katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

On 6/10/2020 at 7:59 PM, pineknott said:

we delivered 100 masks today, 50 each to two nursing home, the place Rene' chose to give were iffy about taking them, sheez, the place I donated practically did somersaults and were jumping up and down with joy, now helping her out with her church group's Maskforce,they only took it over the beginning of June  and they have already made and donated 2,000 masks to the community, I think the Va. Beach group had made between 5,000 to  7,000,guess they needed a break

OMG! 100 masks that is a LOT!. You probably need a break too.

I made only 16 of them for my friend & her family and that was enough for me! LOL. 

Krys

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Pineknott, some people are being strange about being given things.  I have several stuffies here waiting to find a home.

I think there is a big difference between between needed masks & Amigurumi-stuffies. That is when it comes people wanting  something or not.  I do not think many people like to wear those masks. They want them because they need to wear them. 

When it comes to crochet stuff many people just do not care about that and I am one of them LOL. I do like to crochet stuff specially Amigurumi. BUT, I do not like to keep that in my house (I have couple little items I crochet in a 1 shoe box put away).  I do know that might sound very strange to some people here to understand that someone like me who like to crochet but do not like to keep any of that.  My daughter & my granddaughters, my friend they love that crochet stuff.  I just do not like to use anything crochet in my house. And if someone would gifted to me anything crochet they better believe that I would give that away :).

Krys

Edited by USpolishgirl

Good afternoon.  I saw the Dr. a while ago and my A1C is down to 6.9 from 7.6 last time I saw him.  I am also down 21 lbs. since I saw him, so it was a very good visit.  

The sun is shinning and back up to 92 today.

We got rain yesterday afternoon and when I went to put the trash out aobut 7:30, I saw a double rainbow.  The one was bright and the other was a little on the pale side, but it was so cool to see them.  More rain today, so we are in the summer pattern for rain.  Rain in the afternoon or evening.

Have a fun day.

45 minutes ago, Tampa Doll said:

We got rain yesterday afternoon and when I went to put the trash out aobut 7:30, I saw a double rainbow.  The one was bright and the other was a little on the pale side, but it was so cool to see them.  More rain today, so we are in the summer pattern for rain.  Rain in the afternoon or evening.

Have a fun day.

This double rainbow was also visible in southern Indiana!!The same description, too!

4 hours ago, USpolishgirl said:

I think there is a big difference between between needed masks & Amigurumi-stuffies. That is when it comes people wanting  something or not.  I do not think many people like to wear those masks. They want them because they need to wear them. 

When it comes to crochet stuff many people just do not care about that and I am one of them LOL. I do like to crochet stuff specially Amigurumi. BUT, I do not like to keep that in my house (I have couple little items I crochet in a 1 shoe box put away).  I do know that might sound very strange to some people here to understand that someone like me who like to crochet but do not like to keep any of that.  My daughter & my granddaughters, my friend they love that crochet stuff.  I just do not like to use anything crochet in my house. And if someone would gifted to me anything crochet they better believe that I would give that away :).

Krys

I'm the same way, Krys!  I don't think I've made anything for myself for years!!  Everything I crochet goes for gifts, or sold to other people!  Oh!!  I forgot--I use 2 crocheted tote bags that I made!  I carry ongoing projects in them when I travel.

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2020 at 12:13 PM, USpolishgirl said:

This is a third time you are correcting me with my writing in English. 

So far no one been bother here by my  mistakes in English, but you. 

I did told you before, English is my second  language.  But you seem to get a KICK out of correcting me.....over & over again... 

Besides Polish & English I speak German & Russian.  How many languages do you speak??.

Krys

I apologize for offending you!  I'm not criticizing your language--just pointing out some things.  I have several friends for whom English is a second or third language, and they appreciate any corrections I make.  My apologies for not knowing this was offensive to you!!!  I promise not to do that again!

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 8:59 PM, pineknott said:

we delivered 100 masks today, 50 each to two nursing home, the place Rene' chose to give were iffy about taking them, sheez, the place I donated practically did somersaults and were jumping up and down with joy, now helping her out with her church group's Maskforce,they only took it over the beginning of June  and they have already made and donated 2,000 masks to the community, I think the Va. Beach group had made between 5,000 to  7,000,guess they needed a break

I really admire you guys for sending so many masks!!  I don't sew, but I crocheted about 100 or so "Ear Reliefs" that attach to the elastic on the masks, so that they don't irritate the backs of the ears.  They're really quick to make--the only problem I've had is finding 3/4" or 1" buttons for them.  I've handed them out to one of our local grocery stores, and my friends at our local Hospice., so far.  I'm still making them--for a local assisted living place where my Crochet Club meets every Friday.

Hey I thought I would drop in to say HI to everyone. I'm doing good. Just been busy a lot. It's been raining a lot here. But for the last 2 days. We finally got some pretty days. I'm so glad. Glad everyone seems to be doing good. Well you all take care. 

6 hours ago, USpolishgirl said:

OMG! 100 masks that is a LOT!. You probably need a break too.

I made only 16 of them for my friend & her family and that was enough for me! LOL. 

Krys

oh that is terrific lyn and krys  thank you!!!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, snowbear said:

Hey I thought I would drop in to say HI to everyone. I'm doing good. Just been busy a lot. It's been raining a lot here. But for the last 2 days. We finally got some pretty days. I'm so glad. Glad everyone seems to be doing good. Well you all take care. 

hey ya!! sent you a mail!! we are good here, been safe so far i  guess, i was Leary about going in July to my dr appt.  so now we have set a phone visit up so i dont have to go in!!  i just wasn't comfortable going in there, even though they are taking precautions to prevent anyone sick from entering, but i was still a bit worrisome over the fact, that some people are non symptomatic and can still pass the covid so, now i will do it video chat, and get all my scripts refilled lol  and will go in the fall and get my blood work and a flu shot and pneumonia shot as well so that is done and off my worry list lol  Hope you all there in TN are holding up as well see ya soon arlene!!!! 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Avon Lady said:

I really admire you guys for sending so many masks!!  I don't sew, but I crocheted about 100 or so "Ear Reliefs" that attach to the elastic on the masks, so that they don't irritate the backs of the ears.  They're really quick to make--the only problem I've had is finding 3/4" or 1" buttons for them.  I've handed them out to one of our local grocery stores, and my friends at our local Hospice., so far.  I'm still making them--for a local assisted living place where my Crochet Club meets every Friday.

excellent work collette!! Keep it up, your efforts are certainly much appreciated!!

58 minutes ago, Avon Lady said:

I apologize for offending you!  I'm not criticizing your language--just pointing out some things.  I have several friends for whom English is a second or third language, and they appreciate any corrections I make.  My apologies for not knowing this was offensive to you!!!  I promise not to do that again!

collette, you are one of a kind 😁 

all else t

take  care, stay healthy, and keep on hooking!!!

👍😁💓😃

25 minutes ago, katyallen8090 said:

hey ya!! sent you a mail!! we are good here, been safe so far i  guess, i was Leary about going in July to my dr appt.  so now we have set a phone visit up so i dont have to go in!!  i just wasn't comfortable going in there, even though they are taking precautions to prevent anyone sick from entering, but i was still a bit worrisome over the fact, that some people are non symptomatic and can still pass the covid so, now i will do it video chat, and get all my scripts refilled lol  and will go in the fall and get my blood work and a flu shot and pneumonia shot as well so that is done and off my worry list lol  Hope you all there in TN are holding up as well see ya soon arlene!!!! 

Yeah, I don't go to DRS. either. They call me on the phone. One wanted me to come in. And it's a 2 hr drive. Then I have got to take transportation van. I told them. I was not coming in. Because I was scared to ride that van. And that I could get that covid-19. Also I was not taking a chance like that. So, they called me today. My DR will call me on the phone, instead. We stay at home as much as possible. Unless we gotta get out. We have to be in need of something important like meds or groceries. Not just to get out an ride.  Because me and my sister use to just get out and ride. Not NO more. We have been ordering stuff online. What we can afford. Other than that. We are doing good. Just trying to stay safe. We wear our mask when we do go out.. Hopefully we don't run out. We only got a few. I found them at Food City. 10 for $8. So I bought a pack. Well take care. Sent you  mail.

16 hours ago, katyallen8090 said:

Yes, keep all those "points" for your friends.

Good Morning everyone.

Looks like no sun today.  Right now it is drizzling and last night we got lots of storms rolling thru.  Good thing is that I don't have to run the sprinklers.  Bad thing is that when the sun does come out the grass will stand up tall.

I am now looking for a graph for a blanket for a baby with a llama on it.  My SIL said her one daughter is having her first grandchild, so they are so excited.  Anyway the bedroom will be done with a llama theme.  I think I found one, but I want to keep going.  Anyway she asked me to make a blanket, so I said yes.  She will pay for the yarn only.

Well, off to get my first cup of coffee.

Have a great day.

Hello everyone. My granddaughter and I went in the pool for a while this morning. She thought it was fun to swim in the rain. Not much else going on here. Have a great day.

oh mj your dr visit was excellent news woman!!  reports always brighten our days huh!!! swimming in the rain ok, you're wet anyway but watch out for the lightning 

hot here again but i am  keeping busy here i guess busy hands are best when your bored lol  

nothing else but take care all of you!!!

5 hours ago, cshort said:

Hello everyone. My granddaughter and I went in the pool for a while this morning. She thought it was fun to swim in the rain. Not much else going on here. Have a great day.

When my kids were young they loved the pool. One daybitnstarted raining a bit (which around here usually means lightning is not too far behind) so I get them out of the pool and told them "You cant swim in the rain, You might get wet!"  

I was thinking the same thing, ratdog.  My Grandchildren when they were small use to love swimming in the rain.  When I would tell them to get out they would say when we are home we can swim in the rain.  I told them Yeah, but your lightning is different than ours.  Yeah how so they would say and them the lightning would streak across the sky and it kept them quite.  Much different than NJ.

So far no rain today, but it is still early.

good afternoon, dreary day,working on the last 20 masks, till the church gets more fabric, our count is 187

Turned in 50 more ear savers today so my total is 155.

All the talk of swimming in the rain made me remember playing in the water sprinkler as a kid.  That and noticing the sprinkler system goes on at 1130am every day for the green by us.  

"Dont swim in the rain, you might get wet!"

"Im cold, you need to put on a sweater"

Its no wonder my kids grew up to be sarcastic weirdos!

• Haha 1

oh too funny, lol  i am not one to fear thunder at all, even the loud cracks but lightning is another thing  i have seen two trees in my life be struck and severely damaged so i dont like lightning at all lol 

its another hot humid day here, but we are inside mostly so dont fret too much about it till one of us goes out lol  usually him, and then he comes in and turns the ac down even lower lol  like clock work   so i wait a few minutes and sneak back and turn it where it was so i dont freeze lol  its just a game we play i guess lol 

I always heard eat all your vegetables,  there are starving kids in China that dont get vegies   i always thought to myself, send them mine but never said it, just ate most of them lol 

i got two more rows on my ghan sewn together, but not sewn on the ghan yet as i always lay it out before sewing them on the main part to get an idea of what goes where lol  and i dont feel like doing that today as i would have to vacuum first  lol  

good for you and the ear savers brenda, and the  the masks lyn good on you both, keep up the good work  l!!!

all for now see ya soon keep well 👍🧡😍  

• Haha 1

Ratdog you are too funny. It was kind of strange because I watched the dark clouds move around us and kept listening for the thunder but never heard any. Then when the sky looked clear except for a couple of white fluffy clouds it started raining, not a hard rain so we stayed in the pool. 

Lyn and Brenda nice work on the the masks and ear savers. I'm working on some more for my daughter's coworkers. Between family, friends and daughter's coworkers I have made more than 70 masks. 

Not much else going on here, it's been a quiet day. But my granddaughter will be here for the next 2 days so it won't be quiet for long.

Have a good night everyone.