katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

On 6/1/2020 at 2:19 PM, Tampa Doll said:

We just got some bad news. Our Daughter called and told us the news.  It is with a sad heart that I now pass this on.

Our middle son, who is 57, was found in his apartment this morning.  They think he had a seizure and with him being alone, he did not make it.  He is now with God and family that have gone on before him.  We mourn him and take comfort in that he is at peace.

Mary Jo, I am so sorry for your loss :hug

• Thanks 1

Hello.

Things have been busy here but school is officially out for the summer so hopefully I can slow down a little. I'm sure my grandkids will help keep me busy during the summer but it will be lots of fun. 

I hope you are all staying safe and healthy. Have a good day everyone.

Mary Jo, I had not been online for a couple of days an just read of your loss.  Thinking of you at this difficult time and am so sorry for you and your family.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Jayashiangel said:

Can you tell me more about this thread in the sense pertaining to the granny squares... I'm looking for another project so maybe this is just what I need thanks for all your help...

Like is there a certain size? A certain type of yarn and then what do you do when you get them done??

HI   i still accept squares 6 inches for now for a ghan i am working on for a charity  i dont know if anyone else still needs any, but i always do for charity ghans  thanks  we use mostly 4 ply, red heart suoer saver, or similar  6  inch closed pattern if possible   the less holes the better, they are warmer that way  and any color, and one more thing not a lot of black or  around the edges, too hard to work with and white is ok but not a lot of that either  ends can be left out,about 4 inches or so  and i will weave them in if you dont ok  bout it lol thanks for asking!!

Edited by katyallen8090

folks, we are still hanging in you know lol 

sandra  we all get down sometimes but you will get it back i hope  dont be a stranger here ok we will be thinking about you always  Folks i am getting scared too, not to Sandra's level but i am worried too about our thread here we seem to be losing some of our regs and there are few of us left 

I will be here till the end though, hope you all will be too      

On 6/2/2020 at 6:01 AM, Tampa Doll said:

Thank you all.  It is still hard to accept, but as we said he is now at peace.

The sun is up and shinning, no clouds today, but it will be hot.

I wanted to thank you all and let you know your thoughts and prayers are very appreciated.

You know you're in my heart and my thoughts.

• Like 1

Off to the dentist again this morning.  I am losing the tooth I thought I cracked, it will have to be added to my partial.  A full day without the lower plate.  Fun, looks like soup for me tonight.

Clouds on and off today.  They are watching the storm that came into the Gulf from the Pacific.  Lots of rain this weekend.

Those in Texas, Lousiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia and of course the Pan Handle.  They are showing it moving into that direction.

Off to the dentist.  Have a fund day.

MJ and Krys, so very sorry for your losses......prayers said...

Sandra, if you are reading this send me a message.... I am free all next week and lets meet at the lake of a park and bring our lunches and chat,  I can even come there and take you out to lunch.... we can cheer each other up!

This is just  an emotional time foe everyone, no matter what the feelings.... they are rough.... anger, sadness, ..all the feels except the happy....

I am crocheting a giraffe right now... did you know those little fuzzy things on the top were called ossicones.... learn somehting new every day

• Like 2

On 6/4/2020 at 7:13 AM, cshort said:

Mary Jo, I am so sorry for your loss :hug

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. You all are in my prayers.

good afternoon

hot but bearable,starting to cloud over

stay safe

On 6/3/2020 at 9:53 PM, Jayashiangel said:

Can you tell me more about this thread in the sense pertaining to the granny squares... I'm looking for another project so maybe this is just what I need thanks for all your help...

Like is there a certain size? A certain type of yarn and then what do you do when you get them done??

We started out as a group for those that wanted to make a friendship afghan but thru the years many collected enough squares to make their ghans, many disappeared, and no one new joined in.  We had gotten to know each other and did not want to shut the group down.  Currently katyallen8090 is collecting squares so she can assemble afghans to send to Pine Ridge Reservation in SD.  Katy stepped up to help keep this project going after the lady that was doing it passed away in Jan.  I believe Katy is requesting 6 and 12 inch squares, acrylic yarn, most any pattern unless it has a lot of open work----nothing any more open than a traditional granny square as these are desperately needed for warmth.  Please no all white squares as things get dirty on the reservation and they dont have the resources to wash things as much as needed. Off white or aran is ok. Also no all black and do not edge in black.  Katy said its hard for her to see to work with black.  PM Katy for mailing info. 

Thank you for the birthday wishes! I am so thankful my sis is still here so I could spend my birthday with her.  We could say it was a poopy day as her ostomy bags decided to blow 3 times that day.  We including home health have decided sis will never be able to put one on by herself and it stay like it should.  It takes 4 hands even when the nurses do it because of sis's body shape.  

Sandra hugs and prayers.  Please take Lea up on her offer and Lea thank you for reaching out.  It sounds like a lovely plan.  Sandra no matter what is going on in your life please do not forget we care about you.

Carol glad summer vaca is here.  Sure was a weird ending this year.  Hope to see lots of your sewing projects.

Hot and humid here.  We had storms Wed and Thurs night.   Wed had an EF 0 tornado.  My phone went off and said take shelter now.  The Thurs night storm knocked out our power for 5 hours.  Reminds me we really need to buy a weather radio.  Didnt need one out there because dh's pager for fire dept went off with any weather alert.

oh so sorry about your sis brenda  she wil lhave better days ahead  im sure  

mj, and sandra, if your out b there, thinking good thoughts and sending them you way   

thanks BGS FOR POSTING INFO ON THE SQUARES,

HI SNOW BEAR, CAROL AND LYN!! SEEMS LIKE A LONG TIME AGO SINCE I SAID HI LO LNOTHING REALL CRUCIAL HERE, BUT JUST WAIT A DAY OR TWO,LOL 

Im plugging along as normal albeit i feel anything but these days with the whole world gone gaga 

and its justoo hot here as well lol  thats it for now talk to you all soon!!!

Brenda, sorry I missed your Birthday.  I am also sorry to hear about your sister.  Home Health is probably a good idea.

Sandra so sorry to hear you are down, we are all here for you.

Well, the dentist pulled the tooth, but the lab closed early, so the plate will not go to them till Monday.  I will drop it off on my way to the athma Dr.  Now I know how hockey players feel when they take their plates out.  I am missing on on the bottom in the middle.  Good thing you can't see it when I smile.

You know, I wish we had interchangeable parts.  My toe is giving me trouble again, so I have to try and see the foot Dr.  It hurst to put a sock on it.  This is not going to be a fun week.  Dentist, Asthma Dr. hopefully foot Dr. and finally the regular Dr. 

The fire department put up a nice post on FB about my son who was a Volunteer for 2 fire departments.  I was proud and pleased to see this.  Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts. 

It is raining again today.  We have had full rain days for 2 days now.  This is not normal for Florida.

I do hope everyone in the path of that storm is ok.

Well, off to make breakfast.

Have a fun dya today.

Mary Jo you got a lot on your mind right now.  I have the awesome afghan you made me.  I just had to send a photo to my pastor.  Home health is just as frustrated with sis's ostomy situation as we are.  A volunteer fire fighter with two depts!   Thats a very big deal and something to be really proud of.  Your son sounds like a very special person and will be missed by many.  

hi everyone  not much to report, cept the heat here  our ac is working double time it seems  lol

we have noticed on red maple trees, they have  not dropped their propeller seed packs yet, as usually even though we dont have one, we get bombarded with the copters lol anyone know about that?? Happy late birthday bgs, many happy rerurns    

that is sure a good 

tribute to you son mj, may he rest in eternal peace    

sandra how are you doing  any better?? are the kids,  grands and dogs and dh all ok??

well group, gonna strip naked and cool off, lol im gonna take a shower see ya soon !! 

Hi everyone:)

I am still here. I just took "few" days off. We were very busy here...

We got our third bike, it is put together already :).  All of us  went for a long ride yesterday and that was really nice :). We are planning much longer ride this week. We will ride our bikes to restaurant that we like. They have outdoor dinning :). Thank GOD I do not live in a city! I live in a very nice & quejet suburb. Almost everywhere here we got bike trails. We can even ride on streets where I live, those streets are not busy at all.  They are "death end" streets. I LOVE that! :). I even see very young children riding bikes here. Couple of them got a little car, that car drives fast! LOL

I know the past 10 days or so, seams to got worse & more scary for about everyone. We just need to try very hard not to think about that whenever we can. Just try to think and do different things so we will not be thinking so much what is happening.... Because it is not going to help anyone if we will drive our self's "nuts". I do know all of that will pass and everything will be fine! :).

Krys

Good Morning,  Well, we went to the Dentist and dropped off the partial to get a new tooth added.  We saw the asthma Dr., so in a little while I am going to see the foot Dr. My big toe is acting up.  I swear the older I get the more goes wrong.  To bad you can't replace parts like in a car or trade in for a new body. :rofl

Have a fun day.

1 hour ago, Tampa Doll said:

I swear the older I get the more goes wrong.  To bad you can't replace parts like in a car or trade in for a new body. :rofl

They probably have all those parts in China! and hiding from us! LOL

• Haha 1

Hello everyone.

I have my little granddaughter here for a couple of days, she is having quiet time right now so I thought I would pop in to say hello. It's raining here now, I was hoping to go in the pool this afternoon but it may not happen if the rain keeps coming.  Not much else happening here.

Hope you all have a great day.

good afternoon

lazy day here, washing and ironing fabric for more mask making

stay safe

19 hours ago, USpolishgirl said:

We got our third bike, it is put together already :).  All of us  went for a long ride yesterday and that was really nice :). We are planning much longer ride this week. We will ride our bikes to restaurant that we like. They have outdoor dinning :). Thank GOD I do not live in a city! I live in a very nice & quejet suburb. Almost everywhere here we got bike trails. We can even ride on streets where I live, those streets are not busy at all.  They are "death end" streets. I LOVE that! :). I even see very young children riding bikes here. Couple of them got a little car, that car drives fast! LOL

Krys

Hi, Krys,

Just a little correction here--so that you don't "scare" anyone--those streets are called dead end streets, not death end. :P That just means that they don't go anywhere--they just end.

Posted (edited)

hi all yep dead ends go no where, death ends ends a life  prolly just a typo huh krys, cos you do well with engish     

nothing here much going on this should be the last day

of the heat wave we have been having so that is good news  trying to coordinate with dr office and daughters smart pone to have a video chat then later this month so i dont have to go in    lol  

our marigolds are blooming now a few of them orange and yellow so cheery now to see them from my chair  in the craft room lol  my little piece of happiness right outside my window, where the cardinals play  they reaLLY seem to like our yard, but they never bother the flowers lol  

I have been trying to lay out the ghan im working on for pine ridge, it is getting almost too big for my craft room floor lol  we settled on 66 by about 85 or 90 inches in width, and length respectively. and its more than about half way now lol  two more rows of width, and then finish up the length lol  will think  twice about doin another, however probably will even though i just committed to one, but the stone i wrote that on is now in the garden patch  lol

hey what can i say lol

well ac and ceiling fans working another overtime day,  uh oh that means time and a half lol   

oh plugged in my tablet today to see if it will charge as daughter says it is just a bigger smart phone so... im checking it out lol  other than that no rest for the  i hate to say wicked, how bout wise instead lol  see ya all soon stay busy all and good on you lyn thanks for all you do !!! 👍  👌 

Edited by katyallen8090

2 hours ago, Avon Lady said:

Hi, Krys,

Just a little correction here--so that you don't "scare" anyone--those streets are called dead end streets, not death end. :P That just means that they don't go anywhere--they just end.

autocorrect is my worst enema

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, bgs said:

autocorrect is my worst enema

Thanks for the laugh!