katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

1 hour ago, bgs said:

Lea I am so sorry. :hug Gosh  now I know why you and your Grams were in my thoughts so much on Sat.  Thats a beautiful picture of her and her advice sound very practical.  Thanks for sharing with us.  I wish I could have met her.  

Yesterday was a milestone day for sis.  Her ostomy bag stuck to her for the allowed 4 days and she had to remove it.  Then it was the first time she put one on herself.  Its a huge step forward.

I sewed 18 masks for sis and niece over weekend.  I sat so long at sewing machine that I got really stiff, my feet were starting to swell, and my left index finger mega spasmed on me.  Now I am crocheting the ties to go in them as we have used all the extra boot and sneaker laces we had.  Its not like I dont have a tote full of cotton yarn in my closet although it was the bottom tote and in the row at the back wall.  I guess it was easier moving all those totes rather than going into nieces attic for my other totes of cotton.:rofl

well bless your little heart, making all those masks!! what a sweet thing to do  

well i decided today i am going to get a new digital camera for myself!! mine is only 8 mega pixels, and i want at least 21, with 15x zoom lol  don'tt want much huh, but have set daughter to the task, of finding me that and gave her a budget, so she will do the researching and picking for me!!really is all i can think of for Mothers day  as handy is going to pay for it lol  

I am awaiting also, an update to my 123 and me dna test uh oh,  he will get his double blade electric carving knife for fathers day from me, and he already got the newest Grisham audio  book which we have already listened to lil 

Edited by katyallen8090

2 hours ago, katyallen8090 said:

well bless your little heart, making all those masks!! what a sweet thing to do  

Niece will need a nice supply for when she has to go back to work.  Building was closed (except for skeleton crew mostly managers) because of multiple confirmed Covid 19 cases.  It was going to open back up this week but an employee that was in the building May 1 is presumptively positive so keeping it closed for another deep cleaning.   Sis was going to retire June 12 so thinking with everything going on she will only go back to turn in her badge. I am so glad dh is no longer there.

Katy allen you can get a new camera as long as you post lots of pictures on crochetville!

Nothing for me for Mothers day. We have  never made a big deal over it and there is nothing I need. There are things I want but those things can all wait until things get back to normal

On 5/2/2020 at 1:25 PM, katyallen8090 said:

I made one of those masks Krys, it took me longer to find an appropriate material to use, than to make it  I also folded a folded in half coffee filter inside, and showed handy, and he thought it looked really nice when on  i used the rubber bands instead of elastic cos i was trying out the idea, and can now whip up a couple for my neighbors that continually go out with out one grrrr 

Katy I am happy that idea worked for you :)

Krys

Good Morning.

Katy good luck on the camera.  Yes, lots of pictures.

Another beautiful and warm day here in Florida.  Whether they opened the beaches or not, they will not be able to keep people indoors for much longer.  The call of the Sun and Sand is to strong.  The restaurants are only allowed 25% capacity indoors and must safe distance for outside eating.  They showed pictures of Clearwater Beach yesterday and it had people on it, but they stayed their distance.

I basically  I only watch the weather.  Usually by now they are driving us crazy with hurricane stuff, but that has been quite.

Well, I am doing the wash and the dryer is calling.

Have a fun day and stay safe.

20 hours ago, bgs said:

Niece will need a nice supply for when she has to go back to work.  Building was closed (except for skeleton crew mostly managers) because of multiple confirmed Covid 19 cases.  It was going to open back up this week but an employee that was in the building May 1 is presumptively positive so keeping it closed for another deep cleaning.   Sis was going to retire June 12 so thinking with everything going on she will only go back to turn in her badge. I am so glad dh is no longer there.

ah well nice thing thought to do that  i hope sis is retiring too! she is making progress  i remember the feeling after i got my rollator  and could make it into the hall for the first time in 3 months!!  lol  so, good for her!!:clap

3 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Good Morning.

Katy good luck on the camera.  Yes, lots of pictures.

Another beautiful and warm day here in Florida.  Whether they opened the beaches or not, they will not be able to keep people indoors for much longer.  The call of the Sun and Sand is to strong.  The restaurants are only allowed 25% capacity indoors and must safe distance for outside eating.  They showed pictures of Clearwater Beach yesterday and it had people on it, but they stayed their distance.

I basically  I only watch the weather.  Usually by now they are driving us crazy with hurricane stuff, but that has been quite.

Well, I am doing the wash and the dryer is calling.

Have a fun day and stay safe.

laundry never goes away, does it lol  stay saf too mj!😉!

18 hours ago, ratdog said:

Katy allen you can get a new camera as long as you post lots of pictures on crochetville!

Nothing for me for Mothers day. We have  never made a big deal over it and there is nothing I need. There are things I want but those things can all wait until things get back to normal

oh its a promise ladies  daugher got a nice camera For me said she was looking for something for mom's day and this just fellintoher lap  she would not accept any payment from me or handy  sheesh that is a nice gift huh lol  its a 20.1 pixel with i think she said 10X zoom or something, anyway i will definitly notice the definition and cllarity with it ,  coming to me Amazon prime soon!! 

13 hours ago, USpolishgirl said:

Katy I am happy that idea worked for you :)

Krys

me too krys, i just dont sew anymore lol 🌼

20 hours ago, bgs said:

i also ordered some filter material on amazon to put in the insidie of the masks so when it gets here, i will make more lol  

quick fly by.its gonna storm soon,lights are blinking, by eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Nice camera and nice pictures.

Pineknott be safe.  

Just dropping in to say Hi!

Not much going on, just another day of hazy, hot and humid.

Have a fun day.

16 hours ago, pineknott said:

quick fly by.its gonna storm soon,lights are blinking, by eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

aack!

5 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Nice camera and nice pictures.

Pineknott be safe.  

Just dropping in to say Hi!

Not much going on, just another day of hazy, hot and humid.

Have a fun day.

oh those were taken with the old camera, my new one is coming via amazon lol but thanks!

23 hours ago, katyallen8090 said:

i also ordered some filter material on amazon to put in the insidie of the masks so when it gets here, i will make more lol 

Kathy can you post a link or some info. about that "filter material" from Amazon?.  Me & my granddaughters we do have those good face masks from my daughter job. But, last night I find my self sewing a fabric mask for my friend. She is working part time and they need to wear face masks. She run out of those disposible masks, she did not like them anyway. She wanted a mask made out of fabric so she could wash that. Everything on Etsy or other places have a long wait list for those fabric masks and she needed that mask for today!. She told me she made some kind of a mask by her self but it was not working out good with her eye glasses.  That mask she made probably needed that wire on top to shape that mask around her nose. Anyway she dos not know how to sew, I have no idea what she made?? LOL.

So hearing all of that I felt it was emergency for me to sew that mask for her so she could wear today to work. I think it is a lot easier to wear something that dos not fit/work properly for an hour or so maybe just go to a store. BUT to wear something like that for all day (8 hours) at work it can be very annoying! :(. After I took out my sewing machine I find out that thing had seen a "better days' LOL.  Probably could use a "Tune-up". I did clean that up (inside) as much as I know how to & put some oil. in it. Yes my sewing machine started working little better.  I did sew that mask for her last night. She pick that up early this morning. Few minutes ago I got a phone call from her, she LOVES that mask. I used Patriotic design fabric, looks like fireworks :). That was on the outer side, inside a very soft white color lining. Both fabrics 100% cotton.

NOW here comes the funny part!. I needed a very soft & narrow black color elastic. I did not have that. After doing some thinking ...I got my black color underwear out of the drawer and cut out that very soft elastic what goes around the legs/thighs. problem got solved!. Yes, I lost my brand new panties LOL.. But that mask for her was a lot more important than my panties!.

I do have that bad felling and that is I will be asked to sew many more of them. "Pendora Box" just got open :(. Because she got 4 daughters, 2 granddaughters & a husband and they probably would want more that one for each of them since those need to be washed (extra time for washing & drying)  Right now I sure as heck would love to spend my time doing things with my granddaughters, not sewing all those face masks. By the time I would finish with all of them I probably would loose all my underwear!  LOL. 

Krys

hi all, lol raining here too, but very light and will benefit some marigolds we set in anyway lol  the rabbits wont eat them like they do all the impatients we lost couple years in a row lol  they dont like the smell of marigolds and they get so bright and a pretty spot of color in the yard    

my new camera is coming amazon so i dont have it yet  here is a pic though of what iv'e been working on and off on, 6 inch squares for a twin size ghan, or bunk bed, with hangover tuck in room to boot  it will measure about 42 by 78, a twin being 39 by 75 as i remember  it will be a while as im doing it here off and on, but here are some of the colors i have made so far  i only have about 21 done so far lol  i named the pretty colors after fruit or flowers, lol  orange rind-orange, blueberry, -blue , tomato red, raspberry red, green lime, purple grapes, and lavendar, oh and banana  yellow lol  i cant think of a light lavendar fruit lol  and very little blue food lol  

000_0644.JPG

Edited by katyallen8090

13 minutes ago, USpolishgirl said:

Kathy can you post a link or some info. about that "filter material" from Amazon?.  Me & my granddaughters we do have those good face masks from my daughter job. But, last night I find my self sewing a fabric mask for my friend. She is working part time and they need to wear face masks. She run out of those disposible masks, she did not like them anyway. She wanted a mask made out of fabric so she could wash that. Everything on Etsy or other places have a long wait list for those fabric masks and she needed that mask for today!. She told me she made some kind of a mask by her self but it was not working out good with her eye glasses.  That mask she made probably needed that wire on top to shape that mask around her nose. Anyway she dos not know how to sew, I have no idea what she made?? LOL.

So hearing all of that I felt it was emergency for me to sew that mask for her so she could wear today to work. I think it is a lot easier to wear something that dos not fit/work properly for an hour or so maybe just go to a store. BUT to wear something like that for all day (8 hours) at work it can be very annoying! :(. After I took out my sewing machine I find out that thing had seen a "better days' LOL.  Probably could use a "Tune-up". I did clean that up (inside) as much as I know how to & put some oil. in it. Yes my sewing machine started working little better.  I did sew that mask for her last night. She pick that up early this morning. Few minutes ago I got a phone call from her, she LOVES that mask. I used Patriotic design fabric, looks like fireworks :). That was on the outer side, inside a very soft white color lining. Both fabrics 100% cotton.

NOW here comes the funny part!. I needed a very soft & narrow black color elastic. I did not have that. After doing some thinking ...I got my black color underwear out of the drawer and cut out that very soft elastic what goes around the legs/thighs. problem got solved!. Yes, I lost my brand new panties LOL.. But that mask for her was a lot more important than my panties!.

I do have that bad felling and that is I will be asked to sew many more of them. "Pendora Box" just got open :(. Because she got 4 daughters, 2 granddaughters & a husband and they probably would want more that one for each of them since those need to be washed (extra time for washing & drying)  Right now I sure as heck would love to spend my time doing things with my granddaughters, not sewing all those face masks. By the time I would finish with all of them I probably would loose all my underwear!  LOL. 

Krys

oh too funny, that is using the old noodle lol i love it  i just ordered two large flat charcoal infused type filter matrial i will sent you or post that link.  i havent gotten it yet,so have not tried it yet,  but you trim it to fit, so ill do that  looks to me it would be good lol    

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072KGWVJ6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

this one is more expensive, but comes in a roll  

https://www.amazon.com/Material-Purification-Bacteria-Particles-Allergens/dp/B087G5BY6G/ref=sr_1_20?dchild=1&keywords=roll+of+filter+material&qid=1588872973&s=hi&sr=1-20

Edited by katyallen8090
  • Thanks 1

Hello everyone.

Sorry for being MIA again. Work is keeping me busy. I hope you are all doing well.

Bgs,

Thanks so much for my card and wonderful letter,I'm still behind getting one out to you,sorry 'bout that.

well gonna rain so lost my light here lol  so i went in and cleaned out the towel/toilet paper/catch all cupboard/closet in the bathroom, lol  really wanted to count t-paper lol  yep we are ok there, as e are in antibacterial dial ba soap, and of course towels lol  all neated up now!!

then disinfected the sink and stool and doorknobs and light switches and cupboard handles lol  i will do the kitchen tomorroe lol  sink and counters i guess supposed to rain then too, and i have a tall halogen pole lamp in here right behind my work space, handy always tells me when i have it on, that the airport called again and they can see where to land real good now!!it is a lot of light i guess lol but i like it  so there!!and i have a smaller sunlight lamp by ott, for table work so i am in no way sitting in the dark here, but i do tend to favor natural light when available    

ok then, hope we are all well, and i am glad Grand Island Ne is pretty far west of us with all those meat workers getting infected  

and everyone too in the towns around them