katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

52 minutes ago, katyallen8090 said:

oh sorry about the migraine, i have thank goodness only had them a couple times in my whole life, one time i knew i couldnt even drive so i called in a sick day, and you know, my inconsiderate boss, still wanted me to try, i made it to the driveway, turned around and went back in.. i was not going to risk my health for him lol he never asked me again to go against my own decisions  so that at least stopped that lol things seemed never the same after that lol  oh well, huh

Yea- those migraines can be stinkers. It was wise  of you to go back home. My mother and younger brother had migraines something awful. Especially my brother. I've had them hit a couple of times when I was driving and had to pull over because of the aura until it was gone. I can't even crochet, or do anything for that matter sometimes when I get one. The meds help but, I hate taking them. The medical/science community is just now really starting to touch base with how they work.

good morning everyone,out the door for 1st. appt. of the week,will check back later

21 hours ago, katyallen8090 said:

oh sorry about the migraine, i have thank goodness only had them a couple times in my whole life, one time i knew i couldnt even drive so i called in a sick day, and you know, my inconsiderate boss, still wanted me to try, i made it to the driveway, turned around and went back in.. i was not going to risk my health for him lol he never asked me again to go against my own decisions  so that at least stopped that lol things seemed never the same after that lol  oh well, huh

Oh!  I can relate to that boss of yours!  The day my father-in-law was buried, my boss called and had the nerve to ask me to come in to work!!!  In fact, it "got my goat" so much that I called in the following day and told him I couldn't come back until the next week--(that was on a Friday).!!!  Needless to say, I began the task of finding a better place to work immediately after that!!!  And found one!!! :D

2 hours ago, Avon Lady said:

Oh!  I can relate to that boss of yours!  The day my father-in-law was buried, my boss called and had the nerve to ask me to come in to work!!!  In fact, it "got my goat" so much that I called in the following day and told him I couldn't come back until the next week--(that was on a Friday).!!!  Needless to say, I began the task of finding a better place to work immediately after that!!!  And found one!!! :D

great, sometimes things just work right huh!!!

oh in other news, uh, lemme think lol  still seaming, and sorting and weaving in ends for afghans for Pine Ridge, its my life now  seaming sorting, and weaving in ends lol  but i have a pretty decent system for it all lol  works for me anyway   ..if any of you are cruising around being bored and all, drop in on ravelry, under groups, Afghans for Pine Ridge, and say hello, or  join the chatter, or just look at  the Pics id be glad to see ya there !  🤎💜💙💚💛https://www.ravelry.com/groups/afghan-squares-for-pine-ridge-reservation

Edited by katyallen8090

Good Morning everyone.

Boy can I relate to migraines.  I use to have to go into a dark room with a cold compress on my head and plenty of quite for at least an hour, if I caught them early.  I don't get them anymore, but I come close at times.  

Not much going on.  The trees are cut, the tile is down and the only thing left is the TV being replaced.  That will be tomorrow.

I am almost done with my afghan.  Soon I will be doing the edging.

I will take a picture when it is done.

Have a great day everyone.

Good morning!

hope all is doing well. We've been so busy this past weekend. Monday was a crash day.

On 9/20/2020 at 12:03 PM, katyallen8090 said:

Yea- those migraines can be stinkers. It was wise  of you to go back home. My mother and younger brother had migraines something awful. Especially my brother. I've had them hit a couple of times when I was driving and had to pull over because of the aura until it was gone. I can't even crochet, or do anything for that matter sometimes when I get one. The meds help but, I hate taking them. The medical/science community is just now really starting to touch base with how they work.

Not much going on in this neck of the woods. I finished the cat toys (except for one pair of eyes) for my GS's 2 kittens. The 2 pair that I embroidered on makes them look like zombie mice- LOL. I may just glue on some little plastic eyes on the 3rd one. Last night I finally started on the drawstring bag for my Grt-GD to go in the Treasure Box. I couldn't find the scrap colors I wanted so I'm using a variegated and a lavender. Hope it works.

Today when my daughter comes over, I'm teaching her some techniques with acrylic paints. I'm looking forward to it as I haven't painted in a couple of years and it should be fun as my GD is joining us.

Lots of clouds, but no rain here. Dry as the desert can get and then some. Even my ocotillos look stressed, and they're used to draught!

Have a lovely day as much as possible. See ya!

Edited by ReniC
  • Like 1

On 9/18/2020 at 2:38 PM, katyallen8090 said:

lol Krys you made me smile lol  its not ever the same bag lol, when i get them used up, and it takes a while i start another one lol  no factory, no magic no little yarnie balls coming in lol  its a way for me to know i did not waste anything i mean if it wont make a first round of a granny, (about 30-33 winds around my two fingers, or i cant use it to seam two squares together, is about the only time i give up and toss it lol other than that, small and bigger small balls, lol  partials make a couple of rows, ball bag for them lol 

I think I understand everything now LOL. That reminds me of something that happened many years ago...That was when my son was about 8 or 10 years old.  At that time he had a friend same age.  Subject about "dinner" came up. He was saying they have for dinner LEFT OVERS. Than he said: "We ALWAYS (every day) have left-overs for dinner!". I did told him: " You Mom needs to cook a dinner sometimes to have left-overs". He said" NO! we always have left-overs for dinner!" LOL. 

That is why you none-ending supply of those little balls of yarn reminded me of those "left-overs dinners...." LOL 

Krys 

3 hours ago, ReniC said:

yeah the lights, that is how i knew it must be a migraine, scared me you know!!

Reni I hope you enjoyed your day with your daughter.  I am sure you did.

This morning I finished my afghan and took pictures.  You can find it here.

Well I have not been able to just put in the link without the picture.  This is for my BIL, and as you go to the link, you will see it took me 2 weeks to make.

Not much going on here.  Just waiting for them the bring the replacement TV.

Have a fun day.

• Like 1

On 9/22/2020 at 1:39 PM, USpolishgirl said:

I think I understand everything now LOL. That reminds me of something that happened many years ago...That was when my son was about 8 or 10 years old.  At that time he had a friend same age.  Subject about "dinner" came up. He was saying they have for dinner LEFT OVERS. Than he said: "We ALWAYS (every day) have left-overs for dinner!". I did told him: " You Mom needs to cook a dinner sometimes to have left-overs". He said" NO! we always have left-overs for dinner!" LOL. 

That is why you none-ending supply of those little balls of yarn reminded me of those "left-overs dinners...." LOL 

Krys 

ha, very true!!  

• Haha 1

katyallen8090: I hear you on the first time I had the aura. I literally freaked out. Poor ol' hubby didn't know what to do for me.

Mary Jo: I am so impressed with the quality of the afghan for your BIL. The colors are so rich.

Today was not real eventful. I did finally get to go and get a haircut- Yay! The stylist is still only allowing 1 customer at a time in her shop and of course, masks to be worn. Then I went to the gift shop that's in the local True Value store. I love this store! They have so many beautiful items (albeit some things are pricey). I found a music box for my daughter's birthday and a couple of knick-knacks I'm sure she'll love for her new house. I was going to try to go to the grocery store, but, I was just pooped out. So, when I got home, I took a nap- LOL! This evening I'll just crochet for awhile then read a little. Hope all have a very relaxing evening. See ya!

im just throwing this out there, but would anyone be interested in seaming some squares into ghans?? you would get as many squares as you wanted to put together, until you said stop lol  it will only cost a bit of postage to send them out if you decide to do it ok  no pressure, not a problem if no one wants to tackle it seaming is a specified talent, and acquired taste you know lol  thanks just asking if anyone is interested below is my number 6 enjoy used up all the 12 inchers i had left   

DSC00121.JPG

Edited by katyallen8090
  • Like 1

On 9/21/2020 at 2:58 PM, katyallen8090 said:

oh in other news, uh, lemme think lol  still seaming, and sorting and weaving in ends for afghans for Pine Ridge, its my life now  seaming sorting, and weaving in ends lol  but i have a pretty decent system for it all lol  works for me anyway   ..if any of you are cruising around being bored and all, drop in on ravelry, under groups, Afghans for Pine Ridge, and say hello, or  join the chatter, or just look at  the Pics id be glad to see ya there !  🤎💜💙💚💛https://www.ravelry.com/groups/afghan-squares-for-pine-ridge-reservation

I was just wondering... WHY those people who are making those squares are asked  NOT to weave the yarn ends??.  That takes time... I think it would be easier for you if you would not need to do that.

Krys

46 minutes ago, USpolishgirl said:

I was just wondering... WHY those people who are making those squares are asked  NOT to weave the yarn ends??.  That takes time... I think it would be easier for you if you would not need to do that.

Krys

Krys, Pam the lady that started the group requested the ends to be left because she wanted to weave them in herself to make absolutely sure they did not come undone.  I think she had received squares in the past that came undone when she washed a completed afghan.  I think it is sometimes the deciding factor on whether some will send squares or not as many do not like working in ends.

Good Morning.  Love the afghan Katy.

Oh thought I would tell you.  They had the baby shower, that I made the Llama afghan for.  I was told it was the ONLY homemade gift, but it went over big time.  In fact, I was told the new mother cried.  So I guess it was a hit.

Not much planned for today.

My team won last night, so they could win everything tonight and come home with the Stanley Cup.  YEAH!!!

• Like 1

good morning

rather dreary here in the 757. want to go to Walmart but not if its pouring rain, sigh

1 hour ago, pineknott said:

good morning

rather dreary here in the 757. want to go to Walmart but not if its pouring rain, sigh

well lyn there you are, how sre you doing anyway?? good to see ya again too!!

5 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Good Morning.  Love the afghan Katy.

Oh thought I would tell you.  They had the baby shower, that I made the Llama afghan for.  I was told it was the ONLY homemade gift, but it went over big time.  In fact, I was told the new mother cried.  So I guess it was a hit.

Not much planned for today.

My team won last night, so they could win everything tonight and come home with the Stanley Cup.  YEAH!!!

congratz to your llama, and your team lol  

17 hours ago, USpolishgirl said:

Krys

yes agreed krys, we as the new moderators have left that up to the square makers now, send them securly woven in or leave them out and we will do them  either way we are happy to get the squares, either way  i used to hate seaming and weaving in ends, but honestly it goes rather well now and i can usually weave in any ends i get in a little time  as for seaming, takes longer but still going well  lol  thanks for the question Kyrs 💚💙💜 

DSC00120.JPG

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bgs said:

Krys, Pam the lady that started the group requested the ends to be left because she wanted to weave them in herself to make absolutely sure they did not come undone.  I think she had received squares in the past that came undone when she washed a completed afghan.  I think it is sometimes the deciding factor on whether some will send squares or not as many do not like working in ends.

that has all changed now, its up to the square makers, if they are confident in weavin in ends seculy, do so, if they hate that part, leave them for ud  either way is  fine with us, we are i guess not as strict on that as Pam (may she rest in peace)  was and also, we dont mind a few all black or off  white squares either, as that was another of Pam's things we changed we seamers are absolutely positive now, after 5 nonths of us seaming, doing this, we know for sure she had to have help either her church group, or many family members, cause three of us are trying to keep up lol   we have two of us co-moderators on our forum, that totally agree with that,me is one lol  and one other helper, we send overflow to,who also agrees   but they both work, i dont, so their progress is slower, so that is why we are thinking of another helper to take overflow  thanks all 💙💜  💚

Edited by katyallen8090