katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2019 new thread

I need to start an ami for a christmas gift. Bought thenyarn but I need to find a place that sells motivation!

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, bgs said:

Mary Jo it sure looked like they were going to lose it..  Our time is up around Dec 11th and dh seems determined to sleep at old place until then. Wont have a refrigerator after Sun.  Just hoping I still have running water.  Think we will ask neighbor to disconnect washing machine just in case there is a problem since the place is his.  I just can not deal with dh and a plumbing fiasco on top of everything else.   Not much more to haul to new place.  Its stuffed full of boxes to go thru this winter.  Been working on address changes and signed up last week to start getting mail forwarded to new place.  So lets see bills going to new place, check book at old place but we are going to go pay personal property tax tomorrow while we are still out here.  Then swing by that license bureau to change addresses for our drivers licenses and car titles.  Updated address on my credit card last month and statement is running late this month so trying to keep up on that.  

Brenda that is great you are almost done with that move. I do not think you will want to stay in that house without fridge. Maybe your husband would..? Well, he probably dos not cook LOL.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING! :ttalk

Krys

Good Morning. Up early this morning.  Eye Dr. appointment.

It is 52 out and maybe we will get up to 72.  I know, I know, compared to you all up North, we are warm.

Not much going on.

Have a fun day.

Just popping in to say Hello

good late evening

was out the door at 8:30 didn't get home till 6:30,had a great day till we locked the keys in the car and Bill had to leave school and drive to Va Beach to unlock the car, ummmmmmmm he wasn't happy

then we found some yarn therapy at AC Moore,good thing that place is far from me,or I'd be in trouble

Oh Lyn that happened to me once.  I had to call someone, as DH was with me.

Cold, but beautiful day.  

Not much going on today.  I may go to Costco to get new glasses tomorrow, but we will decide then.

Off to see what trouble I can get into.

Have fun today TGIF

Hi Again.

I am asking here, as everytime I go to seeking patterns, It ask me for a question?

I am looking for a Christmas Towel Topper free pattern if I can.  I have 2 towels.  One has snowman on it the other is just a light blue.  Can anyone help

boy, have i been absent that long?? lol  been busy here too readying a load for dav (disabled am. vets) to take so been sorting too, and purging lol  i try to alternate charities when i can,

was sidetracked a couple of times but for the most part, stayed on task   pretty much  lol 

l  have had some very good dinners lately, handy is a good chef, lol and today am having the leftovers of last nights supper which is scalloped  taters and ham umm good   we still have half a pot of chilli and chicken and noodle casserole in the freezer too, for another day lol  i am glad he cooks ahead a little sometimes!!  

we both cleaned up the ham and bean soup of last week too, waited for a gloomy, chilli day and ate it all up lol  today the sun is out trying i think to reclaim fall, but i think hes got a fight ahead to do that this late lol  

i rescheduled my dr appt, as got a call he was going to be out of the office over the holidays so we moved me up  not a big deal ..

There is still pounding going on in the area, sometimes further away, but roofers, and siders must still have work regardless sometimes of the weather, they come in cover- alls, and hoodies, and by days end they are down to just their shirts lol 

Maxie watches them back and forth with little low growls, he is such a good watch kitty lol  I have only ever heard him once use his fighting growl, that un-nerving howl, when a stray cat didnt see Max in the window, and jumped up to the flower box on the outside of the window and boy all hec broke loose  that cat was down and up the street in seconds flat, and Max, job completed finished his snooze in the sun lol  He and the doggie used to compete for that spot, it was the rectangle cat play bench handy made for him carpeted with a coiple holes on the front also carpeted but the doggie would stretch out on the top, her fluffy tail hanging off to one side or the other,and if max wanted that spot, he had learned very quickly to barley touch Gingers tail, and she in turn would jump down and he would move into that  spot lol to say Max ruled the house, from day one,  regardless of seniority or not, is an under  statement lol  

ive also been watching msnbc a lot lately and i can listen when doing other things so the tv is on a lot more than usual in my craft room lol 

i tend to listen more than i watch any show in here though as i am always doing something hands on lol  i expect to post out my hats ans scarves first week of nov to kimmie at the pine ridge youth center  she says she loves going through the boxes and seeing all the goodies  lol  i cant believe thanks giving is  less than a week away note to self email daughter as to her intentions on Thanksgiving lol 

hope you are all well, glad to hear bgs, that you are getting so much done in the last throws of this tumultuous   move lol hope all goes well for the rest of the way!! 

well, hello to everyone out there, stay healthy and safe, and ill be back sooner than later now that my chores list has shrunk some!! 

Edited by katyallen8090

I survived another week... spent most of the week purging crochet magazines and crocheting... we hope to move next year... 5 acres int he country is just getting to be a bit much for us... while I love canning and gardening, chickens and goats... I think that season of our lives is over... looking forward to easy dinners, grocery stores that are not 1/2 hour away and cable tv..LOL

Now tell me why in the world it took me all these years to get addicted to C2C blankets... love ti... working on one for a Christmas gift... you know just immediate family of kids and grands... there are 17...I am going to go broke... I had to cut off the nieces and nephews plus my siblings... we are like rabbits in this family...LOL

Headed to jamie and Emily' ( my oldest) this weekend to see the grandson ) Jacob) they live in charlotte and we have not seen their new house..

Hope all is well

Good Morning. 

It seems like this week was super busy and went super fast, too fast, I didn't get everything done but I was exhausted last night and fell asleep on the sofa. Of course I'm not sleeping well either, I was asleep early but awake every hour starting a midnight until 4 a.m. So today it's laundry and finishing some Christmas sewing so I can give the grandkids their outfits when they are here on Thanksgiving. Oh I did start some Christmas shopping while I was getting groceries at Walmart this week. I was able to get 3 of the grandkids gifts and then ordered a gift for the oldest granddaughter. Now I just need to shop for the adults.

I guess that is enough rambling for now. I hope you all have a great day.

Good Morning.

Lea, I am trying to purge some things, as I am collecting to much stuff.

Enjoy your visit. It is always fun to see new homes, grandkids and our kids.  Not In that order.

Was suppose to go and pick out new glasses today, but I have changed my mind.  Don't have the energy.

The pool is good, now I have to make a decision whether to call tile people now or wait till after the holidays.

Well, off to get a package ready to go out.

Have a fun day.

the good mornings are headed up the east coast

its 50 partly cloudy,we are headed to Norfolk to the re-use center,we are hoping to be done before 3 pm before the downpours start

have a great day

Fingers crossed that the highest stressors of moving are over.  Got enough of right kind of mail with new address to get my real id drivers license with new address.  That is a real challenge since so many things are done online and they wont accept a statement that is not mailed to you. Took care of getting new address on car titles which you do not need to do that but I wanted to add my niece to transfer on death (trying to take care of that stuff too).

I think last major stressor was solved yesterday afternoon.  I had told my niece months ago she could have my refrigerator and washing machine if she could get someone to haul it for her. They are coming tomorrow.  We have had many plumbing nightmares thru the years and became extremely worried about disconnecting the washer.  After stressing over it for a few days I told dh you know we should really ask neighbor if he would come down and disconnect it because 1) its his house so if something goes wrong he should know and 2) he is a pipe fitter and installs fire suppression systems.  Neighbor said no problem,  came down in his company truck.  One faucet shut off no problem but other one failed.  We shut the water off,  he removed faucet, went to his truck for part,  and plugged the line in just a few minutes.  I gave him a hug and told how grateful I was ---- dh is cursed when it comes to plumbing.  I was afraid I would be having to spend my last couple of weeks out there with the water shut off and no refrigerator.  The refrigerator isnt a big deal.  We are not eating much there except cereal, bananas, peanut butter, etc and I can use a cooler for what little we need to keep cold.  

• Like 1

good morning

glad you are almost done,and get to relax soon,Bgs

Just stopped in to say Hi!  Got up it was 67 not suppose to get much warmer today.

Made some peanutbutter cookies this morning.  I had them in the freezer, so I took out about 8 to cook.

Well off to watch some football and relax.

Have a fun day.

Well refrigerator, washing machine, and push mower made it to their new home yesterday.  By the time we stopped by the refrigerator was humming and the washer was  finishing its first load in its new home.   I had told my niece to run a load as soon as she could and not let it sit with the dregs of our very hard water in it for very long.  Sis #2 and bil found some things they took too.  I gave sis our grandpa's Jesus knocking on the door picture.  I was 5 and she was a baby when he passed but it hung in grandma's bedroom for many years following so we remember it well.    She said I can come visit it.   I am having to work at keeping  dh focused on just packing the things he wants and reminding him the rest can stay if we cant get to it.  Utilities are going to transfer on Dec 12.  I am having a hard time coming up with things to fill suv to capacity on our runs in to check mail and use our dining credit.  Thats good because new place is full of boxes for us to go thru.  

Havent had time to think much about Thanksgiving but I did notice sis #2 's birthday falls on it this year.  Three restaurants at the new place are open Thanksgiving so sis #1 and niece are going to join us there for a buffet.  They have been coming to our place for Thanksgiving for many years.  Often it was the only time they made it out this way.  They have been stopping by new place nearly every week.  

Lea I  know exactly what you mean about 5 acres and everything 30 minutes away.  We didnt have goats but kept bees.  Have you convinced dh that you need to be seriously considering moving and have you decided where you want to move?  Dh made his mind up several years ago when he visited an 80 year old friend living out here.  He said he noticed how run down the place had gotten and decided he did not want to be out here in his 70's mowing and digging on septic lines. I knew we needed to move but had hoped to put it off another year and that he would work on cleaning things out during that time rather than doing it this way but things fell into place.  I kept thinking something would go wrong along the way.  Things just seemed to fall in place for the most part so I take that as a sign it was time.  Heads up this moving business has been so stressful that dh and I most likely would be divorcing if we could afford it.  We cant imagine living thru something like this another 5 years down the line.  At the new place I have already called for them to change the filters in the furnace and refrigerator.  I never have to visit the plumbing aisle again!

Brenda I am very happy that everything is coming finally to the end for you with that move:).  Soon you will be able to rest a little after all that work....

Having Thanksgiving dinner at restaurant that is a great idea! :). I am all for it, I do not cook! LOL

Happy Thanksgiving to Everyone! :ttalk

Krys

Well, looks like you are getting closer to the light at the end of the tunnel for your move.

We had Thanksgiving dinner at a restaurant one year.  The next day we cooked our own.  Missed the left over turkey and the smell in the house.

Got back from the Dr. DH is ok, needs to go back in 6 months.  Stopped at the store to get the last that I will need for dinner Thursday.  I am now in for the duration.  I refuse to go out after Thursday, unless it is to a Dr.

Have a great day.

Mary Jo when you mentioned "the end of the tunnel". You put a smile on my face and that is because of one picture came to my mind.

Krys

Here is that picture of the end of the tunnel LOL

Tunnel.jpg

Edited by USpolishgirl
  • Haha 1

hello everyone  my gosh carol you sure made those Christmas outfits fast, hope to see um! Your sewing projects always bring a smile!! 

Bgs there is a light for you too, lol  it is growing everyday from that pnpoint you first saw, to a bigger and more powerful spotlight!! Im happy for you too  it is almost reached the end  

Got the first of a dusting of snow today for the next two days we expect more as this just amounted to a dusting so i didnt light a candle for it, lol has in my mind to be over at least 2 or 3 inches to warrant a candle lol  

cant believe its Thanksgiving almost already we have taken out a boneless turkey breast to thaw for Thursday, and not sure the kids will make it yet but we will have a good dinner anyway.. we just make our dressing in a pan, add some drippings to it and cover and it turns out really good, and we dont miss the turkey carcass at all lol  

with the kids on that keto diet and me being diabetic we all decided to for- go a desert..Handy said he would not miss one as he is usually full from the dinner, and i seldom eat much if any sweets and them on that sugar free, carb free diet, they wont eat it either so, one less thing to do i guess 

I have some sugar free cookies if we miss something sweet too much lol  

Handy hauled off some things for charity, shoes and stuff, and i found a box of Christmassy dish towels i can make use of lol  just have to sort out the ones in the cupboard that are thin or raggedy first lol  i usually try to catch those kind before i do a load but sometimes one or two slip by lo 

so i guess that is all my news for now just a lot of the same, different day lol  i may vacuum here too, got that on my list lol  

ill see you all soon ok take care now!!

l

Edited by katyallen8090

Krys thanks for the light at the end of tunnel photo.  I needed a chuckle.

Yep its become difficult to fill suv on our runs to check mail and use dining credit.  Now I am  having to remember to pack dh a little jar of milk and sandwich stuff for supper in little cooler and swap out ice bottles when leaving new place.

Katy not liking looking at snow predictions on the  weather map.  We are not supposed to get any but it wouldnt be first time they missed it.  Dh is taking snow shovel back with us just in case.  He gave away the one that was left at old place.   If its slick or we get snowed in at old place for Thanksgiving guess we will be having canned chicken on crackers.  

• Like 1

Brenda I'm glad you'll be finishing up your move soon and will be able to settle in to the new place.

Katy I'll try to get pictures posted this weekend.

Krys that is a cute picture. 

I am off from work for the rest of the week. Tomorrow I need to some cleaning and start baking for Thursday. I will be hosting Thanksgiving at my house this year and then on Friday my kids and grandkids will be back to help decorate for Christmas. Tonight I'm just trying to stay awake long enough to finish typing this post.

Have a good night everyone.

• Like 1

Good Morning.

I was awake way too early. I'm planning to do some baking today and some sewing.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

good morning cshort,have a lovely holiday with your family