katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

morning all  well it snowed, IF you can call it snow, just really a few flurries, not enough to even collect on the deck lol  but it was still snow i guess lol  

chilly, and overcst, i call this a DD day, dark, and dank lol  

so no sunshine means no good light in my craft room, on goes the runway lights as my dh is fond of calling them    he often makes the remark something like " oh, the airport called, and wants their runway lights back   "  yeah it made me smile the first 50 times probably ROFL!!

things are quiet here, and im workoing away in my square factory, lol  i hve sent both new seamers boxes of squares,to get them going,  and still have more for them if needed, but i have some for another couple of ghans too, ill work on during the winter months   

So, Carol is keeping busy. schooling our next generation, ,  pineknot is recovering nicely, mary jo is im sure busy, and watching her sports, lol

Sandra,continues to amaze us with her handy persons skills, and if not spent from fixing all those appliances, is most likely doing some other amazing things lol     or taking a couple days off, either one lol 

Bgs i dont know, i hope she is not in a funk, and just busy,  as she seems not to visit much with us,

Our group has sure shrunk since the glory days huh  Lea is still with us, and brightens our days with pics of her lovely family, and avon comes in now and then to perk us up, and Krys always has something amusing, or interesting to say  and me, im just trying to come in every day to check on you all, and see that you are all ok !! I try  not to dwell on all the members we have not heard from, and hope for them they are healthy, and happy 

other than that, i lead a really quite uneventful life, for which i am forever grateful lol  I like smooth coasting, no bumps, no blockades, nicely paved paths to follow, and certainly no hurdles to jump, all roads leading to the afghan factory, lol   so, hope you are all very well, and ill see you all tomorrow ok  take care of each other!!   katie 💛💚💙💜🤎🖤💜 heart hugs for all 💚💙💜🤎     

Edited by katyallen8090
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, katyallen8090 said:

So, Carol is keeping busy. schooling our next generation, ,  pineknot is recovering nicely, mary jo is im sure busy, and watching her sports, lol

I am not doing much of anything! LOL

I guess I am waiting..& waiting....for that Corona-Vaccine!!. Once I will get that I probably will be going everywhere and that includes trip to  Las Vegas again :) :) :). I love those shows and good food there :). I am not much of a "Gambler". Each time I will loose 20 Bucks  I am out for  that whole vacation there!, That is my limit LOL. . My friend like to gamble.

Krys

Unfornately no days off! Still making masks and trying to get some crochet in. Getting ready for Halloween Party . That's a chore in all it self....

I wish I could of fixed my Air/Heat unit. But it's shot and needs replaced... But my other stuff is still going good.  So that's a plus!!

Hope everyone is doing well. 

Sorry about the heating/cooling unit going.  I know what a hassle that can be.  We don't have central air but we nursed our heater for several years through many a cold winter because we knew replacing it would be expensive.  What ticks me off is right after we replaced it they upgraded their heating "line" so our "new" heater which should be good for 10-15 years is now considered to be out of date.  Would have been nice to know when you sold it to us....They still are making the parts for the moment but are greatly complaining about the challenge of getting parts for it.  This does not a happy camper make me as we were assured this upgrade would be good for years.  There was no mention of this being an older line in fact we bought it because it was supposed to be state of the art for heating efficiency.  It does save us money on gas so on that they didn't lie.  However, nothing in the price or the sales indicated they'd be closing out this line when we got it.

Edited by Bailey4

Hello!

Well, I wish there was something exciting to report... Covid has sure taken a beating on us all...

Amelia is fine as is Kathy, she is adjusting to 4  aged 5 and under with one special needs... I help when I can..

Sandra we have been living with 15 dollar plug in heaters and window AC for years.. you are a strong woman... and it is what it is... we need to get together and have a good old visit... message me when you want to meet half way..... I could use the company...we can pack a lunch  and eat out in the sunshine some where

Went on a 4 mile hike at a battlefield in VA over the weekend, thought I was going to die by the end of it... I am out of shape!\

No trick or treat this year so we are getting together on the 25th to celebrate  October bdays and Halloween, hope my legs make it on the 1 mile hike.

Katy , I am staring at your squares..they WILL get in the mail

Hugs ya'll

6 hours ago, minwifeof4boys said:

Sandra we have been living with 15 dollar plug in heaters and window AC for years.. you are a strong woman... and it is what it is... we need to get together and have a good old visit... message me when you want to meet half way..... I could use the company...we can pack a lunch  and eat out in the sunshine some where

I am just wondering IF I remember that right.?. Was that you & Sandra  that met in restaurant for the first time about 5 or so years ago?. At that time I was a new member here. I remember both woman brought many gifts for each other to that restaurant. Than they posted a picture of that meeting here. I think they were siting in a "booth" LOL.

Krys

• Like 1

I know there is never a good time for air and heating system to go on the fritz

its tolerable right now since temps are not extremely high or low,hope for a good turn of events before the temps nose dive.

They say the best time to replace if you know you limped through last season and you won't make another is summer.  Many of them seem to be looking for the work then, especially if they don't also do AC work.  I know we have a standing service appointment at the end of every summer where they come out to service the beast to prep it for winter because they are free and its before they are getting no heat calls as fall approaches and people start to turn the heat back on.

6 hours ago, pineknott said:

I know there is never a good time for air and heating system to go on the fritz

That is why I replaced everything by the end of September (about 6 years ago). That was: heating unit, AC, water heater/boiler, 2 central humidifiers, central electronic air cleaner and  one big UV light, that helps to have fresh air in my house :). All those old units were still working with exceptions for humidifiers sometimes they were licking water, no big deal.  But not very good when the whole basement is finished.  I replaced everything because everything was little over 20 years old.  I did not wanted to take any risks  going to the winter. The end of September it was a perfect time here where I live to replace that stuff. No AC or heat is needed.

Because it was "out of season" no "emergency" and I bought everything at the same time,  BIG PLUS was:  I always can bargain almost any price down very well!! LOL. I got very good price on that "package - Deal". . Do not get me wrong, it was NOT cheap at all, but those appliances never are!. I know I saved a lot of $$$$ :).

Krys

• Like 1

GREAT IDEA for Christmas gifts! :)

Just add aplliques to a store bought tops. I am sure kids would LOVE that even some adults. Just need to buy some colorful fuzzy fabrics. Maybe some fleece would do the trick. Having a sewing machine with Zig-zag stitch would speed up that process.

Krys

NOT MY PICTURE!

image.png

Edited by USpolishgirl

Up early this morning and chores done.  Getting the rain early, but that is ok.  Nothing going on.

Working on some Christmas stuff.

Have a fun day.

I am copying and using this, its just right

Good afternoon!

Tampa doll what are you working on? Sadly I haven't been able to get anything done yet.  Yesterday I helped daughter unpack some and put her table together. Moved boxes around so her dining room was a dining room. I did not sleep last night. It's crazy, my mind went in a bill zillion ways and there was no way I was sleeping.

Lea as soon as I can break away I would love to visit with you... 

hello  , good to see you sandra, keeping busy i see lol  nothing much nee today yet lol  so a few minutes to get on amazon, and order a couple necessities lol  ok see you all soon again  !!

Its been awhile. (Did you miss me?)

Major happenings. I quit my job at the preschool. I am very sad about it but it just got to that point. 

My niece got married Saturday. We flew to California for the ceremony. I do not recommend flying American Airlines. They are filling their flights (other airlines are cutting capacity by 1/3). 4 full flights to complete our trip. Fortunately a week later we are all feeling well and healthy.

Been working on cross stitch , which I have rediscovered during the pandemic. I will get back to crochet but for now am enjoying the detailed and slower pace of cross stitch.

Hope all are staying safe. I did read about everyones adventures with grandkids and appliances. Huge shout out to Carol and all our teachers. You did not sign up for all of this but you are always there for our kids. 

Hey glad to see you are back, sorry about the job, cause I remember you saying you could not wait to get back.  Sounds like a fun trip to California.  I hope the wedding was nice.

Not much going on here.  Working on some tree ornaments.  1 kit and 2 patterns from the new Crochet World.

Just got my weekly order from the grocery store.

Waiting for aa batteries so I can light my tree again.

Well, off to my corner, as I have lots of parts to the ornaments.

Have fun today.

I call that "ALL in ONE" :).  Sorry, there was no pattern.

NOT MY PICTURE!

image.png.06d21724ff7eaddc74c3bb4a83674562.png

21 minutes ago, USpolishgirl said:

I call that "ALL in ONE" :).  Sorry, there was no pattern.

NOT MY PICTURE!

image.png.06d21724ff7eaddc74c3bb4a83674562.png

oh that is nice!

1 hour ago, katyallen8090 said:

oh that is nice!

Yes,  specially for those who are dealing very cold winters.

That person who crochet that hat seen a picture of knitted version.  She did not wrote a pattern for that. Looking at that picture dos not look it would be very hard to make that with no pattern. if someone  would really like to.

Krys

Good Morning,

I hope you are all doing well. I'm trying to do a little weaving this morning before my granddaughter gets here. 

Have a great day!

Good Morning.  

Boy Krys I do not miss wearing that stuff in the winter.  Nice and warm and pretty.

Not much going on today.

Up early and just checking things out.

• Like 1