katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

Made this for my friend who loves Peter Pan.  I need to add some embellishments to make it look better.

Hallmark store is closed so handmade with love will have to do.

1588003238050-2010431438.jpg

1588003273563767200765.jpg

• Like 2

Katy, you have been busy...

ratdog..LOVE Peterpan... so much better then Hallmark!!

16 hours ago, bgs said:

Oh no.  Hope it subsides and you dont have to have surgery right now.

a bit better today... surgery is the last thing I need right now....

16 hours ago, Bailey4 said:

I so hope this goes away for you.  I've had the surgery and was glad the pain finally was gone.  I have never before or since had pain like that.  My surgery experience was fine but I didn't have to have it during a pandemic so there is clearly no comparison.  However, I was terrified of having it done and thankfully the fear was far worse than the actual surgery itself.  The recovery was better than I had thought too.  Again not done during a pandemic.  However, I also suspect the surgery techniques have improved too. 

Lots of prayers for a good outcome for you and that you don't need surgery.

I am hanging in there so far.... I know it would probably be same day.... but, ..........

8 hours ago, katyallen8090 said:

herei a better pic    

000_0641.JPG

Pretty scarf

• Like 1

On 4/26/2020 at 7:20 PM, bgs said:

Krys maybe you can find something like this. 

https://lingbaos.com/products/easily-growing-raised-garden-bed-with-self-watering-planter-box-and-drainage-plug?variant=2af64e84-7cc0-418b-b6c8-017587389e4a&gclid=CjwKCAjw4pT1BRBUEiwAm5QuR6NvZ_Zjk6BfSihiLvPhNjYkdZIGxUPenXQYRrW8_Ll5bgDIOJ280xoC1LgQAvD_BwE

I think I saw something similiar last year at Menards (hardware store).  There are way too many squirrels here too.  There was damage on the outside of the enclosed patio when we moved in.  They have chewed the corners off the plastic pad the ac unit is on.  I hear them up next to house under part that sticks out with the window seat.  I hit on seat to scare them off.  Dh looked and they have chewed some on batting boards.

Brenda that looks pretty good. But, dos not have anything on top, animals would eat all of that LOL I will look some more at Menards and other places.

Those pesky squirrels done a lot of damage to your place. did that happen now in your new home?

I am happy to hear your sister is doing better.

Krys

9 hours ago, minwifeof4boys said:

a bit better today... surgery is the last thing I need right now....

I hope you feel better. You are very right none of needs to have anything to do with hospitals right now. 

Krys

good morning

sun is shining,tomorrow the skies open up with down pours

I've been making my cards too

still waiting for my impatiens seeds to sprout,you figure after 3 wks I would have seen something?

stay safe

Posted (edited)

hello everyone  

good news is this, its a bright sun shiney day here, as if  on cue, the sun came out when i got into-the room lol

after a bit o rain overnight i thought it would stay a bit gloomy but to my delight, not lol

im doing nothing right now lol  just waiting for handy to come back with our meat order.  you dont even have to enter the shop. just hand them your list and they bring it out and deliver it to you car  i went with Just Good meat this time as it had a good bundle with more i wanted in it than omaha steaks and a bit cheaper  too and omaha steaks were out of stock on many items too so that is being delivered as we speak to the car lol 

i do have an order of a pork bundle to get as well, but see what room we have left in the freezer lol  

well what else  the thread on rav about the square makers and Pam, well the moderator has resigned, just up and quit  i am trying to organize a solution to keeping it going, and i dont know how that will work out if at all I may just strike out on my own and do my own and send it to pine ridge myself, i dont know yet only time will tell i guess people seem a bit trepidatious i think there yet i dunno, not a good feeling it will survive  and i really dont want to be a mod there   but would probably if asked lol  just to keep things going its a good 

cause  i have asked them there for a list in volunteers to put together one afghan, i would need at least 12 volunteers me included so 11 now to pick a month and have squares sent to that months volunteer, and we would at least have 12 in the bag for the people at pine ridge, in a year  thats better than nothing right and some would probably do more than one if needed myself included    

each months  volunteer would accept to absorb the mailing of said ghan to pine ridge when completed and the squaristas ( square makers) a bit trepidatious ) would just send them directly to the months volunteer who would then assemble and deliver by post to the rez so a whole bevy of Pam's, and not over whelming any of us!!  some seem  a bit hesitant now maybe taking time to recover from personal loss from covid which i totally get you know or the world in general if this doesn't fly i may ask for some squares to do this myself  how do you all feel about that again or maybe do another thread<< not any thing set though so no worries  

ok well bout all i had, thanks for the ear, and any comments you might have lol  see ya soon stay healthy!!thank for the ear, meat man is home!! yay!!

Edited by katyallen8090

Good afternoon.  I know I have been MIA, but I have just not had the energy to get on the computer.

Lea, I do hope you are feeling better.

Snowbird, what you made are really pretty.

Well, I did it.  I went out today.  We went to the bank, think it was opeining up at 9AM.  Shock, it does not open till 10.  So we left there got some gas and I finally went to the grocery store.

What a shock that was.  I found all I wanted, but I was shocked to see very few cans of Bush's Baked Beans, very little cans of vegetables and NO Chicken.  They had beef and pork in all forms.

I must admit, I did enjoy going to the store.  Bad thing was, as I was shopping, I saw things I would not put on the list for the shopper, but I picked it up anyway.  DH was in the car in the parking lot, texting his brother in NJ.

I am worn out now, but it felt good to get out.

37 minutes ago, Tampa Doll said:

Good afternoon.  I know I have been MIA, but I have just not had the energy to get on the computer.

Well, I did it.  I went out today.  We went to the bank, think it was opeining up at 9AM.  Shock, it does not open till 10.  So we left there got some gas and I finally went to the grocery store.

What a shock that was.  I found all I wanted, but I was shocked to see very few cans of Bush's Baked Beans, very little cans of vegetables and NO Chicken.  They had beef and pork in all forms.

I must admit, I did enjoy going to the store.  Bad thing was, as I was shopping, I saw things I would not put on the list for the shopper, but I picked it up anyway.  DH was in the car in the parking lot, texting his brother in NJ.

38 minutes ago, Tampa Doll said:

Thank you, Tampa Doll You make beautiful stuff too.  Snowbear

I'm popping in to say hello. I'm keeping busy with my granddaughter and work. I hope you are all doing well.

2 hours ago, katyallen8090 said:

hello everyone  

good news is this, its a bright sun shiney day here, as if  on cue, the sun came out when i got into-the room lol

after a bit o rain overnight i thought it would stay a bit gloomy but to my delight, not lol

im doing nothing right now lol  just waiting for handy to come back with our meat order.  you dont even have to enter the shop. just hand them your list and they bring it out and deliver it to you car  i went with Just Good meat this time as it had a good bundle with more i wanted in it than omaha steaks and a bit cheaper  too and omaha steaks were out of stock on many items too so that is being delivered as we speak to the car lol 

i do have an order of a pork bundle to get as well, but see what room we have left in the freezer lol  

well what else  the thread on rav about the square makers and Pam, well the moderator has resigned, just up and quit  i am trying to organize a solution to keeping it going, and i dont know how that will work out if at all I may just strike out on my own and do my own and send it to pine ridge myself, i dont know yet only time will tell i guess people seem a bit trepidatious i think there yet i dunno, not a good feeling it will survive  and i really dont want to be a mod there   but would probably if asked lol  just to keep things going its a good 

cause  i have asked them there for a list in volunteers to put together one afghan, i would need at least 12 volunteers me included so 11 now to pick a month and have squares sent to that months volunteer, and we would at least have 12 in the bag for the people at pine ridge, in a year  thats better than nothing right and some would probably do more than one if needed myself included    

each months  volunteer would accept to absorb the mailing of said ghan to pine ridge when completed and the squaristas ( square makers) a bit trepidatious ) would just send them directly to the months volunteer who would then assemble and deliver by post to the rez so a whole bevy of Pam's, and not over whelming any of us!!  some seem  a bit hesitant now maybe taking time to recover from personal loss from covid which i totally get you know or the world in general if this doesn't fly i may ask for some squares to do this myself  how do you all feel about that again or maybe do another thread<< not any thing set though so no worries  

ok well bout all i had, thanks for the ear, and any comments you might have lol  see ya soon stay healthy!!thank for the ear, meat man is home!! yay!!

Do your finished products have to be mailed or delivered to the recipients?  If that is a problem, you might consider what my group does:  we have a Veterans' office that takes local veterans to the hospitals, and they take our afghans when they do that.  I can't find their official name in the phone book, so I'll have to get back to you, if you're interested.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Avon Lady said:

Do your finished products have to be mailed or delivered to the recipients?  If that is a problem, you might consider what my group does:  we have a Veterans' office that takes local veterans to the hospitals, and they take our afghans when they do that.  I can't find their official name in the phone book, so I'll have to get back to you, if you're interested.

very good for your group, no, this in posted out to Pine Ridge in S. Dakota but thanks you have a great plan there!~!

Posted (edited)
On 4/26/2020 at 6:54 PM, bgs said:

My last few days at home I have spent rumaging thru boxes looking for fabric and elastic.  Then I have tried different mask patterns looking for one that would work for dh.  His ears are weird and elastic doesnt work very well.  Found a pattern we like and you can use elastic or use a sneaker/boot lace.  We like using the laces. (I had 5 pair).  They just cinch up so nice around our nose and chin.  The mask is the one with the origami fold.

Brenda about those (home made) face masks.  Couple weeks ago or so I posted here a Link to YouTube about many ideas on that subject. I do not know if you seen that link or not. There are ideas for people who can not wear those elastic's behind ears. Maybe here in that Video is something that might help you..?. I been having problem with that Link, I hope that will work here. That Video is made by that "NAZTAZIA" her last name is DANA WOLF.. She makes many Video's, mostly on crochet stuff. Those face mask's are NOT crochet, she is using fabric's.  I just pasted that link here and I see some "WAVY PAD" LOL.  I HOPE you will be able to find VIDEO with all those ideas for her Face Masks there...

I sent same link to my friend yesterday. This morning I was trying to just check on that link I sent to het. It was not working at all. BUT, when I went to my records in my computer that link works!. They might be making some kind of "changes" there...

O well!, maybe you can find those masks on her site and than crochet  a Wavy Pad? LOL

Edited by USpolishgirl

good afternoon

rainy day

stay safe

well everyone feeling good today!! and thanks  krys, i did watch them and well i hate to sew lol 

we had a t bone last night fresh not frozen like omaha straks always are, and first of all it was very tender, very big and very good  i couldn't eat all mine yesterday, but did have a good piece left  i  just had for a bite of lunch    well our freezer is full, and then some lol so i feel better now lol  we should only now have to go out for milk or butter, or bread or something  also found yeast does not come in those little packages anymore now it comes like a brick of a pound Of it  i have no idea how one measures that lol  

so literally back to square one on the baking bread thing lol  

its not like i was impatient to do that anyway lol  

just poking around looking for something to keep busy with you know feeling a bit better about things today but that can and most likely will change in a little while, lol like the weather here  .. the pollen is still high, but i ceased sneezing so much once we turned on the ac and closed max's window lol 

still taking our temps twice a day,, to be cautious i guess   

so far, still healthy knock on wood  

• Like 1

Hello everyone.

The online teaching has become a little easier but still busy. I spent a good bit of time last night online looking for and buying a new stacked washer & dryer. The bottom seal had worn out on the one I had and my dad decided he wasn't fixing it anymore so he bought me a new one, it will be here on Monday. I told him I could buy but he insisted he was buying it. Tonight I am doing a little sewing. 

I hope everyone has a wonderful evening. 

Feeling much better, finished a batmas mask for dh  but when he tried it on he said it was like the perch I tried to fix him 35 years ago..which means a dud... he said try again but I am a bit pouty so I am NOT going to start on that tonight...LOL...

Big birthday weekend for us... Me, the Princess and my DIL Vika..... not sure how that will go....

Be safe everyone...

Good Morning.

My main computer decided to take a vacation the other day and did not tell us.  So we had to get someone to fix it.  They cam yesterday and took it.  We hope to get it back tomorrow or Monday.  Such fun 2 on one computer.

Sun is out and we are cool till this afternoon, then we get into the 80's.  Same for the whole week.

Hope everyone is keeping healthy.

good morning

don't forget me Lea,we share the same day

its grey here,waiting for yrly maintainence on AC

stay safe

Happy Birthday Lea and Lyn! I hope you both have a wonderful day! :yay