katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

4 hours ago, cshort said:

Good morning

Lyn you will be in my prayers.

Well Isaias has all of our attention here. We were in a tropical storm watch, then a tropical storm warning, then a hurricane watch and now a tropical storm warning again. I'm watching closely. My youngest daughter will have to be out today and tomorrow for work so I'm saying extra prayers for traveling safety for her. My oldest daughter and her family are a couple hours north of me and are under a hurricane warning, they are also closer to the shore, so lots of prayers being said for them. My daughters and son-in-laws are south Florida born and raised so they know how to prepare but you know this mama will always be concerned. I hope everyone on the east coast of the country is watching this storm closely, I think most of the coast is going to feel some effect of the storm.

So while I wait for the storm to pass I will be stitching.

I hope you all have a great day and stay safe.

crazy huh carol take care!!

Good morning

All is well here, we had some rain and wind yesterday but nothing major, we're still under a tropical storm warning since we could still get some bands today. I'll contact my daughters a little later to make sure everyone is ok. I'm going to church online this morning but other than that I don't have any plans for the day.

Have a great and safe day everyone.

good morning

will be skyping to Germany soon

boy, last night we thunder & lightening right over us for about 45 minutes, today is sunny

stay safe

Just finished watching the splash down and recovery of the astronauts .  It was fascinating and I forgot how interesting it was to watch.

Lots of boats out in Gulf to watch it splash down.🚤

Have a fun weekend.

50 minutes ago, Tampa Doll said:

Just finished watching the splash down and recovery of the astronauts .  It was fascinating and I forgot how interesting it was to watch.

Lots of boats out in Gulf to watch it splash down.🚤

Have a fun weekend.

Im glad they are home safe. We sometimes take for granted how dangerous space travel can be.

And speaking of safe,  Iasais is staying off the coast and is not very well organized. Impact will be less than originally thought.

We will have the effects through tomorrow.

Waiting on the plumber. Im supposedly his second job today. Inhope he gets here soon because I am supposed to be at work at 12. Tick tock! 

Ratdog hope the plumber got to you in time.

Went out to get my medicine from the grocery store and pick up a few things.  It was like walking into an oven.  Bad thing is no rain in site.

Try and stay cool and safe today.

hi all, it was almost chilly here this am i think its warmied up a bit now but sheesh huh  glad everyone is safe and no damages to speak of, and as for rain hope those that got it, needed it lol  

afgan number three is off the table and awaiting lay out and pics so stay tuned lol  this one went fast it  was 12 inch squares!!  turned out pretty nice dont know yet if ill trim ity  lol  

so off the ghans for a couple days while i catch up with some housey things and does anyone know if the goodwills are open again as i will have a couple dontions for them lol  i can call i guess lol  

but, that is all for now a day of rest now is in my appt book lol  see ya laterz!!

Not sure about Goodwills, but the Vietnam Vets are picking up.  They will be here on the 6th.

Today was like walking out into an oven.  I was out long enough to be well done.  To think as a young thing, I use to go out to the beach, put on baby oil and fry.  Learned real fast that is NOT good.

Off to watch my hockey game.

Good morning.

I hope everyone is well and safe. 

It looks like North Carolina really got hit hard by Isaias. I hope everyone is ok. 

My little granddaughter will be here today and tomorrow so I will have a couple of busy and fun days.

Not much else going here. I hope you all have a great day. 

Good Morning.

Yeah, watching the news shows NC got hit pretty bad and it will still pack quite a wallop when it hits the rest of the states up North.

Switching over the table and tree today.

Everyone have a great day.

Hope everyone is making it thru the hurricane ok.  Hard to believe its Aug as temps dropped to lower 50's ---- might have been a record low.  Also got a fair amount of rain last week.  Grass is usually crunchy brown this time of year.  It has been a nice break from those nearly 100° days we were having.

good morning

we are safe,one town over had alot of damage from tornadoes,lots of clean up

will be out later for a new scan on aorta and see if things change or remain the same, feel fine

21 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Not sure about Goodwills, but the Vietnam Vets are picking up.  They will be here on the 6th.

Today was like walking out into an oven.  I was out long enough to be well done.  To think as a young thing, I use to go out to the beach, put on baby oil and fry.  Learned real fast that is NOT good.

Off to watch my hockey game.

ooh ouch i am blonde and light complected i just burn lol  learned that real fast too lol  

4 hours ago, pineknott said:

good morning

we are safe,one town over had alot of damage from tornadoes,lots of clean up

will be out later for a new scan on aorta and see if things change or remain the same, feel fine

oh good luck with that lyn!!

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, bgs said:

Hope everyone is making it thru the hurricane ok.  Hard to believe its Aug as temps dropped to lower 50's ---- might have been a record low.  Also got a fair amount of rain last week.  Grass is usually crunchy brown this time of year.  It has been a nice break from those nearly 100° days we were having.

i agree bgs nice change here as well  our mower man said we didnt need mowing this week though probably from that dry heat spell we had  i dunno  

cloudy off and on today  just piddling  with my small yarn balls bag seeing what i might be able to work off today in between chores and such lol  DSC00076.thumb.JPG.d1cff27babfa0545887197e256bcadae.JPGwell got a couple  balls used up lol  

Edited by katyallen8090
  • Like 1

i got trim on ghan number three for pne ridge, it looks nice, pics perhaps tomorrow ok  

1 hour ago, katyallen8090 said:

ooh ouch i am blonde and light complected i just burn lol  learned that real fast too lol  

I was a young stupid teenager and it was before I realized "Hey stupid you have the completion of a red head"  Stay out of the sun.

Glad to hear you made out ok with the storm Lyn.  Good luck with the scan. 

46 minutes ago, katyallen8090 said:

I have very light complexion  ( my skin is white & I do mean WHITE!) I always burn very badly :(. That is why I need to be very careful when it comes to sun. I do not get brown tan, I get very red skin & big "bobbles" full of liquid on my skin. On my first time visit to the beach in US I got burned so bad I almost died. Was in a hospital for over a week because of that.

My grandkids went back home to Wisconsin yesterday. They needed to go home, they will start school next week. I am very sad :(. I was going to drive them back home but my daughter came to pick them up. Her car is bigger, so all their stuff could fit there. We bought a lot of stuff for them :). And they needed to have a space for their dog in a cage. They told me IF their school will get closed again they are coming back here! :).

My friend in Arizona got his package yesterday. He is very happy, likes everything he got :). Those Face Masks I sew for him fit him perfectly. Lenght of elastic's (over the ears just right, not too long & not too short.). He sent me his pictures wearing those Face Masks, they look great. They were 100% cotton on both sides (they had white color linings on inside). I did sew inside those masks the wires to be shaped around the nose. Those wires are very important for those people who are wearing eye glasses, so they do not get "foggy"

He even loves that tiny Basket for his paper clips! :). He dos not see that as a "bird nest" LOL.

Everyone on East Coast please take care of your self's!. That is just so bad!,  because of that Virus and on top all of that STORM :(. I seen many people lost their homes, electricity and.....:(

I am praying for all of you!

Krys

1 hour ago, katyallen8090 said:

cloudy off and on today  just piddling  with my small yarn balls bag seeing what i might be able to work off today in between chores and such lol 

Katy WHERE do you get ALL those small balls of yarn?. It seems that you have never ending supply of that LOL

I wanted to ask you something for a very long time. WHAT means the word "dunno"??. You are using that word very often.

Krys

Krys

dunno, slang or shortened version of I don't know

• Like 1

Power back on, we are all okay, did the check of all the kids... all seems well.... it was very rainy with wind gusts..

Lyn, glad you are okay... hope all went well with the scan....

The girls and I had a baby shower for Kathy on Sat. I have never in my life have any one ask me while I was serving if the  fruit tray was organic, if I knew the country of origin of the fruits, and was the pitcher of ice water filtered......( and they all put on their designer sunglasses, pickup their Gucci bags , hopped in their  escolades and rode off into the sunset)......not sure where DIL got this group of friends but she can give them back!   ,

Nothing planned for this coming week,  bday  cookout for MIL on the 15th.... I need to rest up for watching the boys when Kathy gives birth, I love my 3 little little grandsons, but I think I am getting a bit old for the 5 and under crowd for 3 days,

I found the cutest animals to crochet... http://www.jesshuff.com...I did the giraffe and the deer so far.  Very easy to follow.

Hope all is well around hte world...

10 minutes ago, minwifeof4boys said:

The girls and I had a baby shower for Kathy on Sat. I have never in my life have any one ask me while I was serving if the  fruit tray was organic,

You should told that person, she/he should had called you earlier and place an order for ORGANIC food! LOL. I think that is just rude!. Maybe she should have bring her organic food with her!! LOL

Krys

lol, gotta love gen X'ers or milenials