katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

Katy on your gmail do you see a paperclip icon?  Select that and then select attach file.  Anyhow thats how gmail works on my phone.  Congrats on becoming a moderator for the group on Ravelry and keeping it going in Pam's memory.  I was really hoping they would find someone at Pine Ridge to assemble squares in order to be more efficient on postage.  I hated what we spent in postage shipping squares to Pam in LA and then her shipping afghans to SD.  At least for me you are on the way to SD.  Awhile back some on the other Rav group said they had starting shipping to PRR using Pirate Ship and seeing significant savings on shipping packages there.  It might be something to check into as afghans are expensive to ship.

Krys hope you dont have to keep robbing elastic from your undies to make masks.  Make them provide their own undies for elastic🤣

Mary Jo glad to hear I wasnt the only person to get light headed messing with the holes in their ears.  If mine closed up now I dont think I would fool with repiercing them.  If I had known ahead of time I wasnt going to be able to wear all the pretty earrings I wouldnt have had it done the first time.  

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, katyallen8090 said:

well seems the rav thread for square making is moving on in case anyone is interested, they needed a moderator, so me and another gal agreed to be co-moderators so we can continue the thread in Pam" spirit  if you wanna do squares, there are only three of us seamstress's now

accepting squares, any of us  Omahabookworm, Leighanneg, and yours truly. me!!l you can message or email for our addys  

again that is on ravelry folks  I   will do one , hopefully others will volunteer to seam them too, but for now, its the three of us doing the putting together lol  I really didnt want that thread to die out, i dont know what id do without making squares lol we are going in blind without any info or lists or anything from the previous mod that left, so keeping my fingers crossed we do ok lol  

soo Romper room struck a nerve with some of you huh i wasnt fond of it, i only watched to see if she said my name, i dont think she ever did  The one i seldom ever watched, was L ambchop I 😮hated that show lol puppets freaked me out lol  

liked Cappy Kangaroo, and always watched it before i had to go to kindergarten lol  😂

oh got my new camera yesterday spent the day doing the settings and such and testing it out!! Now all i have to do, is figure out how to send a pic via email on gmail any any out there save me a trouble call too my daughter????pwetty pwease,, she already thinks im daft with electronics, and she is right lol

we are not having them over today as both work with a lot of diff people and we do not want the exposure yet, but decided to have a Parents day, in June lol  for both of us!!well here goes the trying to figure it out thing  again happy day to all, mothers or not!!

ahh, how nice..   maxie says hi  

100_2632.jpg

Edited by katyallen8090
  • Haha 1

Maxie is soooo CUTE! :).

I LOVE cats & dogs,  I LOVE all animals! :)

Krys

6 hours ago, bgs said:

Krys hope you dont have to keep robbing elastic from your undies to make masks.  Make them provide their own undies for elastic🤣

That is a great idea! :)

Krys

Good Morning.  Quick drive by to say Hi!

Cool and clear today.  No rain yesterday.

Hairdressers and Barbers open today.  Now to get a haircut.

Have a fun and safe day.

Just had these masks made for my friend and me. My friend is deaf so she reads lips. We will wear them when we can go to Disney again. The elastics are hair ties.

IMG_20200510_184537_01.jpg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, USpolishgirl said:

That is a great idea! :)

Krys

ooooh too funny!!!

2 hours ago, ratdog said:

Just had these masks made for my friend and me. My friend is deaf so she reads lips. We will wear them when we can go to Disney again. The elastics are hair ties.

too cool we are all so darn inovative here in the states!!!

good mornternoon       afternoon/morning or is it   

lol  yep i like  better, just rolls off the tongue, doesn' it  

well been busy i guess, hope all of you  had a great day yesterday mothers or not   lol   and yes fur babies countof course   

well i find myself busy, but content this last week or two, trying to get that square thread up and runninf by June, as we started i blind with no info at all from the mod that left, and well the other mod on the list i have neever seen post ever even once i think that is what the admin was referring to, about a moderater in name only  like i said, my main concern is keeping the thread going and keeping the ghans going to those that need them, nothing else lol  my co-moderator is great, and we make a good pair i made the promise to myself if we both weren't accepted, i was out and she i think expressed the same sentiment lol  

besides with two  mods members will get more attention i think questions answered and such  

so we are hoping soon, the squares start arriving to us, and we only have one other seamer, and she will also put them together so (3) seamers so far, Pam was just one,  we got this lol  now to inspire the members to send squares lol  

I only have 21  of i dunno a lot to go made lol  im doing 6 inch squares as fast as i can lol the size we are aiming for is for twin/bunk ghans for something called the bunk bed project at Pine Ridge lol   finished size will be close to our guide of 66 by 85 or 90 inches, providing some hangover to tuck in   

So you are wondering why im telling you all this lol  

I wanted to see if any of you have some 6 inch squares lying about, I would gladly use them lol  We are following Pams rules as to a more closed pattern.the less holes the better lol  i make the solid granny square on you tube i guess it is   just a thought, not trying to pressure or recruit or anything, just sayin lol we will use 6 8 or 12" the most i think     

good afternoon

what a sweet thing to do for your friend,did see that was indeed a problem for some in this area,and some one made something similiar.

stay safe

so if you make squares when your not working on something or need a sort of mindless and quick useful  accomplishment of a project, I am here lol  

rainy looking out today no sun much to speak of  oh my dna traced to at least 3 past royal courts  in the uk and a couple in Austria too so that is cool    lol  and Im mostly of course western European  with some Scandinavian in there for good measure well  and the second highest percent is french after the Uk   ok so be it or should i say sa la vee lol 

so i will say adieu for now see ya all later ok  

Good very early morning or very late night. It's till chilly here.

Good morning. Another day at home. I went out yesterday as they opened our Church for prayer. Then I went to cvs to get stuff for a sore muscle. Feels better today.

That was my first time out of the house in  three weeks. 

I have a few project ideas. Need to check the stash for colors and the internet for patterns.

11 hours ago, owlvamp said:

Good very early morning or very late night. It's till chilly here.

you are an owl,lol  

On 5/8/2020 at 5:21 AM, pineknott said:

Good morning,its 6:17, been up since 5 a.m.

the sun is starting to rise,its a bit chilly, maybe in the 60's later in the day

stay safe everyone

hows all going lyn stayin in or what??

good day all  well no sun to speak of, so it is dreary out there  

I pulled something in my back yesterday i guess,  so  it was bothering me most of the night  it is manageable right now, but probably tonight will be miserable again   

i dont feel any bulge, so glad it does not seem to be a disc out of place, cos i have had that, and that is way worse lol 

everything going as our new normal permits, so as well as can be  expected i guess  

I am still working on squares and coloring in down time, and typing to you all lol  so that is my normal  i even manage to get some chores done on most days lol  

again got my new camera now just have to take some pics with it lol  well, gotta rest the back, talk more soon and please stay healthy ok  ❤️💛hi sandra, good to see your little self!!!

good afternoon

Katie, staying home mostly, been out a total of 4 times since 9 March, its getting real old real fast

ratdog, those masks are so awesome...very thoughtful

sandra, good for you 500 masks!!!  I have only made 2..~ sigh~

Spent Sat. with the Princess, she is a hoot! 

MJ, my ears closed up too... to open or not to open has been on my mind for 10 years.... Like you I don't wear them every day, and I have been giving the gilrs my expensive earrings as push presents, I only have two  more really expensive pairs  that came from my mom and 2 grandbabies coming...so I fure I better save those... not sure what I will do if there are any more grands...🤣

Been doing a bunch of crochet, my MIL gave me a birthday check and I bought some really nice hand dyed yarn on etsy in the the colorway Anne of Green Gables... I am doing a nice wrap for myself ..I love the feel of the yarn...

Jamie, Emily and Jacob bout me a yarn box subscription for my birthday and mother's day... unfortunately it is a sock yarn box... I am grateful.... but I don't do much with sock yarn...

Well MJ, my boy is now with Tampa Bay... guess I have to cheer with you this year!

I just find out that making face mask it is not  very relaxing or a happy "craft" that makes you forget about life's problems. Because there is no way anyone can forget the reality because of that Virus when making that :(. That is why I will not be making whole bunch of them not now (because I need to do things with my granddaughters) and NOT in a future,  just enough what is needed for my friends that i was asked.

It is just way too much of that very bad News every day to deal with. I know I need to keep my mind OFF that subject whenever I can. Because it would drive me nuts!.

I know it helps me a lot having my granddaughters here with me at this time :).

Krys 

On 5/11/2020 at 8:48 AM, ratdog said:

Now that is clever.  Never thought of that.

Yeah Lea, everyone is going to be watching the Bucs.  This is going to be an exciting year.  We are on Prime Time 5 times this year.  We were only on twice the year after they won the Super Bowl.

Well they are starting already.  They are watching a tropical disturbance off the East coast of Florida.  Here comes Hurricane Season a couple of weeks early.

Hazy, Hot and Humid today.  Maybe rain Sat. or Sun.

Have a fun day. 

I saw an article yesterday about the testing that the military bioweapons group did to find the best material for homemade face masks. They say 4 ply microfiber cleaning cloths filter 75% of particles (N95 masks filter 90%).

16 hours ago, USpolishgirl said:

I just find out that making face mask it is not  very relaxing or a happy "craft" that makes you forget about life's problems. Because there is no way anyone can forget the reality because of that Virus when making that :(. That is why I will not be making whole bunch of them not now (because I need to do things with my granddaughters) and NOT in a future,  just enough what is needed for my friends that i was asked.

It is just way too much of that very bad News every day to deal with. I know I need to keep my mind OFF that subject whenever I can. Because it would drive me nuts!.

I know it helps me a lot having my granddaughters here with me at this time :).

Krys 

well krys, we are all that way too, and i take no comfort in the fact  that misery loves company either  but we will persevere, we have to, united we are stronger than it    

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

I saw an article yesterday about the testing that the military bioweapons group did to find the best material for homemade face masks. They say 4 ply microfiber cleaning cloths filter 75% of particles (N95 masks filter 90%).

huh whod'a thought  thanks  

good morning

17 hours ago, minwifeof4boys said:

ratdog, those masks are so awesome...very thoughtful

sandra, good for you 500 masks!!!  I have only made 2..~ sigh~

Spent Sat. with the Princess, she is a hoot! 

MJ, my ears closed up too... to open or not to open has been on my mind for 10 years.... Like you I don't wear them every day, and I have been giving the gilrs my expensive earrings as push presents, I only have two  more really expensive pairs  that came from my mom and 2 grandbabies coming...so I fure I better save those... not sure what I will do if there are any more grands...🤣

Been doing a bunch of crochet, my MIL gave me a birthday check and I bought some really nice hand dyed yarn on etsy in the the colorway Anne of Green Gables... I am doing a nice wrap for myself ..I love the feel of the yarn...

Jamie, Emily and Jacob bout me a yarn box subscription for my birthday and mother's day... unfortunately it is a sock yarn box... I am grateful.... but I don't do much with sock yarn...

Well MJ, my boy is now with Tampa Bay... guess I have to cheer with you this year!

i guess learn how to make socks huh lol  

• Like 1