katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

We have the My Pillow. Honestly they are not that great (although being able to wash them is a plus) the nature of the filling makes them a bit lumpy. 

We will be replacing them when this pandemic is over and I get back to work.

good morning

yesterday across the tv screen I noticed flash flood warnings, well yep I guess that happens when you get 3 inches in a short amount of time

stay safe

Good morning.

I hope you are all enjoying your day.

I attended church online this morning and my groceries were delivered before church. I have the 2nd load of laundry in the washer, so I guess it's been a pretty productive morning. I'm still sewing doll clothes for my granddaughter. I'm going to make chili and cornbread for dinner tonight, it's one of my dad's favorite meals. It's hot and humid here but that's the norm for this time of year. 

Lyn I hope the weather is better and that the floods didn't cause any damage.

Have a great day everyone.

I bought  3 sets =6  of My Pillows on Line. We all like them. They were sold by pairs.

They wash very well, it takes long time to dry them (3 cycles in dryer). I do not think that fabric will last 10 years LOL. It is little thin.

I bought each pair at different time. Not all of them are made exactly the same. First two pairs I bought they are made with thinner fabric, third pair is made with a little thicker fabric. BUT, that third pair right after I received I knew they were little different in size. The length  was almost the same but the height was little smaller. Than I realized that third pair did not had "gussets" on sides. I ordered ALL of them the same size. I am not crazy about that third  "narrower" pair,  because of that they are constantly sliding out of pillow cases.

One more thing. Two pairs of those pillows do not have a piping on seams only one pair got that piping. I really do not care about that piping I would prefer to have those "gussets" on those pillows, would make them a little bigger in high like the other pillows.

Yes, I will buy more of them after those will fall apart.

I think now he is selling them little cheaper, I am not sure how much cheaper..?.

Krys

I was just wondering.  I find, first the price a little stiff for pillows.  Second they are just foam cut or ripped into pieces.  I do have to be careful and buy the foam, as I am allergice to feathers.  I was basicly just curious.  When we can go into the stores again, I do have to buy a couple new ones, as mine are as thin as a postage stamp.

Good Morning.  A little cloudy today, but not bad. Temps will be in the high 80 to 90.

Lyn, I hope the flooding missed you, or actually there was none.

Well, off to make breakfast. Have a good day.

Good Morning.

Not much going on here today.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Thru all my years I tried very expensive pillows , cheap pillows and anything in between.  My Pillow is the best pillows I came across so far. It is made out of foam pieces, that might sound little cheap. But those pillows works. 

Many years ago I had a sofa & love seat (Set). Back pillows they were big & many of them on each sofa. Those big pillows were instead of back cushions. After many years I opened up one of those pillows/cushions because I was wondering WHY those back pillows/cushions never got really flat??. They were stuffed with the same small pieces of foam. The same as are "My Pillow". The only difference was there was a lot more of those foam pieces stuffed. That is why they were harder suitable  to provide enough support as back cushions. I even saved 2 of those back cushions to make for my daughter decorative pillows, to use that as forms for inside.. Because I knew I will not be able to buy anything like that. The others go flat after while.

About 3 years ago I bought a new Set (sofa & love seat). I hate that set!. I hate those bottom & back cushions, they do not feel comfortable. And that was expensive set :(.. I even was thinking to get in touch with that CEO of "My Pillow" and ask him if I could buy a LOT of his "stuffing" same as he using in his pillows. I want to open up those back cushions and throw out those very hard "forms" from inside and stuff them with the same stuffing as is in "My Pillow". I would need to stuff a LOT of that stuff to each of those back cushions. I am not sure if I am going to do that?. Because I hate those cushions what I  have to seat on :(. Those "Memory cushions" they feel like a  concrete!. I wish I never bought that Set. I might need to sell that and try to buy something that normal people can seat on it! LOL.

Since everything comes from China now it is hard to find something good, like we use to have in this country. I think I broke my ass because of those new sofa's ! LOL

Krys

Mary Jo I think you have the right idea about going out into the stores to try them.  I like buying US made stuff when we can.  I found a brand of US made bath towels I love and knowing the brand I'd order again online, but if they discontinued I'd want to go back to the store to try them again before buying if that makes any sense.

I find pillows to be even more challenging because I like a specific level of support and not every pillow does that. 

On 6/20/2020 at 3:58 PM, Tampa Doll said:

Hey everyone.  Yeah the lip is fine.  I am going to wait a couple of weeks before I go for the deep cleaning, it includes more numbing.

Katy, did you say at one time that you got a My Pillow?  How is it?  I am wondering if it is worth the price.

3H's and it is officially Summer.

Have a good night.

i did mj, and i am happy with them they sure dont really go flat ever, i have not tried washing or drying them yet, but they say you can  i think i got the over stuffed ones too soo ...  lol  

Good Morning.

Up before the sun this morning.  Waiting for the sun, so I can do some cleaning.

Looks like another hot one for us today.

Have a fun day.

Good morning.

I'm spending the day with my granddaughter so lots of playing and maybe some swimming today.

Have a great day everyone.

good morning

so tired of rain, it needs to go to another state, the lightning was right over our area for a long time, but no power glitches, thank goodness

stay safe

hi all  nice morning however starting to cloud up a bit but i hear we are still running a deficit on rain so i dont know  lol  who knows  lol 

couple questions for you all regarding making granny square lol  first tip, i always use a hard ruler to measure each one before i ever even pack it I dont use a measuring tape as it is not usually right lol  second , what hook do you all use, my favorite is the h hook and the pattern is usually a 

perfect 6 by 6 when completed  Thirdly might i say i have learned so much from putting one together for Pams cause than i thought possible lol  and getting to see others pretty work and colors and stuff really has been  a nice part of it too.. However, uh oh ;lol  i do have new respect for her, making all those afghans and i am still not real fond of sewing them together, lol  but i muddle through knowing that this will someday soon be able to take the chill off a snowy winters day in S. dakota lol  and so, the plodding goes on, the ghan grows in length, the ends add up lol  but it  is  worth it to me, yep a  self proclaimed perfectionist to finish it, and finish it to the very best of my ability lol    sigh      

So, favorite hook you use, and what stitch do you use for attaching them i am using the mattress stitch for this one, and stress testing all my seams as i go lol  I want it to last a long time  ok nuff said talk to you soon  thanks for your opinions!!   oh and would you launder it first before sending??

Edited by katyallen8090

I didn't realize how MIA I had been! I am straight up going to say my anxiety levels are through the roof!  I am sort of in robot mode... I ave nbeen doing a bit of crochet while home bound, Princess Amelia making her appearance Sept 3, so good to have another girl in the family,  Her theme is " giraffes" ( I didn't know babies had a theme)  so I have done a couple things... another grand due in Dec from our youngest...

We have had riota, monuments topple, covid increases.... they say you will come thru this either a hunk, a chuck or a drunk...... I can tell you I will not be a hunk...

Thinking of you all even if the days slip by so quickly.... and hugs to you all\\

• Haha 1

Good morning.

Lea new babies are so exciting. I have a new niece due in October and my youngest daughter and her hubby are talking about having a second baby soon. 

Katy I think I usually use a I hook for my granny squares and sew them with a whip stitch or  single crochet them together.

Lyn I hope you are getting some better weather.

It should be a quiet day here, no little one today. But she left me a to do list and fabrics for doll dresses she wants so I won't be bored today.

That's about it for me this morning. Have a great day. 

Ah Lea, consider yourself lucky.  You get Giraffes, I got Llamas.  It seems to be the thing now to have themes.  Who the heck picks Llamas?  Anyway it is for my SIL who's youngest daughter is going to be a Grandmother for the first time.

A little cloudy today.  We called the tree people.  They will be here tomorrow to give us an estimate. After the trees will be the power washers.  I have to give in to the cleaning people, I tried to clean yesterday and today I am feeling the pain.  It is a B--ch getting old. 

Well, the chunk won't be here, as after the last Dr. appointment, both DH and I lost weight.

Off to finish my Gonk for the 4th of July.

Have a great day.

18 hours ago, minwifeof4boys said:

I didn't realize how MIA I had been! I am straight up going to say my anxiety levels are through the roof!  I am sort of in robot mode... I ave nbeen doing a bit of crochet while home bound, Princess Amelia making her appearance Sept 3, so good to have another girl in the family,  Her theme is " giraffes" ( I didn't know babies had a theme)  so I have done a couple things... another grand due in Dec from our youngest...

We have had riota, monuments topple, covid increases.... they say you will come thru this either a hunk, a chuck or a drunk...... I can tell you I will not be a hunk...

Thinking of you all even if the days slip by so quickly.... and hugs to you all\\

we are all in a high alert mode so i feel you there kea  two grands coing though

huh, , how cool    

nothing much here either other than covid still, and un rest it seems now and then and heat lol   feel better lea, dont let the world do you in!! we are stronger than that, right!!United we stand !!     

2 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Ah Lea, consider yourself lucky.  You get Giraffes, I got Llamas.  It seems to be the thing now to have themes.  Who the heck picks Llamas?  Anyway it is for my SIL who's youngest daughter is going to be a Grandmother for the first time.

A little cloudy today.  We called the tree people.  They will be here tomorrow to give us an estimate. After the trees will be the power washers.  I have to give in to the cleaning people, I tried to clean yesterday and today I am feeling the pain.  It is a B--ch getting old. 

Well, the chunk won't be here, as after the last Dr. appointment, both DH and I lost weight.

Off to finish my Gonk for the 4th of July.

Have a great day.

Gonk huh   lol  

Good morning.

I'm awake too early this morning. It's already hot here with a heat advisory in place for this afternoon. I think my granddaughter and I will go out in the pool this morning and stay inside this afternoon. Not much else going on here today. I turned the news on this morning and it's the same news that I watched yesterday, nothing encouraging, I think I'll change the channel. I think I'll go play with some yarn until the little princess gets here.

Hope you all have a great day.

Up at 6 this morning.  Can't sleep.

Got the tree guys coming for an estimate today, but that is not till 1.

3 H's are going to make an appearance today.

Have a fund day.

well hello all  hot here too, we either get rain or heat lol  

got a lot of stuff done today, so i feel good about that lol  some days just roll by others i really feel good accomplishments lol  so cleaned up my messes from seaming and trimming threads ect in the craft room and vacuumed thoughly lol moved what i could out and did under it too lol  dusted the ceiling fan and the blinds, moved my chair out, found a chip clip. and a size h crochet hook and a yarn needle lol  been a good day!!

hope you all are taking precautions if you venture far you kbow, better safe than sorry, better paranoid than dead right???   think about it   

all for now stay safe.  

wonderful news on the grands, Lea

all I could think of was a Chunky Drunk Hunk, yep doesn't take much to amuse me these days,

had a good hardy laugh this afternoon, Bill said the president said the Chesapeake campus of TCC was closed because someone tested positive for covid19, he ( Bill ) is at the Portsmouth campus, I said how does Trump know thats going on here,does he have someone there? He said you only half heard what I said... the president of TCC said that campus was closed, Oppppppppppps

• Haha 1

HEY TAMPA DOLL (sorry to shout)

Saw a My Pillow commercial today. (Mypillow.com)

Promo code 800 if you need it.

I have had decided to wait till I can go into the store to get my pillows.  Thanks anyway Ratdog.  I will keep folding mine up.:rofl

They are talking into the 90's with a feels like of 100 to 112.  Heat Advisory warning up.  Guess that is why the AC has hardly shut off.

Have fun today.