katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

On 8/24/2020 at 8:24 AM, Tampa Doll said:

Watching the weather really close.  Marco should hit first in Lousianna and then Laura will be next wither Lousianna or Texas.  We are out of the cones for both, but we may get some wind and rain.  Please everyone be careful and keep an eye out.

That Marco was a lot nicer than Laura. She is turning out to be a very NASTY B....!!

Take care of your self's!. Our prayers are with you! 

Krys

11 hours ago, minwifeof4boys said:

Well, I had to put have my moms dog put down , I was so overly emotional, cried.... you know ... Mom has been gone for over two years, and mentally gone for 5 and it just breaks my heart.

Over the past 3 days I have tried 3 different crochet patterns, one of them 3 times, and I just can't get the counts right or figure out the pattern...

When I put down my previous dog, my beautiful Gigi - American Eskimo. My friends had to go with my to that Vet. After that I did not came home for 2 weeks. I just could not do it!, I stayed with my friends sleeping on their sofa.

Here is a picture of my beautiful Gigi. That was her last summer & last picture :(.

Krys

Gigi.jpg

Oh Lea that is tough.  It is so hard, but sometimes it is for the best.  We have our Dalmatian on the mantel and it is still hard to talk about him. 

They are now saying CAT4 for Laura.  They are going door to door to tell people to GET OUT. Where it will hit, there is a big oil refinery.  That has already been evacuated.  PLEASE be careful.

A quick fly by. 

It's been a true struggle here . Two family emergency , both doing okay. My nerves are gone. I believe I just blow in from one day to the next. I am exhausted every single day. I hope and pray you all are doing well. I read back a few post. Sorry to hear bout the fur babies. It gets me every time. I'm not over mine and not sure how to live to be honest. So I am just hear....  Stay safe out there

On 8/23/2020 at 3:44 PM, bgs said:

Katy the toothpicks do seem to help slow down the critters from digging in the pots. Its the best we have come up with so far.  Sis is much better but is definitely not back to where she was in Feb.  People like her pastor keep asking if she is ready to .......... and she says no she just physically cant do like she did before.   It takes all she has to get thru the day doing what she needs to do for herself.  She hops on the mower and mows her yard and her daughters yard and works in daughters garden.  She says its what she needs to do to get stronger but she gets very tired.  She has been anemic for last 4 months.  Her hemoglobin had dropped to 7.1. (she normally runs 14).  They were on the verge of giving her blood but did not.   Her last hemoglobin was almost up to low normal number.  Before this happened she worked a full time job, was constantly doing things at/ for church, volunteered at zoo and Kaufman Center,  did all kinds of yard work and gardening, and just did a lot for others.  She was basically the Energizer Bunny.

recovery is slow, patience is a given in these things  I had to learn to walk all over as my muscles had atrophied and that was not only painful,  but took time too, but determination plays a big part too  she will be ok, just keep on keeping on you know   

8 hours ago, USpolishgirl said:

That Marco was a lot nicer than Laura. She is turning out to be a very NASTY B....!!

Take care of your self's!. Our prayers are with you! 

Krys

and ours with you Krys stay safe everyone  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, owlvamp said:

A quick fly by. 

It's been a true struggle here . Two family emergency , both doing okay. My nerves are gone. I believe I just blow in from one day to the next. I am exhausted every single day. I hope and pray you all are doing well. I read back a few post. Sorry to hear bout the fur babies. It gets me every time. I'm not over mine and not sure how to live to be honest. So I am just hear....  Stay safe out there

hey ya sandra, so good to hear from you, i was just thinking about you  and there you be  lol  

ok what were the two emergencies, and more over how are things now??  I wish for you to return to you old self soon and come back and visit more often with us ok   them be orders lol  take care for now see ya soon i hope   🧡💛💚💙

3 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Oh Lea that is tough.  It is so hard, but sometimes it is for the best.  We have our Dalmatian on the mantel and it is still hard to talk about him. 

They are now saying CAT4 for Laura.  They are going door to door to tell people to GET OUT. Where it will hit, there is a big oil refinery.  That has already been evacuated.  PLEASE be careful.

wow mj, i hope you will be ok it is a huge storm for sure   please leave if they tell you too  take care 

7 hours ago, USpolishgirl said:

When I put down my previous dog, my beautiful Gigi - American Eskimo. My friends had to go with my to that Vet. After that I did not came home for 2 weeks. I just could not do it!, I stayed with my friends sleeping on their sofa.

Here is a picture of my beautiful Gigi. That was her last summer & last picture :(.

Krys

Gigi.jpg

she is just gorgeous krys  im sorry for your loss   

• Thanks 1

This storm is no where's near us.  There is a High east of it that is pushing it away from Florida.  Thank you very much, but I will be watching and hoping none of our friends are near where it will hit.

22 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

This storm is no where's near us.  There is a High east of it that is pushing it away from Florida.  Thank you very much, but I will be watching and hoping none of our friends are near where it will hit.

oh good glad to hear it  mj  thanks   glad you are all ok there    

well everyone how are we all today, im hoping to hear all good things  we are ok here, just going from day to day and i realized there is not just two things you can fight and never win, there are really 3    death, taxes, and the third, mother nature    hope everyone affected  in the ,latest weather event came away whole and unharmed    forest fires, hurricanes, tornados, earthquakes, flooding, and the worst of all covid19   and  all of it, goes back to mother nature you know   someone sure got her panties in a twist here lately or someone really ticked her off huh !!        

• Haha 1

Im in orlando with dh for his conference. I can see Disney from my window but cant get there. No park reservations to be had and no hotel shuttle to Disney springs until 5:00pm. 

Ive been staying in the room (watching you tube videos ) and dh and I go out for dinner after his lectures are done. Tonight my boys are comong for dinner at the hotel. So happy as I have not seen our older son since January.

1 hour ago, ratdog said:

Im in orlando with dh for his conference. I can see Disney from my window but cant get there. No park reservations to be had and no hotel shuttle to Disney springs until 5:00pm. 

Ive been staying in the room (watching you tube videos ) and dh and I go out for dinner after his lectures are done. Tonight my boys are comong for dinner at the hotel. So happy as I have not seen our older son since January.

wow good for you   have fubn syay safe 

I am back home, gonna be along recovery,but I made it

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, pineknott said:

Glad you are home!  I am learning thru my sis how much time and work recoveries are.  Lots of things in play from nutrition, balancing meds, exercise, etc.    Wishing you a speed bump free recovery.

God morning

Bgs, especially the leg muscles atrophy, plus the c diff infection from antibiotics,so I was confined to my room for walking, it takes a great deal out of you, for sure

4 hours ago, pineknott said:

God morning

Bgs, especially the leg muscles atrophy, plus the c diff infection from antibiotics,so I was confined to my room for walking, it takes a great deal out of you, for sure

Glad you are home so you can be on your schedule rather than hospital's.  That makes a huge difference.

20 hours ago, pineknott said:

I'm glad you're home and ready to start the recovery process. Think positive thoughts and know you are in my daily prayers.

So glad you are home safe and sound Lyn,

so, this is baby week for the new Princess,  I thought I would have the 3 boys by myself....

..what is worse then having the little boys by yourself?

Having 3 little boys with your ex husbands wife 24/7 to help you.......can't make this stuff up... chalk it up to weird and wild 2020

• Haha 1

Oh dear,doesn't  sound like fun. Slept soundly till three,potty break and back in bed, was determined not to stay up at 3, had PT already, feeling pretty good

52 minutes ago, pineknott said:

Oh dear,doesn't  sound like fun. Slept soundly till three,potty break and back in bed, was determined not to stay up at 3, had PT already, feeling pretty good

Good to hear that you are doing good after that surgery :)

Krys

"New Way" of doing business with Amazon..? LOL.

Last Monday I placed 3 small orders at Amazon. Right after I placed those orders I received  3 -order conformations order. And right after (almost at the same time) I received 3- PAYMENT DECLINED, one for each of my orders.  Explanation for all those payment declines was: "that something was wrong with my credit card".  I got little nervous not knowing WHAT is happening with my credit account...?? :(. Few minutes later I called my credit card office and asked WHY those payments were Declined?. I was told that  nothing was Declined, there were NO charges to my account from Amazon that day. I was advice to  place those orders again at Amazon because that did not came thru.

After that call I thought I better wait one or two days before I place thous orders again. Because maybe by that time whatever is wrong with Amazon computers might "fix itself". Two days later all those (3) items were delivered to me and yes, all 3 Delivery Notifications showed up on my computer. I thought that was WEIRD, but as long as everything worked out I was fine with that. GOOD for me I did not reorder those items right after I talked to my credit card office. I probably would got got double order of each! 

On Thursday (same week) I placed two more orders at Amazon. Same thing happened!. Again I got 2 Payment Declined notifications!. This time I just left that, I did not called anyone. Today - Monday I received one item from that order on Thursday. I just checked "my orders" on Amazon, it says the other item will be delivered tomorrow.

I am just wondering if that is happening to me only? or is that happening to any of you?. 

Krys

2 hours ago, USpolishgirl said:

"New Way" of doing business with Amazon..? LOL.

Last Monday I placed 3 small orders at Amazon. Right after I placed those orders I received  3 -order conformations order. And right after (almost at the same time) I received 3- PAYMENT DECLINED, one for each of my orders.  Explanation for all those payment declines was: "that something was wrong with my credit card".  I got little nervous not knowing WHAT is happening with my credit account...?? :(. Few minutes later I called my credit card office and asked WHY those payments were Declined?. I was told that  nothing was Declined, there were NO charges to my account from Amazon that day. I was advice to  place those orders again at Amazon because that did not came thru.

After that call I thought I better wait one or two days before I place thous orders again. Because maybe by that time whatever is wrong with Amazon computers might "fix itself". Two days later all those (3) items were delivered to me and yes, all 3 Delivery Notifications showed up on my computer. I thought that was WEIRD, but as long as everything worked out I was fine with that. GOOD for me I did not reorder those items right after I talked to my credit card office. I probably would got got double order of each! 

On Thursday (same week) I placed two more orders at Amazon. Same thing happened!. Again I got 2 Payment Declined notifications!. This time I just left that, I did not called anyone. Today - Monday I received one item from that order on Thursday. I just checked "my orders" on Amazon, it says the other item will be delivered tomorrow.

I am just wondering if that is happening to me only? or is that happening to any of you?. 

Krys

I have gotten several phone calls saying they were from the Amazon Security dept.  One was I was being charged aobut $20 in Texas, another was $50 dollars from California, I just got another that I was being charged $1,000 for an apple IPhone.  I immediately called Amazon.  They had no such charges to my accoutnt and they told me they never call on the phone.  They also told me that there are e-mails going out that were not from Amazon.  If I got any e-mails or phone calls, I was to send them to the security dept on the web site.  I checked one phone number that came in and it was listed as the Car wash down the street.  You have to be very careful with these e-mails and phone calls you get.  We changed out pass word and have not gotten one since.  These people have a way of piggybacking on phones and e-mails.

I finished up masks for he boys and crocheted some of those head band for them. I'm headed to bed in a few.