katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2019 new thread

Another gloomy morning.  Getting rain, maybe, possibly or maybe not. Who knows certainly not the weathermen.

Finishing up a tote today and then I'll take pictures.

Katy our prayers are with you. 

Katy ~ I am so sorry for your loss.  Sending gentle hugs and prayers to you and your family. :hug

Good Morning.  Bright and sunny today.  No rain in the forecast.

How are you all in the Midwest doing?

Just posted my May table.  Growing up I remember looking forward to May, as it was close to school closing, block parties and the opening of the shore area.

Off to my corner.

Sunny here today....Our big event is going to the grocery store.... the weekend will be so busy I am glad there is not much to do!

I hope to get a bunch of crochet done today...

The storms last night missed us.  Today its cloudy with sporadic rain showers.  

Mary Jo I think your May table is so pretty and wonderful remembrance of your mother.  That is neat you have the cloth she made to cover this months table.  I cant remember what decorations you use on your May and June trees.  Mothers day weekend is going to be weird for me this year.  For over 10 years we have worked a bonsai exhibit that weekend, sometimes Fri, Sat, and Sun but things are in flux and changed this year.  

Today we attended a luncheon at the senior place.  It had been awhile since we have eaten there and the food was very good like I remembered.  We got to see the aquatic center, gym, and a couple of the new apartments.  The hostess at our table remembered us from a few years ago.  She had worked with my mom.

Well I guess crocheting is contributing to the numbness in my fingertips on my left hand.  First it was the index finger.  It got better then it was the middle finger.  Now its both.

53 minutes ago, bgs said:

The storms last night missed us.  Today its cloudy with sporadic rain showers.  

Mary Jo I think your May table is so pretty and wonderful remembrance of your mother.  That is neat you have the cloth she made to cover this months table.  I cant remember what decorations you use on your May and June trees.  Mothers day weekend is going to be weird for me this year.  For over 10 years we have worked a bonsai exhibit that weekend, sometimes Fri, Sat, and Sun but things are in flux and changed this year.  

Today we attended a luncheon at the senior place.  It had been awhile since we have eaten there and the food was very good like I remembered.  We got to see the aquatic center, gym, and a couple of the new apartments.  The hostess at our table remembered us from a few years ago.  She had worked with my mom.

Well I guess crocheting is contributing to the numbness in my fingertips on my left hand.  First it was the index finger.  It got better then it was the middle finger.  Now its both.

Thank you Brenda.  My two sisters and I each got a table cover and bed cover.  I call it an afghan, but it is made with thread.  Mine fits a queen size bed.  Anyway, It is a treasure I will be passing down.

The tree for May and June is full of flowers and butterflies.  I will have to get pictures.

Glad to hear that storms missed you.  The weather channel is scary to watch.

good Thursday morning

we must all be super busy,prayers for those that need them,have a wonderful day

Good Morning,

Been busy here but last night I slowed down to begin enjoying the weekend. My kids, grandkids, brother, dad and I went to dinner to celebrate Mother's Day since we can't all be together on Sunday. My mom wasn't feeling well so she didn't join us. I plan to spend the weekend doing things I enjoy, crocheting, sewing..... I guess I need to some laundry too, no it's not one of the things I especially enjoy but it must  be done.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Good Morning.

Eye Dr. appointment yesterday.  Afterwards, sensitive to light, so no computer.  Still a little fuzzy today.

Lots of rain last night.  May get more before the weekend is over.

Have fun today.

Oh here is a picture of my tree. Full of flowers and butterflies.

Tree May 2019 (1).JPG

Tree May 2019 (2).JPG

• Like 2

Beautiful tree!

good morning! I making bread for supper. Been out cleaned the yard. Planted a couple plants. They will live or die. I don't have a green tumb for plants .

Happy Mother's Day !!! Just in case I don't make it here tomorrow.

Good Morning and Happy Mother's Day!

Mary Jo, your tree is beautiful.

Owlvamp, I don't have a green thumb either.

I was up early and went to church. The kids and grandkids were here on Friday to celebrate Mother's Day so today should be quiet here. I'm trying to get my loom warped with a new project.

Have a great day everyone.

Happy Mother's Day !

Spent the weekend with friends from out of town, and also a belated bday party for Savannah.... we are so tired...

The next 2 days are busy and then  who knows what the rest of the week brings.

I am working on a round ripple mandala for dil and I need another cake... sure enough I am doing it with one that is discountinued...so I am on the hunt...

MJ, loved the tree...

Hi all. 

New thread has been bookmarked and tabbed to my home page. Sorry Ive been MIA for so long. its been a rough patch lately. Katiebug said to tell yo all hi and sorry shes been gone lately also. Ill pass along the new thread to her and hopefully she will ge ta chance to pop in. 

:hug for all.