katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

4 hours ago, minwifeof4boys said:

thought I would show you the picture of my DIL and the giraffe I crocheted for the upcoming Princess Amelia...

That pink Giraffe looks very cute! :)

Congratulations on your new grandbabies!

WOW! Princess & Prince . Great addition to your family :) 

Krys

Lea they'll contain it with a mesh covered stent, it will be laproscopic, they said there are three ways to put me under, general, heavy sedation or just numbing the area with novacaine, I chose the middle one, I can't imagine all those shots of novacaine from groin to middle of my chest, thanks Lea I'll need prayer warriors a plenty

Good morning.

I'll be heading home today. Tomorrow it's back to work, I have more online training tomorrow and then I'll start working on setting up my virtual classroom. Wednesday is officially my first day back for planning for the new school year. This time we can do the virtual teaching from our classrooms so I think I will be doing that. I'll have all my supplies and I think it will help with structuring my day, I'm like the kids I need some form of structured routine.

Prayers for everyone to stay safe and healthy.

Good Morning.  

Lea the giraffe is adorable.

Pineknott, I do not blame you.  I would go for the full sleep myself.  We will keep you in our prayers.

cshort, I thought they were opening the schools?  Seems like they can't make up their minds.  Good luck with the training.

Hey, snuck up on the scale yesterday and guess what?  Lost another pound.  :jumpyay

Well that is it for today.

Have a fun day.

On 8/7/2020 at 3:47 PM, katyallen8090 said:

my third ghan all 12 inchers pix are not good i was loosing my light at the end of the day its on my queen size bed, measures about i dont know 54 by 65 or something  number three this one, and the next,  number 4, rowed out and ready to start seaming rows tomorrow lol I am a machine lol  i take a few days off when i get one done though lol   🧡🧡🧡🧡

DSC00078.JPG

That is BEAUTIFUL!!!  My afghans always look so "common-place".  I'll have to "do better" now, I think!

23 hours ago, minwifeof4boys said:

Lyn, just want you to know I am sending up a prayer for you...how does that treatment go anyhow?

Hot and humid , almost can't breath outside... hunkered in for the day....

Katy, I love the blanket...

thought I would show you the picture of my DIL and the giraffe I crocheted for the upcoming Princess Amelia....  I have a few months before Price Charlie gets here to I am doing a few squares for donation, sending out my hat not hate box, and maybe working on a pocket shawl...

Be safe everyone...

giraffe.jpg

om goodness it is something huh looks like it was a hit!!

1 hour ago, Avon Lady said:

That is BEAUTIFUL!!!  My afghans always look so "common-place".  I'll have to "do better" now, I think!

lol well thanks it was the easiest of the 3 ive done for pine ridge for sure  working on number 4 lol  

1 hour ago, Avon Lady said:

thank you this one was the easiest of the three i have completed so far for pine ridge reservation winters  lol  

Posted (edited)

oh sheesh working hard here took a break having Marcos pizza for din din, as daughter brought one over for us last evening but we had already eaten so we stuck it in the fridge till tonight lol  looks good though 

is gloomy here today, I  suspect rain is in the near future and so flippin' humid you know  hard to  breathe out there, so im staying sequestered today   

who knows, i might take on yet another job like i did yesterday cleaning junk out of my crafting room closet, mostly saved boxes, and coffee canisters i thought i would maybe use for something never did so out hey went  lol  i wont miss that stuff lol well people ill see you all after while or tomorrow ok take care ok    

Edited by katyallen8090

Hi Everyone- I haven't been online much. My youngest DD flew in this last Tuesday to surprise me. My oldest DD and GD helped conspire her trip and did a fine job of keeping it secret. Boy was I surprised! She left yesterday with me being a weepy mom not wanting to see her leave. 

I also had to go back to the Urgent Care and Dr. last Monday (again) as the cellulitis in my legs flared up (again). Grrrr. More antibiotics which I hate. It's always something anymore. But this time it will hopefully do it's job properly.

Hot here still, 99°F today and no rain in sight. If anyone gets tired of too much rain, please send it on here. I started back working on the crochet snake for my Grt-GS. He loves any kind of animals and at 3 y.o. the dinosaurs are top of his list with snakes coming in 2nd. I'm working on a revised "Crochet Bucket List". It seems I couldn't ever get the one I had completed, so, out with the old, in with the new! In other words, simplifying.

Hope everyone is doing well and feeling great.

Good evening friends,

I was working a few days last week ar the preschool. The teacher i was covering for was out waiting for covid test results. On Wednesday the test came back positive so the kids were sent home for the rest of the week and this whole week.

I was in contact with the kids but not the teacher so I have been staying home through the weekend. (Who am I kidding I have basically been home since March!). I feel fine so I am going out tomorrow to pick up some craft supplies -wearing my mask!

ReniC

I had a bout with cellulittus that got infected in June,took a month to dry and clear up,area is still sensitive

More rain yesterday.  Nice to have green grass in Aug especially when you dont have to worry about keeping it mowed.  

Lea and Sandra did you make it thru the earthquake ok?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bgs said:

More rain yesterday.  Nice to have green grass in Aug especially when you dont have to worry about keeping it mowed.  

Lea and Sandra did you make it thru the earthquake ok?

You know how it is, hurricane one week...earthquake the next, they have recalled all the onions in the state for samonella, coin shortage...nothing surprises me any more...

Ratdog, at least you were able to get out for a bit...LOL

ReniC, feel better

Lyn, goodness, I know that this surgery is not something to look forward to, but thankfully they caught it.  I got a message from a 52 yo friend of mine who had a stroke a few weeks ago.... she can't talk!

MJ, I keep telling you those pounds are not lost.....I have them right here.... if you would like them back I don't mind...🤣🤣🤣

working on a square and might start a pocket shawl today. I finished an Addy Cardigan and love how easy it was ....

31 minutes ago, minwifeof4boys said:

You know how it is, hurricane one week...earthquake the next, they have recalled all the onions in the state for samonella, coin shortage...nothing surprises me any more...

Ratdog, at least you were able to get out for a bit...LOL

ReniC, feel better

Lyn, goodness, I know that this surgery is not something to look forward to, but thankfully they caught it.  I got a message from a 52 yo friend of mine who had a stroke a few weeks ago.... she can't talk!

MJ, I keep telling you those pounds are not lost.....I have them right here.... if you would like them back I don't mind...🤣🤣🤣

working on a square and might start a pocket shawl today. I finished an Addy Cardigan and love how easy it was ....

Sounds like you just rolled with it then and had no damage.

🤣 Thanks Lea I needed that laugh, just hope the heart Dr. is happy.

Love the picture of you DIL.  The Giraffe is adorable.  I have a pattern I would like to send to you, but I will ask first.  Look for an e-mail.

ReniC what a great surprise for you.  Sorry about the other problems.  I was talking to a friend a while ago. and we were laughing.  When we were young, it was "What movie do you want to see?"  :"What are you going to wear?"  " Did you talk to so and so?"  You know everyday things of kids and young adults.  NOW, it is what hurts, what we need to get done and what medicine we are taking.:rofl  Think about it.  Getting old is a bitch.

Eating light tonight 1/2 sandwich and soup.

Have a fun day.  

Oh I am posting a new outfit I made for the doll Charity for Bailey4.  Summer Doll outfit.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, pineknott said:

ReniC: I had a bout with cellulittus that got infected in June, took a month to dry and clear up, area is still sensitive

pineknott: I'm sorry you had to put up with this awful cellulitis. Mine was infected also the last time and heading there again. I'm on my third round of different antibiotics. It's not as bad as the last time, but, enough to make me very uncomfortable. If your comfortable about it, please PM me and let me know what treatment you had. I'll do almost anything to get rid of this.

Edited by ReniC

36 minutes ago, Tampa Doll said:

NOW, it is what hurts, what we need to get done and what medicine we are taking.:rofl  Think about it.  Getting old is a bitch. 

My DH used to say: "These are not the Golden Years, they're the Rusty Years!

Posted (edited)

Im putting down the crochet hooks for a while and taking up the cross stitch after about a 2 decade hiatus. Cross stitchnos much slower than crochet  and cooler in August than a large afghan.  (Also less expensive than a large afghan).

I will try and cross stitch a picture of Belle. Copying a friend's painting so no kit. I had to pick out my own colors and try and trace the painting onto graph paper. We'll see how it goes. 

Edited by ratdog

ratdog, I have cross stitched a bit too, crocheted, taught myself to knit, read, watched all the episodes of Nightwatch... listened to Outlander on audio book,  cleaned the fridge....

I tell you what, stick a fork in me... call me done...I am going to have to take up a new hobby soon if this keeps plugging along...

I say that, but in less then 4 weeks I have the 3 boys who thought it was fun to smash their plasma TV with matchbox cars to see the pretty pictures...there will not be enough wine in the world when I get home...

wow some kids sound a bit out out of  control huh  thank goodness my daughter was never destructive so i find this a bit i dont know like i said kids out of hand thing, lol  where were the parents anyway? just no excuse for that kind of thing at least in my mind   like these people that record a tornado or a fight on the street or kids acting out im thinking they could do better by watching the kids more face to face, or seeking shelter,  than trying to film sometihing or catch a funny or odd thing  well my opinion for all its worth lol 

ah well  thats enough of that  ill kook for your posted dolly outfit mj never did see your afghan posted either ill look again for that too  im off things to do!! take care all  

good morning, not much is new

Good Morning.

Well, the news this morning told all the kids to get ready.  Schools will open as usual on August 24th.  I think (my own opinion) that they need to go back.  They need to dispel the energy that has been pent up with the stay in place.  

Storms moving in, so need to cut this short. 

Have a great day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tampa Doll said:

Good Morning.

Well, the news this morning told all the kids to get ready.  Schools will open as usual on August 24th.  I think (my own opinion) that they need to go back.  They need to dispel the energy that has been pent up with the stay in place.  

Storms moving in, so need to cut this short. 

Have a great day.

oh no, i totally disagree sorry to say i thought if i had my daughter younger and was in this situation there is no way i would send her!! i would get certified and home school i think Handy agrees  i am all for kids going back to school if and when it is SAFE, and that is not the case lol    just my opinion though   

Posted (edited)

I do agree with Tampa Doll the challenges for kids at home are growing and mostly unacknowledged.

That being said as I mentioned to a medical provider during a tele-visit as we got on to the topic of school for next year for her kids homeschooling is a valid option for parents who don't like the current options being given by the public schools and the requirements vary not only from state to state but in some cases from town to town for how easy or hard it is to get approval to homeschool your child.  With the current challenges the public schools are having tracking the kids distance learning across the public system what I'm hearing is that in this state at least the approval process for homeschooling has become a bit more lax than in previous years.

In this state what most towns require is a letter of intent and the homeschool defense league is very clear about what the town's can and can't ask for in your plans.  If anyone is serious about homeschooling next year and has questions it would not be the worst idea to look up the homeschool defense league for your state to find out what the legal guidelines are when you begin finding out what your state and local guidelines currently are asking you to submit.  What they want and what they are entitled to are not always the same things.  Some states do require testing.  Our state does not.

One thing people don't understand about the current virtual learning options is that the majority of public school teachers don't have the training for distance learning.  There are countries that have had distance learning public education for students who live in remote areas and specific curriculum has been designed for those situations but our current public school curriculum isn't designed for remote or even hybrid learning.

Homeschool curriculum is available that is parent friendly and designed to be taught by parents to students.  There are also virtual options available for parents who want tutors for subjects they don't wish to teach.  My tele provider comes from a wealthy part of the state and was rather uniformed about the range of homeschool curricula available that with all do fairness to the teachers who are scrambling right now is likely better prepared for this type of learning situation than something that has been pieced together and is now being experimented on with kids to see if it can hold together until COVID ends.

As I said I think kids need to be back physically in the classroom but if that isn't going to happen and they are going to be schooling at home parents need to think about taking control and choosing to homeschool.

Edited by Bailey4
  • Like 1