Jump to content
katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, katyallen8090 said:

 I named them George and Gracie

Say Hello to George and Gracie from me! :)

Krys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

 I have one more thing to say about the schools.  Hillsboro opened the schools yesterday.  The news was at one of the grade schools.  They talked to a father who was dropping his 5 year old off for kindergarten.  They asked him how he felt about it.  He said " Believe me she needs this". :rofl  The look on his face was hystirical.  Anyway, they had a yellow brick road painted on the sidewalk.  Everyone was met by either Dorothy, The lion, the Scarecrow and the Tinman.  Everything Wizard of oz.  Inside the water fountains were blocked off.  They had sanitary stations all around.  The desk were far enough apart and along the walls were hooks 6 ft. intervals for backpacks.  Oh and everyone must wear a mask.  Looks like they got it going.

That sounds GREAT!!! :)

Krys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is Beast modeling the doggie headband.

IMG_20200812_135411_01.jpg

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

such a cute picture

covid test came back negative...yeah

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ratdog said:

Here is Beast modeling the doggie headband.

IMG_20200812_135411_01.jpg

Thanks for the giggle.  That is so cool.

Great news on the test Pineknott.

Off to my corner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, pineknott said:

such a cute picture. covid test came back negative...yeah

Glad you had a negative result. Wasn't that a stinker of a test? Had to have it done in June in order to be admitted to the hospital. I thought they were trying to grab part of my brains! 😂

ratdog: The headband turned out cute!

Edited by ReniC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good morning! We got teased with a few clouds yesterday, but alas, not one drop of very much needed rain. No monsoon this summer. I think it has rained here 2 times since Spring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ratdog... love the ears and as far as your son... you know, as long as we all have known each other, we all feel proud!

Lyn, felt like someone raping your nose ...I felt violated LOL, glad the test came back negative

MJ, got the pattern today, think the new princess needs the frog! rounding up colors for it...thank you so much!

As far school is concerned, as an ex homeschooling mom of 19 years, kids can excel in all types of situations..BUT you have to keep their minds busy, let them be kids and have fun, set boundaries..with the lack of interaction between one of my sons and his wife, there is NO WAY the kids would be better off homeschooling.. however a couple of my sons and their wives are very hands on and would make great homeschooling parents...

Anyone else having bad anxiety or is that just me? My reflux is rampant, and since Monday I have probably diagnoised myself ( thank you Mayo clinic website) with everything from a brain tumor to an ingrown toenail.....

Just finished a Divine hat for one of my DILs l love the pattern and started another one for another DIL..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lea so glad you got the pattern book.  I was worried.

I finally got my medicine today after 4 days on the East Coast.

Some people have the patience for home schooling and some don't .

I had to laugh over the brain tumor or ingrown toe nail.

Well, here is the new mailbox. Now the trees.

 

Mailbox 1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, minwifeof4boys said:

ratdog... love the ears and as far as your son... you know, as long as we all have known each other, we all feel proud!

Lyn, felt like someone raping your nose ...I felt violated LOL, glad the test came back negative

MJ, got the pattern today, think the new princess needs the frog! rounding up colors for it...thank you so much!

As far school is concerned, as an ex homeschooling mom of 19 years, kids can excel in all types of situations..BUT you have to keep their minds busy, let them be kids and have fun, set boundaries..with the lack of interaction between one of my sons and his wife, there is NO WAY the kids would be better off homeschooling.. however a couple of my sons and their wives are very hands on and would make great homeschooling parents...

Anyone else having bad anxiety or is that just me? My reflux is rampant, and since Monday I have probably diagnoised myself ( thank you Mayo clinic website) with everything from a brain tumor to an ingrown toenail.....

Just finished a Divine hat for one of my DILs l love the pattern and started another one for another DIL..

I just seen on TV a very bad News. Because of that C-virus and kids staying home about 30% of them at least one time ( since that "lock down" in March this year)  thought about committing suicide. That is really very bad & scary! :(. I could not believed my ears, I never thought it is that bad. That group of kids those were not very young kids. It was that group of teenager up to 24 years old.

Krys

Edited by USpolishgirl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

White mail box it is a perfect color to decorate for Christmas. Black mail boxes do not work very well..

I used to have a store bought black small mail box when we bought this house. I did not like that old mail box at all.  I hired a guy who works with iron to make for me big & free standing mail box I got a matching iron bench to go with that on my "Veranda". I do not even know id the name "Veranda" is right for that. It is a very big space under roof in front of my front door with brick pillars holding that up. It is as big as my 2,5 car garage. All I know that can not be called a Porch. Because it is not a Porch for sure! LOL. On bought sides of that sidewalk going to my front door I got many ornamental rocks & some plants. In summer I plant some flowers there (only those what can grow in shade).

I really do love that Veranda in front of my house. Any amount of deliver packages will fit with no problem of ever getting wet LOL. Many times me & kids we just love to sit out there under that roof when is raining :).

Last Monday we had a very bad stormy  weather here (the whole IL State went thru rough time). Many houses got destroyed or seriously damaged. Many huge trees got knock down, pulled out with roots. And about 100.000 people lost power. Even yesterday (Friday) most of them are still without power. Electric company was saying that those damages are so big in many places that they need to rebuild, there is nothing left to fix. That is why is taking them so long. Winds were reaching 100 miles per hour.

It was a very scary time. All sirens  went on. I grabbed my purse, flash light, my phone, bottle of water and I run downstairs to my basement PRAYING...! :(.

I was very Lucky! & few houses close to me. My house is fine & do have power. It is a Miracle, Thank You God!! :).

Krys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good Morning.

Krys so glad you are ok.  Storms can be scary.

Well it is hot and humid and we are suppose to get showers this morning, we shall see.  Got up and the front windows were steamed up.  My AC is set at 78.

Well, off to make breakfast and then to my corner.

Have a fun day.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

good morning

some one take this rain , please

hey I wasn't crazy about the one swab being used in both nostrils

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good afternoon,

Been cross stitching non stop for 3 days. Making progress. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2020 at 2:58 PM, pineknott said:

Mary Jo 

I'd gladly send you some if not all of the rain we've been having

testing went well,it just made your eyes well up with tears but at least I didn't gag like they showed some people doing

wow im glad it went well you know  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, pineknott said:

good morning

some one take this rain , please

hey I wasn't crazy about the one swab being used in both nostrils

Pineknott: I'll take the rain! We are so behind on the monsoons in my corner of the world even the snakes are looking for water! 🥵 110°F today! This is crazy.

Mary Jo: Love the maibox. It's a very nice one.

ratdog: Looking forward to seeing the cross stitch!

Krys: I'm glad you got through that storm okay. They can be so frightening sometimes.

I'm staying in all day to be safe. I don't tolerate heat well as it is. I see some crochet stitches in my near future. Enjoy the rest of the day my friends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, ReniC said:

Krys: I'm glad you got through that storm okay. They can be so frightening sometimes.

I'm staying in all day to be safe. I don't tolerate heat well as it is. I see some crochet stitches in my near future. Enjoy the rest of the day m

Yes Reni it was very scary... But, on the end everything tuned out to be fine.  Even all my trees are very Lucky, they are still standing up! :).

I might have to crochet another baby blanket. I made 2 baby blankets in March for my friend grandchild.  No one knew the gender of that baby to be born at that time.  I had to use unisex colors. One of those blankets was made with Bernat Baby Blanket yarn. It was in white,yellow & light green colors. That came out really nice, I used Marshmallow stitch. 

Baby girl was born in April. And WHAT DO YOU KNOW??.  Now the mother of that baby is saying she would prefer with PINK stripes!.  WHAT???.  I told her: I will make for her another one. BUT, if people do not know the gender of your baby, that is what you should  been expecting to get! LOL.  UNISEX colors!.

Have a Great Sunday :)

Krys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 8/16/2020 at 5:05 AM, USpolishgirl said:

Yes Reni it was very scary. But, on the end everything tuned out to be fine.  Even all my trees are very Lucky, they are still standing up! 

I might have to crochet another baby blanket. I made 2 baby blankets in March for my friend grandchild.  No one knew the gender of that baby to be born at that time.  I had to use unisex colors. One of those blankets was made with Bernat Baby Blanket yarn. It was in white, yellow & light green colors. That came out really nice, I used Marshmallow stitch. 

Baby girl was born in April. And WHAT DO YOU KNOW??.  Now the mother of that baby is saying she would prefer with PINK stripes!.  WHAT???.  I told her: I will make for her another one. BUT, if people do not know the gender of your baby, that is what you should  been expecting to get! LOL.  UNISEX colors!.

Have a Great Sunday :)

Krys

People do think we can whip these larger pieces at no cost and boom, boom, done! LOL

Last week, my GD was putting a gift together to mail to her new baby God-daughter.

Her, "Nonna, can you make me a blanket for my new God-daughter?".

Me, "When do you need it?"

Her, "In a day or two."        🤣 🤣

Edited by ReniC
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, USpolishgirl said:

Yes Reni it was very scary... But, on the end everything tuned out to be fine.  Even all my trees are very Lucky, they are still standing up! :).

I might have to crochet another baby blanket. I made 2 baby blankets in March for my friend grandchild.  No one knew the gender of that baby to be born at that time.  I had to use unisex colors. One of those blankets was made with Bernat Baby Blanket yarn. It was in white,yellow & light green colors. That came out really nice, I used Marshmallow stitch. 

Baby girl was born in April. And WHAT DO YOU KNOW??.  Now the mother of that baby is saying she would prefer with PINK stripes!.  WHAT???.  I told her: I will make for her another one. BUT, if people do not know the gender of your baby, that is what you should  been expecting to get! LOL.  UNISEX colors!.

Have a Great Sunday :)

Krys

a gift should be appreciated tany way it is given  i would not make another i dont think lol  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ReniC said:

People do think we can whip these larger pieces at at no cost and boom, boom, done! LOL

Last week, my GD was putting a gift together to mail to her new baby God-daughter.

Her, "Nonna, can you make me a blanket for my new God-daughter?".

Me, "When do you need it?"

Her, "In a day or two."        🤣 🤣

lol  tooo much!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ReniC said:

People do think we can whip these larger pieces at at no cost and boom, boom, done! LOL

Last week, my GD was putting a gift together to mail to her new baby God-daughter.

Her, "Nonna, can you make me a blanket for my new God-daughter?".

Me, "When do you need it?"

Her, "In a day or two."        🤣 🤣

i dont think id make another, a gift should be appreciated as it is given  my opinion lol  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, katyallen8090 said:

a gift should be appreciated tany way it is given  i would not make another i dont think lol  

Here, here! I so agree with this. The new generation belongs to the "Gimme Gang". I used to tell my kids that when they were kids. Now they tell their kids that.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...