katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

4 hours ago, bgs said:

I have been working on our trees a lot as they were neglected last year.  These are starting to look ok.  Having some problems with chipmunks and squirrels here digging in pots.  Thats why there are all those toothpicks in some of the pots

Those trees are looking very good! :)

Tooth picks Ha??, great idea!.  I would never thought of that.

I do love chipmunks they are so cute  LOL 

Krys

7 hours ago, katyallen8090 said:

poor krys, you just had such a time with that darn velvet stuff lol  im sorry it didn't work out for you    but on the good side, you made us all laugh hen you spoke of the red fuzzies lol  🧡🧡💛💚💙

Not "poor" LOL. For most part I am very angry at that woman who design that Monkey using that yarn. Because she must knew very well, that will NOT work for little kids!. I guess people do a lot of things what they should not just to make more money!. I do have few words I could say to her and I do not think she would like to hear what I would say to her!. 

I am angry at my self to for all that time lost "hunting" the whole Internet...  to get the right colors of that yarn.  At first it was hard to find that Chocolate brown color. Than I finally found that.  BUT, by that time they were all sold out everywhere of that red "Strawberry". After looking everywhere over & over again... I just knew I had to find that yarn and that was it!.  Someone "out there" got to have that & wanted to sell that!.  No matter where...even on Ebay or any other place.  By that time I was willing to pay twice even three times as much. So I used Google looking for that.  I did considered my self very "Lucky" when I finally got 1 ball of that Strawberry color. It was ONLY 1 ball left at Walmart on Line, I got the last one! LOL. I never bought yarn from Walmart before, I did not knew Walmart is selling yarn.  

ALL that time lost for nothing!!.

Krys

Finished these for nieces birthday.

Good Morning.  Very cool things you made for your niece.

You all have probably seen this, but thought you could use a laugh.

Joke.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Still in hospital.  Might be out wednesday.  No pain but not feeling the greatest.  typed by Rene (daughter)

15 minutes ago, pineknott said:

Still in hospital.  Might be out wednesday.  No pain but not feeling the greatest.  typed by Rene (daughter)

You have been in my thoughts and prayers.  Rene thank you for the update.

Thoughts and prayers coming your way and Yes, Rene, thanks for the update.

On 8/21/2020 at 4:13 PM, bgs said:

Mary Jo love that horder t-shirt.  I tell dh some women buy shoes/purses I buy yarn.  

Krys glad to hear your first hand evaluation of that yarn.  I definitely do not want to buy/work with it.

Katy I am so proud of your afghans for PRR and how you energized the Ravelry group.  Its such a great way to honor Pam.

Hoping all is going well with Lyn.  I sent an email to Rene but havent heard anything.

I have been working on our trees a lot as they were neglected last year.  These are starting to look ok.  Having some problems with chipmunks and squirrels here digging in pots.  Thats why there are all those toothpicks in some of the pots

20200821_104824.thumb.jpg.7ca9085490a17b7f59b93fda85dedb87.jpg

20200821_103721.thumb.jpg.5fef0e0e6a93d936904619213d58cd10.jpg

20200821_104619.thumb.jpg.67e54759653e2e789f75ec3190dad1a6.jpg

20200821_114026.thumb.jpg.0212d7f884b0531dbcad804dc9eb2c3b.jpg

20200821_111706.thumb.jpg.8dd99695c4681f230ca24309810e23da.jpg

oh how nice of you to  say  bgs, i just kick started it a bit lol those trees are totally amazing i love them!! do the tooth picks work, are squirrels hiding nuts too in them lol we have few squirrels here anymore as the dang foxes, and believe it or not,  eagles from the lake, and hawks too, have thinned them down along with the wild turkeys too and rabbits .  oh and coyotees  re becoming an everyday or evening sight too  the deer might be next!!!   how is sis doing, back to herself again i hope  i wish you all well  we have missed you, glad you stopped in💛💚💙💜🤎💙💛    katie 

sorted squares today sigh getting it all ready for another one  i cant stop now lol  i have this size down to a science lol probably wont start it for a bit , but wanted to get it ready when i do for more ease and organization lol  gotta be on top of this thing you know    lol  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Good Morning.  Very cool things you made for your niece.

You all have probably seen this, but thought you could use a laugh.

Joke.jpg

Thanks for sharing this!!!!  I'm going to hang it on my wall!!!!

• Like 1

Katy the toothpicks do seem to help slow down the critters from digging in the pots. Its the best we have come up with so far.  Sis is much better but is definitely not back to where she was in Feb.  People like her pastor keep asking if she is ready to .......... and she says no she just physically cant do like she did before.   It takes all she has to get thru the day doing what she needs to do for herself.  She hops on the mower and mows her yard and her daughters yard and works in daughters garden.  She says its what she needs to do to get stronger but she gets very tired.  She has been anemic for last 4 months.  Her hemoglobin had dropped to 7.1. (she normally runs 14).  They were on the verge of giving her blood but did not.   Her last hemoglobin was almost up to low normal number.  Before this happened she worked a full time job, was constantly doing things at/ for church, volunteered at zoo and Kaufman Center,  did all kinds of yard work and gardening, and just did a lot for others.  She was basically the Energizer Bunny.

2 hours ago, katyallen8090 said:

sorted squares today sigh getting it all ready for another one  i cant stop now lol  i have this size down to a science lol probably wont start it for a bit , but wanted to get it ready when i do for more ease and organization lol  gotta be on top of this thing you know    lol  

Since you always loved those Granny squares you must be in "Seven Heaven" now! LOL.. All those squares coming to your house...and you get to see & work with all of them...:).
Now you need to use your time wisely. If not,  you might not be able to catch up with all those Granny squares...LOL

Looks that you got yourself a full time job! :). 

Krys

Brenda, I do love the trees, Patience is not a strong point of mine.... they would never happen around here...... Its why I flunked out of Tai Chi..... too slow...🤣🤣

Need to  head down this week to learn how to do vitual learning with a 5 year old, seems I can do a much better job without the teacher doing Google classroom.... but what do I know, I am just the Mimi, Princess Amelia will be here next week.... where does this time fly to?

working on the ballerina stacker from the book MJ sent....I am fine until I hit glass of wine number 2......then I have to put it up on the counts are off.... obviously I have a low tolerance.... just call me 2 beer Sally

Louisiana, Texas and California folks be safe

46 minutes ago, minwifeof4boys said:

working on the ballerina stacker from the book MJ sent....I am fine until I hit glass of wine number 2......then I have to put it up on the counts are off.... obviously I have a low tolerance.... just call me 2 beer Sally

Louisiana, Texas and California folks be safe

You should try the third glass that might get you back on the right track! LOL

Krys

• Like 1

This is Rene taking dictation from my mom:  Good morning day seven, hanging tough

• Like 1

Rene tell Lyn Hi from Florida.  Keep hanging tough.

Good Morning everyone.

What a weekend this turned out to be.  New higher toilet in the Master Bath, now trying to figure out what kind of tile we want.

Watching the weather really close.  Marco should hit first in Lousianna and then Laura will be next wither Lousianna or Texas.  We are out of the cones for both, but we may get some wind and rain.  Please everyone be careful and keep an eye out.

Also, be careful in California with the fires.  Newsome has a big presense of Military, Navy, Marienes, Air Force, Coast Guard and probably Army.  Why not get them called out to help?  If my state was going up in flames I would.  Not Political.  All that beautiful country being burned.

Lea, glad to see you are making the stackables.  I am sure the kids are going to love them.  Ah, one glass of wine is my limit.  More than that and I am slurring my words. :rofl

Well, off to see what the world has to offer.

• Haha 1

On 8/20/2020 at 11:28 PM, USpolishgirl said:

I forgot to add. At least I was smart to just try that yarn crocheting a small swath before starting making those Monkey's. Crocheting that swatch everything was fine. UNTIL I tried to frog that. I just wanted to see how that yarn will behave when it comes to ripping?. That was when I find out everything about that yarn :(.

O do, that air drying thing it was a Big Red Flag to me from that time I got that yarn & read those instructions on label. IF i would knew that and only because of that I would never bought that Velvet yarn for kids toys.

If anyone would like to use that Velvet yarn. Here is a free advice :). You probably should not be pulling that yarn from inside the ball, I think that could damage that yarn too. Pull that yarn from the outer side.

Krys

Good advice Krys, thank you. Maybe a few throw pillows would work with the velvet yarn.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2020 at 8:42 AM, pineknott said:

Good thoughts and many prayers still going out for you from here. :hug

On 8/23/2020 at 8:42 AM, pineknott said:

Good thoughts and many prayers still going out for you from here. :hug

Posted (edited)

Local Mountain Fire Update:

Thanks to the over 300 firefighters, the fire in our local mountain range is 52% contained. I can't imagine what the firefighters go through fighting this kind of fire, let alone in over 100-112°F weather. God Bless them all!

Fire.jpg

Edited by ReniC
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, ReniC said:

Local Mountain Fire Update:

Thanks to the over 300 firefighters, the fire in our local mountain range is 52% contained. I can't imagine what the firefighters go through fighting this kind of fire, let alone in over 100-112°F weather. God Bless them all!

Fire.jpg

Oh WOW😱 that is scary.  To bad we can't send you some rain.  Be careful.

Thanks for the chuckle.  That is so true.

Well, I had to put have my moms dog put down , I was so overly emotional, cried.... you know ... Mom has been gone for over two years, and mentally gone for 5 and it just breaks my heart.

Over the past 3 days I have tried 3 different crochet patterns, one of them 3 times, and I just can't get the counts right or figure out the pattern...

I think I am going to do something simple and for me like a poncho or something mindless..... my brain needs mindless

Lyn, praying for you... and all you CA folks and TX/LA folks too.... this year certainly has kept us on our toes

Good Morning Everyone. Sorry I haven'teen on here. I been so busy crocheting blankets. I haven't had time to get on here. I Miss chatting with you all. Hope I can chat with you all again. I gotta catch up on all the stuff that's going on. But I have missed being on here. Hope it's ok I come back on here. Well everyone stay safe. Don't forget to wear your mask when you go out. Take care. Snowbear (Arlene)