katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

On 10/7/2020 at 10:45 AM, owlvamp said:

I have been up way to early this morning , well every morning actually. Our Air unit went out .. So we've been on the hunt for the best price to get one. Okay on a role now. Washer was leaking all over my floor. Just wonderful. So we pulled it out to see what's up. Took hoses off and filter cleaned them all. Must of been clogged. Working great. Next few days My dryer will not stay on it keeps turning itself off. Okay fine!! Do a search on line to see what's up and I cleaned the filter , cleaned the outside vent and the hose going to dryer, Then cleaned inside the pipe the hose connects to the dryer. Not something I would normally do , but hubby was working so I did it. Tinkered a little bit and it's working great. Thank goodness. Then my dishwasher decided to stop working. I tore out the drain, cleaned it , Nope not working. Hubby looked at it nope need a new one. Lovely but okay I'll wash dishes for now. Then yesterday my stove decided it was going to act up. Okay what's up with all this. So we have to replace Air/heat unit a must!!!  NOT cheap. Next dishwasher and maybe a stove but it's working for now. 

Tore out the carpet in my living room and will need to replace a few boards on wood floor. I am so happy the carpet is gone. Next I will be doing the walls and painting my front door...

How is everybody doing !

Holy Smokes sandra, come help out at my place, my hubby is so busy fixing other folks stuff nothing works at my place...LOL

On 10/6/2020 at 9:08 AM, pineknott said:

good Tuesday morning

cool brisk Fall morning, loving it, heading out to finish planting the pansies,glad I found plain yellow for what I plant as my ( Pot Of Gold )

have a great day

Knowing you ar eon the upswing made my heart happy

22 hours ago, USpolishgirl said:

Do you guys remember that  "Candy Corn Family with Triplets"  I made while ago??. Those  "Candy Corn Baby - Triplets"  arrived  few days later after I made Candy Corn -Parents LOL

My Candy Corn Baby Triplets I made with NO pattern. They are little chubbier than those above shown in that pattern.  That all started from that Big Candy Corn pattern I used for Parents). I did  added a Hat for a Father & Flower for Mother. Because those were gifts for two little kids -sister & brother. I needed to make them look little different so each of them would know "Who owns each Candy Corn ?". They could not look the same :).

Here are some pictures of "My Candy Corn Family"

Krys

DSC00857.JPG

DSC00884.JPG

DSC00837.JPG

I LOVE this, you did a great job!!!

• Thanks 1

On 9/27/2020 at 2:05 PM, katyallen8090 said:

lol yep thanks lea!!

I got your message sweetie... squares will go out next week after the old SS check comes in!

Catching up, because my life is anything but boring but I wish it was....

Jeremy and kathy were putting the 3 boys to bed last week, Jeremy was carrying carter ( age 2) up the stairs and the older boys ages 5 &4 were already upstairs... Kathy was carrying Amelia ( newborn) up the stairs when she tripped and fell backwards, through the baby gate . Kathy hurt her shoulder and hit her head... Amelia hit her head and after xrays found out Kathy and Amelia had concussions, Amelia had a skull fracture... fortunately both ar ehome healing well,  Amelia had no brain bleeds or clots, they both just had a two day hospital stay.... which means I was on MiMi duty again...

So Josh and Jenn sent this picture to me of Savannah in her Halloween costume, remember that old movie A League of their Own with Tom Hanks, Gina Davis Etc?    That's what savannah is going as... of course there is no trick or treat, but she does have a little thing at her school...thought I would share my sweet girl

savvy12.jpg

• Like 1

Now that my heart is out of my throat Lea.  I am keeping them in my prayers.  What a scare.

The Princess looks great in her outfit.  Still no idea what is going on here.  I am ready if they allow it.

Take care and hope Kathy and Amelia get better soon.  What a scare that was.

Time to shut down for the night.

Have a good night everyone.

Reni you are right it will be 4 years ago by the end of Nov.-2016. Yes i remember that story I made up... Candy Corn Mom & Dad wore expecting ...couple or few days later Triplets  arrived!. They were born on that Halloween Tree LOL.

After I was finished working on those two big Candy Corn I got that idea to make those Triplets :). That was why the first pictures I posted, there were only of Mom & Dad. Than I started working on those smaller Candy Corns..

About that Upright Walker I understand. Not everyone needs or likes the same thing to help them because of pain.

Take care,

Krys

good morning

wishing them a speedy recovery , Lea, how scary

a gloomy few days here, wonderful for flowers but not much for working in the yard

enjoy your day

good morning

full day here

stay safe and mask up

On 10/9/2020 at 5:37 PM, pineknott said:

they had me try the cane, I don't know why but I couldn't get out of my own way and almost tripped over it a few times

kept asking if I was doing it right,she said I was

i cant use the cane on my left side, thats my bad side, but i have no trouble using in for support, on my right side, my good side   go figure  huh 

On 10/9/2020 at 7:01 PM, USpolishgirl said:

Do you guys remember that  "Candy Corn Family with Triplets"  I made while ago??. Those  "Candy Corn Baby - Triplets"  arrived  few days later after I made Candy Corn -Parents LOL

My Candy Corn Baby Triplets I made with NO pattern. They are little chubbier than those above shown in that pattern.  That all started from that Big Candy Corn pattern I used for Parents). I did  added a Hat for a Father & Flower for Mother. Because those were gifts for two little kids -sister & brother. I needed to make them look little different so each of them would know "Who owns each Candy Corn ?". They could not look the same :).

Here are some pictures of "My Candy Corn Family"

Krys

DSC00857.JPG

DSC00884.JPG

DSC00837.JPG

oohhh darling lol  

• Thanks 1

On 10/10/2020 at 5:34 PM, minwifeof4boys said:

Holy Smokes sandra, come help out at my place, my hubby is so busy fixing other folks stuff nothing works at my place...LOL

oh i do know that feeling lol  you know the saying and i paraphrase for you, 

the shoemakers wife goes barefoot   lol  

good Tuesday morning

a brand new day,make it the best it can be, mask up and stay safe

Good Morning.

Off to the foot Dr. this morning.

I have to post my place mats yet.  I finished them and got pictures.  I also made the pot holder that goes with them.  If is a fun and easy pattern, especially for someone who has never done a graph.

Hope you are all well.  

Still into to summer weather, except no rain.

Have a fun day,

Back home and the lage toe is numb.  He had to numb it to make it better.  Ingrown toe nail.

Here are my placemats.  Falling Leaves

Have fun today.

5 hours ago, pineknott said:

good Tuesday morning

a brand new day,make it the best it can be, mask up and stay safe

💜💙💚 got some weaving to do lol  

DSC00147.JPG

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, katyallen8090 said:

hey anyone know where or how bgs is?? been so long   

I am around and doing ok. Feeling terribly unmotivated in doing much of anything.

5 hours ago, katyallen8090 said:

💜💙💚 got some weaving to do lol 

OMG!! :( :( :(

Krys

21 hours ago, bgs said:

I am around and doing ok. Feeling terribly unmotivated in doing much of anything.

aw, well, hopefully you will reclaim your mojo soon huh lol  glad you are ok  

20 hours ago, USpolishgirl said:

OMG!! :( :( :(

Krys

just another day in the old square factory lol  

• Sad 1

Hello Everyone!

Things have been busy here. I am back in my classroom with half of my class in the classroom and teaching the other half online at the same time, it is challenging.

I hope everyone is doing well.