katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

good afternoon

so very hot, then we'll have a wks worth of rain, oh joy

stay safe

wow no postings sheesh    i feel alone, dejected, depressed and bored lol  hope you all are in good shape!!!!!💙💛🧡💜

• Haha 1

Hello. Been busy with my little granddaughter and my online class today.

I hope everyone is doing well today.

Good Morning.

Yesterday was a lost day.  Finally got the sprinklers fixed and we ordered a new mailbox.  Ours is being held together by zip ties.

Nothing much going on.  Just wanted to drop by and say Hi!

32 minutes ago, Tampa Doll said:

Good Morning.

Yesterday was a lost day.  Finally got the sprinklers fixed and we ordered a new mailbox.  Ours is being held together by zip ties.

Nothing much going on.  Just wanted to drop by and say Hi!

well zip ties huh, outta duct tape then ???ROFL  seriously i had a book once 1 thousand and one ways to use duct tape lol  i passed it on to a friend and never saw it again!!Im almost sure the mailbox thing was in there lol  

Edited by katyallen8090

16 hours ago, cshort said:

Hello. Been busy with my little granddaughter and my online class today.

I hope everyone is doing well today.

well you can never stop learning, can you!!  Good for you carol  

oh pic time   my first pine ridge afghan is finished all but the laundering of it which is in right now  i laid it on my queen size bed, and snapped a pic before i put it in the washer   I started it in mid may, and finished it July 3 i think  took me at least 2 and a half days weaving in  the ends on the back!!! took me a while to figure out placement of that one big green square in the middle but finally got it centered i think or close enough lol  took the work of many people besides me to make it but after its bath, I will count squares in it and recheck ends and seams and bag it and box it for posting out before winter rolls in there.  whew  its almost completly out of my hands now i did my best, and even though i weaved in very securely, and given the right treatment while washing, nothing lasts forever right lol  reminds me of one i had made for a friend once, and she let her younger kids play hole big  which was how big can you make the spaces with your toes??,

, and  then calmly asked for another, i did not make her another  you have to really at least show some another i did not make another one for was a sister in lw then and i went to her back door one time to see her, and it was kinda icy and cold still and as i stood there at the door i glanced over to the window well, as my caught something familiar there  stuck icy mud and snow  down in the window well was the pretty varg and greenzig zag i had made for her for xmas one time  I was like just a knife in my heart  i never told her, i just vowed then and there, never again you know   i could only then imagine all the time i had spent not only on that ghan but on each of her 4 kid'S hats and matching scarves too   wow, an eye opener huh ah well i heard of one lady that her relative wanted or used an afghan she had made, to put on the garage floor to soak up oil on the floor    have these kinds of people and others never heard of cat litter or oil soak!!!  sheesh not to even mention the meaning orl ove or  work that went into that ghan n i was without words when i heard that  there are more horror stories in the naked city, this has just been a few of them lol            

12 minutes ago, katyallen8090 said:

DSC00053.JPGnow off to washer   

Very nice! and VERY colorful :)

WOW! that did not took long at all. You can make many of them per year.....!!! :)

Krys

Katie the afghan looks great!

Not much happening here today, just hanging out with my granddaughter. We went swimming this morning which is good because now its thundering and looking like rain is coming.

I hope everyone is enjoying their day.

Great job Katie.  I am sure Pam is smiling down on you for continuing this project.

19 hours ago, katyallen8090 said:

and  then calmly asked for another, i did not make her another  you have to really at least show some another i did not make another one for was a sister in lw then and i went to her back door one time to see her, and it was kinda icy and cold still and as i stood there at the door i glanced over to the window well, as my caught something familiar there  stuck icy mud and snow  down in the window well was the pretty varg and greenzig zag i had made for her for xmas one time  I was like just a knife in my heart  i never told her, i just vowed then and there, never again you know   i could only then imagine all the time i had spent not only on that ghan but on each of her 4 kid'S hats and matching scarves too   wow, an eye opener huh ah well i heard of one lady that her relative wanted or used an afghan she had made, to put on the garage floor to soak up oil on the floor    have these kinds of people and others never heard of cat litter or oil soak!!!  sheesh not to even mention the meaning orl ove or  work that went into that ghan n i was without words when i heard that  there are more horror stories in the naked city, this has just been a few of them lol  

If that would been me, I would said something to those people who destroyed your afghans (many days, weeks of your hard work). That is really SICK how people can do that??!.

I did not made many afghans in my life. BUT those what I made they are being taken very good care. I know that because I seen pictures many years later.

About 8 or 10 years ago I made a big afghan for old friend of the family. He is an older single guy lives in Arizona. He takes care of that blanket very well. He fallows my washing & drying instructions.  He uses that only at winter time. For summer time he folds that & stores in a plastic zip-up bag made for comforters, I sent that to him for storage. He even air-dry's that blanket :).

Before that afghan I crochet for him 3- "SKINNY" ties (he asked for that). He is wearing those ties to church every Sunday. It is unbelievable but to this time those ties looking brand new :). He is very proud of them at his church LOL. He was not able to go to his church for a while  because of that Virus. He is not happy about that.

What I am trying to say it is: IF that older single guy can take a such a good care of those hand made gifts WHAT IS WRONG with those woman that you mentioned above??. If they did not like that, they should told you that or give that away to someone else. But, not to destroy that! and than ask for another one??. Some people are just plain crazy!

I just find out from my old friend that he needs face masks. I will need to sew some for him. There is a very funny story behind that & how I find out that he needs masks LOL.

Krys

Hello.

I spent most of the day reviewing information from my class on Tuesday and then a couple hours stressing out working on the assignment this week and then attended an online session for additional assistance. I really hope we can get back into our classrooms soon but I'm not expecting it to happen when we go back in August. The information from the class will be helpful for online teaching, I would just prefer to teach in person. Now I'm doing laundry and sewing a dress I cut out yesterday for my little granddaughter. My daughter asked for a few more face masks for some of her coworkers so hopefully I will get to those tomorrow. That's about it for me today. I hope you all are enjoying your day.

o i know krys i was awful upset then but it was a long time ago, and she isnt a sis in law anymore so now i tell the story in hopes of everyone else avoiding people like that lol or my lack of knowlede about them anyway !! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, USpolishgirl said:

If that would been me, I would said something to those people who destroyed your afghans (many days, weeks of your hard work). That is really SICK how people can do that??!.

I did not made many afghans in my life. BUT those what I made they are being taken very good care. I know that because I seen pictures many years later.

About 8 or 10 years ago I made a big afghan for old friend of the family. He is an older single guy lives in Arizona. He takes care of that blanket very well. He fallows my washing & drying instructions.  He uses that only at winter time. For summer time he folds that & stores in a plastic zip-up bag made for comforters, I sent that to him for storage. He even air-dry's that blanket :).

Before that afghan I crochet for him 3- "SKINNY" ties (he asked for that). He is wearing those ties to church every Sunday. It is unbelievable but to this time those ties looking brand new :). He is very proud of them at his church LOL. He was not able to go to his church for a while  because of that Virus. He is not happy about that.

What I am trying to say it is: IF that older single guy can take a such a good care of those hand made gifts WHAT IS WRONG with those woman that you mentioned above??. If they did not like that, they should told you that or give that away to someone else. But, not to destroy that! and than ask for another one??. Some people are just plain crazy!

I just find out from my old friend that he needs face masks. I will need to sew some for him. There is a very funny story behind that & how I find out that he needs masks LOL.

Krys

what a pleasant strory, kinda the flip side of mine lol  thanks!!

1 hour ago, cshort said:

Hello.

I spent most of the day reviewing information from my class on Tuesday and then a couple hours stressing out working on the assignment this week and then attended an online session for additional assistance. I really hope we can get back into our classrooms soon but I'm not expecting it to happen when we go back in August. The information from the class will be helpful for online teaching, I would just prefer to teach in person. Now I'm doing laundry and sewing a dress I cut out yesterday for my little granddaughter. My daughter asked for a few more face masks for some of her coworkers so hopefully I will get to those tomorrow. That's about it for me today. I hope you all are enjoying your day.

aw poor carol hang in there ok 

On 7/8/2020 at 3:19 PM, bgs said:

Great job Katie.  I am sure Pam is smiling down on you for continuing this project.

now that is a very pleasant thought thanks bgs   how is sis doing by bow  i hope shes better  abd jim ok!! are you and he going to adopt the little doggie?? You should lol   

On 7/8/2020 at 2:07 PM, USpolishgirl said:

WOW! that did not took long at all. You can make many of them per year.....!!! :)

Krys

l i dont know about that lo but thanks!!

• Like 1

On 7/8/2020 at 4:05 PM, greyhoundgrandma said:

Katie, it looks great! So colorful and cheerful!

oh thank you not bad for my first made with other than mine squares lol  well for this project i guess   

On 7/8/2020 at 2:07 PM, USpolishgirl said:

Krys

oh it washed bautiflly abd flattened out now as i knew it would  it is bagged and waiting for a box!!

Well Cshort, I am hearing on the local news that the school look like they are opening in August.  That will be good.  I was at the foot Dr. today and he said a couple of his friends can't wait for the little buggers to go back to school.  Must be driving the adults crazy by now.

Look as long as they keep the teachers away from each other, they should be ok.  I have seen reports that the kids don't pass it along and they don't have it.

Katy love the afghan.  I head about an afghan that was nailed to the garage window and another that was used to cover the lawn mower.  To say the least, they were never made any again.

Quite day and tomorrow is a day off.  Now one come and not going anywhere.

I stopped at the grocery store on the way home and still can't get corned beef.  Now that I can't get it, I want it.  UGH.

Have a great night.

2 hours ago, katyallen8090 said:

now that is a very pleasant thought thanks bgs   how is sis doing by bow  i hope shes better  abd jim ok!! are you and he going to adopt the little doggie?? You should lol   

Sis is doing better and better.  That huge incision has finally healed so hopefully in 6 months she can have the ostomy reversed.  Everyone including home health has had to acknowledge that applying the ostomy bag requires 4 hands in order for it to stay on for more than a couple of hours.  She might get started back to pt for the new knee and still tires easily.

Wesley the woodle will be moving soon.  Movers come a week from tomorrow and are adamant about no pets in house so neighbor asked dh if he would keep him for a few hours.  We are very sad to see him go.  Dredges up a lot of sadness about the barn cats we left behind, TC , Foxy, and Onery.   Neighbor and Wesley are moving about 400 miles away to live with her son.  Dont know how long unit will be empty.  Told dh maybe a Boston will move in.  

Edited by bgs