katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

13 hours ago, owlvamp said:

I finished up masks for he boys and crocheted some of those head band for them. I'm headed to bed in a few.

hey there hi there good to see your icon again!! hope things are going well same old same old here, just different day lol  

did this thread just die, i thought i heard  bagpipes yesterday, but today i have been hearing taps????

I know, it's sad but people have had to move on for various reasons me like a bad penny will keep showing up,lol

Still here.  Just been busy this weekend.  This whole week will be busy.  Got Tree people coming Friday and then on next Tuesday the tile people will be here.

Got a problem with ants flying around in the bathroom.  Had the exterminator here and he said they are looking for the queen.  He prayed the window on the inside and the outside.  He did not see a nest anywhere.  He said they could be coming from next door.  Well, they can just go and find the Queen outside.  She is not in the bathroom.  I cleaned the window and the tube and the counters in the bathroom, then sprayed again.  Got traps or bait today, hopefully it will work.  I will be glad when we get rid of the rug, to be sure they are not in there.

So that is why I have not been on.  I do keep a tab.

Lyn glad to see you back on.  Hope you are doing well.

Bet your sorry you asked where we were Katy.:rofl

I'm much more of a follower than a writer on this thread.  This has been a crazy week I left the house twice this week.  I can't remember the last time I did that.  Physical yesterday and MA primary today. 

I need to find a way to leave the house more often because I loved going out prior to COVID but no it just seems stressful.  Grant it neither places were all that exciting but still shouldn't be stressful.

Lynn hope you are feeling better. 

Thank you BAiley 4,  feeling better today, appt. Sajid everything wAs healing well,just takes time, forgive the weird special words,I'm on the tablet, cause I can't sit at the table with the lap top

Im still here but not much to share. I am working more, which is good , I honestly doubted I still had a job. The powers that be at the parish are all crying that there is no money.

On 8/31/2020 at 2:34 PM, Tampa Doll said:

I have gotten several phone calls saying they were from the Amazon Security dept.  One was I was being charged aobut $20 in Texas, another was $50 dollars from California, I just got another that I was being charged $1,000 for an apple IPhone.  I immediately called Amazon.  They had no such charges to my accoutnt and they told me they never call on the phone.  They also told me that there are e-mails going out that were not from Amazon.  If I got any e-mails or phone calls, I was to send them to the security dept on the web site.  I checked one phone number that came in and it was listed as the Car wash down the street.  You have to be very careful with these e-mails and phone calls you get.  We changed out pass word and have not gotten one since.  These people have a way of piggybacking on phones and e-mails.

Those problems what I experienced with Amazon last week are NOT the same at all.  I thought I explained everything above as best as I could. I guess I did not.

I was NOT asked for any money or anything at all by anyone (email or telephone)!. There was nothing to gain by any crooks doing that. Anyway those crooks do not have that kind of capability. Like to STOP the charges going to my credit card after I bought those items on Amazon and than ship those items to me. WHAT any crook would gain by doing that??. Nothing!.

Something got definitely "screw-up" with those computers at Amazon. There is no other explanation for all of that.

I do assume those charges to my credit card were made later that day. Because I do not think I got those items free LOL. I did not checked that part by calling again my credit card office. I was happy I got those items and about those charges I will see on my next statement how that worked out..

Krys

Good Morning.

Not much going on today.  Changing the table and tree over.  Did not have time yesterday.

Just went out and took a before picture of the trees this morning.  Wow is it hot and humid.

Well, the kids have been in school for a week and all seems to be going well.

My hockey team is sitting and waiting to see who they play to get into the finals for the Stanley Cup.  One more round of the best of 7, then on to the best of 7 for the cup.  Our Baseball team is doing well down here, so maybe it will be our year.

Have a fun day.

2 minutes ago, USpolishgirl said:

Those problems what I experienced with Amazon last week are NOT the same at all.  I thought I explained everything above as best as I could. I guess I did not.

I was NOT asked for any money or anything at all by anyone (email or telephone)!. There was nothing to gain by any crooks doing that. Anyway those crooks do not have that kind of capability. Like to STOP the charges going to my credit card after I bought those items on Amazon and than ship those items to me. WHAT any crook would gain by doing that??. Nothing!.

Something got definitely "screw-up" with those computers at Amazon. There is no other explanation for all of that.

I do assume those charges to my credit card were made later that day. Because I do not think I got those items free LOL. I did not checked that part by calling again my credit card office. I was happy I got those items and about those charges I will see on my next statement how that worked out..

Krys

Sorry Krys, I was not asked for money, I was told someone wanted to charge that money to my card.  I ws told by Amazon, do not respond to e-mails or phone calls, contact Customer Service directly.

1 minute ago, Tampa Doll said:

1 minute ago, Tampa Doll said:

Sorry Krys, I was not asked for money, I was told someone wanted to charge that money to my card.  I ws told by Amazon, do not respond to e-mails or phone calls, contact Customer Service directly.

In my case there was nothing about money, from me or by someone else. NO MONEY INVOLVED in that mess. No one was asking any one to pay anything.

Those kind of problems what you been having... We all experiencing that by those crooks, one way or another!. Telephone calls, Emails and on... I get at least 2 phone calls per day from those crooks & some email... By now everyone probably  knows not to reply to any of that.

Krys

Good Wednesday morning, slept good,but couldn't  drown out the voice at 6AM  saying it's pill time. So had to get up and start the day, better every day, Reni C,how thoughtful of you to send a card and lovely butterfly,thanks

Here it is how that went on Amazon.

A)- I placed 3 orders on Monday about the same time. B) - I got 3- Auto-confirm. from Amazon. C)- Few seconds later I got 3 - Payment Decline from Amazon. D)- About 30 minutes later I called My Credit Card office to find out: WHY those charges from Amazon were Declined??. I was told there were NO CHARGES placed to my credit account by Amazon! And NOTHING was Declined!!. After I find that out I did not done anything. And I DID NOT reorder those 3-items. E) Two days later (Wednesday) I received those 3 Items. F) - Same day -Wednesday I got 3-notifications from Amazon that those items were delivered to me.

On Thursday (same week) I placed 2 different orders at Amazon. And THE SAME THING HAPPENED! From "A" to "F" (as I explained above)!.  MINUS "D" this time I did not called my credit cart office asking WHY it was Declined?. Because I assumed it was the same thing happening over again... And it was the same!, I did received those 2 other items two days later.

I hope everyone can understand that now :)

Krys

16 hours ago, Bailey4 said:

I need to find a way to leave the house more often because I loved going out prior to COVID but no it just seems stressful.  Grant it neither places were all that exciting but still shouldn't be stressful.

My way of doing things is very different since that Virus started. I do not go out or want to go out unless I REALLY have to. What ever I need and that can be delivered it is delivered.  As we all know that Virus is very bad & deadly. It is air born, invisible and we can not tell WHO is infected. And there is no real/sure way for us to protect our self's. ALL those face masks what we are wearing they do not give us much protection .  N-95 Masks are no where to be found!. Besides that we can get infected thru our Eye Sockets.  BUT, no one is talking about that!. Many people do not even know that. Because of all of that... even the thought of going out at this time dos not make me happy at all. 

Yes, I can not wait to start my normal life. But not at that "Price" :(. I will wait for Vaccine or some other "Miracle"....

Maybe we all should start looking to buy a Private Island? LOL. Just kidding.

Krys

19 hours ago, Bailey4 said:

My hubby and I try to get out of the house every day--but all we do is drive around town.  I have COPD now, and am really cautious of going ANYwhere  that might be "dangerous"!  So those rides are really comforting.  We're "keeping tabs" on all the new business and construction going on all over town, and on the "re"-constructions being done on the damaged homes and businesses that were hit by a tornado that passed through our little town months ago!  My hubby does all the shopping for us now, so I'm grateful for that!  He knew what to do, because we've always gone everywhere together, at least for the last 52 years!!!  So I have no qualms about him getting the wrong "stuff".  (And I thank God for him every day!!!)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, pineknott said:

Good Wednesday morning, slept good,but couldn't  drown out the voice at 6AM  saying it's pill time. So had to get up and start the day, better every day, Reni C,how thoughtful of you to send a card and lovely butterfly,thanks

lyn, hello, so glad to see your post!!  are you still in the hosp?? im glad you are recovering from your  surgery it just takes time!! good to see you online take care please    katie!!

Good Thursday morning

Slept through till 5:30,up, pilled,waiting on my GO juice and toast, getting stronger is taking a lot of extra effort,but got to get back to where I was prior to surgery,man this stuff ain't for sissies,# determined

• Like 1

Glad to see you are getting stronger and getting the rest you need.  Hang in there.

Hey Lea, here is another for you.

https://helenzi.com/crazy-grandma-with-the-cutest-grandkids-shirt?pr=5USD&fbclid=IwAR10DFxY9YbkNbsnkAS57BDQ8pknZhErqOKrMcixi_cRpfeZtSdtZQ8tZfs&s=hanes-5250&c=Black&p=FRONT

• Like 1

I read everything new on this forum everyday but am never sure what to write myself.  I had surgery in April to remove a tumor from my thigh. Because of the size of the tumor and the radiation I had, my leg is still not healed inside.  I have been going into the clinic once a week to have the fluid drained from my thigh.  This week I saw a different PA and said to him , as I do to everyone who has drained it, I wish I could do this myself at home.  Well the dear man worked with me to figure a way for me to do the draining myself.  I did it last night and got out 160ccs.  I'm not cancelling my regular appointments until I have done this a few times and am pretty sure I can keep making it work.

Because of the cancer I am staying home except for medical appointments.  I current desire is to get my haircut.  I have made an appointment for next week for a haircut.  I'll see if am comfortable with doing that when the time gets closer.  

How do all of you feel about going out during this awful pandemic?  Stay safe and well everyone.

Patty

Edited by alp1
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, alp1 said:

I read everything new on this forum everyday but am never sure what to write myself.  I had surgery in April to remove a tumor from my thigh. Because of the size of the tumor and the radiation I had, my leg is still not healed inside.  I have been going into the clinic once a week to have the fluid drained from my thigh.  This week I saw a different PA and said to him , as I do to everyone who has drained it, I wish I could do this myself at home.  Well the dear man worked with me to figure a way for me to do the draining myself.  I did it last night and got out 160ccs.  I'm not cancelling my regular appointments until I have done this a few times and am pretty sure I can keep making it work.

Because of the cancer I am staying home except for medical appointments.  I current desire is to get my haircut.  I have made an appointment for next week for a haircut.  I'll see if am comfortable with doing that when the time gets closer.  

How do all of you feel about going out during this awful pandemic?  Stay safe and well everyone.

Patty

I read the thread, too, but don't usually post. Sure hope it works out for you doing the draining yourself. DH is on chemo so I understand only going out for Dr apts. Also the needing a haircut but being hesitant. I'm almost to the point of cutting it myself, knowing that would be a disaster. LOL

Sometimes you get lucky and get someone who understands.  I hope they got all the cancer.  It does take a while to heal.  Keep your chin up.

As for going out.  I go out to the Dr. and sometimes to the store.  Most of the time I order thru instacart.  They buy what I want from a list I make and deliver it.  

With the haircut, you won't believe how good you will feel after.  I know I did after the first one.  It was like a weight was lifted off my head and I swear I lost 10 lbs. :rofl  

Good luck with the draining by yourself.

Have a great day and keep smiling.

5 hours ago, alp1 said:

Patty

Oh, I'm glad you finally got someone to show you how to drain the fluid!!  It saves you going out each time to the doctors office!!  I have COPD now, so I avoid as much contact as possible with the general public!  My hubby and I get in the car every other day or so, and just drive around for a while, then go to McDonalds and grab a couple of sandwiches, and go to the park to eat them!  Big outing!! :lol But--as my Mom always used to say--"It blows the stink off!!"

5 hours ago, alp1 said:

Patty

Patty

Glad you got set up to do it yourself.  Its exhausting dealing with appointments and having to do things on everyone else's schedules instead of what really works best for you. 

I went for 3+ months not going any place but my sisters house and was pretty freaked out going back out in public places.  First place I went was dentist but I had already been mentally ranking places I felt would be safe.  For me my dentist was top of list on being safe as they were very vigilant on infection control before the pandemic and church was bottom of list.  Even though I believe our church has adequately addressed all my concerns we have not attended.  Also not attending dulcimer or bonsai but dulcimer has started jamming in the park near us and are comfortable with that.  As sis got better we started going to grocery store, made a trip to an orchard, running errands, even went to the zoo so I am beginning to feel more comfortable being out and wearing masks.   We wear our masks and use lots of hand sanitizer.   Last week I rode to Branson with sis and niece.  Its a 3 1/2 hour drive one way and rather than spend the night at a hotel we went down and back in one day.  We do not eat in restaurants but do curbside, drive thru or carryout.  We  keep our distance from others and allow even more distance if their nose is hanging out of their mask or not wearing one.  We dont stay inside of stores as long as we used to and only go in places where we are very likely to make a purchase.  It is sort of scarey here as numbers are increasing by 1000+ daily and hospitals in area just announced they are at the tipping point.  Since March count here at Village is 27 employees, 6 residents, 0 deaths.  Sis knows a family where 4 generations of women got it --- mom that had  just given birth, grandma, great grandma, and great great grandma.  3 were hospitalized, one was on ventilator, doing better and released to rehab.  Going to take a long time to recover if she recovers.  Great great grandma died. 

One thing sis does now is calling places and asking them about their protocols----masks, distancing, disinfecting, etc and then deciding whether to go or not.

Our state had the two hair stylists that worked while having the virus and none of the 80 clients they worked on caught it.  The stylists and clients wore masks and they cleaned area between clients. 

Been to the hair dresser twice since they reopened and the protocols are pretty good for keeping it clean and they only have one person in at a time.  Not sure how long they can stay in business this way but at least they are seeing some clients.  I suspect that gives them some hope of holding on to their business.