katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

Krys, ots not just your opinion. Sheets have been recommended as fabric for the masks based on thread count.

3 minutes ago, ratdog said:

Krys, ots not just your opinion. Sheets have been recommended as fabric for the masks based on thread count.

WOW!, I am proud of my self! LOL

Krys

On 4/9/2020 at 10:35 AM, USpolishgirl said:

How long ago did you got those Flu shots (you got sick from it)?. I am asking because many years ago those Flu shots were made differently. They use to have a LIFE virus in them. That was why some people were getting very sick shortly after they got that shot. Now those Flu shots are different. They do NOT have life virus in them. I am writing that to you because same thing was happening to me with those flu shots & me getting very sick few days after I got them. And I do mean VERY sick like never before. After that i did the same thing as you, I stop getting them for years...Since I find out about that Life-Virus and those changes how they making that now, I am getting Flu shot every year and I am fine.

Your case might be different..

Krys

The last one was about 7 years ago. And I was sicker through the whole flu season. Possibly I'd have been sicker without having had the shot, who knows?

Krys, I sure wish I could grab hold of a couple of grandbabies for all this...oh well... we all face time every other day and all seem to be well..

I am a bit sad tonight, no sunrise service, no egg huts with the babes... need to scrounge up a ham from the depths of the freezer.... dh is taking it hard... BUT, I am healthy, my family is healthy... we have food... our needs are met and I have yarn and Jesus,,,,

Ratdog, love the picture..... boys are such a blessing to mamas ... they are all up in our hearts huh?

Be safe ya'll

1 hour ago, howieann said:

The last one was about 7 years ago. And I was sicker through the whole flu season. Possibly I'd have been sicker without having had the shot, who knows?

If you got that shot 7 years ago even 10 years ago, that was not that old kind with a life virus in it. I do not know exactly when they stop making that old vaccine with that virus in it. But I do know it was a lot longer than 10 years ago. Even that new vaccine is not an insurance from not getting sick. Because their are many different types of those flu viruses going around..So each year they are trying to predict what types of flu we might get next season. And they are making that type of vaccine on those predictions. Sometimes they are wrong with those predictions and that vaccine that year will not help much. People still will get sick with flu.

You might want to try Vitamin-C. For that to work you need to take that every day whole year around...even Summer time. When I came to this country I was getting sick with flu couple/few times every year, it was just bad. I even lost my first job because of that. At that time one woman told me about that Vitamin -C & flu. A course I did not believe that!. But since I did not have any other ideas what to do about that, I did tried (every day) and it did worked like a magic!. That winter and next couple years I did not got flu even once (i was not getting Flu shots at that time either), I did not knew those flu shots existed. We did not had them in Poland at that time when I was there, but we did not had those bad flu seasons either.  Going back to my experience with that Vitamin-C.. After couple years or so.. I got used to not getting flu and stop taking that Vitamin- C. YES,  I started getting sick again that winter :(..

I am not saying that will work for you, your problem might be different. But if I were you I would try that (1000 mg per day). What do you got to loose??. Right now it will probably be hard to find that in stores. Almost all  good Vitamins are sold out, like TP LOL. They will get them back on shelf's.

Some people will start taking a LOT of that Vitamin-C when they get sick. That is not how that works. O do, it probably will help a little.

Krys

1 hour ago, minwifeof4boys said:

Krys, I sure wish I could grab hold of a couple of grandbabies for all this...oh well... we all face time every other day and all seem to be well.

Go and get them!, like me LOL

Krys

yes krys that would be good. my pillow cases that we used have  a good thread count too, plus it is 4 thicknesses, but we breathe fine with them on  my ones daughter got for us, have a filter inside, but have no idea what they used for that lol  but she says they too, like ours are washer and hang to dry so we always have 2 available lol  

• Like 1

HOPPY Easter everyone 

I too take vit c, and a multi vit. every day and have done for well forever lol 

was just cruising Omaha Steaks, gonna order a meat bundle, they have a couple on special, but i dont need the franks, or potato  stuff, so will just order beef, and maybe some pork  it will fill our freezer, but that is what it is for right, and if it saves handy from going out even one time, its worth it 

I do want to check one more here in town, Just Good Meat, but we have had Omaha steak bundles many

times and they are so good    

I dont buy macaroni and cheese in the box either, handy makes a super home made creamy tasty mac and cheese, so im spoiled lol  never did like the box stuff either  Home made with a bread crumbs and buttery topping is to die for 

well hope you all have had a good Easter so far, and are staying well!! Bailey4 i must apologize, i have some dolly blankets for you but wont mail cos of having to stand in line and such at the post office   you too segie, same thing but im hoping soon we can all get out for a bit without such worrying about it

Rained overnight and this am, no snow though so far.. i knew old man winter had already left for his vacation lol  

all for now check you all later!! :ghug

Omaha Steaks just the thought makes my mouth water.  I do agree about the bundles though.  There is much in them I'm not a fan of so why not just buy what you will eat.  A good friend got us a container a couple of years ago as a Christmas gift and my mouth still waters thinking about how wonderful the stuff in that cooler was to eat.

Happy Easter all of you.  We were blessed to do a video chat with DH's family today.  We normally would have his sis and her family but it was actually nice to see the family that lives across the country all at once.  It was about an hour gathering and it was cool to catch up with everyone.

As for the blankets we won't need them until Nov so we have time.  I am just grateful for all of you that make them.  I've gotten a couple done this year but I'm not traveling so I've been focused on other projects.

Oh I love Omaha.  I just got a package from them last week.

Brenda, you can make  up a package of what you like, you do not have to take what they offer.  I just got one with steaks, pork chops, hamburgers, 1/4 lb hotdogs.  I got one from them before with lots of seafood.

Wanted to pop in and say Hi!

good Monday morning

rainy and high winds,y'all south of us stay safe,gee at this time we don't need tornadoes on top of everything else

Made a cat igloo for my friend's cats. I'm working on a tunnel for them too using up scraps....it will be very colorful! Trying to be productive in some way while stuck at home.

IMG_20200413_161212_01.jpg

• Like 1

Love the igloo ratdog.  The tunnel should be fun.

When I got up at 7 this morning it was already 80 degrees and high humidity.

The pollen count is up to 10.  Bad day for allergy suffers.

Here is a place they sell FACE MASKS all kind...disposable gloves & much more. They have BIG  selection and prices are not bad at all. I thought I should post that link for you guys. Maybe some of you still do not have anything for your protection. 

My older granddaughter found that place :)

https://www.miniinthebox.com/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&inc_subcat=1&search_in_description=0&sid=sjjte7rrs2rdiqelhmduadhrm0&keyword=mask

We are back home and doing well! :) 

Krys

thanks krys, watch where you are ordering from igot an order from China but it took 2 months, i didnt know it was from there, and has taught me to look first at where it is shipping from lol  and not to harp but the product was inferior compared to made in america too   just sayin" lol  

some of them dont even say where it is coming from but the names are a clue, as is the shipping time  just so you know  

Edited by katyallen8090

Down day today, my grandmother who is 100 is now in hospice.... of course I KNOW she is 100, but she has meant so much to me... and now I can't even travel to go spend her last days with her...

shed a few tears, talked to so many folks I love and crocheted a bit... what else can we do....

ratdog, love the igloo....

Big 6 ft away, mask wearing, gloves hugs to everone...

• Sad 1

I'm so sorry.  I think this scenario is one of the great tragedies of this virus.  People not being able to be there to support those who are sick and dying alone.  It is frankly one of my worst nightmares.  Horrid to go but how much worse to go without the people you love to stand by you.  It is a cruel development of this disease.

It sounds like you two are close and while you can't be together she knows she's loved and that you would be there if there was a way.  It doesn't make it easier on you but what an amazing journey she's had at 100.

The beauty of the Internet is we don't need masks, gloves or to distance ourselves from the computer.  Peace and God Bless.  :hug

Ah Lea, so sorry to hear about your grandmother. :hug

Just a quick fly by to say Hi!

Good morning

((( HUGS ))) Lea,it is a very hard time for some many folks

its rainy here,laundry needs doing,stay safe out there

The world's UGLIEST cat tunnel! 

Scrap project used up several leftover balls of yarn.

1586955337020757535212.jpg

• Like 2

18 hours ago, katyallen8090 said:

thanks krys, watch where you are ordering from igot an order from China but it took 2 months, i didnt know it was from there, and has taught me to look first at where it is shipping from lol  and not to harp but the product was inferior compared to made in america too   just sayin" lol  

some of them dont even say where it is coming from but the names are a clue, as is the shipping time  just so you know  

i HAVE NO IDEA WHERE IS THAT COMPANY LOCATED. i NEVER BOUGHT ANYTHING FROM THEM.  MY GRANDDAUGHTER CAME ACROSS THAT  SHOP COUPLE DAYS AGO. i MIGHT BUY THOSE THIN PLASTIC GLOVES FROM THEM. i GOT SOME AT HOME BUT THEY ARE MUCH THICKER.

TODAY KIDS CAN NOT GO BIKE RIDING, WE GOT SNOW! :(. 

KRYS