katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

19 hours ago, bgs said:

Krys, Pam the lady that started the group requested the ends to be left because she wanted to weave them in herself to make absolutely sure they did not come undone.  I think she had received squares in the past that came undone when she washed a completed afghan.  I think it is sometimes the deciding factor on whether some will send squares or not as many do not like working in ends.

That makes sense!. I did read few "Newbe" posts they did not knew WHY their blankets opened-up??. I do think that was  "funny" question!. REALLY?? LOL.

When it comes to me, it would take more time weaving those ends than crocheting that square. I made items for my daughter & granddaughters thru the years. NOT one  came apart even after being washed probably some more than 100 times... I do know I always overdo weaving those ends very, very, very and very...... well!! LOL. 

My advice to all those square makers would be: "a) keep your ruler next to you when crocheting. b) do NOT cut shorter any end of yarn than 5"-6".  c) weave those tails of yarn to THE END (all their lenght - NO CUTTING them shorter!) VERY, VERY, VERY SECURELY!!!. You just can not do part of your work on those squares and ship them to someone to finish your job. Weaving all those ends it is probably the worse part of crocheting. So WHY people think that  another person can do their job PLUS many others.....? :(. NOT FAIR!

Krys

Okay, I think I am caught up on everything, maybe not... Had something to do everyday of the week which is not  my style... One more 1 1/2 trip down to J&k's to help out tomorrow and I think I have a few days off.  Spent the day with Josh, Jenn & Savannah...we went out to lunch and the woman told Josh how beautiful Savannah was and Savannah said..."I'm Philippine"....🤣🤣 such a sassy thing

Reni, I think its great you can pass on a craft to the next generation...that's awesome\\

Lyn, how are you?

MJ, Josh said he needs that afghan in his life >>>LOL, I sent him a picture since he is familiar with you from the doll you sent Savannah..

I love amigrumi and think I might do the vampire, he is so cute..

Katy, I have just a pile of squares..some time we need to get together and figure this out...

Hugs ya'll

7 hours ago, minwifeof4boys said:

MJ, Josh said he needs that afghan in his life >>>LOL, 

All you need is to make MJ start talking..... MAYBE she will finally give up her secret!

WHERE is she getting those  SELF CROCHETING HOOKS ??! 

Knowing that would help many of us......! LOL

Krys

good Sunday morning to everyone

Lea, I'm doing good, thanks,OT has released me, PT, just need to get more confident on the 3 steps we have out back, told her I wanted to get that done, cause I want to plant pansies this year and tend them

Good Morning.

Pineknott, glad to hear you are doing so well.  The road to recovery is always the hardest.

I do not have self crocheting hooks.  Everything else was just ignored.  I put away my Santa and Mrs. Clause (which I finished up yesterday).  Now I am looking for something else to do.  

Lea, I see so many cute and fascinating graphs on Free Crocheting Graphs on Face Book.  This one surprised me the most.  Someone came on with a picture and before you know it, I said it was cool and had the graph in my messages.  I will gladly pass on the graph to you.  :rofl

Well off to see what trouble I can get into.

Have a great Sunday.

1 hour ago, Tampa Doll said:

I do not have self crocheting hooks.  Everything else was just ignored.  I put away my Santa and Mrs. Clause (which I finished up yesterday).  Now I am looking for something else to do.

You just don't want us to know WHERE we can buy that hook! LOL

We  could ignore everything else ( including sleeping ) and that would not help us much. To make that Trump blanket would take us probably couple months at least.

OK,  you can keep your secret if you want to be that way. That is not very friendly at all :(

What SANTA you are working on? Is that a "Fancy" looking Santa?. I am looking for a very "Fancy"  Santa about 12"-15" tall.  I would make a very nice Christmas wreath adding him to that :).

Krys

18 hours ago, minwifeof4boys said:

Okay, I think I am caught up on everything, maybe not... Had something to do everyday of the week which is not  my style... One more 1 1/2 trip down to J&k's to help out tomorrow and I think I have a few days off.  Spent the day with Josh, Jenn & Savannah...we went out to lunch and the woman told Josh how beautiful Savannah was and Savannah said..."I'm Philippine"....🤣🤣 such a sassy thing

Reni, I think its great you can pass on a craft to the next generation...that's awesome\\

Lyn, how are you?

MJ, Josh said he needs that afghan in his life >>>LOL, I sent him a picture since he is familiar with you from the doll you sent Savannah..

I love amigrumi and think I might do the vampire, he is so cute..

Katy, I have just a pile of squares..some time we need to get together and figure this out...

Hugs ya'll

lol yep thanks lea!!

21 hours ago, USpolishgirl said:

That makes sense!. I did read few "Newbe" posts they did not knew WHY their blankets opened-up??. I do think that was  "funny" question!. REALLY?? LOL.

When it comes to me, it would take more time weaving those ends than crocheting that square. I made items for my daughter & granddaughters thru the years. NOT one  came apart even after being washed probably some more than 100 times... I do know I always overdo weaving those ends very, very, very and very...... well!! LOL. 

My advice to all those square makers would be: "a) keep your ruler next to you when crocheting. b) do NOT cut shorter any end of yarn than 5"-6".  c) weave those tails of yarn to THE END (all their lenght - NO CUTTING them shorter!) VERY, VERY, VERY SECURELY!!!. You just can not do part of your work on those squares and ship them to someone to finish your job. Weaving all those ends it is probably the worse part of crocheting. So WHY people think that  another person can do their job PLUS many others.....? :(. NOT FAIR!

Krys

i believe you do a great job krys, i do!!

4 hours ago, katyallen8090 said:

4 hours ago, katyallen8090 said:

i believe you do a great job krys, i do!!

I was not trying to convince anyone about quality of my work LOL

I was just trying to point out issues about those "not-finished" squares....

Krys

Here it is Monday and I have finished and posted a picture of Santa and Mrs. Claus.  They are in Show and Tell with all the info.

Hope everyone is doing well.

I am looking for Richsgirl's address if anyone has it.  I do not have the new one in AZ.

Well, have fun.  Off to find another project.

3 hours ago, katyallen8090 said:

thanks mj ill check that out   

wel the call is out on rav about needing 1 o2 more seamers, and i hope we get some bites, as i feel almost like im doing this alone you know  well keep everything crossed someone pops up for me ok  lol  

Katy I do hope you will find someone very soon to help you with sewing those squares together. I do know how to sew very well almost anything...( NO mans suits! ) LOL.  I know that seaming those squares would drive me "nuts"! :(. I need to work on something  DIFFERENT all the time. Even making two of the same ponchos, hats or same scarfs for my granddaughters when they were little were driving me CRAZY! :(. Besides that I always need to keep my "brain" busy figuring out HOW to make or design something different. Once I will figure it out, I will make that. I will never want to repeat that. O do, it would be very easy to make another one of the same after all problems are solved.  I just need move on to create & solve new problems LOL. Go and try to figure that kind of behavior.. Crazy ha?. I know :).

Krys

23 hours ago, USpolishgirl said:

Katy I do hope you will find someone very soon to help you with sewing those squares together. I do know how to sew very well almost anything...( NO mans suits! ) LOL.  I know that seaming those squares would drive me "nuts"! :(. I need to work on something  DIFFERENT all the time. Even making two of the same ponchos, hats or same scarfs for my granddaughters when they were little were driving me CRAZY! :(. Besides that I always need to keep my "brain" busy figuring out HOW to make or design something different. Once I will figure it out, I will make that. I will never want to repeat that. O do, it would be very easy to make another one of the same after all problems are solved.  I just need move on to create & solve new problems LOL. Go and try to figure that kind of behavior.. Crazy ha?. I know :).

Krys

thanks krys, i recruited two new "overflow seamers" as we are dubbing them we two moderaters  will supply them with our overflow squares when we have them  looks like we got a break, after all lol  thankx!!

• Like 1

Good early morning!!

its been one thing after another hear. Our air unit went. It's not fixable !! Had a second opinion and we need another one. It's not good for 2 straight days ran fans to keep house as cool as I can. My bulldog can't handle heat. It's actually been a nightmare keeping her cool. Been doing ice cubes then cold wet towels. When it starts cool outside I put a fan in doorway.been trying to sell my crochet stuff. I sold 1 hotpad and 3 small octopus's. Defitinitly not enough for a unit yet. Hubby found a job and now back to catch up on house and bills. I also need ti figure out how to do part of roof.. Like I said it's been crazy here..I need to Win the lotto..

15 hours ago, katyallen8090 said:

thanks krys, i recruited two new "overflow seamers" as we are dubbing them we two moderaters  will supply them with our overflow squares when we have them  looks like we got a break, after all lol  thankx!!

I'm glad you found some helpers. It takes a special person to put squares together to start with. Seaming is definitely not my favorite task. And on top of that squares from different sources that might not be exactly the same size. You're a special lady to take on this task.

• Like 1

Good Morning.

Been busy here changing things over.  Got the tree done, tomorrow will be the rest of the house.

Well, today is the big BOAT parade for the Lightning who won the Stanley Cup.  That is from 3:30 till 5 pm.  Then a big party at Rayond James, where the Bucs play at 7:30.  I had to laugh.  The guys have been away for 2 months.  Today they showed them getting off the plane and this little (maybe 1 year old) standing with his Lightning shirt on stomping on his feet like littl kids do to welcome home Daddy.

Still looking for something to crochet.  Have not been hit with the must do gene.

Have a fun day.

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2020 at 4:29 PM, USpolishgirl said:

Krys

I TOTALLY agree, Krys!!!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

I'm glad you found some helpers. It takes a special person to put squares together to start with. Seaming is definitely not my favorite task. And on top of that squares from different sources that might not be exactly the same size. You're a special lady to take on this task.

aw thanks mona, you know i hated seaming too, lol  and id still rather crochet but difficult times call for sacrifices right, and i am nothing if not flexible lol   lol you are kind to to comment, thank you💛💚💙    

Posted (edited)
On 9/29/2020 at 11:28 PM, owlvamp said:

Good early morning!!

its been one thing after another hear. Our air unit went. It's not fixable !! Had a second opinion and we need another one. It's not good for 2 straight days ran fans to keep house as cool as I can. My bulldog can't handle heat. It's actually been a nightmare keeping her cool. Been doing ice cubes then cold wet towels. When it starts cool outside I put a fan in doorway.been trying to sell my crochet stuff. I sold 1 hotpad and 3 small octopus's. Defitinitly not enough for a unit yet. Hubby found a job and now back to catch up on house and bills. I also need ti figure out how to do part of roof.. Like I said it's been crazy here..I need to Win the lotto..

hey there!! good to see you back, but you sure get your share of callamities, huh, but we all do i guess, that is part of life.  sometimes i  remind myself of that old saying, and im paraphrasing here,  how you are only given what you can handle, but then i wonder,  who is in charge of saying enough already!! lol  

Edited by katyallen8090

On 9/27/2020 at 5:44 PM, USpolishgirl said:

Krys

i got that krys, but i have seen some of your things and i know you are an excelent stitcher is all i meant lol  

• Like 1

On 9/27/2020 at 7:50 AM, Tampa Doll said:

I do not have self crocheting hooks. 

I wish those hooks exist! LOL. We could buy two of them and get 2 "Trump Blankets" made  in two weeks :).

I do know many people they would just LOVE that blanket :).

Krys

Girls, any of you know where to find that pattern??

Thanks,

Krys.

image.png.4fd91e6ba6f5af24b3ca7e66c9426b14.png

quick fly by hello, out the door we go

2 hours ago, Bailey4 said:

Thank you very much! :)

I do not know if is me? or that site is little weird?. I was trying to buy that one pattern there and pay with my credit card- Visa. When I click to pay with credit card it says something like that: "We do not have any of your credit cards and...?". Those people they even have an option there to give them money ahead (almost any amount" so they can keep that money for FUTURE patterns purchases. Now that weird and I do not want to give them EXTRA of MY MONEY for them to keep for "the future purchases". That is crazy! WHO would want to give them EXTRA money to just sit there??

I really want to buy that pattern. I just do not know how to buy that there?. That NEVER happened to me before. I did send a message to their Costumer Department. I hope they will reply soon. 

Maybe any of you can tell me WHAT I am doing wrong there? that I can not get a chance to type my credit card info. and pay for that pattern?

I did open my account there as they asked.

UPDATE: I been looking some more on that site. I think I finally figure it out what is going on there with payments. Payments need to go to a bank in Europe. That is IF my Credit Card - Bank is doing transactions with that Bank in Europe??. Those people could make that little easier! LOL. We can buy stuff here from different country and pay with credit card with NO problem. It might be a little different price, but no big problems like that..!

Thank you,

Krys

On 9/27/2020 at 5:44 PM, USpolishgirl said:

Krys

i got that krys, but i have seen some of your things and i know you are an excelent stitcher is all i meant lol  

• Like 1