katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

Our DAR  chapter is meeting via Zoom this morning. Should be fun. I have never used zoom or facetime or anything like it. 

Hey ratdog, I hear our Gov. has opened the beaches.  So there may be a light at the end of the tunnel.

Sorry to hear some of you guys got snow.  We are quite warm here.  

Sandra I made a pattern for my 4 year old granddaughter using the child's pattern on the website here.

Face mask sewing pattern with adult and child sizes. craftpassion.com

Mary Jo every week my son-in-law tells me I look like I've lost weight, so I got on my scale yesterday and I've actually lost about 5 pounds but I don't know how because I'm eating as usual, I think it's just my body's weird reaction to stress.

I was up early and after my quiet prayer time I started laundry and headed into my sewing room. I'm working on a Princess Tiana dress for my granddaughter, it's the third one she requested for her birthday. And I'm going to check with family and friends to see if anyone needs more masks. And that's about it for my day.

Hope you all have a great day and those in the snow stay warm.

17 hours ago, bgs said:

I like working with plastic canvas.  You can make coasters, kleenex box covers, magnets, boxes, etc.  If you are not a member sign up here.  Its free and they have plastic canvas patterns as well as crochet and other crafts.

Brenda how are you doing? how is your sister doing?

I have sheets of that plastic canvas at home. I never done any work with that. I use that for a different reasons. Sometimes for a bottoms of my baskets. I put/glued that between two layers of crochet to make it stiffer at the bottom. That way it is easier to pick that up, it dos not "wobble" that much LOL

Once my daughter made coasters with that plastic canvas. She did spray couple coats of Fabric Protector. They looked great like brand new for many years...

Krys

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tampa Doll said:

Sorry to hear some of you guys got snow.  We are quite warm here.  

We had a lot of snow yesterday morning, by 1-2 PM everything was gone! :)

You might be "Lucky" when it comes to that C-virus because of your weather. I read yesterday that virus dos not like sun light-heat from sun & high humidity. That is not a sure thing, they are still checking on that...

Krys

2 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Hey ratdog, I hear our Gov. has opened the beaches.  So there may be a light at the end of the tunnel 

Actually I think that was a dumb move. Too early. Did you see the pictures online today of the CROWD on the beach with no masks. Horrible decision. I am very disappointed in Desantis.

Edited by ratdog

On 4/16/2020 at 2:17 PM, katyallen8090 said:

well expect pork prices if available anyway to get way high, since the closing f those pork processing plants huh  another chink in our supply chain is on the way me thinks

You are right and that is not only about pork. It is about all of our food. The supply chain is shrinking very rapidly. For two reasons: a) people getting sick can not go to work b) All those new rules ( workers 6 Feet apart)  adds to that a LOT. In many places production is cut in half or more because of that. Others just closing up. 

I am not trying to be Debbie Downer here. But that looks very bad for all of us!. prices will start sky rocketing & a big shortage of food and other items. And that is not going to chance soon. Until we will get that vaccine (1-2 years from now). That is way too long for our economy not to go "Bust". Unless someone will come up with some kind a medication that will prevent people from dying. 

Yes people trying to get back to work. But that Monster is still a life out there and it will be attacking us...

Even after "stay home" will be lifted. I just do not see many people going out to restaurants, theaters, going on vacations and on... :( . We are in a situation with no good way out of that.

Yesterday I was trying to order some fresh fruit & fresh vegetables on line with delivery from our grocery store. Those are big chain stores. Food always was a lot more expensive in those stores. ALL what they had it was bananas, lettuce and potatoes! :(

Back to frozen fruit we got here in our freezer.

Krys

2 hours ago, ratdog said:

Actually I think that was a dumb move. Too early. Did you see the pictures online today of the CROWD on the beach with no masks. Horrible decision. I am very disappointed in Desantis.

No I have not seen any pictures from the beaches, but I did not expect anything less.  It is the old saying.  Give them an inch and they will take a mile.  So instead of doing the right thing, they expect the next person to do the right thing.

Truthfully, I think a lot of people are at the end of their ropes and just want to get out and back to work.

Lots of rain here today.

DH and I made T-shirt masks yesterday.  He's out shopping and testing his out this morning.  Some towns are now mandating masks to enter stores.  The state has strongly suggested them.  So depending on where you shop you need one so it was time. 

I'm hopeful that some of the drugs they are talking about will prove to be effective in treating the virus to the point that people can return to work and if they do get it that it can be safely, quickly, and easily treated.  I think that is more realistic than a vaccine at this point.  Not all of these bugs respond to a single vaccine.  However, if you can get a virus and only experience minor symptoms and no long term harm then it would be doable to go back to work and risk it. 

At a certain point people are going to need to do something to keep food on their tables.  We are extremely blessed that for the moment DH can work from home but not all our neighbors are so blessed and things will start to get harder for the ones who can't go to work and can't work from home.  This can only last for so long before it doesn't work at all and chaos begins.

As for people's behavior, honestly I'm surprised people have complied this long.  I think it was shear terror that caused compliance because I've never seen people listen to directives for this long ever, even during natural disasters or any other time.  It just doesn't happen.   Yet for almost a month people in my area for the most part have been mostly compliant.  There are always a few morons but in the past we've had lots of people who felt the rules exist for others.  This time I'd say we've had a fairly small rate of non-compliance.  In the last week though you are starting to see that break down a bit.  People are getting restless, especially the teens in the neighborhood.  They've been cooped up a home a LONG TIME and I can't imagine it will last much longer. 

The state has cancelled school vacation for next week so online school education will continue next week.  It makes sense it is not as if the kids were going to be traveling and it gives the parents something to keep the kids occupied since they aren't supposed to be leaving the house.

• Like 1

Good morning. 

I was awake really early, I thought I would sleep in a little since it was after 11pm when I fell asleep. I'm planning to watch church online in a few minutes but thought I would pop in to say hello. I've been sewing some face mask for a friend this morning so I will finish those after church. I have a grocery delivery coming today too. That's about it for my little corner of the world.

I hope you all have a good day.

Beautiful day today, after the rain and clouds yesterday.

Slept in this morning.  Forgot to set my alarm clock.

Hope everyone has a safe and healthy day.

Good Morning! 

Today is Divine Mercy Sunday !

May you all have a Blessed Day.

On 4/18/2020 at 10:23 AM, ratdog said:

I remember being shocked when i heard that news 'Too Soon'  i shouted, but not my call to make!!

• Like 1

No news here, none good really, but talked to my

friend yesterday up the street, no more sightings on her deck of coyotes,and she is doing ok her daughter lives in Lincoln and gets her groceries there, and brings them to her  so she is ok as are

my x brunch buddies too lol 

we got 8 inches of snow, but it was gone the next day!!   

i dont mind that kind of snow,lol  

we made some sliced kielbasa and fried potatoes for supper, and also cleaned up the left overs for lunch lol  it was really good, we havnt had and dont have it too often lol  

I think soon i will make  car ghan for max as mine on my chair in the living room, fell off the bak of the hair a while back and fell behindt the chair in a kind of folded almost heap that maxie has noe claimed for his own lol  oh well, ill make another i guess one of these days i dont mind, he needs comfy- ness too, there are times i guess in his life, a lap, or a couch just wont do!!

I wonder why this corona thing, and its sooo ugli have you seen what it looks like!! ugh anyway one would think that maybe it would weaken somewhat. as it progresses, but it dosent seem to do that  like there should be a limit as to how many it can infect, before that particular cell dies out huh 

// 

Okay, true confession.... if Chris doesn't stop playing Johnny Cash and talking gloom and doom I'm going to lock him in a room ... just kidding but goodness I don't know who misses the grandbabies more!

Snowbear, loved your piece... very nice...

I followed MJ's lead and am doing a patriotic tree so I have been crocheting squares  and am cross stitching a piece with a flag on it..

Talked to  all 5 of the grands this weekend with facetime..perked us up a bit...

storms tomorrow... be safe

Good Morning.  Waiting for rain.

Hey Lea have fun with the tree.  

Actually like Brenda, I am surprised that everyone is staying in so long.  Look, no matter what you do, some people will take advantage.  

Off to check out the world.

Dark here with rain and thunder. Back from Dr. (Get to go again tomorrow wow!) 

Settling in with a rare second cup of coffee amd will decide on a project for today. So much excitement today!

7 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Good Morning.  Waiting for rain.

Hey Lea have fun with the tree.  

Actually like Brenda, I am surprised that everyone is staying in so long.  Look, no matter what you do, some people will take advantage.  

Off to check out the world.

explain advantage of ?? lol  did i miss something?

well i already spilled the last few sips of my coffe, and had to clean up that little mess, then i turned right around, and dumped my electric sharpener saw dust catcher thing, missed the trash completely.  but had a neat pile of shavings on my carpet, so got to clean that up lol   

im wondering what comes next lol 

Lea this ?> is for you, lol as i think you would know    we wanted to try to make a loaf or two of home made bread you know, but the store was out of yeast, and reg flour so handy got self rising flour, would that work in place of yeast??  lemme know and thank you  lol  

got a couple  adult color books on their way these past weeks i have colored clear through a couple already so needed more lol my pencils are lying idle, in wait of them lol  

i have three c's that sorta help pass the time, crochet, coloring, cleaning oh 4 i guess, computer lol  some  like better than others lol  watching history channel today its so interesting, naval battles at sea in our history  good to know never knew for instance that we fought with ships too, in the civil war even, never knew that lol  

ok well thought of the day is as always, take care of each other ok  :ghug

1 hour ago, katyallen8090 said:

explain advantage of ?? lol  did i miss something?

Well the Governor of  Florida opened some of the beaches for exercise and only for a few hours.  He also opened some of the parks.  So instead of a few people coming out and still staying 6 ft. apart.  They took advantage of being allowed on the beach and had a crowd and were to close together.  You were suppose to only go out for some fresh air and exercise.  That is what I meant. 

We now have the sun out and it is beautiful out.  Soon the sun will go down and standing on the beach watching it, is one beautiful sight.

Well, schools will remained closed through the end of the school year.

For me that means I will not be needed at the preschool for April and May, plus the usual summer drop. So I will probably not go to work again until September. About 5 and a half months total since all this started.

I embroidered a t shirt today ( because everyone knows I needed another Belle t shirt/sarcasm!)

1587418045085-979377164.jpg