katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 8:21 PM, USpolishgirl said:

Thank You :)

I think I treated him little better than a human. Because I knew that poor dog can  could not complain or ask for anything. I had to be the one who was constantly trying to figure it out WHAT he needs at that time..?.

I know that probably will sound stupid to many people. BUT, each time before I/we eat (breakfast, lunch, dinner or...?). I would feed him FIRST!, than I would sit down by the table to eat. Because I just did not thought it was fair to that little guy to be looking at us when we are eating and he would be hungry. My rule always was and is: not to do anything to animal that I would not want to be done to me!! :(.

Yes, I could feed him that food from the table, I just did not wanted to do that. No, he was not eating dog food. I was cooking for him good food once a week or sometimes every 5 days. I was using my preasiure cooker. He loved a lot of chicken (skinless) with some rice or noodles & vegetables. After I cooked that I would put that to small zip-locks and freeze that. He was crazy about broccoli LOL. He could eat cooked or on-cooked broccoli :). I was cooking carrots, string beans for him.  He even loved lettuce :) and oranges :). I wasn't giving him much of oranges just a little, i did not think that was good for him. He would get  boiled egg about twice a week, he love that!.. Once a week he got piece of beef-steak insted of chicken. All what he ate from dog food it was his "milk bonez", I think that is called: BONEZ not bones. Yes, I would give him "table food" when I ate but just a little, I knew he was not hungry because I just feed him his food:). I did not want him to eat a lot of our food that he should not been eating, because that was not good for him.

He was 13,5 years old when he died from Censer :( and he was full of energy like a little puppy to his last days. My daughter picked up on that. She said Cesar is like a little puppy, so much energy! (he was not taking naps, just running around & playing). Her older dog was about 6 years old at that time and he was behaving like old & tire dog. She told me that must be because I am feeding him that good food, not a dog food.

She said she will start cooking for them. She cooked for her dogs (two of them) for about a week or two and that was it!. Too much work. Her dogs went back to dog food. I did warn her: that takes a lot of work every week or so.  

Now I have my granddaughters here ( because of that C-virus, no school) and I got here one of their dogs ( that younger one). Yes, I am cooking for him good food :). I think he loves me for that! LOL. He always fallows me, he dos not care to spend much of his time with them LOL.  I guess they know what is good for them LOL.

Krys

Our sweet baby was fed much the same way as yours, but, unfortunately, we lost him to diabetes, when he was only 12 or 13 years old.  We gave him an insulin shot every morning, and he had to have a certain diet.  But he was a happy boy until he passed.  Dogs (and cats--we had a cat for 11 years) are just little boys and girls in human jammies!!

• Like 1

Good Morning

Lea congratulations on the new little guy who will be joining your family soon. I hope you are feeling better.

Sorry Lyn I don't have any suggestions. I'm not diabetic. Right now I'm using a lotion that my daughter gave me it's from shoresoap.com. It doesn't feel too heavy and has a nice light fragrance, the name of the fragrance is Mermaid Kisses.

I was awake earlier than I wanted to be today, tried to go back to sleep but it didn't work. My granddaughter will be here today so it will be a fun day, we both might need naps this afternoon.

Have a great day everyone.

Good Morning.

Lea Congrats on the new addition.  Wow another boy to watch over the Princesses.

ReniC that is one scary tornado.

Lyn I use Aveeno.  No scent and not to bad.

Well off to finish my blanket.  I do hope I get this done soon.

Good (late) Morning:

cshort: It was  scary. My GD told me about the tornado right after it touched down. I didn't even hear the sirens since my house is so insulated. There was not any damage done. It got me wondering and thinking though about how much the weather has changed in my lifetime.

minwifeof4boys: My DH had to have the throat stretched 2 different times. He said a piece of cake. Just the slightest tenderness after. And. Congratulations on the little one on the way!

Pineknot: I'm not diabetic; I know someone who uses Gold Bond Ultimate Diabetic Cream and loves it. I use their foot cream and I have excellant results. I also use Philosophy brand that I buy through Amazon.com, and good old Jergen's Original as neither one has a greasy feeling)

Hope all have wonderful day.

22 hours ago, minwifeof4boys said:

Holy Smokes that tornado is scary!

Lyn, that is either caused by a bad battery or the fan is full of dust so it is over heating... you can try blowing into the fan vent on the side and clearing it, seeing if it does better once you take the battery out.

so hot here, still having my gastro issues... might have to have my throat  stretched which doesn't sound a bit fun... ahh getting old, not for the faint of heart...

Baby boy grandchild coming in Dec.  " Charles  Alexander", they will call him Charlie...  They own a Crossfit gym and here htey are with the baby reveal...

charlie one.jpg

oh they are both soo cute!!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

here is number two smaller ( its on a queen bed   but easier to manage LOL no

,the trim is not crooked, i jut didnt smooth it out very good lol  Bed spread is in dryer but i took a oic without iy anyway lol  DSC00067.JPG

Edited by katyallen8090
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, katyallen8090 said:

here is number two smaller ( its on a queen bed   but easier to manage LOL no

,the trim is not crooked, i jut didnt smooth it out very good lol  Bed spread is in dryer but i took a oic without iy anyway lol  

Well, that's pretty. Love the border too.

That is really pretty Kathy.  Love the color of the edging, it really brings the colors all together.

Not much going on.  Finally finished the panels of the blanket, I am now working on the edging.  As soon as it is done, I will post a picture.

3 H's in full blast today.  I sure will be glad when August gets done.

Well, I will finally get to see some sports.  HOCKEY starts this week.  Of course they will all be playing in either Edmonton or Toronto.  This is the end of last year.  They are playing for the Stanley Cup, (like the World Series or Super Bowl).  So finally something to watch other than old movies.

Have a fun day.

1 hour ago, Tampa Doll said:

That is really pretty Kathy.  Love the color of the edging, it really brings the colors all together.

Not much going on.  Finally finished the panels of the blanket, I am now working on the edging.  As soon as it is done, I will post a picture.

Well, I will finally get to see some sports.  HOCKEY starts this week.  Of course they will all be playing in either Edmonton or Toronto.  This is the end of last year.  They are playing for the Stanley Cup, (like the World Series or Super Bowl).  So finally something to watch other than old movies.

Have a fun day.

Good Morning (afternoon) Mary Jo- Glad you're getting to see some sports finally. My SIL is bonkers over NASCAR and he is so glad it has started up again. It looks strange to see the stands empty. I still get melancholy with football since DH passed.  TV is so boring to me with all the re-runs and same programs over and over. I did discover two programs I hadn't watched before, so, I binged them and got caught up. I turn the TV on in the evening for the sound and crochet to my heart's content. Sometime tomorrow I'll pick up the WIP for my little Grt-GS. They stay overnight tonight on their way back to California from New Mexico. 

Hot, hot, hot this week. It's supposed to be 109°F by Friday! I'm hunkering down indoors and staying cool with a few extra prayers to not have any power outages.

Happy Tuesday everyone! If it's not a good day- Change it!

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Have a fun day.

lol cant wait to see the pic of your Project lol  good for hockey huh makes for a happy MJ  

Edited by katyallen8090

2 hours ago, ReniC said:

Good Morning (afternoon) Mary Jo- Glad you're getting to see some sports finally. My SIL is bonkers over NASCAR and he is so glad it has started up again. It looks strange to see the stands empty. I still get melancholy with football since DH passed.  TV is so boring to me with all the re-runs and same programs over and over. I did discover two programs I hadn't watched before, so, I binged them and got caught up. I turn the TV on in the evening for the sound and crochet to my heart's content. Sometime tomorrow I'll pick up the WIP for my little Grt-GS. They stay overnight tonight on their way back to California from New Mexico. 

Hot, hot, hot this week. It's supposed to be 109°F by Friday! I'm hunkering down indoors and staying cool with a few extra prayers to not have any power outages.

Happy Tuesday everyone! If it's not a good day- Change it!

oh i hear ya Reni c  about crappy tv i barely ever watch network for a long time lol  netflix doesn't have commercials either lol  

thanks all it is some bulky yellow i wanted to use up for the trim,  it worked really well  🧡🧡🧡🧡

11 minutes ago, katyallen8090 said:

oh i hear ya Reni c  about crappy tv i barely ever watch network for a long time lol  netflix doesn't have commercials either lol  

I have Netflix, Dish which includes regular TV stations and Amazon o my TV and still, I cannot find anything interesting to watch except a few docu's here and there. I'm going to cancel a few. I pay way too much money for TV. Wish they had a good crochet program on. Just found out 2 of my Phoenix stations on Dish are blacked out due to protest for more money! Stinkpots!!!

12 minutes ago, katyallen8090 said:

thanks all it is some bulky yellow i wanted to use up for the trim,  it worked really well  🧡🧡🧡🧡

I'll say it worked well! Love the texture.

1 minute ago, ReniC said:

I have Netflix, Dish which includes regular TV stations and Amazon o my TV and still, I cannot find anything interesting to watch except a few docu's here and there. I'm going to cancel a few. I pay way too much money for TV. Wish they had a good crochet program on. Just found out 2 of my Phoenix stations on Dish are blacked out due to protest for more money! Stinkpots!!!

ah bummer lol

broke a record again today

stay safe

Posted (edited)

CARE PACKAGE for old friend :)

I know pictures are bad, I did not realized it got dark outside. I was not planning to take any pictures, I was too busy...

While ago I got email from my friend with a picture saying: "My Face Mask".  On that picture someone was wearing a brown paper bag over their head. I seen pictures like that before, I thought it was just a joke. I realized it was not a joke when I got to that part reading:  a woman on a parking lot was asking him if that was his face mask? LOL. 

Later that day I called our friend just to make sure that was him wearing that paper bag. He told me he just needed to stop at a store to buy bag of cookies and that store  is asking people to wear face mask.. he told me he dos not have any face mask and sometimes he wears his motorcycle helmet with face guard to stores.  I have no idea WHY he did not bought any masks??, I did not ask him. I guess those guys they do think very differently than woman LOL.   
I told him I will sew couple of them for him and send that to him. 

That little crochet basket for his desk (paper clips &..).  That did not started to be a basket.  Last year I was making pumpkins in different colors.  After I started working on that pumpkin I changed my mind, I wanted a different yarn for that pumpkin. I left that unfinished piece and put that to a zip lock. I guess I was planning to throw that out later.  To make long story short yesterday I turned that unfinished pumpkin to a little basket. I know he will like that, he likes everything I make for him :).

I did added to that box 10 disposable face masks for him just in case he might need it. I told him to keep few of them in his car just in case... Few weeks ago I bought 30 of them to have at home just in case maybe some repair guy would need to come to my house to fix something not having any face mask. on :(.

I sent him one of my books too. I find out from him that he is planning to buy the same book. Since I already read that I thought I will add that to that box.
I was going to add a bag of dark chocolate than i realized that would not be a good idea to ship that to Arizona. in this time of the year. He probably would get a chocolate milk/shake LOL.
That "Sport Bookmark". I made couple of them while ago...In case someone is interested?, I know there is a pattern somewhere on Internet for that bookmark, I made that from a picture.

I call that a "Care Package" because he really needed someone very desperately to take care of his needs for Face Masks. I guess he is just too busy going golfing almost every day. No time left to bother to get some face masks! LOL

Krys

DSC01788.JPG

DSC01783.JPG

DSC01792.JPG

DSC01794.JPG

Edited by USpolishgirl

ohhhhhhhhh that fireworks one is so pretty, I have the same exact green one, your bowl looks similiar to the nests I make for wild life rehabbers

Love the package for your friend Krys.

It was funny watching the Hockey game last night.  There was no one, I mean no one in the stands, but they played crowd noise through out the game.  When someone scored a goal, there was cheering.  It was really funny to watch.  Much better than the cardboard cutouts for Baseball.

Today is a day off for us.  Only thing going on is the lawn guy is coming to spray the lawn with feed.  I have to tell him NO weed killer.  The last time, we had big patches of brown.  We seem to change techs all the time and I have to tell them.  If it is GREEN, just feed it. :rofl

Well, off to see what the rest of the world is doing.

Have a fun day.

18 hours ago, USpolishgirl said:

CARE PACKAGE for old friend :)

I know pictures are bad, I did not realized it got dark outside. I was not planning to take any pictures, I was too busy...

While ago I got email from my friend with a picture saying: "My Face Mask".  On that picture someone was wearing a brown paper bag over their head. I seen pictures like that before, I thought it was just a joke. I realized it was not a joke when I got to that part reading:  a woman on a parking lot was asking him if that was his face mask? LOL. 

Later that day I called our friend just to make sure that was him wearing that paper bag. He told me he just needed to stop at a store to buy bag of cookies and that store  is asking people to wear face mask.. he told me he dos not have any face mask and sometimes he wears his motorcycle helmet with face guard to stores.  I have no idea WHY he did not bought any masks??, I did not ask him. I guess those guys they do think very differently than woman LOL.   
I told him I will sew couple of them for him and send that to him. 

That little crochet basket for his desk (paper clips &..).  That did not started to be a basket.  Last year I was making pumpkins in different colors.  After I started working on that pumpkin I changed my mind, I wanted a different yarn for that pumpkin. I left that unfinished piece and put that to a zip lock. I guess I was planning to throw that out later.  To make long story short yesterday I turned that unfinished pumpkin to a little basket. I know he will like that, he likes everything I make for him :).

I did added to that box 10 disposable face masks for him just in case he might need it. I told him to keep few of them in his car just in case... Few weeks ago I bought 30 of them to have at home just in case maybe some repair guy would need to come to my house to fix something not having any face mask. on :(.

I sent him one of my books too. I find out from him that he is planning to buy the same book. Since I already read that I thought I will add that to that box.
I was going to add a bag of dark chocolate than i realized that would not be a good idea to ship that to Arizona. in this time of the year. He probably would get a chocolate milk/shake LOL.
That "Sport Bookmark". I made couple of them while ago...In case someone is interested?, I know there is a pattern somewhere on Internet for that bookmark, I made that from a picture.

I call that a "Care Package" because he really needed someone very desperately to take care of his needs for Face Masks. I guess he is just too busy going golfing almost every day. No time left to bother to get some face masks! LOL

Krys

DSC01788.JPG

DSC01783.JPG

DSC01792.JPG

DSC01794.JPG

oh Krys that is a fabulous and very kind care package!! The masks are gorgeous and the bookmark precious as is the bowl lol  such a good friend you are!!!!

16 hours ago, pineknott said:

ohhhhhhhhh that fireworks one is so pretty, I have the same exact green one, your bowl looks similiar to the nests I make for wild life rehabbers

they sure do lyn i thought that as well  

4 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Love the package for your friend Krys.

It was funny watching the Hockey game last night.  There was no one, I mean no one in the stands, but they played crowd noise through out the game.  When someone scored a goal, there was cheering.  It was really funny to watch.  Much better than the cardboard cutouts for Baseball.

Today is a day off for us.  Only thing going on is the lawn guy is coming to spray the lawn with feed.  I have to tell him NO weed killer.  The last time, we had big patches of brown.  We seem to change techs all the time and I have to tell them.  If it is GREEN, just feed it. :rofl

Well, off to see what the rest of the world is doing.

Have a fun day.

wow brown spots not good  we use a scots product that weeds and feeds and handy does it never a prob  good luck and is that ghan done yet??? I wanna see it please  lol

i actually have froggies on a mask my daughter had gotten from someone that makes them at her work and another i think its a pretty light blue plaid, cant remember right  now lol  

The ghan is done.  I will get a picture tomorrow and hopefully get it post tomorrow.  I have a little stuffie to go with it and I hope to get a pair of Llama booties to go with them.

When I did the law, we had not trouble with weeks and brown spots.  I now pay someone to cut the grass and someone to put weed and feed down, but they had a weed killer, that does not kill the grass.  I told them to leave it alone.  Good enough.