katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2019 new thread

Good Morning.

It is a beautiful day.  We are done with the clinic,:clap:rofl so we are in a very happy frame of mind.

Wanted to drop in, before I go to my corner to finish an afghan I am working on.

Have a bright and beautiful day.

Good morning!

Happy you are finished at the clinic Mary Jo!! I'm sure hubby is too.

Mary Jo I was just sitting here and starting to ask where Tampa Guy was with his treatments.  Glad they are over.  As usual didn't see game Sun but saw highlights.  Guess Big Red did not watch as Butker made final field goal.  He turned away and waited for crowds response to know what happened.  Also saw Mahomes running onto field and jumping up and down congratulating his fellow team mates.  Sure didn't look like he had anything wrong with knee or ankle.  

Yesterday took rest of bonsai to new place and got them all situated for winter.  Today after hauling concrete blocks to niece's house we set up scaffolding hopefully for last time and gave neighbor a lesson on cleaning the chimney, hooking up stove pipe, went over draining well,  and a few other things.

Good afternoon.

I have been working on an afghan for my SIL.  That is done and now I am making a stuffie to go with it.  That is almost done.  I hope to get pictures in a couple of days.

Brenda, I saw Mahone also and yelled STOP IT.  What I heard was he was ready the next week, but Andy said NO!.  They said that he has lose muscles in his knees, that is why it was not as bad as it should of been.  I was glad to see them win.  It was a good and surprising Sunday.  Good - Eagles and KC won.  Bad - Dallas won and the Pats lost.  Oh well, that is how it goes.  Some are blaming the black cat that ran on the field during the game in the Meadowlands.  :rofl

Have fun today.

Hello.

It's been a couple of busy days and I am really tired tonight. So I think I will be asleep as soon as the clothes finish drying.

Have a great night.

Mary Jo they are saying Mahomes genetically has loose muscles in his knees and that coupled with the trainer getting to him so quickly on the field and popping the knee cap back in place is why he does not have the damage someone else might have had.  Down side because of the loose muscles it probably popped out easier.  Loved the video of the black cat but I sort of felt bad for it being in that big open space and all those noisy people.  I hadnt heard the Pats lost---that goes in my good column.

Today worked in attic, made our run into new place for lunch (gotta use that dining credit or lose it), check the mail, drop off more things, and check on bonsai.  Stopped for groceries on way back to old place.  

good morning

just starting to sip on coffee,I think the fair weather days are getting slim,I will have to dig out his long sleeve shirts for school soon

have a great day

Still morning so Good Morning.

I have finished the afghan and stuffy that are going together to my SIL.  Pictures also taken.  So one project down and one to go. 

Taped Fox and Friends and finished watching that.  They are done here in St. Petersburg.  Beautiful day for them to be here and a beautiful background.  Where they were sitting was looking out over the Bay to the Tampa Skyline.

Yeah, Brenda, that can be a problem, but so much went right and Andy, from what we hear, is not putting him on the field till he thinks all is right.

Off to get my next project started.

Have a fun day.

On 11/5/2019 at 9:36 AM, Tampa Doll said:

Good Morning.

It is a beautiful day.  We are done with the clinic,:clap:rofl so we are in a very happy frame of mind.

Wanted to drop in, before I go to my corner to finish an afghan I am working on.

Have a bright and beautiful day.

oh yay for you both!!

hi all, good to hear MJ!!  my time lately has been used moving sme things around, going through some more, and dusting it all lol  and i have to take advantage of handys willingness to help sooo lol we bought an electric fireplace with the screen you can change from fire place with logs and flames to snow falling or a few more, plus it heats too, no chiming needed lol so we had to make room for it, we got the corner shaped mantel and it fits nicely in the room lol  for the first time in years, i can hang our stockings on the mantel!!  i grew up wit two fire places in our home and have not had one since, handy surprised me with it yesterday, when he found the one i chose, no one had that particular one in stock in town, , but he went out of town and found one, and it is the exact model i picked out!! I was surprised, as i had given up the idea, till next year lol  its just great, i love it  I guess i can count it as an Xmas gift, least for a couple years lol    close enough anyway huh  got is assembled, and in place last evening, and the big tv fits on the mantel tooo, i wasn't  sure it would but it did  we have no extra top space on either side as the tv is at least 55 inches long but it fits lol  and the fireplace casts a warm glow over the room even without the heat part on, it seems warmer in the room lol  Maxie is overjoyed lol putting it  together was all handy,, with parts called a and aa, b, and bb up to like k and he couldn't locate the two kks, i told him im here, im here lol  he was not amused lol  

but he finished it finding the kks in the bag of hardware, two small rubber stoppers for the glass door to open who'd have thought that would be in the screws bag huh  lol  oh yeah it was me lol  

our good neighbor helped handy two wheel it in, thank goodness for the back ramp lol  and now today he came over to see it, says mom Alice now will want one lol 

so we have been busy the last few days, although if i had known about it coming yesterday, i could have had a lot done already cept the moving stuff around thing  we only had to scoot the grandfather clock over a bit, and mess with the cords and such moving the tv but everything works, the cable on the tv for cox, and the vcr/ dvd payer all in place on the glass shelf and the tv on the top mantel just as i thought it would look he had doubted, i did not , cause I measure things before i get them lol   lol  I think last count for remotes now are up to five out there on my end table lol  i need one of those remote keeper things out there lol reminder to self check amazon lol   anyway we are almost winterized handy just now went to get new furnace filters, and a low wattage light bulb for my clock hutch and then we are ready for the snow lol  my ample supply of candles for aviance* and good luck are at arms reach for  at least the first real snow if not all season lol Daughter and i are set for candles lol 

but we will have to be patient, as mother nature is in charge of that i guess  

well all i got, back to the chores at hand lol  later all  

Edited by katyallen8090

Katy we have a fireplace at new place!  Its in wall with glass on three sides.  Flip a switch to turn it on.  This on living room side as you go into dining area and out to patio.  20191107_125415_HDR.thumb.jpg.bd1d82f5bf7103244a92581b31ff0886.jpg

This is the dining area/kitchen side.

20191107_125349.thumb.jpg.4de407c5db5b1370121400651553e12e.jpg

• Like 1

I have had both and a gas or electric fireplace is the best.  NO CLEAN-UP and NO SOOT.  

Love the pictures of the place is that an enclosed area behind the fireplace to you left>

Well off to get some work done, tonight is Raiders and Chargers.  Our Lightning does not play till tomorrow and Saturday.  They are in Sweden.  So cool, that some of the players get to play at home in front of family and friends.

When we bought our house it came with big brick wood burning fireplace. My husband like that and I hate that!. Was way too messy for me. I called a place, they were fireplace builders. I asked them to change my fireplace to gas and they did. My husband was not very happy about that change, BUT, I was !! LOL.

From that time I love my fireplace & my clean Family room :).

Krys

6 hours ago, bgs said:

Katy we have a fireplace at new place!  Its in wall with glass on three sides.  Flip a switch to turn it on.  This on living room side as you go into dining area and out to patio.  20191107_125415_HDR.thumb.jpg.bd1d82f5bf7103244a92581b31ff0886.jpg

This is the dining area/kitchen side.

20191107_125349.thumb.jpg.4de407c5db5b1370121400651553e12e.jpg

Brenda, your new place looks very nice :)

Are those Bonsai trees on that rack?

Krys

Yes Krys those are our trees.

Mary Jo the patio (aka dh's living quarters if he is not good) is screened in and has an electric outlet, light, and ceiling fan.  Neighbors is glassed in.  We might check into that next year.  Have to jump thru hoops with paperwork for permission and would have to pay for materials but think they install it.  

8 hours ago, bgs said:

Mary Jo the patio (aka dh's living quarters if he is not good) is screened in and has an electric outlet, light, and ceiling fan.  Neighbors is glassed in.  We might check into that next year.  Have to jump thru hoops with paperwork for permission and would have to pay for materials but think they install it.  

Brenda those tiny trees are very cute :)..  How tall you usually let them grow?. 

I do not think you should have much problems getting OK with installing that glass around your porch. Since your neighbor got OK from them to do that, so for you same rules should apply. You probably would have a lot more problems with them IF you would be the first one coming- up with that glass idea.

Glass sounds a lot better than screens. First of all you will get a lot more day light coming in and your porch will be more secured. Not mentioning it would help keeping cold or hot weather out of there. If would be needed just a portable heating or air conditioning unit would probably do the trick. I think wants you would install that glass around that porch would become more like an extra room :). That is how that sounds to me, I could be wrong..

Your new place looks nice, I am happy for you :). 

Most important you got those "handy guys" to fix stuff for you.

You probably can not wait to start decorating your new home for Christmas! :)

Krys

15 hours ago, bgs said:

That is nice.  I use to love sitting on our porch in the morning with my coffee and watch the sun come up.  Yeah, we have the same problem here, if we want to do anything on the outside of the house, including the landscaping and color we paint the house.  Our problem is the homeowners association.

Well, seen the foot Dr. this morning, ran to the bank and a quick trip to the grocery store for my prescription.

So I am now home for the rest of the day.

Hockey game at 2, as they are playing in Sweden.  Should be fun.

Have a fun day.

Krys most of our trees are about 12 to16 inch range.  A couple we won might be a little taller and I am working with some cuttings to do smaller ones.  I get more joy out of rooting cuttings than designing trees.  Some of the bonsai members are into the the larger trees but they take up too much space and are too heavy to carry.  We have so much to learn at new place about  who you contact for what.  As you said it shouldnt be a problem to get approved to glass the patio in.  We just have to see how much it costs and if we can swing it.  Also want to make sure they dont raise our monthly fee because of the improvement.  We kept an electric heater that we bought a couple of years ago thinking it would work well if we glassed in the patio.  I am finding I dont like the rain and snow blowing in there getting the outdoor carpeting wet.  Dh likes it much hotter than I do so I think he would be fine sitting out there in summer.  I dont think it gets a lot of sun and there is a ceiling fan.  There are a lot of trees so I was sort of worried about our bonsai ever getting enough sun.  Need to study the sun pattern over the seasons.  Some trees dont need as much sun as others so we can cull them out as they die off.  There are so many trees and now leaves that we decided we should keep the leaf rake so dh can keep them cleaned from in front of garage door. We have more green space around us than most since we are on the corner and on one hole of the golf course.  The one street is 4 lane so I am glad we set back a good distance from that.  The view is better towards the 4 lane road and golf course.  The view from the garage door is the balconies of the apartments across the street.  Our unit is different from the others in that our "front" door is actually on the side which has the better view. Most everyone else's is in front near their garage door.   I have also noticed that instead of pulling out tree sprouts they have clipped them back thru the years so now they have  thick trunks and keep coming back so going to keep my bottle of stump killer to kill them.  Then dig down and cut them off.  Dh says I need to watch it or I will find myself a position as a volunteer aid to the ground crew.  

Mary Jo dh was doing little projects on the patio like assembling a couple of deck boxes and says he is going to like sitting back there (in warm weather).  With our cold temps though he is eyeing that fireplace.  I be having to set thermostat at 60 instead of 65 or open that patio door.  The walk in closet is often too hot for me to work in.  Its a whole new world not owning the house and property and none of the places I ever lived had HOA's.  

23 minutes ago, pineknott said:

what are HOA's?

Home owner associations

14 hours ago, bgs said:

Krys most of our trees are about 12 to16 inch range.  A couple we won might be a little taller and I am working with some cuttings to do smaller ones.  I get more joy out of rooting cuttings than designing trees.  Some of the bonsai members are into the the larger trees but they take up too much space and are too heavy to carry.  We have so much to learn at new place about  who you contact for what.  As you said it shouldnt be a problem to get approved to glass the patio in.  We just have to see how much it costs and if we can swing it.  Also want to make sure they dont raise our monthly fee because of the improvement.  We kept an electric heater that we bought a couple of years ago thinking it would work well if we glassed in the patio.  I am finding I dont like the rain and snow blowing in there getting the outdoor carpeting wet.  Dh likes it much hotter than I do so I think he would be fine sitting out there in summer.  I dont think it gets a lot of sun and there is a ceiling fan.  There are a lot of trees so I was sort of worried about our bonsai ever getting enough sun.  Need to study the sun pattern over the seasons.  Some trees dont need as much sun as others so we can cull them out as they die off.  There are so many trees and now leaves that we decided we should keep the leaf rake so dh can keep them cleaned from in front of garage door. We have more green space around us than most since we are on the corner and on one hole of the golf course.  The one street is 4 lane so I am glad we set back a good distance from that.  The view is better towards the 4 lane road and golf course.  The view from the garage door is the balconies of the apartments across the street.  Our unit is different from the others in that our "front" door is actually on the side which has the better view. Most everyone else's is in front near their garage door.   I have also noticed that instead of pulling out tree sprouts they have clipped them back thru the years so now they have  thick trunks and keep coming back so going to keep my bottle of stump killer to kill them.  Then dig down and cut them off.  Dh says I need to watch it or I will find myself a position as a volunteer aid to the ground crew.  

Mary Jo dh was doing little projects on the patio like assembling a couple of deck boxes and says he is going to like sitting back there (in warm weather).  With our cold temps though he is eyeing that fireplace.  I be having to set thermostat at 60 instead of 65 or open that patio door.  The walk in closet is often too hot for me to work in.  Its a whole new world not owning the house and property and none of the places I ever lived had HOA's.  

Brenda you are are one "Hot Chick"! LOL. You setting your thermostat on 60-65??, I would die from cold & shivering if I would do that :(.  I need to have my thermostat set at least on 72. 

I just LOVE those small Bonsai trees. They are so cute, they look like fully grown trees but they are tiny like midgets :).  I do not like them that much when they are bigger. Do you use only copper wire to shape those branches?.

I know as far as I will ever get to own one of those is to crochet one LOL. I might just do that I have that crochet Bonsai tree picture (no pattern) for many years. I think I know why I newer made that tree, it was because I do not know what type of wire I would need to buy for that project..??. I probably would need to go to store & feel those different wires with my fingers and see what might work..?.

About your porch. You will get for sure more day light thru glass than screens. I know you said that you do not have much sun light there. Well, that will not change but it will be much lighter there in a day time.

Living by a golf course I think is great :).  About 8 or9 years ago I was ready to buy a beautiful brand new house in Wisconsin (my daughter lives there). That house was sooo beautiful and it was  next to a golf course. In master bedroom one of the walls was round, glass from top to bottom on that whole wall looking at that golf course.  Just lying down on a bed with remote control you could open or close those huge blinds on that wall. From outside no one could see anything inside that house. It was a special glass on those windows. I guess all those blinds were there just to block the sun light when needed. On the end I decided  not to move there because I could not trust my daughter & my son in law that they will STOP moving constantly. They were moving almost every year even to different States. I just did not wanted to be left alone in Wisconsin. There is nothing to do in that place, I would feel lost there. Here I am about 30-40 min. from Chicago. We have a lot to do do,  and many places to go to have some fun.

You just need more time to figure it out everything what you will need to do there in your new home to be comfortable. It is like everyone else who ever moved to new place, it takes time..:).

I know I showed you that picture of that crochet Bonsai tree that  I never got around to make. I will post that picture here so others  can see that. I know the more I am talking to you about those bonsai the more I am thinking of making that tree! LOL

Krys

Tree 4.jpg

• Like 1

That cup next to that tree, that is a pot for that tree. I have no idea why that picture came up so small??

Good morning everyone.

I had the kids and grandkids here for dinner last night, sloppy joes and tater tots at the request of my grandson. My grandson will be spending the long weekend with me and my little granddaughter will be here tomorrow and possibly Monday. My daughter and the other 2 grands will be back on Monday to spend the day and pick up my grandson. Should be a fun weekend.

I hope you all are doing well and have a wonderful weekend.

That is one cool looking tree Krys.

Brenda you should have no trouble with the HOA if you want to replace the screens with windows, since your neighbor has already done it.

I would not,  expect a lot of heat out of the fireplace.  I could be wrong.  In the winter the heat is turned up to  68 during the day and it goes to about 65 at night. 

Today we are had clouds when we got up it was also 67 degrees outside with no humidity.  Wants me to put on sweats. :rofl

Have a fun day everyone.