katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

3 hours ago, pineknott said:

Just checking in,got back home today

Does this mean you wound up back in the hospital?

13 hours ago, bgs said:

Does this mean you wound up back in the hospital?

Yes, Bgs, 3 in ER cause of bed shortage ( 6 days total )

42 minutes ago, pineknott said:

Sorry to hear this.  Hope you are feeling better now.

Trying to catch up on reading of post.  

Doing wash and trying to work on afghan.

I gave away all my homespun.  It is soft, but I did not like working with it.

Looks like the storm has landed now, everyone in the path take care and hunker down.  Be careful.

3 hours ago, pineknott said:

Wow! Glad you are back home!  

3 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

I gave away all my homespun.  It is soft, but I did not like working with it.

Looks like the storm has landed now, everyone in the path take care and hunker down.  Be careful.

I do like to work with Homespun yarn. I made many scarfs, hats and couple sweaters for my grandkids. I even made couple sets hats/scarfs for a teacher of my grandkids. She love them and asked my daughter if i could crochet some for her :).

Everything is going crazy this year. Sometimes I think that maybe we are just getting close to "the end" of this world... First we got that Killer Virus than all those horrible none ending Riots and now all those Wild Fires on West Coast growing bigger & bigger and spreading to other States... If that would not be bad enough we are getting all those Hurricanes and all that destruction from that!. EVERYTHING AT THE SAME TIME! :(.

I hope everyone is Ok!

Krys

Geeze the storm has almost halted (2 mph) and they are now saying Wednesday for it to land.

Be careful every one in the path.

Homespun: I made this for my friend that passed from cancer. Her daughter told me she loved it used this throw exclusively because it was so soft. The color is Tudor. (Sorry, it's not one of my best photos)

Tudor3.jpg

• Like 2

Good morning

I like the feel of homespun,for me it's a nightmare to work with

Glad your friend had something so cuddly soft to wrap herself in

2 hours ago, pineknott said:

Good morning

I like the feel of homespun, for me it's a nightmare to work with

Glad your friend had something so cuddly soft to wrap herself in

Good Morning: Not too many people I've seen online like the Homespun, but, there are several other choices which is great for all of us. And especially me; I'm such a yarn junkie! LOL Which is weird for me since I haven't crocheted in about 4 days. Whaaaat?

Hope you're feeling better today. :hug

Edited by ReniC

On 9/15/2020 at 12:32 PM, ReniC said:

That's okay. Not many I know like to crochet or knit mittens. I haven't in years.

Then how about a stuffed animal? (Be sure to scroll all the way down if interested)

Or a dog sweater? Or crochet a bed runner?

I made a runner out of Homespun for the back of my toilet. Turned out nice and goes with my décor perfect.

cute idea!!  

good ideas all, gives me something to think about lol  

Hey Krys, got to just the very bottom of my jumbo zip lock ball bag today, made these from the small balls this am   

DSC00117.JPG

3 hours ago, katyallen8090 said:

good ideas all, gives me something to think about lol  

Hey Krys, got to just the very bottom of my jumbo zip lock ball bag today, made these from the small balls this am   

DSC00117.JPG

OMG! You do crochet very fast! :). I would not be able to crochet that many squares just in one morning. I am still amazed with the amount of all those tiny balls of yarn you ALWAYS have....... LOL. If I remember correctly you been using all those tiny balls of yarn for many years for all those granny squares you been making... It is amazing that you never running out them LOL. You must be having a  secret "tiny factory" that making those tiny balls of yarn for you :).

Very nice squares :)

Krys

Good Morning.

Hope everyone is well.

I made a couple of things out of homespun including an afghan.  It is sooooooooooooooo soft, but as many have said, a nightmare to work with.

We are suppose to cool off here, but who knows.

Well, off to see what the world has to offer.  Have a fun day.

good morning,first time on lap top in a while, but can't sit here long

2 hours ago, pineknott said:

good morning,first time on lap top in a while, but can't sit here long

Baby steps. Happy to see you making progress. Take care

20 hours ago, USpolishgirl said:

OMG! You do crochet very fast! :). I would not be able to crochet that many squares just in one morning. I am still amazed with the amount of all those tiny balls of yarn you ALWAYS have....... LOL. If I remember correctly you been using all those tiny balls of yarn for many years for all those granny squares you been making... It is amazing that you never running out them LOL. You must be having a  secret "tiny factory" that making those tiny balls of yarn for you :).

Very nice squares :)

Krys

lol Krys you made me smile lol  its not ever the same bag lol, when i get them used up, and it takes a while i start another one lol  no factory, no magic no little yarnie balls coming in lol  its a way for me to know i did not waste anything i mean if it wont make a first round of a granny, (about 30-33 winds around my two fingers, or i cant use it to seam two squares together, is about the only time i give up and toss it lol other than that, small and bigger small balls, lol  partials make a couple of rows, ball bag for them lol 

yeah i was stuck on this pattern in the pic and wanted to use up aome remnants, and practice the pattern at the same time  this am, i made two 12 inchers, one in an off white and one all colors, because i have a few more 12 inchers from others that i needed a few more to make a ghan with lol  thwy are both lightly  sprayed with water and a towel over them to set them so they are nice and flat, ill do a pic when they are dry  i really like the multi colored one, the ends were horrendous, but i liked the way the colors meshed with each other so nicely, all from ball bag remnants, cept the off white, it was a nice size ball out of my working yarn basket lol  anyway lol thanks for the smiles, i am not as fast as some are, but i get on a roll, and go with it lol   💛💚💙💜

hi sandra, i havent found any in my stuff yet, but sometimes a couple neighbors will buy yarn at a garage sale or something and give it to me, so we will see  thanks for the compliment too, they were fun to do, addictive, lol  

Doing well here today. I had a blasted migraine for over 2 days but the Rx's do help and I'm finally free of it today. They sure can be scary sometimes.

I've had this yarn sitting under my studio counter-top since the week before CV-19 hit. I have no clue what pattern to use yet. The blueish one will be the border to match the new quilt set I bought. Some day it'll click- I hope.

Yarn.jpg

Love that yarn Reni.  Love the blue, but I am partial to that color.

Time to shut down for the night.  Have a good night every one.

Edited by Tampa Doll

Good evening, thank you Bgs for brightening my day with the card and letter

good morning,

up and down night,was nice when I had two nights where I slept straight through the night

skies are gray,some areas still have flooding, not in our development but up the street about half a mile.

take care, stay safe

Good (late) morning:

Pineknott: I hope tonight is a more restful sleep for you. Grab those naps when you can.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do today. My oldest DD comes by every day to check on me and do a little of the (heavy duty) housecleaning for me that I'm not allowed to do anymore.  I'm so blessed to have a loving and caring DD. Now I look for easy things for me to do to keep active. I know I'll be doing some crocheting off and on. One more mouse to make for my GS's kittens, then something more for the Treasure Box for the kiddies.

I gave my neighbor some #10 crochet thread and a pattern link for a Halloween doily. She is so excited to make it. She decorates her house for every holiday and season and her front yard always looks amazing. She already has pumpkins and a scarecrow on her front patio. So cute.

Hope everyone has a splendid day.

Edited by ReniC

On 9/18/2020 at 3:09 PM, ReniC said:

Doing well here today. I had a blasted migraine for over 2 days but the Rx's do help and I'm finally free of it today. They sure can be scary sometimes.

I've had this yarn sitting under my studio counter-top since the week before CV-19 hit. I have no clue what pattern to use yet. The blueish one will be the border to match the new quilt set I bought. Some day it'll click- I hope.

Yarn.jpg

oh sorry about the migraine, i have thank goodness only had them a couple times in my whole life, one time i knew i couldnt even drive so i called in a sick day, and you know, my inconsiderate boss, still wanted me to try, i made it to the driveway, turned around and went back in.. i was not going to risk my health for him lol he never asked me again to go against my own decisions  so that at least stopped that lol things seemed never the same after that lol  oh well, huh