katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

Hello

I hope everyone is doing well.

Hi- just checking in. I somehow hurt my hip night before last so, I've been laid up not being able to sit for long. Seems like I get one health problem worked out and another pops up. 

I did crochet a little last night on the drawstring bag, finally. I'm just going with my own version of a pattern. It's about half way completed. 

My GS visited yesterday with his girlfriend and she told me she is learning to crochet- Yay! Another youngun about to get addicted. She loves it. It'll be good for her as she works in the neo-natal dept. at the hospital. Talk about a rewarding yet at times stressful job. The crocheting will help with that for her. The GS loved the toys I crocheted for his kittens. I forgot to get a pic of them so I asked him to send me one.

It's still warm here- 93°F today, supposedly cooling down to the 80's next week but, still no rain. I'll be happy with cooler temps so I can sit on my back patio and crochet in the fresh air.

Yesterday my daughter's Sunday dinner for us was Chicken Marsala. OMGoodness it was so good! I'm so blessed!

What's everyone else up to? Hope the afternoon is a sweet one where ever you are.

• Like 1

Good Morning.

Up early this morning, so I thought I would get my computer stuff done, as I found a cool pattern for placemats for November in CrochetWorld 1991.  I was looking for something else and ran across them.  

Humidity came back yesterday and I wish it would go away again.

Don't know if I told you or not, but my BIL got the afghan and loved it.  It is the first thing you see when you walk into the house.

Reni I do hope you are feeling better with the hip.  Yeah, the older we get the more seems to hurt.

Have a fun day today.

good Tuesday morning

cool brisk Fall morning, loving it, heading out to finish planting the pansies,glad I found plain yellow for what I plant as my ( Pot Of Gold )

have a great day

3 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

I found a cool pattern for placemats for November in CrochetWorld 1991.  I was looking for something else and ran across them.

Would be nice to see what you found that is so cool...  Is there a Link to that place mats pattern?

Krys

18 hours ago, ReniC said:

I somehow hurt my hip night before last so, I've been laid up not being able to sit for long. Seems like I get one health problem worked out and another pops up. 

Reni I hope your hip will feel better soon! :)

You must take it easy for a while...

Krys

mid week already,time flies, doing good just busy

I have been up way to early this morning , well every morning actually. Our Air unit went out .. So we've been on the hunt for the best price to get one. Okay on a role now. Washer was leaking all over my floor. Just wonderful. So we pulled it out to see what's up. Took hoses off and filter cleaned them all. Must of been clogged. Working great. Next few days My dryer will not stay on it keeps turning itself off. Okay fine!! Do a search on line to see what's up and I cleaned the filter , cleaned the outside vent and the hose going to dryer, Then cleaned inside the pipe the hose connects to the dryer. Not something I would normally do , but hubby was working so I did it. Tinkered a little bit and it's working great. Thank goodness. Then my dishwasher decided to stop working. I tore out the drain, cleaned it , Nope not working. Hubby looked at it nope need a new one. Lovely but okay I'll wash dishes for now. Then yesterday my stove decided it was going to act up. Okay what's up with all this. So we have to replace Air/heat unit a must!!!  NOT cheap. Next dishwasher and maybe a stove but it's working for now. 

Tore out the carpet in my living room and will need to replace a few boards on wood floor. I am so happy the carpet is gone. Next I will be doing the walls and painting my front door...

How is everybody doing !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, owlvamp said:

I have been up way to early this morning , well every morning actually. Our Air unit went out .. So we've been on the hunt for the best price to get one. Okay on a role now. Washer was leaking all over my floor. Just wonderful. So we pulled it out to see what's up. Took hoses off and filter cleaned them all. Must of been clogged. Working great. Next few days My dryer will not stay on it keeps turning itself off. Okay fine!! Do a search on line to see what's up and I cleaned the filter , cleaned the outside vent and the hose going to dryer, Then cleaned inside the pipe the hose connects to the dryer. Not something I would normally do , but hubby was working so I did it. Tinkered a little bit and it's working great. Thank goodness. Then my dishwasher decided to stop working. I tore out the drain, cleaned it , Nope not working. Hubby looked at it nope need a new one. Lovely but okay I'll wash dishes for now. Then yesterday my stove decided it was going to act up. Okay what's up with all this. So we have to replace Air/heat unit a must!!!  NOT cheap. Next dishwasher and maybe a stove but it's working for now. 

Tore out the carpet in my living room and will need to replace a few boards on wood floor. I am so happy the carpet is gone. Next I will be doing the walls and painting my front door...

How is everybody doing !

my gosh woman!! you are a tornado!! all those appliances, but the best news you fixed most of them lol  you are an amazing person!! good job!! 

17 hours ago, owlvamp said:

How is everybody doing !

WOW! you fixed so many things...You probably could make a good money fixing stuff for other people :)

I can only fix things what can be fix with Super glue LOL

Krys

I don't know about fixing for other people. But simple things I sure would give it a shot. :) 

3 hours ago, owlvamp said:

I don't know about fixing for other people. But simple things I sure would give it a shot. :) 

I know you would not, that was just a joke :)

Owlvamp: Wow! Wonder Woman trophy for you! I'm pretty good at be mechanically inclined but you outshined me 100x more. You go gal!

Me: I did work on the drawstring bag las night. All that's left is the border and drawstrings. I may put some beads on them.

I thought I graduated from the walker to my cane this morning, but after a few rounds around the house, went back to the walker for a day or so more. I prefer it to pain meds.

My GD helped me make some Pecan Pie Bars yesterday. They were ok, but to me, not near as good as the good old Pecan Pie. Half are for my SIL since he helps so much around here, and the other half goes in the freezer. Too tempting to keep them all out.

I came across a cute pattern for little Candy Corn ami's. If I have the colors for them and since they're small, I'm going to whip out 4 of them for my GG kids. But, I'll make the faces just a bit different.

Hope the day goes smoothly for all. Toodles!

they had me try the cane, I don't know why but I couldn't get out of my own way and almost tripped over it a few times

kept asking if I was doing it right,she said I was

15 hours ago, ReniC said:

I came across a cute pattern for little Candy Corn ami's. If I have the colors for them and since they're small, I'm going to whip out 4 of them for my GG kids. But, I'll make the faces just a bit different.

Do you guys remember that  "Candy Corn Family with Triplets"  I made while ago??. Those  "Candy Corn Baby - Triplets"  arrived  few days later after I made Candy Corn -Parents LOL

My Candy Corn Baby Triplets I made with NO pattern. They are little chubbier than those above shown in that pattern.  That all started from that Big Candy Corn pattern I used for Parents). I did  added a Hat for a Father & Flower for Mother. Because those were gifts for two little kids -sister & brother. I needed to make them look little different so each of them would know "Who owns each Candy Corn ?". They could not look the same :).

Here are some pictures of "My Candy Corn Family"

Krys

DSC00857.JPG

DSC00884.JPG

DSC00837.JPG

Edited by USpolishgirl
  • Like 2

those candy corn dolls or pillows are super cute

• Like 1

Love all the Candy Corns Krys.  I love the way your display your things.

Canes make no sense to me, but I do use one.  You are suppose to put them on the opposit side that hurts.  My left knee and leg give me trouble, but the cane goes on the right side.:think  It did take a while to get use to it, but like everything else, it takes practice.  I understand the walker is steader, as DH uses one most of the time, but I think you have more freedom with a cane. JMO.

So finishing up the last place mat, then I will get pictures.  

Off to make breakfast and then back to   my crocheting.

• Thanks 1

Krys,  Love all the candy corn people.  I also love candy corn - pure sugar I know.   

I use a cane now having lost part of my quadricep muscle in my tumor removal surgery.  And yes it does go on the opposite side.  I know that doesn't make sense to some people.  I used to tell my patients to think about how your arms move when you walk.  That seems to help some people understand. You want extra support for the bad leg so the cane provides another point if contact as you put weight on the weaker leg and increases your base of support when it's in the opposite hand.  Sorry for the lecture.  Years of trying to convince people which hand the cane goes in is imprinted in my brain.

Fall has arrived in the Pacific Northwest.  It's raining here in Washington but unfortunately not in California.

Stay safe everyone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank You Mary Jo :)

Yes I would assume that cane is a lot handy-er & easy-er to use than walkers, they are a lot smaller :). I never used any of them. My Mom used before she got her knee replaced & for a short while after that surgery. Later she was going to have her other knee replaced BUT she died before that. She really suffered for a long time because of that pain.

Now I see advertised on TV those "Upright Walkers" If only they would had them when my Mom was a life. That kind walker would helped her a LOT.  Now they came up with a lighter smaller version of those "Upright Walkers". I guess it is easier to put them in a car or where ever.... They are not cheap, from what I heard  the is cost about 400 to 500 Bucks. You can even put your Dogie on that  and take him for a ride :). There is a "basket" for shopping & other stuff.. People can walk upright not slouch down like with other walkers ( walking slouch down must be bad for back) I know my Mom would liked that Upright Walker..

Krys

alp1, I got the lecture when I went to Rehab. :rofl So it is imprinted into my brain also, but it still does not make sense.  You would think you would want it on the side with the hurt leg, but no, it belongs on the other side.

We have summer back here.  Hazy, Hot and Humid with a chance of rain.

Off to see what the world has to offer.

Krys- I remember now it was your Candy Corn Family I knew I'd seen somewhere! They are so cute and I loved the story you included for the Triplets birth. Geesh- that was about 4 or 5 years ago right? I've looked into the Upright Walkers, but just can't make up my mind on that purchase. I'm not sure I would even like it.

Canes: Height of the cane is important also to prevent fatigue in the arm/shoulder.

And no rain in sight for here either- Boo! It is so dry in this high desert.

I worked on the little drawstring bag last night and finished the border. I'm at a standstill for the drawstring though. I want to make a cord of some sort, but can't find one that doesn't stretch too much. It seems like I looked at a dozen videos so far. I-cord, Spiral Cord, etc. I'm using Simply Soft yarn and it's hard to see the stitches with a H/8 hook.

I'm trying for a super day and hope you have one too. Ta-ta!