katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

8 hours ago, ratdog said:

The world's UGLIEST cat tunnel! 

Scrap project used up several leftover balls of yarn.

1586955337020757535212.jpg

oh that is amazingly neat rat dog!! nice job!!

• Like 1

On 4/12/2020 at 2:26 PM, Bailey4 said:

Omaha Steaks just the thought makes my mouth water.  I do agree about the bundles though.  There is much in them I'm not a fan of so why not just buy what you will eat.  A good friend got us a container a couple of years ago as a Christmas gift and my mouth still waters thinking about how wonderful the stuff in that cooler was to eat.

Happy Easter all of you.  We were blessed to do a video chat with DH's family today.  We normally would have his sis and her family but it was actually nice to see the family that lives across the country all at once.  It was about an hour gathering and it was cool to catch up with everyone.

As for the blankets we won't need them until Nov so we have time.  I am just grateful for all of you that make them.  I've gotten a couple done this year but I'm not traveling so I've been focused on other projects.

oh i know Chris, me too.  the last bundle we got seemed to shrink up quite a bit so whats up with that lol  we still ate um just wanted more lol  

• Like 1

hello every one, are we all still healthy?? we're fine here, and catching up on some indoor things we didnt get done during the winter months llol  '

Seems i am usually a season behind anyway lol  

oh well, such are the days of my life, like sand through an hour glass huh!!!!  

well keep up the good job all, ill catch up later!!

Hello everyone.

Lea, I'm sorry about your grandmother :hug

I'm staying busy. My granddaughter was here the past 2 days we're settling into a routine so I can work for part of the day when she is here and then I work extra hours on the days she is not. Today I did video conferences with my half of my  students and their parents, I really enjoy seeing all of them. I had conferences with the other students yesterday. Then I spent this afternoon entering data into the computer. I was hoping to do a little sewing tonight but I'm feeling really tired so I think it will be dinner and some crocheting while I watch a little tv.

I hope you are all staying safe and healthy.

Hey everyone. Just trying to stay safe. Hope you all are too. Been doing a lot of different projects. I want to share one I just finished.  I made this for a real good friend of mind.

92355358_667051680734717_4187192410331152384_n.jpg

• Like 1

good morning

that's a lovely piece of work,Snowbear

there was frost on the roof tops this a.m.

stay safe everyone

• Like 1

Love what I am seeing here.  You all are really keeping busy.

I just saw a t-shirt with three balls of yarn on it that had mask on each one.  It said Crochet is not a Hobby it is a 2020 Survival Skill.:rofl

Yeah, I saw snow yesterday when they were talking about the protest yesterday.  It was cool to watch.

We are quite chilly here today and we got some rain :clap.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, snowbear said:

Hey everyone. Just trying to stay safe. Hope you all are too. Been doing a lot of different projects. I want to share one I just finished.  I made this for a real good friend of mind.

92355358_667051680734717_4187192410331152384_n.jpg

.oh my goodness Arlene that is just fantastic!! She will cherish it forever!!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Tampa Doll said:

Love what I am seeing here.  You all are really keeping busy.

I just saw a t-shirt with three balls of yarn on it that had mask on each one.  It said Crochet is not a Hobby it is a 2020 Survival Skill.:rofl

Yeah, I saw snow yesterday when they were talking about the protest yesterday.  It was cool to watch.

We are quite chilly here today and we got some rain :clap.

that is so cute mj thanks for the giggle, i have been feeling i dunno, sort of hopeless i guess but am not giving up to this covid19 crap, just keep bucking   up with the words "This too, shall pass  "  

It is the middle of April and we are  having asnow event!!Looks rather wintry out, snow is coming fast and heavy  i thought i had sent that old man winter packing on his vacation, maybe he missed his flight, huh!!:flake

well expect pork prices if available anyway to get way high, since the closing f those pork processing plants huh  another chink in our supply chain is on the way me thinks

well think ill work on narrating into the recorder, my life as told by me lol  i got it started, but much more to go i think  lol  take care of each other everyone, i plan on calling an elderly friend today too, check on her  if you can, do the same  and ill see ya soon   ok 

Edited by katyallen8090

Well, Grams is still hanging on, I guess if she beat the Spanish flu of 1918/1919 she will beat this....

Crocheted some start today for our Americana tree, I decide to follow MJ's example and just change out decos on the tree for the seasons...

Really nice day here... soaked in some vitamin D and listened to an audio book on Teddy Roosevelt......interesting...

ate my weight in chips and salsa, might pour a glass of wine and head back outside with some crochet and the audio book...

I'll be a 600lb alcoholic surrounded by crochet by the time this is over...

although I must admit  when I vacuumed the dinningroom today , my fit bit told me I did an aerobic work out...better then nothin'

Be safe

• Haha 1

Ummm,if your grandmother is 100,or is it she hasn't had this years birthday yet? I was going to say she was born after the epidemic,my mil would have celebrated 100 this year,she was born Dec.30 1920

Arlene that is very pretty.

Not much going on here just lots of work and some house cleaning. I think I need a little crochet time now if I can stay awake, last night I kept falling asleep while I was trying to crochet.

Stay safe everyone.

13 hours ago, pineknott said:

Ummm,if your grandmother is 100,or is it she hasn't had this years birthday yet? I was going to say she was born after the epidemic,my mil would have celebrated 100 this year,she was born Dec.30 1920

Actually they celebrated her 100th birthday last year.  It was a big party.

Good morning everyone.

Thought I would drop in to see what is going on.

Lea God Bless her still hanging on.  

I am struggling thru putting Eyeore together.  I don't know if it is me or the way the pattern is written.  Pooh was so easy.

Cloudy and cool here.  Finally got rain yesterday and we are looking at more.:clap

I am sitting here with my first cup of the day and looking at my neighbor's gardenia tree. It is so green and the flowers are beautiful.  I wish I could go out and smell them.  Allergies will not allow, but it does look beautiful.

Well, off to make breakfast.

Stay healthy.

Looks like December or January here. It is snowing again.. this time is a lot!

Maybe I be able to make them to go out and build a Snow Man?? LOL

Krys

good morning,stay safe

Posted (edited)

hi all  hey found a good couple of tutorials on diy home made face masks i will copy paste that link for you  a couple of them or more are sew free too  here's that link in case you wanna try your skills out ok

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/how-to-make-face-mask-from-fabric-covid-19_l_5e834a20c5b62dd9f5d628e8

i watched all the videos, and will try them if needed, i just am not going out much, handy has to, to get food, but he wears his mask and gloves, and goes early morning when the stores have set aside a time for just the higher risk people, he talks to no one, and they now have the aisles one way with signs so if there are people in the same place, they dont cross paths ? i guess i dunno  one way signs in grocery stores huh, who'd have thought!!!!!:think

Everything is take out or delivery, some free, some by grub hub, or door dash, or other places like that  some are free delivery i think KFC is free, not sure   

hey welcome to our new normal, 😮 huh, for now anyway    we are doing ok, and hope you all too!! Just wanna thank everyone that is stayin in, and staying safe, for all of us  more maybe later lol   :waving

oh we got about 6 inches of snow,  but the sun is bright today, so it didnt accumulate, only on the lawn and the roof lol  this time im driving that old man winter to the  airport myself, and walking him up the ramp too lol  vacation already see ya next year, you know!!:ty:waving

Edited by katyallen8090

Posted (edited)

whats next one wonders,  😉quarter meters so you have to feed it if you stop too long in one place to read a label!!lol  aisle meter maids?? Turn arounds at the end of the aisles?  aisle obedience classes, grocery traffic tickets?? stop lights, red lights, green turning arrows, i could go on   pshaw!! lol  🤣

Edited by katyallen8090

19 hours ago, minwifeof4boys said:

Well, Grams is still hanging on, I guess if she beat the Spanish flu of 1918/1919 she will beat this....

Crocheted some start today for our Americana tree, I decide to follow MJ's example and just change out decos on the tree for the seasons...

Really nice day here... soaked in some vitamin D and listened to an audio book on Teddy Roosevelt......interesting...

ate my weight in chips and salsa, might pour a glass of wine and head back outside with some crochet and the audio book...

I'll be a 600lb alcoholic surrounded by crochet by the time this is over...

although I must admit  when I vacuumed the dinningroom today , my fit bit told me I did an aerobic work out...better then nothin'

Be safe

yep i count that and steam mopping my floors, and vacuuming s a good work out too lol  :clap

Today makes 5 full weeks since I have been to work.

Week one (spring break and no stay at home order) i made two trips to joanns.

Weeks 2-5 only out for acupuncture appointments.

I need to find another project. And SOON!

Thank you everyone. I really worked hard on that project. I'm thinking about making things for Christmas  pictures or some kinda Christmas sayings on the canvas. What do you all think? I got Folgers coffee can. I want to make something out of those. Any Ideas anyone. I found some cottages  I can make out of of the cans.  Or Christmas castle.  Any ideas will help. 

Posted (edited)

Christmas pictures sound nice. Maybe winter scenes that can stay up through February? That is a time consuming skill! I am far to impatient to make a gift like the one for your friend. I am sure she will appreciate it.

Edited by ratdog
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, snowbear said:

Thank you everyone. I really worked hard on that project. I'm thinking about making things for Christmas  pictures or some kinda Christmas sayings on the canvas. What do you all think? I got Folgers coffee can. I want to make something out of those. Any Ideas anyone. I found some cottages  I can make out of of the cans.  Or Christmas castle.  Any ideas will help. 

I like working with plastic canvas.  You can make coasters, kleenex box covers, magnets, boxes, etc.  If you are not a member sign up here.  Its free and they have plastic canvas patterns as well as crochet and other crafts.

https://www.freepatterns.com/

• Like 1

Just popping in to say hello,

Lea I'll be 600 lbs right with you. Been emotionally eating and I need to stop..... Hubby was per antsy laid off.i keep telling myself don't stress. So I have thrown myself into making masks. I have done over 50 so far,... Tonight I was asked to make a mask for a two year old. So I am trying to design one or try to downsize my pattern.

Lea I'm sending prayer for your family and you.Its defitinitly sad times right now.

Everyone stay safe. Hunker down and have fun.

I think everyone is binge eating or stress eating. Don't know how I have lost 20 lbs., but I will take it.

Up at 6 this morning.  Getting ready to make some coffee.  I am starting to hear a lot of birds.  Guess they are tired of hunkering down.:rofl  I finally saw one yesterday.

The sun is coming up and I need to start my day.

Be safe everyone.