katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

Good morning.

I'm popping in early before my little granddaughter gets here and my day gets busy.

My grocery bags usually just get shoved in a kitchen drawer. Right now that drawer is just about empty because I've been throwing the bags away since all this covid 19 mess started.

I finished smocking one of the inserts yesterday now I need to make the romper to put it in, maybe tomorrow.

They're closing the beaches in my county for the holiday weekend, July 3-5. But the businesses along the beaches can remain open. 

That's about it for me. Have a great day.

How is everyone doing with the Saharan dust cloud?  Its sending my allergies into super high gear.  It is really bothering my eyes and breathing.  At one point I thought I might wind up in the ER as I just could not breathe.

100 more ear savers turned in.  Thats probably it until I come across more buttons.  

On 6/28/2020 at 1:57 AM, bgs said:

I have been here just not posting much.  Everything is fine.

well i sense it isnt, but still happy to see your post  how is sis doing?? is jim still feeding the strays and walking the dog lol  he does love animals huh  i could for me, not be with anyone that doesn't you know    they have always been a huge part of our lives and i still mourn the ones that have passed   

stifling heat and humidity, its as i call it outside, air, you wear lol oh got our new tv and dont be struck by the shock of what im going to say next lol  we set it up, connected cable, and roku right up to it with little or very minute troubles!! and everything is working just fine and the pic is excellent, big and clear as a bell!!   im a happy camper  i didnt wanna ask daughter and son in law to come do it just didnt want to bother them so we decided to try ourselves figuring, well if we cant get this, we will just re-hook up the littler one again and wait for the kids lol but we did it, and we are both proud as  peacocks, we did too!! we always have left that tekki stuff up to the kids to do lol  

that dust from the Sahara has finally reached Nebraska, and makes it look like there is  dirty smoke in the air..  i wonder what sort of bugs and viruses  that is carrying here as well ?? 

Daughters boss's test came back negative so daughter dodged  a bullet there thank goodness    

well other than that ladies, keep well and stand with me in the truth that we will beat this    United we stand !   ok all for now love ya all in case you all didnt already know that lol  ❤🧡💛💙💚

u  

Edited by katyallen8090

40 minutes ago, bgs said:

How is everyone doing with the Saharan dust cloud?  Its sending my allergies into super high gear.  It is really bothering my eyes and breathing.  At one point I thought I might wind up in the ER as I just could not breathe.

100 more ear savers turned in.  Thats probably it until I come across more buttons.  

oh i had some buttons perfect for that but gave them away sorry  lol  bout a year ago i guess as i didnt figure i would use them all   

you can order all sizes of buttons online too, so check that out    

I know as handy has trouble breathing this time of the year anyway, with the fireworks and all a couple years in a row he has had to go in for a breathing treatment and an  rescue inhaler too so now he just stays in away from it !  my eyes have been crazy too i ordered some of that one drop a day Pataday, and really, that helps a lot with the itching!!

Edited by katyallen8090

these are the ones i ordered i believe  7.00 bucks for all these buttons  

thttps://www.amazon.com/Assorted-Childrens-Painting-Handmade-Ornament/dp/B076FLR6X1/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=bigger+buttons&qid=1593456657&sr=8-5hose, good deal  '

The Saraha dust seems to be staying away from us, or I just can't see it.  I stay indooors this time of year, as the pollen is to bad for me.  My nieighbor has a gardinia tree that is in full bloom and as soon as I step outback, the smell hits me.  So inside I stay.

All you all that are being affected, perhaps this stay at home is a blessing.

Kathy, I do hope Handy does not need the rescue inhaller to often, or the treatment.

Well, almost done the catcus square.  

Have fun.

Made a plarn basket. I used rings made from wire hangers to give it stability. I am going to put it next to my bed before the next allergy flare or cold hits. 

Also good news. My sons covid test came back negative.

1593471152564-1026479218.jpg

Edited by ratdog

Good morning.

My allergies were bothering me over the weekend but I seem to be ok now, I haven't been outside either so that is probably helping. I'm hoping to do some sewing this morning. This afternoon I start an online class to teach me how to teach online. I'm hoping to be back in my classroom in August but the way things are going I'm not sure it's going to happen. 

Ratdog I'm glad your son's test was negative.

I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Good Morning.  

Ratdog good new about your son.

Can't figure out what the heck is going on.  Everyone has a different opinion as to whether to open or not for the 4th.  Some are even closing the beaches.  The big problem is people are tired of being holed up at home.  You can see it on the TV reporters and such.

Oh well, I am enjoying staying in, as it is to hot to be out there.

I have 2 panels done and waiting for my yarn that will be in tomorrow. 

Time to change the table and tree for July.

Have a fun day.

good morning

the dust cloud was to be here Sunday, don't recall any difficulties, I think it passed this area to the north and  I'm okay with that, I'm having enough trouble breathing with this heavy high humidity

stay safe

So glad to see blue sky today along with a brief rain shower.

Good Morning.  Sun is up, but it is hazy and cloudy today.  I don't see any blue skys.

Today I get my yarn, and hopefully this green will not be so bright.

Just wanted to pop in and say Hi!

Good morning! Another day of nothing planned. Working on a second plarn project. Its very slow working with that stuff. But at least the plastic bags taking over the kitchen closet are greatly reduced! 

I saw this and jsut cracked up.  Thought you could use a chuckle.

crochet cracker.jpg

Hello.

Thanks for the laugh Mary Jo.

It was very sunny and hot here this morning but we didn't get in the pool because the lawn guys were here working, so we baked brownines and played. Now it's thundering so I don't know if we'll get to go swimming after nap time either. Not much else happening here. 

Have a good day everyone.

good afternoon

just strolling by,we could use a good light rain, not 3 inches in a 2 hr time frame like last week

stay safe

On 6/29/2020 at 5:53 PM, ratdog said:

Made a plarn basket. I used rings made from wire hangers to give it stability. I am going to put it next to my bed before the next allergy flare or cold hits. 

Also good news. My sons covid test came back negative.

1593471152564-1026479218.jpg

good news on both counts   happy he was negative, nice basket!!

4 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

I saw this and jsut cracked up.  Thought you could use a chuckle.

crochet cracker.jpg

hahaha me too how funny, crackers me up too!!💙💚

On 6/30/2020 at 10:25 AM, pineknott said:

good morning

the dust cloud was to be here Sunday, don't recall any difficulties, I think it passed this area to the north and  I'm okay with that, I'm having enough trouble breathing with this heavy high humidity

stay safe

yea here too day after day, but    we are alive,!! right!!

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2020 at 10:49 AM, USpolishgirl said:

Because I like my work to go FAST. Not to bother with  a LOT of tiny stitches.....

I AGREE with you!  Even though I'm retired and now have all the time in the world--I have added so many patterns to my collection that I'm afraid I won't live long enough to do them all!!!

• Like 1

Love the basket and what you started and ran out of plarn for.  My bags over here are brown only.  We don't get the fancy colored ones.

Went out this morning at 8:30 to the store.  No lunch meat only cheese and chicken and turkey.  No roast beef, cornedbeef or salami.  

Lots of the shelves are empty.  No lysol.

been there dont that tampa  we ordered meat from Just good meats early on, as we expected same here with all the processing plants down almost  we did get caught in the bathroom tissue dept on the non existent end of that, but finally got some later on and put my paper napkins, and boxes of kleenex away then lol  i know i know too much info lol  hanf in lady. it is going ro prolly get worse, be7fore it gets better huh  my sincere hope  for you all stay well throughout this  as i hope that for all our members here, and friends and families beyond United we stand, we are stronger than it is        

Edited by katyallen8090