katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

Up at 5 this morning.  Don't know why, eyes just popped open.

Taking a trip to the store today, unless it rains.

Have a fun day.

MJ,

I have mornings like that too

boy, being out in that heat yesterday has me really drained of all energy this morning, and I have lots to do, somebody help me find My Get Up an Go, thanks..... stay safe

Posted (edited)
On 7/19/2020 at 1:23 PM, USpolishgirl said:

That is exactly what I was doing for Cesar :). I even had another little cup in my car for his water. 

My daughter once told me: " You tread him like a baby"!. I did not knew why she would say such a stupid thing?. Because he was my baby!!:)  and I told her that.

Krys

I bought one of these for my GD's dog. So convenient:  Portable Pet Water Bottle at Amazon.

Edited by ReniC

hi ya, dr.appt today after one failed tele -health call,and one canceled appt last friday by his office and then finally got in today 2 weeks later lol  

just ac1, again at 6.0 seems to be my normal, blood work oh and i got a pneumonia shot too  then up and out in the heat again and then home chicken from deli for supper and now im tired lol  glad to be done  ok well see ya soon ok  over and out      🧡🧡🧡

14 hours ago, ReniC said:

I bought one of these for my GD's dog. So convenient:  Portable Pet Water Bottle at Amazon.

What a great idea!. I will get one for my granddaughters dogs. I have one of those dogs here with me :). In couple weeks my granddaughters, their dog & Gold Fish will be going back home. I know I will miss them a lot. 

Krys

Great news on the A1C Kathy.

Yesterday was another day of all rain.  This morning the sun is out, not sure how long that will last.

Finally got two new pillows yesterday.  I will be getting the other two today.

3H's in full force today also.

Well, off to my corner to work on the blanket.

Have a fun day.

good morning

a little less warm today,maybe this heat wave is lessening its grip on this area

my computer is acting up , shuts off by itself for no reason, its only 2 yrs old, shouldn't be having problems

enjoy your day and remember to mask up

Hey Lyn is it a lap top?  I have been having trouble with mine.  I don't know if my e-mails are getting out.  Last week, I was not getting any.

Ready to throw it in the pool.  At least one of us will get cooled off.

Hello.

The sun is shining today! We've had rain for the past 2 days which makes for very long days with a 4 year old. We couldn't go swimming which meant she didn't nap either. Today she is home with her mommy. I've been busy with laundry, paperwork and a class assignment today but now I think it might be time to relax and stitch. 

I hope you all have a great day.

9 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Great news on the A1C Kathy.

Yesterday was another day of all rain.  This morning the sun is out, not sure how long that will last.

Finally got two new pillows yesterday.  I will be getting the other two today.

3H's in full force today also.

Well, off to my corner to work on the blanket.

Have a fun day.

oh good did you get the my pillows or something else??

hi all there or not all there lol  i mean that in the nicest way you know that right lol  

well its a good day very windy out a bit hot but any day i spend above ground is  good day right?? 

enjoy your day all and your new pillows mj lol  pineknot sorry about probs with computer  hope it is nothing  

I ended up getting 2 Hypoallergic pillows and 2 Serta Won't go flat pillows.  They cost me what 1 or 2 My pillow will cost me.  They are great.  I sit higher up when I sleep and they are much fuller than what I had.  I could fold my old pillows into 4 pieces.  In 1/2 and 1/2 again.

Well, a big storm is moving in, so I will shut down for the night.

yes its a lap top and has done this on and off since I got it, its a Lenovo

Good morning.

I don't have any plans for today, maybe I'll finish the smocking project I'm working on.

I hope you all have a wonderful day.

hi ya, dr.appt today after one failed tele -health call,and one canceled appt last friday by his office and then finally got in toiday 2 weeks later lol  

just ac1, again at 6.0 seems to be my norml, blood work oh and i got a pneumonia shot too  then up and out in the heat again and then home chicken from deli for supper and now im tired lol  glad to be done  

WELL IM MUCH BETTER  with that shot thursday but wow i never got that sort of a reaction with any flu shot didnt lst long i guess about 24 hours but cose me a night of sleep, and a day not working on finishing that ghan  but that is all in the past as today i put the trim on it and it is all done but laundering  i lol i will lay it on th bed tomorrow, as i am washing my bedding today and cant do it till tomorrow but ill show nyou then   

Posted (edited)

Hi All- It's been crazy the last week with my oldest GD and her 4 little ones visiting for 5 days. I was so pooped out last night, I slept till 10:15 this morning. You can bet I did not get any crocheting or reading done while company was here. What a Blessing my family is so helpful.

On a more ominous note; We had a tornado yesterday where I used to live about 18 miles east of here! Very scary and VERY unusual. It even made the news in Northern California and New York! Go figure. Since I moved here in 1976, we've had a few funnel clouds, and over the years twice, tornados have touched down with minimal damage and of course being in the desert, several microbursts.

Today is going to be a do nothing day for me, that's for sure. Well, maybe a little crochet going on. 😄 Hope everyone has a glorious weekend.

Edited by ReniC

Posted (edited)

Editing wouldn't allow me to add a photo, so:

Tornado 07-24-2020.jpg

Edited by ReniC

Reni that  is scary, I hope no one was hurt. I'm glad you had a nice visit with family and I hope you get some rest today.

Katy I'm glad you're feeling better.

I almost finished my smocking project yesterday. Today I will be making more masks, I had a request from a friend. I also have to pick up a grocery order at Walmart this morning when they let me know it's ready. But that's about it for today's plans.

Have a good day everyone.

good morning

another hot one here

to all our diabetics here, question, for dry skin what creme or lotion do you use?? I'm going to have to break down and start using some, I am one that doesn't like the feel of it on my skin,sigh

I am NOT diabetic. I just have a very dry skin since I was very little girl.  Foe about 15 years or so I am using "Vaseline"- Intensive care - essential healing. That works very well for me. I use that every day after shower all over my body. Yes, I use a lot of that Lotion, sometimes I buy that by the case when I can save money.

If I would not  been using any lotion I probably would just "flake away....."  long time ago! LOL

Krys

On 7/25/2020 at 2:54 PM, ReniC said:

Editing wouldn't allow me to add a photo, so:

Tornado 07-24-2020.jpg

dang!!

Holy Smokes that tornado is scary!

Lyn, that is either caused by a bad battery or the fan is full of dust so it is over heating... you can try blowing into the fan vent on the side and clearing it, seeing if it does better once you take the battery out.

so hot here, still having my gastro issues... might have to have my throat  stretched which doesn't sound a bit fun... ahh getting old, not for the faint of heart...

Baby boy grandchild coming in Dec.  " Charles  Alexander", they will call him Charlie...  They own a Crossfit gym and here htey are with the baby reveal...

charlie one.jpg