katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2019 new thread

ha, glad she got caught<    bgs good luck moving hope it is all you dreamed it would be forever and always  send me an addy when you can ok thanks 

mj, sounds like you have been keeping busy as well as you tribble.. 

i found some stuff to do but now it is done lol  least for now  so i am going to sip my diet coke, and relax for a few!!  see ya soon 

!

Since rain is moving in for next few days we loaded up paver stones for my niece and stuff for our place on top.  Stopped at Aldi and bought things for the refrigerator and freezer for quickish meals.  We unloaded stuff at our place stopped at one of the restaurants for lunch to use our dining credit.  Our favorite place is the closest one to us.  You can sit and look out at the golf course and little lake.  You can get a good meal with drink for $8 total,  no tax because the senior place is not for profit, and since you go thru the line to order and pay no tip.  After lunch we stopped at Target to get a few things.  Its great to get in car and in 5 minutes be somewhere to get what you need.  Then on up the road to my nieces.  Today I used the washer, dryer and oven.  Had to get book out to figure out oven.  Dh got a lesson on garbage disposals and remotes for garage doors.  There are a lot of cobwebs on rhe outside of the unit.  Dh took our mailbox and garden hose holder off the house and cleaned them.  We are finding by the time we are thru its rush hour so we have been fixing supper there and then coming back.  

• Like 1

Just a quick hello today.  I am on my way to an out of town family funeral and then a fish fry. Will be gone all day, so probably no "hooking" today. 

Crochet hugs to all of you.

good morning

sounds really good Bgs, not having the long drive to get places

when you get a spare minute I'd like your new address,thanks

I too would like your new address, especially for the school's thank you notes.

hi debbie you sound busy lol , you too bgs, so glad your long distance driving is  or will be over, as  i worried about you all in the winter months  

day has been busy, as i got quite a bit done today, changing bed, doing laundry. dishes, vacuuming, bathroom didnt do floors yet, i will steam mop maybe tomorrow lol I even worked off a few small balls of yarn on some 6 and 8 inch squares for Pam lol Now i dont know oh i did my crochet book cupboard done the other day. didnt purge much at all, just organized  now the cupboard below is needing done it holds whatever, including what i have left of sports yarn, and  a big zip lock giant size of pom poms lol 

i have seen a large black and gray cat creep out from under the neighbors hostas, stretch, and amble over to the fence, jumped it and perched on top of our lawnmower shed , shortly there after, the herd of turkey gobbled by on neighbors side of the fence, i know the cat heard them coming cats dont want anything to do with them lol  and i saw a bunny, laying flat out under my car with only his ears showing, and two actual humming birds chasing each other around the backyard  so mother nature is giving me all sorts of eye candy here today   

looks like rain though, they say a 50 50 chance lol  thats covering their call huh  either way it goes, they arent wrong lol 

well, you all take care, and stay dry ok , later!! 

fun fact for the day, did you know that it took only under 3 minutes for Abraham Lincoln, to deliver his Gettysburg address, and that is was only 272 words long, but will live in infamy forever   4 score and seven years ago,or 87  years  as a score it seems is 20 years  ... ok im out  

Edited by katyallen8090

I found the bag with our library cats in it, so I'm being able to get going on that project again!

hi all rained heavy all night severe storm warnings but all clear today and the sun is out   i swear i heard the same thunder roll for over 10 minutes not several, but  all in one, the same one for what seemed forever lying in bed trying to get to sleep  lol  much lightning flashing through the blinds too, i finally gave up and watched tv for a while lol  

so even though i am sort of running on empty it seems, i have accomplished a lot just so far today lol  maybe i should sleep less all the time huh lol  the good part, i dont think its gonna rain tonight lol  

well, back to work all talk soon  take care  oh im curious as to what is a library cat, lol  see ya soon..

Good morning Everyone, sure wish we was getting some rain. It's been dry and real hot here. Glad everyone is doing good. I'm doing good. You all have a nice day. Take care.

Well our humidity is down, so it is a little cooler here.

Got back from my heart Dr. and all is well, except for my blood pressure, so he upped my medicine and I have to see him in 6 months, instead of a year.  I have lost 2 more lbs. since I saw the regular. Dr., so that is a total of 8 lbs.  Don't know how and don't care.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Off to my corner to relax.

Have fun.

Good afternoon,on the news they said we have had only two days of rain,yep have had to water to keep plants alive,enjoy the day

You can have some of ours.  I'm ready to go back to summer :).

rain here is too much too deb lol  we are thinking of moving to where they have house boats lol  jk   seriously though, one drenching gully washer, after another lately  sheesh ma nature, turn off the spigots for a while will ya lol  chilly this am, hot this afternoon, perfect weather to catch a cold huh 

I finished off a full 5 ounce skein of stray yarn today it made exactly, 10 squares lol  i mean it too, i only had about an 8 inch piece left when i finished the last one lol   so am thinking, each square must  use 2 ounces of yarn  next experiment is how many winds it takes on my hand, to make an exact 2 ounce ball for one 6 inch  square he he he   well it kleeps me interested anyway lol  Im guessing right now but im gonna say off hand, probably oh, 125 wraps??anyone else want to venture a guess.  i am going to use red heart, 4 ply for my test tomorrow lol  ill let you know who came really close lol ..

ok have been doing some research on diff stitches and have decided i dont need to learn that crocodile tears thing dang lol  too confusing for me I

guess!!   Love the look, but too much turning this way or that  i may take another shot at it, who really knows lol only the shadow !!  

Well got my pom pom cupboard cleaned out today and im done lol  wasn't at all bad, least i thought it would be worse but no, not hard lol   

I guess i organized it good the last time lol 

well thats all i have so ill check out now see ya all soon be well!!    

24 minutes ago, katyallen8090 said:

I finished off a full 5 ounce skein of stray yarn today it made exactly, 10 squares lol  i mean it too, i only had about an 8 inch piece left when i finished the last one lol   so am thinking, each square must  use 2 ounces of yarn  next experiment is how many winds it takes on my hand, to make an exact 2 ounce ball for one 6 inch  square he he he   well it kleeps me interested anyway lol  Im guessing right now but im gonna say off hand, probably oh, 125 wraps??anyone else want to venture a guess.  i am going to use red heart, 4 ply for my test tomorrow lol  ill let you know who came really close lol ..

That's going to vary by the yarn type and the color.  Dye will affect/effect weight as well as gauge.  What kind of squares are you making?

Quick check in.  Things seem to be going well with moving but I am so exhausted I can hardly think.  Have been having problems with my mind shutting down so I can sleep but shouldnt be a problem tonight.  

Good Morning everyone.

Busy morning so far.  Had to go and get my new prescription (not in yet, not till this afternoon).  So I did some shopping and when we got home, it was breakfast and wash.

Beautiful day today, as the humidity is down.

Have a fun day.

23 hours ago, katyallen8090 said:

who really knows lol only the shadow !!  

Gosh!!!  I haven't heard THAT for a few (MANY) years!!!  I LOVED that show!!!!!!

Dh took his golf clubs to the new place today.  We are on the 5th hole of a 9 hole course.  Also took most of clothes from closet. I put the big things in and then I grab anything in the house that I know is going that will fit in the space that is left.  Today we unboxed the tv and put the feet on it and set it up on a portable work bench.  I took my printer, docking station, keyboard and mouse up there and rehooked everything back up using an old stereo cabinet.  Sat I realized that our old computer desk just is not going to work.  I found one that is much smaller and has doors on the front so you can close it.  Computer hook up is in living room so I like you can close the doors.  I think we are going to run by Menards and order it tomorrow.  

1 hour ago, bgs said:

Dh took his golf clubs to the new place today.  We are on the 5th hole of a 9 hole course.  Also took most of clothes from closet. I put the big things in and then I grab anything in the house that I know is going that will fit in the space that is left.  Today we unboxed the tv and put the feet on it and set it up on a portable work bench.  I took my printer, docking station, keyboard and mouse up there and rehooked everything back up using an old stereo cabinet.  Sat I realized that our old computer desk just is not going to work.  I found one that is much smaller and has doors on the front so you can close it.  Computer hook up is in living room so I like you can close the doors.  I think we are going to run by Menards and order it tomorrow.  

Brenda sounds like everything is going OK :). I know each time you move to new place something will not work or will not fit well. That is one of the reasons I am staying in same house for about 30 years..LOL. I have to admit I might be little jellos of your swimming pool :). I did had a inground swimming pool and I took that out about 3 years ago! :(. And now I am not so sure IF I done the right thing by doing that?. Because I do miss that swimming pool. My reasons were for taking that out, that swimming pool was making my life too complicated....Because ALL pumps and water heater for that swimming pool were in my basement :(. I had to stay home ALL summer so those service guy  could have excess to that basement when they were cleaning those filters & other stuff. I just could not give them excess to my house when I was not home. I would need to give them a code to my alarm system :( . And there was NO way that I would ever do that.  The second reason was: ALL that expense for nothing..kids are living on their own and in different States. That was a big swimming pool (about 40 thousand gallons of water). Just to run those filter pumps, electricity bills were higher over 500 dollars a months, not mentioning  those cleaning services.....& chemicals. Opening & closing for summer & winter, both little over $1,500.00 per year. And ALL those repairs after winter...Where I live all those pipes underground needed to be filled with alcohol for winter. And that swimming pool cover for winter.

Right now I am not so sure if I done the right thing taking that swimming pool out..?. I do miss it a lot... Here is a picture of part of my swimming pool & me when I was little younger :).

Me & my husband we put in that swimming pool after we bought this house.

Krys

IMG_20190914_0001.jpg

good morning

have been busy this a.m. have 4 things already crossed off my list,one more then out the door,30 minute drive to a distant library,over two high rise bridges,don't care for bridges,Rene' is driving,have a wonderful day

Krys I think with all the expense and hassle you did the right thing on your pool.  I used to dream about having a pool but because of expense, work, and hassle it remained a dream.  Then here in the midwest where you can only use it 3 maybe 4 months it just didnt seem worth it unless you enclosed it.  Through the years I had memberships at a local pool, the Y, and Bally Fitness center.  I can see why you miss it.  It was beautiful.  

2 hours ago, bgs said:

Krys I think with all the expense and hassle you did the right thing on your pool.  I used to dream about having a pool but because of expense, work, and hassle it remained a dream.  Then here in the midwest where you can only use it 3 maybe 4 months it just didnt seem worth it unless you enclosed it.  Through the years I had memberships at a local pool, the Y, and Bally Fitness center.  I can see why you miss it.  It was beautiful.  

Talking about inclosure....My husband wanted to do that. I  said: NO!. Because I would  had to deal with that ALL YEAR LONG! :(

Krys

Okay.... I am alive and back home, I got "banished " to my oldest son's home because we had PI's knocking athe door, news crews in the culde sac.. waiting outside the grocery store for me...I was a nervous wreck.. so I guess hubby and the boys had a meeting that mom needed grandson time in Charlotte!

Glad I did, Jacob and I had " date night" while his parents had date night, then I was able to attend two birthday parties with him on Sat., followed up by a nap and the NC State football game ( ds is an alumni)...and.. drum roll

they are expecting a Princess in March.... grandbaby #6 on the way.... hooks are flying...

Did you know that the thing between the sheriff nad Josh made Cnn, Fox News, and MSNBC... so much for living in the middle of nowhere

goes to trial on the 9th, but the good ole boy networking is strong around here...even though they have the tape, the county attorney heard the tape, and read the transcript... you get the right good old boy juror and he'll be back in office.

Brenda by all means send us your address when you get settled...

Oh Lea, so sorry to hear what you were going thru.  It is amazing how annoying things can get.  I do hope he does not get away with what he was going to do.  I will keep you all in my thoughts.  Tampa Guy came in the other day and told me about your story being on CNN I think, or was it FOX.  

Wow another princess that is just great.  Princess #1 will now have a partner to get back at all the boys in their lives.  Ah Teenage years are going to be fun.

Well, Brenda, the main this is in the house. Dh's golf clubs.  He can now relax.  I know you don't see it now, but your life is about to get much easier.

The stitches are out of the butt and I am back to normal.  I can now scratch my butt if I want to.  DH went for his second treatment, we were suppose to be out of there by 8:15 so I could make my appointment for the stitches, but it was 8:35 before we got out.  I had an 8:30 appointment.  Because I was not going to see a Dr., no big deal.  So came home cooked breakfast and I am now relaxed.

Have a fun day.