katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

Going to see a friend for back porch coffee visit this afternoon.

The restaurant my son works at has shut down becaise 2 employees tested positive. Hopefully they will reopen soon.

Hello.

Katy your cleaning made me tired.

Lyn I was amused by it too, maybe we've been inside for too long.

Mary Jo we have the heat advisory again today. Right now it's 91 with heat index of 102.

Ratdog I hope your son stays safe and healthy. Hopefully the restaurant will reopen quickly.

My daughter took 2 days off from work because her asthma and allergies were acting up because of all the packing and cleaning she is doing to get their house ready to sell and because of the Saharan Dust that is hanging over us. So she went back to work at the hospital yesterday and they required a covid test and sent her home. The test was negative so she will be back to work.

I'm pleating fabrics to do some smocking and doing laundry today. 

Have a good day.

• Like 1

well sorry about that ratdog, hope he stays healthy Carol always busy making something pretty lol 

mj how did it go with the tree people?? still i hear no word from Bgs?? has anyone?

getting very concerned about them,   anyone??  

Edited by katyallen8090

I am here. 

Been working on squares for an baby blanket for my SIL.  Her daughter's daughter is going to have a baby in Nov. I think.

Anyway, I have to make Llama's as that is her theme.

Ratdog, I do hope you had a nice visit. Also, keeping my fingers crossed for you son and his job.

I e-mailed Brenda, just waiting to hear back. I will let you know what I hear.

Well they gave us an estimate for the trees and it is less than last year, guess cause the trees are smaller than when they cut them last year.  Anyway, we are in the que for maybe 5 or 6 weeks.  Could be earlier, if they can make room. So one thing off the lest and on to the next.

Ordered a pizza, instead of heating up the kitchen.  

Well, back to my squares.

Have fun.

9 minutes ago, Tampa Doll said:

I am here. 

Been working on squares for an baby blanket for my SIL.  Her daughter's daughter is going to have a baby in Nov. I think.

Anyway, I have to make Llama's as that is her theme.

Ratdog, I do hope you had a nice visit. Also, keeping my fingers crossed for you son and his job.

I e-mailed Brenda, just waiting to hear back. I will let you know what I hear.

Well they gave us an estimate for the trees and it is less than last year, guess cause the trees are smaller than when they cut them last year.  Anyway, we are in the que for maybe 5 or 6 weeks.  Could be earlier, if they can make room. So one thing off the lest and on to the next.

Ordered a pizza, instead of heating up the kitchen.  

Well, back to my squares.

Have fun.

oh good on the trees cost bad on the wait lol  squares huh, what pattern are you doing ?? Im always lookin to improve what skills i might have lol   glad to hear you and dh are doing ok and i hope lyn and brenda are ok  its odd not to see a pineknot post first on the board  ???  starting to get a little worried about all of you!!  

Actually I guess you could call them sections.  They are 70 stitches by 80 rows.  Doing them with DK yarn and an F hook.  They have a Llama on them.  it is like a mini graph ghan. 

This is the one I am working on now.  The other has a cactus and another has a different llama.  I will dicide witch one to use with the llama when I have all three done.

img009.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, katyallen8090 said:

still i hear no word from Bgs?? has anyone?

getting very concerned about them,   anyone?? 

I think Bgs if fine, she was here (C'ville) about one hour ago. She is probably busy crocheting "ear savers" 

Good morning.

I was up before 5 this morning, I might need a little nap later. 

Mary Jo the llama looks really cute, I can't wait to see the finished afghan.

I got fabric pleated for 4 smocking projects yesterday. I might have actually started stitching but I kept getting distracted with other pretties in the magazines I'm using for the projects. And I had to stop a place an order for a pattern that I came across in one of the magazines, it's exactly what I've been looking for. So today I will be stitching, the first project is a little smocked train to go in a romper for my littlest grandson. 

That's about it for my little corner of the world. Hope you all have a great day.

Good Morning.

Wow Smocking.  My Mom use to do that on our dresses when we were little.  I wish I had of saved some of them.

Ok I do not know what is going on, but I ordered some (sorry) more yaryn yesterday, as the gree I was using is to bright.  Anyway,  I ordered it yesterday morning and at 2 pm I got an e-mail telling me it is on the way.:eek  Now that is fast service.  I like the prices on LoveCrafts and the shipping is $4.95.  Can't beat that.

Well off to get the first cup of coffee and work on my blanket.

Have a fun and safe day.  Stay healthy.

Good morning. Up early here too. Nice visit yesterday. Started with my friend and I having coffee ended up with husbands joining us and dinner from the Thai restaurant. The most socialization Ive had in 3 months!

Started making plarn yesterday. Not sure why, just so bored I needed a project, any project, that didnt cost money.

14 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Actually I guess you could call them sections.  They are 70 stitches by 80 rows.  Doing them with DK yarn and an F hook.  They have a Llama on them.  it is like a mini graph ghan. 

This is the one I am working on now.  The other has a cactus and another has a different llama.  I will dicide witch one to use with the llama when I have all three done.

Here is a beautiful Amigurumi Liama to go with your theme. It will be to big for baby to play with. For the first year or two would look great just sitting on a dresser  in a baby room as a decoration. I think that is a nicest LIama I ever seen. I might make that after my grandkids will go back to school. That is a Free pattern.

image.png.c251376944a80ecfa2d75848f1d936fc.png

• Like 1

good morning

that llama is so cute, thanks for sharing that,USpolishgirl

its extreme heat here today, stay safe

• Like 1

Yeah, USPolighgirl.  I saved that pattern a while ago.  Yeah, it is to big, so I found another that is just as nice.

Ratdog, glad you had a nice day yesterday.  I wish I could work with plarn, but my hands won't allow me.  I am getting paid for the llama and blanket.  I am just charging my SIL for the yarn.  DH asked why I am charging her, just give it to her.  I explained that with her paying for the yarn, the gift is really from her.

Well, enough fussing, must get back to my crocheting.

Tampa, there are couple ways to make that smaller. a) using thinner yarn, maybe a Sport weight yarn b) As for me I could downsize - "re-do"  that pattern. It would be looking the same only smaller version and crochet with same weight of yarn #4. Because I like my work to go FAST. Not to bother with  a LOT of tiny stitches.....That original size is great for kids over about 2 or 3 years old. They just love to carry around those bigger soft toys. Like I said when they are little babies it is a great decor for their room.

Four years ago I made a Set for my friend baby granddaughter. I made that doll a LOT bigger, it was siting on her dresser for first couple years as a decor. Now she is 4 years old, she is still carrying that doll everywhere with her.... That big Amigurumi doll is getting a lot of usage for many  years...

Edited by USpolishgirl

On 6/26/2020 at 2:03 PM, katyallen8090 said:

still i hear no word from Bgs?? has anyone?

I have been here just not posting much.  Everything is fine.

good morning

another 3 H 's here plus the Sharan dust cloud

not much going on, just plugging along

stay safe

Well, glad we didn't have to track down Brenda.......

I can see the headlines now..." Group of masked hookers take over MO"

Trying to get my tummy issues under control.... my aunt diagnosed it as stress....LOL

made a list of things to crochet for folks for Christmas since there are a billion of us.... found the cutest coin purse pattern and got the clasp part at Amazon  came in a pack of 5...... all the DILs  will get one...

Our local library started a zoom chat for fiber arts  on Friday so I tried it out.... somehow I don't think its for me...

They were all much younger then I was, and as they were doing their projects ( mostly knitting), they talked about their  favorite designers for these very intricate wearables with hand dyed yarns that cost about 20.00 or more a skein when I looked it up...

They asked what I was working on and told them a plastic bag holder for my inlaws cause they always have a ton of them.....there was a faint audible gasp that someone in this day and age would still use plastic.....

They were sipping herbal tea and munching on sea salted seaweed....I was drinking Lipton, eating a tuna salad sand. ( points because it was gluten free..subtract points because it was from a can not certified so it might have mercury)

...just thinking this is not the group for me....

Hot, humid,  bad air quality from the sahara dust storm,  could be worse.....

• Haha 1

:rofl:rofl Oh man Lea, thanks for the laugh.  It reminded me one day when I got a grocery order delivered, the girl appologized because it was in plastic bags.  She said the store ran out of the paper.  Do these people not realize that the more paper bags they use, the more trees they cut down?  Trees give us oxygen.

I can see us now hooks and yarn in hand with our mask of many colors. :rofl  I can see us on the news asking what we are protesting.

I needed the laugh.  One of these days I am going to get the T that says, " I crochet so I do not strangel someone."  It is a toss between that one and "I may crochet, but my real hobby is collecting yarn.":rofl

Well, we have lots of clouds, but no rain in sight.  I think we have some of that cloud, as they are asking people with allergies and asthma and other lung problems to stay indoors.

That is my day and again Lea, thanks for the laugh.

Well, i just finished turning about 80 or so plastic bags into plarn. (Had to keep some plastic grocery bags to line the bathroom trash cans but, the kitchen closet is much cleaner now. 

Actually Im surprised it was only about 80 or so bags it seemed like so many more stuffed into the closet

Not sure what I am going to make with the plarn yet.

Maybe some baskets.

Hello. Not much happening here today. I hope you are all having a good day.

3 hours ago, ratdog said:

Well, i just finished turning about 80 or so plastic bags into plarn. (Had to keep some plastic grocery bags to line the bathroom trash cans but, the kitchen closet is much cleaner now. 

Actually Im surprised it was only about 80 or so bags it seemed like so many more stuffed into the closet

Not sure what I am going to make with the plarn yet.

Maybe some baskets.

We started folding bags like this----amazing how much less space they take up.

https://www.creeklinehouse.com/fold-grocery-bags/

Oh lea 

thanks for the chuckle about the masked hookers

Rene' found a plarn bag at the thrift store in the late 90's, that thing bit the dust about two yrs ago,I try to save bags to make plarn, but someone scoops them up here and brings them to recycle at Food Lion, I was only able to lay claim to their blue ones, they are saved for me.