ah well we got a dusting here last night, nothing much accumulated to shovel, and the sun is melting what we did get lol  its ok im good with that lol  hope all is well, see ya soon!!

Hello

Just the usual stuff today but without rain, hooray! We've had a lot of rain for the past few days and my roof is leaking. Hopefully we'll be able to get it fixed now that the rain has stopped.

Hope you are all having a good day.

Looks that another Hurricane  will land in Louisiana.  I think that will make fourth of fifth Hurricane this season landing in that area. I have no idea how those people living there can handle all of that...?? :(. And that is all happening in a middle of that horrible epidemic :(.

My prayers are going to all those living in that area.
Krys

We've been fighting sickies here for weeks. My poor teenager can't seem to catch a break.

hope your teen is well real soon, Holly

Howieann I do hope you teen feels better soon.

Yeah another hurricane to hit Lousianna and Mississippi and some of the pan handle.  Right now it is a Cat2 and could get bigger or disapate.

Even the weather people are not sure what is going to happen.  The hurrican season use to be till Nov. 1st, then Nov. 15th now it is Dec. 1st.  They can't seem to make up their minds.

Well, I did it.  I hired someone to come in once or twice a month to clean.:sigh  This was not an easy decision and today I am going thru my craft room to get rid of some boxes and such to make it look better.  Nov. 1st they will be here for a deep cleaning, baseboards and such for the first cleaning, then it will be dusting and floors for the other times.  I just have to get use to this idea.  I will still do some when they are not here, but they will help keep it clean.

Well, I am off to my room to do some more.

Have a good day, everyone.

here is a picture of me dressed up as a lady bug, knew my pins would come in handy, no one ever told me how nice pearls feel, may wear them more

Resized_ladybugmom.jpeg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Well, I did it.  I hired someone to come in once or twice a month to clean.:sigh  This was not an easy decision and today I am going thru my craft room to get rid of some boxes and such to make it look better.  Nov. 1st they will be here for a deep cleaning, baseboards and such for the first cleaning, then it will be dusting and floors for the other times.  I just have to get use to this idea.  I will still do some when they are not here, but they will help keep it clean.

When it comes to cleaning people. You just need to be "smart" and prepare everything so that person will not be loosing time on little things...for nothing. Do all that little stuff by yourself. Put everything away so they will not be wasting time carrying stuff here or there ...before they can start working  on something. Make a LIST for yourself about WHAT you wand them to do. One after another...Have everything ready what ever they will need to clean with like : washing cloths for floors, all all cleaning supply for wood, glass, paper towels like ViVA & Sparkle ( those two paper towels I always need for glass, windows and more..)  WHATEVER you are using!.  Because every minute lost here & there you will be paying for that. If you will not be organized for that cleaning day ( be ready for them). All together a LOT of time can be lost. That time you will be paying for. 

I know all of that from many years of my experience :). 

I almost forgot. Each time they come to my house for at least 6 hours or more. I do give them a Lunch - food. I pay them for that lunch time LOL.

I am referring here as "them". I have two Polish girls, they live together, they have one car and they always go together on a job.  No, they are not gay. They just want to work here for few years & save as much of money as possible than go back to Poland to their family's, get married have kids there. :).

Right I do not have anyone coming to clean my house :(.  I do not want anyone to come here and maybe give me that Virus :(

Krys

Sandra, how are things....ready for all this rain( thank you zeta)..

Reni, feel better

MJ... good for you.... I still have a bit of kick so I can clean around here, gives me something to do when I am not making spider costumes and creating pumpkins for school assignments...

Lyn... you are a PERFECT lady bug, and yes... pearls do feel good... I have my mom's, Chris's grandmothers, and a string Josh bought me while in Quatar...I love them all..

My friend is down for a week before her state goes into lock down again ..or ours does which it is leaning that way...~ sigh~

only so much reading and crochet I can do.... I haven't seen my grandson Jacob since last Dec!!!! They live in the Charlotte area and are taking it very seriously because Jacob has respiratory issues.

Krys, yes, it was Sandra and I exchanging gifts at a McDonalds.... she is so talented! I am looking at a fabric owl on a postcard she made that I use every year during that fall. Reminds me of her every time I look at it...

We went to visit Princess #1 on Sat. and she was playing with the doll MJ made her when she was a baby, she calls the doll Wanda after the clerk at Dollar General for some reason... LOL...

Baby shower on Sunday for Prince # 5... grandbaby #7... this is Christopher and Vikas first and I have never seen two folks be so excited about being pregnant in my life!

They have had at least 3 showers so far..... and yes... my son wants to be called dada....LOL

nuts.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, minwifeof4boys said:

Krys, yes, it was Sandra and I exchanging gifts at a McDonalds.... she is so talented! I am looking at a fabric owl on a postcard she made that I use every year during that fall. Reminds me of her every time I look at it...

WOW!. I do have good memory LOL

Krys

What a fun photo of the two couples

On 10/27/2020 at 7:15 PM, howieann said:

We've been fighting sickies here for weeks. My poor teenager can't seem to catch a break.

dang girl, blast from the past!!  good to see ya, sorry about ya' being sick though, get well soon    

My oldest is finally feeling better, but now the youngest is starting. It never ends! I don't get enough computer or crochet time these days, but I try to hop in when I can.

Good Morning.  Up at 5:30 this morning. Leg cramps.

Lea, love the photo of the kids and their wives.  They do look happy and must I say it, the soon to be new Mom and Dad glow.  Glad to hear the Princess is playing with her doll.  How is Princess #2?

Not much going on.  Yeah Krys I will be moving things and putting things away for when they come. I spent 2 days in the craft room, hence the leg cramps.

Well, going to see what the world has to offer.

Have a fun day.

Wow tomorrow is Halloween.  Time is sure moving fast.

• Like 1

I really do not expect this year any kids going from door to door asking for candy.

Some Halloween :(.

Krys

2 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Yeah Krys I will be moving things and putting things away for when they come. I spent 2 days in the craft room, hence the leg cramps.

That is good that you are preparing for those cleaning people. That way more of that work that you want them to do will be done. I know that is a lot of work and not very good for your cramps :(.

I really do not expect this year any kids going from door to door asking for candy.

Some Halloween :(.

At least this morning started better than yesterday.  Crochetville did not got "taken over"  by Chinese or Korean's!! LOL. So that is a good day for us :). That was many posts here by some kind a idiot!. 

Krys

Lea didn't get any rain, we did get very strong winds.

Im on a set back for a little bit. I was doing dishes and cut my hand pretty good. It swelled up pretty bad and then I caught a infection in it. Talk about severe pain. I was in and out of it for 4 days. Got an antiboctics and prednisone and today finally feeling a little human. I was sweating from ever pore to freezing the next minute. So now I'm healing from that and can't wait either. I need to find a good used dish washer for now. After air/heat unit it's not in the funds at all.

sorry  owlvamp, take those infections seriously though, for sure  i went septic and suffered greatly  never again i swear    

After a cold snowy start to the week today is a beautiful warm sunny day.  This morning dh and I took a ride to an orchard on the other side of the county and bought a bushel of apples.  This afternoon we had reverse trick or treaters!  The Village CEO, Activities director, and one of co-head groundskeepers dressed up in costumes and went door to door handing out bags of treats-----candies, popcorn, instant cider,  along with Halloween pen, tablet, and can cozy.  Our church in Odessa is doing trunk or treat with precautions tomorrow night but we arent going to risk it. I have to stay well.  Sis is scheduled for surgery on Wed.  

• Like 1