katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

in more pleasant news, bright sunshiney day, course the air you can wear is still here lol  and i think we are in for a bang up hot and humid fourth, so stay in, and wear a mask out ok,  protect yourself, protect others please        

Hello

Ratdog the baskets look good.

I was able to get everything on my grocery order this week, usually there are some things that have to be substituted or are not available at all. I'm hanging out at my oldest daughter's house today, not doing much but it's nice visiting with everyone. I might work on a sweater that I just started while were doing nothing.

I hope you are all enjoying your day.

Up at 6 this morning.  3 H's are making their appearance this morning.

Just a drive by to say Hi.

hi mj, how things down your way??we are good doing things to stay busy i guess  

just about done with the ghan for pine ridge and whew, what a job lol but l learned so much on this one you know lol  hope all stays safe, and calm for you all and ill see you later, take caew!!

4 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Up at 6 this morning.  3 H's are making their appearance this morning.

Just a drive by to say Hi.

yep air you wear here too  most humid season for a long time  

Popping in to say hello and hope you all have a great day.

Hi

Good early afternoon. Thought I would check in for a few.

How is everyone doing? Daughter is going in the Coronavirus test. Will see what it is. It sucks but life. It's been very interesting around here. I just stay home which is okay with me.. 

Good Afternoon!

All is well here. Waiting on a visit from our son and his friend ( our other 'son' who walks in the door shouting "hi mom hi dad!" ).

Probably having a Disney+ Hamilton watch party when they get here.

Hot and humid here.  We are on the edge of a thunderstorm right now.  Made a Menards run today as I needed a few things like filters for the air purifier and pulls for my dresser.  One decided to break.  They were only 52 years old.  Dont know why it couldnt have held out just a few more years when I wont need it anymore.  I went ahead and replaced them all.  New ones are much more user friendly especially for large old hands.  

Buttons came yesterday and for 8 cents per button I am happy with them.  I can keep making ear savers.  Ordered some yarn.  Hadnt purchased any for over a year.  Niece wants some more mats for the glass part in her round kitchen table and of course I do not have the right colors.  Her birthday is in Aug.  This is the one I made for her a couple of years ago.

20190308_152847.thumb.jpg.80921cb9fedb9184dcb3c261d1260de4.jpg

• Like 1

Nice Place-Mat!

Talking about "none usable" Place-Mats Set.  Few years ago I made for my daughter a Set: place-mats, pot holders, coasters. For her big table (with glass top) in her dining room. She wanted those place-mats in rectangular shape for her oval platters she uses. To this day she dos NOT want to use any of that!. About a year after I made that Set for her she asked me to make for her another Set (something plain, not that nice like this one). I asked her: Why?.  She told me: I can not use that!.  Because that Set is so nice my heart would break if something bad would happen to that. She needs to keep that Set looking nice the way it looks now!

I did started laughing when she told me that. And I told her she needs to use that, I did not made that to be siting on a shelf somewhere...LOL She told me: I use that!. I put that on a table sometimes for decoration BEFORE & AFTER we eat. When we are eating I  am taking that off that table.

She knows I sprayed couple times every piece with Fabric Protector so she will not need to wash that only wipe in case of food splatter or something..?. But, she still will NOT use that! LOL. Since I could not convince  her to change her mind, little later I did made for her 2 very plain place mats to make her happy :).

Here is a picture of that set. I did made two more coasters after that picture was taken.  That picture did not came out very good. It was taken in a "Rush time" LOL.

Krys

image.png

Edited by USpolishgirl
  • Like 2

Happy 4th of July!

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday. This one is definitely a little different. There will be no fireworks here. We'll just hang out at the house and possibly the pool. 

Brenda and Krys those are very pretty table sets.

Ratdog I have a some other "sons and daughters" who call me mom and now their kids call me nana. 

Sandra I hope all goes well with your daughter's test. I heard from a coworker/friend yesterday that he and his 3 college age kids are waiting for test results too.  

Have a great day everyone.

• Like 1

Just popping in to say hello :waving

Good morning.

Waiting for the sprinkler guy.  We have one that has decided to pop off and it gushes everytime the sprinklers are on.  We will have him check them all.

Tomorrow is someone coming over to give us a price on mulching.  I would love to mulch the whole back, then I would only have to have the front cut.  Oh well, maybe at another time.

Tree people should be here in about 4 to 5 weeks now.  I have to fit in the dentist for a cleaning in her some where.

Sounds busy, but not really.

Nice quite day yesterday till the sun when down, then all the fireworks and firecrackers and such started.  See they are legal here.  They even set up stores just to sell fireworks and such.

Fun time in Florida.

Have a great day.

1 hour ago, Tampa Doll said:

Good morning.

Waiting for the sprinkler guy.  We have one that has decided to pop off and it gushes everytime the sprinklers are on.  We will have him check them all.

Tomorrow is someone coming over to give us a price on mulching.  I would love to mulch the whole back, then I would only have to have the front cut.  Oh well, maybe at another time.

Tree people should be here in about 4 to 5 weeks now.  I have to fit in the dentist for a cleaning in her some where.

Sounds busy, but not really.

Nice quite day yesterday till the sun when down, then all the fireworks and firecrackers and such started.  See they are legal here.  They even set up stores just to sell fireworks and such.

Fun time in Florida.

Have a great day.

Well,  the 3 H's have played havoc on my brain.  Today is Sunday, so no sprinkler people till tomorrow.  Tuesday is the mulching people.

I must stay inside today.

• Haha 1

good morning

the days run together here real bad also, when we do our puzzles at lunch time, I write the day and date

not much is going on, just one day at a time staying safe

Hot and humid here too.  Yesterday afternoon a pretty heavy thunderstorm blew thru.  Lots of fireworks in distance all around last couple of nights and I think they are letting them shoot them off tonight.  

Wesley the woodle is moving.  Neighbor has decided to move in with her son.  She has been trying to decide what to do for past couple of years but after a fender bender and then a week later a couple of nights in the hospital she said its time.   We were just starting to get to know her.

Got my painting done and submitted the photo as requested and got my airplant set up.  Painting was for the 4th and theme was the flag.  I found a painting tutorial for this one and muddled thru-----I cant paint or draw from my head but can sometimes copy.

20200705_103619.thumb.jpg.393d5bfc331e48d07567e989dc7b6141.jpg20200704_162340.thumb.jpg.fd5add0c43f3529b44fdb0d1d3695af2.jpg

2 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Well,  the 3 H's have played havoc on my brain.  Today is Sunday, so no sprinkler people till tomorrow.  Tuesday is the mulching people.

That happens to many people this days.. In your instance you GAIN one day, that is great.   Happen to me couple times, both times I LOST one day LOL. 

Bgs, I like that airplant you set-up :).  That flag looks nice too.

good morning

the 3 H's again

Bgs, that painting is sooooooooo beautiful, I'm not a painter either but enjoy seeing other people's work

Good morning.

Brenda your flag painting looks wonderful.

My days have been a little off since summer break started but I'll get back on track when school starts again.

I will be heading home from my daughter's house today. It's been a nice visit and I will miss everyone but I need to be home to take care of my other granddaughter tomorrow. 

I hope you all have a wonderful day.

On 7/3/2020 at 10:58 AM, cshort said:

Popping in to say hello and hope you all have a great day.

thanks Carol you too  

On 7/5/2020 at 10:55 AM, bgs said:

Hot and humid here too.  Yesterday afternoon a pretty heavy thunderstorm blew thru.  Lots of fireworks in distance all around last couple of nights and I think they are letting them shoot them off tonight.  

Wesley the woodle is moving.  Neighbor has decided to move in with her son.  She has been trying to decide what to do for past couple of years but after a fender bender and then a week later a couple of nights in the hospital she said its time.   We were just starting to get to know her.

Got my painting done and submitted the photo as requested and got my airplant set up.  Painting was for the 4th and theme was the flag.  I found a painting tutorial for this one and muddled thru-----I cant paint or draw from my head but can sometimes copy.

20200705_103619.thumb.jpg.393d5bfc331e48d07567e989dc7b6141.jpg20200704_162340.thumb.jpg.fd5add0c43f3529b44fdb0d1d3695af2.jpg

that is very nice bgs  

On 7/3/2020 at 8:59 PM, USpolishgirl said:

Nice Place-Mat!

Talking about "none usable" Place-Mats Set.  Few years ago I made for my daughter a Set: place-mats, pot holders, coasters. For her big table (with glass top) in her dining room. She wanted those place-mats in rectangular shape for her oval platters she uses. To this day she dos NOT want to use any of that!. About a year after I made that Set for her she asked me to make for her another Set (something plain, not that nice like this one). I asked her: Why?.  She told me: I can not use that!.  Because that Set is so nice my heart would break if something bad would happen to that. She needs to keep that Set looking nice the way it looks now!

I did started laughing when she told me that. And I told her she needs to use that, I did not made that to be siting on a shelf somewhere...LOL She told me: I use that!. I put that on a table sometimes for decoration BEFORE & AFTER we eat. When we are eating I  am taking that off that table.

She knows I sprayed couple times every piece with Fabric Protector so she will not need to wash that only wipe in case of food splatter or something..?. But, she still will NOT use that! LOL. Since I could not convince  her to change her mind, little later I did made for her 2 very plain place mats to make her happy :).

Here is a picture of that set. I did made two more coasters after that picture was taken.  That picture did not came out very good. It was taken in a "Rush time" LOL.

Krys

image.png

very nice!!

• Like 1

On 7/3/2020 at 5:46 PM, bgs said:

Hot and humid here.  We are on the edge of a thunderstorm right now.  Made a Menards run today as I needed a few things like filters for the air purifier and pulls for my dresser.  One decided to break.  They were only 52 years old.  Dont know why it couldnt have held out just a few more years when I wont need it anymore.  I went ahead and replaced them all.  New ones are much more user friendly especially for large old hands.  

Buttons came yesterday and for 8 cents per button I am happy with them.  I can keep making ear savers.  Ordered some yarn.  Hadnt purchased any for over a year.  Niece wants some more mats for the glass part in her round kitchen table and of course I do not have the right colors.  Her birthday is in Aug.  This is the one I made for her a couple of years ago.

20190308_152847.thumb.jpg.80921cb9fedb9184dcb3c261d1260de4.jpg

oh pretty i recognize that pattern!!