katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

3 hours ago, USpolishgirl said:

How often to you get that Pneumonia shot??. I already asked two doctors and I still did not got straight answer to that question. 

Thanks

Krys

one a year for two years in a row, ask if your ins covers it, or else they say its not cheap  

• Thanks 1

The following  could really help ease shipping costs to charities.  I hope more charities get signed up.  

http://givebackbox.com/worksDetail

There are three that go to Pine Ridge Reservation. (Katy wish the place you ship the afghans was one).

https://sewforkids.wordpress.com/

$15 ships max weight of 70 pounds, combined girth of box not to exceed 108 inches, no large electronics, liquids, fragile, hazardous, or volatile items or ammunition.

I got these finished and ready to mail.

Edited by bgs

I haven't been around much, but life has been wearing me out and I pretty much crash after the girls go to bed. I haven't touched yarn in weeks!

Like Reni, we got the Senior Pneumonia shot.  We are due for another soon.  I thought they were good for 10, but 5 sounds right.  We also get the Senior Flu shot.

Alp1 it is amazing how you feel after a real haircut.  I always feel 10 lbs lighter.  Our salon only allows one person per hair dresser in the place.  You must wear a mask and they have hand sanitizer at the door for you to use before and after. I sit outside while DH gets his hair cut, then go in after he is done.  At least I can watch the little kids go into the Karate place.  It is really cute to see the real young ones in their white outfits.

We are now into our summer pattern of sun in the morning and rain at night.  Last night after the rain the temp dropped to 75.  Much cooler.

Have a fun day.

16 hours ago, bgs said:

The following  could really help ease shipping costs to charities.  I hope more charities get signed up.  

There are three that go to Pine Ridge Reservation. (Katy wish the place you ship the afghans was one).

$15 ships max weight of 70 pounds, combined girth of box not to exceed 108 inches, no large electronics, liquids, fragile, hazardous, or volatile items or ammunition.

NICE LITTLE STOCKINGS! :). DID YOU USED THAT "FURRY- Fuzzy Holiday yarn" I sent you for cuffs on those stockings? :).

Krys

3 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

it is amazing how you feel after a real haircut.  I always feel 10 lbs lighter.  

FUNNY! 10 POUNDS? LOL.

I do not wear my hair short so I would not know.. My little longer now but it dos not bother me. It makes a nice "pony tail" for at home look..:).

Thanks for info on vaccine.

Krys

Krys I  crocheted these socks last year before you sent me the fuzzy yarn. We got busy with moving and they were packed away.  I finally found them and got all the ends worked in so I could get them in the mail.  

• Like 1

Hi Gang- Crazy weather here today. It wound up being 108°F yesterday and today is 75°! Go figure. Huge winds too blowing in all the smoke from the California fires. Colorado is expecting a big snow from this cold front. Now that's amazing!. And that folks is your forecast for the western area of this grand country! 

No crochet last night as I felt a bit under again. Much better today- I think.

BGS- the mini socks look great! You're such a sweetie to make these.

howieann- Good to see your post. Life this year has been one heck of a experience. Hang in there and drop in when possible.

katieallen8090- Awe- You take good care too.

Mary Jo- Bet it's nice to have a lower humidity too.

I'm off to go dig out some yarn to go with some patterns. Then a bunch of phone calls for appointments. Enjoy the day. Once it's gone, it's gone. Blessings!

• Like 1

Good morning,rainy day ,,here, nurse coming later

Slept through the night with no hot spots on hips when I woke up,yay

6 hours ago, pineknott said:

Good morning,rainy day ,,here, nurse coming later

Slept through the night with no hot spots on hips when I woke up,yay

see, it just takes time, glad you seem to be improving!!

On 9/8/2020 at 2:24 PM, ReniC said:

Hi Gang- Crazy weather here today. It wound up being 108°F yesterday and today is 75°! Go figure. Huge winds too blowing in all the smoke from the California fires. Colorado is expecting a big snow from this cold front. Now that's amazing!. And that folks is your forecast for the western area of this grand country! 

howieann- Good to see your post. Life this year has been one heck of a experience. Hang in there and drop in when possible.

I'm off to go dig out some yarn to go with some patterns. Then a bunch of phone calls for appointments. Enjoy the day. Once it's gone, it's gone. Blessings!

ah so true  

On 9/8/2020 at 12:23 PM, bgs said:

Krys I  crocheted these socks last year before you sent me the fuzzy yarn. We got busy with moving and they were packed away.  I finally found them and got all the ends worked in so I could get them in the mail.  

lovely collection nice work!!

On 9/8/2020 at 2:24 PM, ReniC said:

ah so true so true lol  

Howieann so good to see you again!! hope all is well with you and yours and welcome back!! 💛💛💛💛

Had to make a second pair of doggie headband ears. Apparently the first doggie has a room mate. 

I think the owners like the ears more than the doggies.

On 9/7/2020 at 7:41 PM, bgs said:

Brenda HOW are you shipping those Mini Stockings to get as lowest prize possible for shipping them?.. I know thru the years you shipped a LOT of them... that is why I am asking you. I only shipped once a bunch of them and that shipping cost did not came out very good.  It came out close to 2 Bucks per one little stocking! LOL.

Do you use any of those "shipping Charity links" that you posted below ??.

Thanks,

Krys

DRONES DELIVERY by AMAZON..

DID ANYONE SEEN THAT ON TV? or INTERNET?.  Amazon is is trying their Drones for delivery.

I seen that on a TV yesterday. That looked kind a funny.. The guy is standing in front of his house on his front lawn and there comes a Drone with a bag hanging down. YES, he got that bag! LOL. 

There is NO WAY! that I would like to do that!!. Waiting for a DRONE on my front yard?? REALLY??? .

That reminds me about that War many years ago Kosovo vs Serbians. We were dropping food & other supply the same way in their Hills...That was at that time when Clinton was our President.

I do NOT want ANY DRONES! coming to my front yard!. I want my packages to be delivered  to my front door! under the roof of my Veranda!. So I can carry my packages/bags to my home when ever I will want to!. Without me standing in a middle of my yard and waiting for a stupid Drones!!!!!!!. OMG! :(.  

Krys

Finally we got some good news yesterday! :). It is been almost impossible lately to get any good news. Everything is just BAD!, BAD! and WORSE....

Yesterday I heard something that made me very happy!. About 1/3 of our army guys are coming back home from Iraq! :) :)  :). I think that is over 1000 our guys coming back home to their family & friends.. HOW GREAT THAT IS??? :). I am so happy for all of them. The only bad thing about that is: " this time they are coming to that Polical unrest & distruction in many City's, this whole country!.:(. It is moving and spreading like that Virus from State to State and on...!. 

We all just wondering now what City or Suburb will be next??. And that ALL depends where & when the next Police arrest of someone will be resisted??, specially with guns or a knifes or...? OR just plain NOT complying with Police request & the LAW!. If there is order for arrest, people just need to fallow that & comply. It is simple as that!. You can not just try to fide that out with Police that is the LAW! for everyone! White, Brown & Black people.. all those rules are the same for EVERYONE!. White people get killed by Police too!. O do, nothing in a Media is mention about that. If Police do something wrong they need to be punish by the courts-law!. NOT by stilling & destroying this Country!,  sading up building on fire. People's & their family's life's are destroyed, MANY years of very hard work just destroyed by "HULLIGANS"! All those "Home Grown Terrorists" & Gangs members should be put behind bars for MANY YEARS!

Probably LESS DRUGS & ALCOHOL used by most of those people would make them think & behave normal in those situation's... and for sure would SAVE MANY LIFE'S on both sides.

Coming back home for ALL our Army guys after all they been thru should be very different!. They did not put their lives on line for this country to see something horrible happening like that here :(. 

I think more of them will be coming home soon :). Not only from Iraq but from Afghanistan too :). And from many other country's from all over the world...even from Germany. They sure do not need us any longer ( 75 years??). On top of that they do prefer to do business with Russia (lets give it to Russia to make some money!) NOT with us- USA ( we were asked to protect them from Russia) LOL.

We will not be able to bring all of out guys back home. Because in this world in many places there are very bad actors just waiting for opportunity to do us bad!. That is why we need to keep "eye" on all of them and in case something bad would happen we need to be prepare to strike back at that time. We just need to keep an "eye" on a ball..!! to keep our country safe.

Krys

everyone, take a few minutes will you, to remember all those thatsurvived 911, and all those that did not.   thanks 

Good evening !

2020 hasnt been the greatest year for most people.For us it's been a constant let down and bad news. My adopted grandma just lost her son . He is believed to have had a heart ache in his sleep. Funeral was today. It's been devastating ! I just don't know..  On a good note Hubby did find a job. Not one he wants totally but it pays the bills an hopefully something comes open that he does want.

I have been searching for Charcoal gray in RedHeart Super saver. I need like 11 skeins. My Walmart and on line is sold out. If anyone has it in their stash or stores I am willing to pay for it. You can message me if you like. 

Hello Everyone!

I hope everyone is doing well. Things here are busy but good.

Good Morning.  Taking a few minutes to stop in and say Hi.

Howieann good to see you.

Pineknott glad to hear you are doing better.  Take it one day at a time.

Not much going on here.  Still need the tile guys to come back and finish up.  We had a nurse come Thursday and take our blood.  A1C is up.  Everything else looks good.

Now we are waiting for the Geek Squad to show up.  Our TV has now 2 white spots on the screen.  Looked like it was a reflection, but when I put my hand in front, it is still on the TV screen.

I am working on the graph ghan for my BIL.  I don't usually work with yarn this time of year, but I want to get it done real soon.

Have a fun day. 

15 hours ago, owlvamp said:

Good evening !

2020 hasnt been the greatest year for most people.For us it's been a constant let down and bad news. My adopted grandma just lost her son . He is believed to have had a heart ache in his sleep. Funeral was today. It's been devastating ! I just don't know..  On a good note Hubby did find a job. Not one he wants totally but it pays the bills an hopefully something comes open that he does want.

I have been searching for Charcoal gray in RedHeart Super saver. I need like 11 skeins. My Walmart and on line is sold out. If anyone has it in their stash or stores I am willing to pay for it. You can message me if you like. 

is that the super dark grey, almost black Sandra??i agree, 202 needs to be over lol  sorry for your loss  as well  💚💚💙

Edited by katyallen8090

4 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Good Morning.  Taking a few minutes to stop in and say Hi.

Howieann good to see you.

Pineknott glad to hear you are doing better.  Take it one day at a time.

Not much going on here.  Still need the tile guys to come back and finish up.  We had a nurse come Thursday and take our blood.  A1C is up.  Everything else looks good.

Now we are waiting for the Geek Squad to show up.  Our TV has now 2 white spots on the screen.  Looked like it was a reflection, but when I put my hand in front, it is still on the TV screen.

I am working on the graph ghan for my BIL.  I don't usually work with yarn this time of year, but I want to get it done real soon.

Have a fun day. 

wow tv going out probably huh, bummer   they just dont mark things to last, well cept for death, taxes and mother nature lol  

• Like 1