katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

2 hours ago, katyallen8090 said:

they sure do lyn i thought that as well  

Thank You Kathy for a very nice compliments on my "Care package" for my friend :).

Going back to Lyn's point of view. That is funny! :). But, if you think about that.....any nest it is just a basket/container to hold little items, sometimes just a bunch of little baby birds :). Or bigger items in a bigger basket/container.

In my case that was never planned to be a basket. I used that old crochet part because it saved me time, most of crocheting was done already. I was not planning to make any baskets for him at least not this time.  On the other hand turned out very well.  That basket is plain & simple. With guys we need to be very careful when it comes to design, even when it comes to colors,  NO "frilies" of any kind! LOL. Believe me no one will ever see that as a bird nest siting on a desk full of paper clips :). And no one will see  that as a pumpkin either as it was going to be according to a last year plans... 

I made a big blanket for him few years ago in the same colors as that basket. That is just pure coincident! LOL.

I will need to make a lot more of those face masks after my granddaughters will go back home. More for my friends,  many for my granddaughters & my daughter. Right now I do not have much of spare time taking care of them and their DOG! LOL.

We been shopping a lot on Line for everything and anything  they will need to go back to school. Monday we place an order on their new school uniforms. They are going to a private Catholic school. I think I will need to order a lot more of those disposable face masks for them too. Kids are kids, they probably will loose some or many of those masks that I will sew for them.

I think we bought almost everything they will need to go back to school. From clothes, books and on.... We did not bought new winter booths. I think little later they will have more choices in stores and it is better if they will try them on at the store. Buying shoes on Line is little  "complicated"...

Krys

19 hours ago, pineknott said:

ohhhhhhhhh that fireworks one is so pretty, I have the same exact green one, your bowl looks similiar to the nests I make for wild life rehabbers

Thank You very much :). Bird nest ha? LOL

That green mask it was the only fabric I have at home that would work for guy. Nothing special but plain enough and that color is not bad for a guy. It will match that grass color where he is playing golf LOL. Could not make him a mask with flowers or Christmas designs on it.

Krys

8 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Love the package for your friend Krys.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! :)

Krys

LOOK at that fabric!. CUTE! :). I just bought some for kids face masks.

My daughter likes that too. She want a mask out of that fabric :).

Hand Prints 

Krys

image.png.e9b2cf95f22f1d6716abd8afe8557e14.png

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, katyallen8090 said:

i actually have froggies on a mask my daughter had gotten from someone that makes them at her work and another i think its a pretty light blue plaid, cant remember right  now lol  

That mask with Froggies must look cute! :)

Krys

Edited by USpolishgirl

I have finished the blanket and the stuffy  Llama blanket and stuffy

All the information is in the link.

Hot and Humid already, even though we have a small chance of rain.

Have a fun day.

Posted (edited)
On 7/28/2020 at 6:01 PM, USpolishgirl said:

CARE PACKAGE for old friend :)

I know pictures.....
I call that a "Care Package" because he really needed someone very desperately to take care of his needs for Face Masks. I guess he is just too busy going golfing almost every day. No time left to bother to get some face masks! LOL
Krys

I love your stories Krys. Your friend is so blessed to have you looking out for him. The brown paper bag mask was funny and I giggled about it while reading your post and picturing that. Now that he has a few masks, he has no excuse to not wear one. You were wise about the chocolate, it would have been a mess. Most candies of any kind at this time of year don't fair well at all- 117°F in Phoenix and 108°F here today! 🥵

Edited by ReniC

23 hours ago, katyallen8090 said:

i actually have froggies on a mask my daughter had gotten from someone that makes them at her work and another i think its a pretty light blue plaid, cant remember right  now lol  

The froggy mask has to be a cute one. I collected tiny porcelain and glass frogs for years and told everyone, "Enough, thank you". Now they think I'm a turtle person. LOL! But that's ok, I love turtles and tortoises. Awe heck, I love all God's creatures!

• Like 1

ha, i am a clock person and received many clocks over the years too lol  but i love them all  i even have a clock for when time is of the essence that does run backwards lol  how do you think i crochet so fast lol  (jk)  im not that fast lol 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ReniC said:

I love your stories Krys. Your friend is so blessed to have you looking out for him. The brown paper bag mask was funny and I giggled about it while reading your post and picturing that. Now that he has a few masks, he has no excuse to not wear one. You were wise about the chocolate, it would have been a mess. Most candies of any kind at this time of year don't fair well at all- 117°F in Phoenix and 108°F here today! 🥵

Thank You Reni :)

Yes, that brown paper bag on his head,  I could not believed that either!! LOL

I forgot you live in Arizona too. Do you live in Phoenix?. My friend lives there.  I really admire you guys to be able to stay a life in that kind a heat. I know I would just drop death, I am not kidding!. I am not saying that I like winters because I do not. Winters here can be very bad where I live (N-W of Chicago).

I really would LOVE to live in Hawaii! :). I been there few times on vacation. Weather is perfect there! :) and all that beautiful scenery are just breath taking. I could just look at everything around for ever.... Unfortunately it is not possible for me to move there. Way to far from my kids & grandkids. The other problem would be, living there is way to expensive :(.

Take care! :)

Krys  

I would love one that runs backwards

I collect ones that have roman numerals, mostly if the 4 is shown as IV instead of 1111

funny I am so bad at math but used to ace all roman numeral exams

stay safe

Look at that beautiful work :)

NOT MY PICTURE!

image.thumb.png.ccbbd3b19f47f719f0015f7d4dfb8273.png

Good Morning.

Keeping busy here and now we're on storm watch.

I hope you are all doing well and anyone in the storm's path please stay safe.

20 hours ago, USpolishgirl said:

Thank You Reni :)

Yes, that brown paper bag on his head,  I could not believed that either!! LOL

I forgot you live in Arizona too. Do you live in Phoenix?. My friend lives there.  I really admire you guys to be able to stay a life in that kind a heat. I know I would just drop death, I am not kidding!. I am not saying that I like winters because I do not. Winters here can be very bad where I live (N-W of Chicago).

I really would LOVE to live in Hawaii! :). I been there few times on vacation. Weather is perfect there! :) and all that beautiful scenery are just breath taking. I could just look at everything around for ever.... Unfortunately it is not possible for me to move there. Way to far from my kids & grandkids. The other problem would be, living there is way to expensive :(.

Take care! :)

Krys  

Hi Krys- No, I'm in N. W. Arizona, about 3300 ft elevation. We are experiencing some brutal heat, even up here- 110°F today! I don't even want to crochet anything bigger than a potholder, even though it's cool in the house. It's going to be about117°F in Phoenix, 4 hours south of me. We are having southern Arizona weather. Years ago, it used to only get about 95-98°F for the high here this time of year. My DH was from Chicago, but, came here in 1965. He hated the brutal winters and loved the heat. I still have a nephew there in La Grange and works in the city. And of course, all my DH relatives.

My oldest DD and her DH went to Maui last year. They thoroughly enjoyed it but, hated how expensive it was- $40 for an average breakfast at a little diner. They went to New York city the year before and said it was about the same. My 2nd oldest son and family lived on Hawaii for 3 years. The baby got sick with RA and had to move back. They still miss it. 

Me- I'll just stayed hunkered down in my little cottage and enjoy the AC! 

Enjoy the day.

• Like 1

Cshort, hope you are taking precautions.  We are not in the cone, but still watching the storm. 

The President was just in Tampa and said the order is ready to sign for help with the Hurricane.

Got the blanket and stuff all packed up and ready to be shipped.  I hope to get it out on Monday.

Everyone on the East Coast, be careful and hopefully you won't get much damage from the storm.  We are routing for you.

Posted (edited)

We are just outside the cone. My kids will get rain, tropical storm watch , but they are smart enough to prepare and stay home and stay safe. (They wont be out driving, making videos or surfing in a storm).

Hopefully we wont get anything until after we are home from Church tomorrow night.

Edited by ratdog

quick fly by hello

just chillin,  go in for aorta anurysem repair on 8/17

1 hour ago, ratdog said:

We are just outside the cone. My kids will get rain, tropical storm watch , but they are smart enough to prepare and stay home and stay safe. (They wont be out driving, making videos or surfing in a storm).

Hopefully we wont get anything until after we are home from Church tomorrow night.

Glad to here like us you are outside the cone.  We might get some rain thrown off, but nothing other than that.  Maybe we will all get lucky and it will move further out to sea.  Keep safe everyone.

1 hour ago, pineknott said:

quick fly by hello

WHAT!!!!!!   Ok you got my attention.  Hoping all goes well and ask  Rene´  to keep us updated.

Bgs

it must'nt be too concerning, he didn't say I'm putting you in tonight and operating tomorrow

3 hours ago, pineknott said:

quick fly by hello

DH had the same done several years ago- "piece of cake", he said. You will be in my prayers for complete success.

13 hours ago, pineknott said:

quick fly by hello

OMG You will be in our prayers.  Yes, please have Rene keep us informed.  I can not believe he is not putting you in right away, but in a way, maybe that is good.  

Just a stop by to say Hi and see how everyone is doing.

Good morning

Lyn you will be in my prayers.

Well Isaias has all of our attention here. We were in a tropical storm watch, then a tropical storm warning, then a hurricane watch and now a tropical storm warning again. I'm watching closely. My youngest daughter will have to be out today and tomorrow for work so I'm saying extra prayers for traveling safety for her. My oldest daughter and her family are a couple hours north of me and are under a hurricane warning, they are also closer to the shore, so lots of prayers being said for them. My daughters and son-in-laws are south Florida born and raised so they know how to prepare but you know this mama will always be concerned. I hope everyone on the east coast of the country is watching this storm closely, I think most of the coast is going to feel some effect of the storm.

So while I wait for the storm to pass I will be stitching.

I hope you all have a great day and stay safe.

good morning

cloudy and muggy

1 hour ago, pineknott said:

good morning

cloudy and muggy

hi lyn  we not only have the three h's as mj says we have the three d's here too, dark, damp and dreary lol  along with the c and m lol