katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

Hello. I hope everyone is doing well today. 

I was awake early as usual. Had my prayer time and then headed into my sewing room. I have a grocery delivery coming this morning and need to do a load of laundry but not much else happening today. 

I hope everyone has a great day.

We have two friends that have a Birthday today.  Let wish them a Happy Birthday here.

Today at 2 is UCF Virtual Commencement for my son.  

Graduating in a pandemic is strange. Job hunting has now become a real challenge. Not sure what his immediate future will be. 

His lease is up end of July. Hopefully something will work out for him.

For now we just celebrate his graduation.

Edited by ratdog

Lea and Lyn wishing you a very Happy Birthday.  Hope you have the best day possible in these weird times.

Ratdog congrats and best wishes for your son.  

I feel bad for all those sick, their families and those struggling to get by but I sort of like this momentary pause in all the hustle.  I love everything our pastor is doing online and will very much miss his daily devotions and trivia games.  We have gotten to see a different side of him and people from across the country and all areas of his life pop in.  One guy is in Ireland.  Its also been amazing to see the stories about smog clearing and once again mountains are seen and the canals in Venice clearing.  I tend to be more of an isolationist anyway.  I have to work hard at being social and push thru my anxiety when around too many people.  I was painfully shy as a kid. Then I have been so busy with my sister there has been no time to miss whatever else we might have been doing.

well all, not much going on we try hard not to go out on weekends lol avoid crowds you know but that is about all  our lawn was mowed today, first time this season!! handy even weed whacked a bit till his battery wore down lol  second time he ran out of string lol i think now he has given up for today lol 

i made one of those masks Krys, it took me longer to find an appropriate material to use, than to make it  I also folded a folded in half coffee filter inside, and showed handy, and he thought it looked really nice when on  i used the rubber bands instead of elastic cos i was trying out the idea, and can now whip up a couple for my neighbors that continually go out with out one grrrr   

so ill do that tomorrow lol

today it rained just a bit this am, then the sun came out for a bit, now it is cloudy so you have everyones fav day all mushed up into one!!   that Nebraska for ya   hope all are well have a great day everyone!! 

hi again slow postings today, everyone out planting those gardens huh lol

we had a big pork roast last week so we  cut it in half and froze it, so i think we are having that today for supper

just cook some potatoes and make some gravy and add a vegie and we are good  id love some cabbage, but we have been a bit leary of buying things not packaged you know  i told handy we wash it sooo???but we will probably end up with corn no doubt which is fine too  

birds are singing, freezers full, bills paid, so far May is starting out grand!! lol

well ill check out for now, hope all are doing excellent, see you on the next post lol  

Edited by katyallen8090
  • Like 1

Just finished watching the play my son wrote. Because of quarantine it was done using Zoom. A challenge for the actors and directors to direct and act while each one was in their own homes. Also the staging was non existant since all you could see of the actors was what the webcam showed. 

Im grateful I got to see the play, however they had to stage it. These kids are real troopers. #the show must go on!  Or as the art director said " The show must go on-line"

• Like 1

good morning

I follow a children musical company in Norfolk,called the Hurrah  players,they have been doing a weekly spot on the performers,I think their acting classes are on Zoom,they are a great bunch

it got up to 92 yesterday,not quite ready for that hottness with humidity

trying to find some umph,anyone know where they sell a bottle, lol

• Like 1

amazing idea lol  nice read specially now that asian murder hornets are now here from Japan,  look it up! lol

6 hours ago, pineknott said:

good morning

I follow a children musical company in Norfolk,called the Hurrah  players,they have been doing a weekly spot on the performers,I think their acting classes are on Zoom,they are a great bunch

it got up to 92 yesterday,not quite ready for that hottness with humidity

trying to find some umph,anyone know where they sell a bottle, lol

if you follow them lyn, do you disguise yoursef? dont they know you are there lol sorry jusr being a smarty pants!! 

Edited by katyallen8090

We finally are having some spring weather to enjoy.  Got out to see the tulips today.  It's been rainy so I haven't been outside much.  We had a guy out to estimate some tree work after we had some storm damage last month.  Estimate is reasonable, now we just have to get on the schedule.  I understand there is a line.  Our state continues to extend the lock down so don't know when they will be starting to move towards opening up the state.

16 hours ago, katyallen8090 said:

if you follow them lyn, do you disguise yoursef? dont they know you are there lol sorry jusr being a smarty pants!! 

its easy to do,now that we all can mask-up,lol

good morning

well from 92 one day to 59 today what a difference

not much going on,stay safe y'all

Good Morning.  Just a quick fly by.

for 3 days, we lost a computer.  The main one, decided to take a vacation and not tell us.  We had to call someone to come fix it.  They took it for a couple of days and it is now back and working fine.  The hard drive went.  Now the fun of putting everything back.

Ratdog, congrats for your son.  Now the fun begins.

Hot and humid today, but no rain.

Off to get the day started.

Have fun and keep safe.

Thank you all for the sweet birthday wishes...and ratdog...congrats!!!!!

Sorry I have been MIA,  unfortunately my birthday was not the happiest as my dear Grams passed away that morning and I spent the day in a stupor, hard to believe.... she has been one of my best buddies for literally all my life.... I know I am blessed to be 62 and still had a Grams.... but golly I miss her earthly presence ...our weekly phone calls and quarterly visits...

...her advice for living to be almost 101 if any body needs it........ don't die...🤣

Lyn, I can't think of a better person to share my birthday with...

savvy and Grams.jpg

thanks,Lea

awwwww sweet picture of the two of them

Oh Lea, so sorry to hear about your Grandmother.:hug  That is a beautiful picture of her.

Not much going on, just wanted to drop in and say Hi again.

Lea I am so sorry. :hug Gosh  now I know why you and your Grams were in my thoughts so much on Sat.  Thats a beautiful picture of her and her advice sound very practical.  Thanks for sharing with us.  I wish I could have met her.  

Yesterday was a milestone day for sis.  Her ostomy bag stuck to her for the allowed 4 days and she had to remove it.  Then it was the first time she put one on herself.  Its a huge step forward.

I sewed 18 masks for sis and niece over weekend.  I sat so long at sewing machine that I got really stiff, my feet were starting to swell, and my left index finger mega spasmed on me.  Now I am crocheting the ties to go in them as we have used all the extra boot and sneaker laces we had.  Its not like I dont have a tote full of cotton yarn in my closet although it was the bottom tote and in the row at the back wall.  I guess it was easier moving all those totes rather than going into nieces attic for my other totes of cotton.:rofl

17 hours ago, Bailey4 said:

We finally are having some spring weather to enjoy.  Got out to see the tulips today.  It's been rainy so I haven't been outside much.  We had a guy out to estimate some tree work after we had some storm damage last month.  Estimate is reasonable, now we just have to get on the schedule.  I understand there is a line.  Our state continues to extend the lock down so don't know when they will be starting to move towards opening up the state.

oh im glad though baily, really safer that way i think, my state is one that hast'nt done anything to safe guard us, so we just do it on our own  

5 hours ago, minwifeof4boys said:

Thank you all for the sweet birthday wishes...and ratdog...congrats!!!!!

Sorry I have been MIA,  unfortunately my birthday was not the happiest as my dear Grams passed away that morning and I spent the day in a stupor, hard to believe.... she has been one of my best buddies for literally all my life.... I know I am blessed to be 62 and still had a Grams.... but golly I miss her earthly presence ...our weekly phone calls and quarterly visits...

...her advice for living to be almost 101 if any body needs it........ don't die...🤣

Lyn, I can't think of a better person to share my birthday with...

savvy and Grams.jpg

aw, may grams rest in peace, and  my condolences to your family