katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2019 new thread

ouch mj   no we didnt need the furnace but was a nice day to put on the parts we got last winter, and when he did that we hadto see if the pilot lit, it did not  lol that is why we called the gas co. lol  .  

20 hours ago, minwifeof4boys said:

Well, its on your butt... at least no one cane see it..LOL... Getting old is not for hte faint of heart... I am Irish too and I must admit the derm gives me a head to toe once over when I go..rather invasive I say LOL...

fecal culture came back clear today...its the little things...LOL... my dad and brother both had colon cancer... so every six months for me to do the fecal thing... rather disturbing.. but necessary..

MJ, I got my gnome kit from Mary maxim today.. started ont he first gnome... they are so stinkin cute... I think all the grands need one in their life...

On a sad note, my Dil started Wyatt in preschool, he was born brain dead and spent 3 days on the ice blanket at birth .. they wer enot sure what his disabilities might be, we are just thankful to have this sweet boy... his preschool teacher after 3 days says she can not take the time to help him do  a three step command and he won't colr so she wants him out... his parents  are so heart broken... he is smart, but his communication skills are not good...I am heartbroken too, if they took the time they would know he is the most loving kid on earth... not sure what they will do.. they live an hour and a half away but I told them I would drive down once a week to work with him if need be... I want him to be the best Wyatt he can be...

Headed to work with Chris tomorrow at the farm.. I'll  be able to crochet my heart out on the gnomes and then we will have lunch near by at Long John Silvers... we don't have one near us so this is a treat..

Keep the ice pack on the hiney MJ... hope all is well with everyone...

Federal special ed law requires local school districts to evaluate preschoolers with disabilities for services.  I don't know if they are looking for preschool for daycare or traditional preschool if the child qualifies at 3 they do start to provide services sometimes that includes part time preschool with specially trained staff and additional services not available in traditional daycare type preschools.  It's worth contacting the school district and also having the state and federal laws in hand when they do.  If she has a diagnosis from the child's pediatrician it can start the door opening on services.

As a former public school teacher I will say these situations work best when the classroom teachers are provided with appropriate support to deal with the situations presented.  People should speak with respect and concern for the child, but I will say it can be challenging when the schools mainstream children without appropriate training for the main teacher and appropriate supports in place for the students being mainstreamed so the experience is a positive one for all parties involved.   All too often children with a variety of needs that require specific management skills are promised help under their ed plans that will be there every day, but in reality, that help is not provided and it is hard for main teacher to manage without trained help.

One of the best, but not cheapest, programs I ever observed paired a regular classroom teacher and a full time SPED teacher for a year with a class with a group of mainstreamed children.  The SPED teacher, not an assistant, not only worked with the students assigned to her, but she also helped to structure the classroom to be more adaptive to the students needs.  She worked with the teacher on how to manage lesson planning, behavior modification, etc.  The following year the teacher had the more traditional model of a SPED drop in teacher and an assistant for her new students but she had a new perspective on how to plan for those students.  Not an inexpensive method, but it gave practical tools for how to rethink what you do to work around children's needs.  It's really hard to do that when you don't really have the opportunity to work with the SPED teacher assigned to your students to really make big changes.  You end up putting bandaids on big problems rather than learning how to manage them.

Back home after our 130 mile loop and multiple stops. Had to get things ready to haul off tomorrow, write bills and vacuum.  Title company was supposed to call this afternoon and let us know the deed transferred so we could get back with our insurance.   No call so that gets booted to Mon's to do list.

Mary Jo by Thurs afternoon I should have some of the important things like toilet paper and diet coke moved into my new home.  

Edited by bgs

Brenda, My Mom said there are three things you take into a new home first.  Bread, Salt and a Bible.  She was Irish and always had cute sayings for every occasion.

Well, shutting down for the night.

Have a good evening.

13 hours ago, ratdog said:

Wow! You have been busy! Those projects are great, I especially like the monster book. 

Thank you. Yep, just having some fun making some favorite things. 

10 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Daphane  Love the stuff you made.

Thank you Mary Jo! 

Not a lot happening today. Pool water been too cold for a couple of weeks to swim but the water is 85 today, I think Mr and Little Tribble are going to get in this evening.  I'm at work so not me! LOL. They are going to a sprint race tomorrow. 

Have a good night all!

Just popping in for a quick hello before I fall asleep. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Good Morning.  Up early, infact the sun is not up yet.

Quite day today.  Staying home today and working on my penguins.

Just wanted to drop in and say Hi!

• Like 1

Hi Everyone!,

I just posted few pictures of my flower arrangements in "Show & Tell".

You need to go there and give me some "applause"! :rofl 

Here is one picture for start, there is more...

Krys

• Like 1

ok sandra, ill send you what didnt fit in the box lol wait, i found a few more things, gotta put it all in a bigger box lol  ok found a boot box i will use that lol  probably go out oct or nov depending lol

got a couple more chores on my list but at least i got done with last weekS list lol IIm making clean spaces all over the place lol  later all be well  

Hello,

Krys your flowers look beautiful.

I've had a productive day in my sewing room and doing laundry. I got the snaps put on a baby romper that I had finished a couple weeks ago but didn't have snaps for. I mended a couple of little shirts, finished a dress for the littlest granddaughter (it just need the neck finished and shoulder straps), made 3 pajama pants for my older grandson and started on some headbands and scrunchies for my oldest granddaughter. i needed to stop to eat and then I'll work on the hair things some more.

I hope you are all enjoying your weekend.

5 hours ago, cshort said:

Hello,

Krys your flowers look beautiful.

I've had a productive day in my sewing room and doing laundry. I got the snaps put on a baby romper that I had finished a couple weeks ago but didn't have snaps for. I mended a couple of little shirts, finished a dress for the littlest granddaughter (it just need the neck finished and shoulder straps), made 3 pajama pants for my older grandson and started on some headbands and scrunchies for my oldest granddaughter. i needed to stop to eat and then I'll work on the hair things some more.

I hope you are all enjoying your weekend.

Thank you very much! :).

I used to sew a lot of everything. From clothes for my kids to lined up curtins with valances for my first house. When we sold that house to a Real Estate lady, she bought all of them from me. That was good for me, because they would not fit my windows in my new house. Than I got "hired" by the school & church to sew all costumes for Christmas & Easter shows. Now, that was  NOT fun at all, sewing-making 15 or 20 different costumes! :(. Sewing for my two little kids was fun. But, when you need to make so many costumes (each one different) and come up with all those ideas how to make them..??, that was not fun any longer!. Thank God I do not need to make that anymore :)

Krys

Good evening everyone - but my morning ;)

I am sleepy tonight, this is my 4th 12 hour shift in a row. I do this to myself so that I can have 6 days off in a row twice a month. LOL. Oh well, I will survive. 

Have a good night all!!

Good morning, everyone.  Had a nice quiet weekend. Nothing but crocheting. Started another afghan using Caron Big Cakes, and also started a Moss Stitch triangle shawl using Caron Big Cakes. 

Hope everyone has a good Monday. 

Good Morning.  Up and off to another Dr.  I am getting so tired of this.  Today it is the Asthma Dr. 

Krys, love the flower arrangement.

Have a fun day.

• Like 1

Full disclosure : DH is a doctor. I totally understand where you are coming from. Had a medical issue 2 years ago. Took several doctor visits, tests and Mayo Clinic and still no real help, just live with it amd adjust activity as needed. By the time I was back to my regular annual exams I was sick pf doctors and tests!

Good morning, everyone! Back from vacation, having travelled over 6,000 miles in 3 1/2 weeks with the family.  What a beautiful country we live in!  I hope your summer has been lovely and I look forward to chatting with everyone again. x

Krys beautiful arrangements.  You are so talented.

Sat we went in to my sisters and took another load with us.  Paver stones for my niece and 16 bags of sugar for my sis to use and distribute.  She also found someone that needed my pressure cooker.  Took some of TC'S things to other sis's cat and played with her for a bit. She is a very friendly cat.  She loved hiding under the half round scratchers.  We took 12 bags of sugar to church and stayed for the fish fry after church Sun.  Then came home and hauled off more paver stones.  FYI the reason we had 50 some bags of sugar on hand was because we used to have bees and in the fall you could easily go thru 50 bags feeding them getting them ready for winter.  It depends on the summer. If it turns off hot and dry there is nothing out there for them to work. 

Dh will be mowing today and tomorrow.  I am working on laundry and have been on the phone with title and insurance companies.

Mary Jo since we were on the run yesterday I listened to the game on the radio but saw a few highlights.  Hope your appointment goes well and that your backside is feeling better.

• Like 1

oh gosh i was going to ask, you bake a lot??about the sugar, lol thanks for clearing that up for us lol  

did the bees go away or whatever happened to them,  without the bees, we wouldn't eat lol  they pollinate most everything lol

well krys, you inspired me to refresh a couple of my own silk flower arrangements lol  i dusted off the containers and dusted off the flowers lol and re arranged them a bit and they look so much happier, thanks for spurring me into action lol  i usually try to do that on a routine, but your pretties reminded me, that i hadn't yet lol   

• Like 2

Katy when we started with bees it was during the last few years when it was very easy to wind up with more hives than you could handle.  Back then you needed to split very strong hives to keep them from swarmming and then try to catch those that did swarm. We went from 3 hives to 15.  Then all that bad stuff started happening with bees and you were lucky if they survived the winter.  Ours eventually died out and they had gotten too expensive to replace.  FYI honeybees were not native to this country.  Europeans brought them with them.  Native Americans called them white man's fly.  Last summer because of the long hot and dry summer 50 pounds of sugar wouldnt have been enough for 15 hives.  Last summer was so bad farmers had to start feeding cattle by Aug as the pastures just burnt up and they had to buy and truck hay in.  This year farmers are getting 3 cuttings of hay where normally they might get two cuttings.  

Edited by bgs

oh ok thanks for that, im sorry the bees all died though you know  they are pretty harmless arent they or can they sting badly too??   or was it the insecticide disorder perhaps?

Edited by katyallen8090

or is that when only provoked?? oh gosh they die if they use their stinger i didnt know that   sheesh nature is a b huh  

Edited by katyallen8090

ive never been afraid of bees, but then i have never been stung by one either  now wasps, and hornets and those kinds of things i stay away from  

Edited by katyallen8090

Brenda, we got to see quite a bit of the game, as the Cowboys played earlier.  Mahones looked great.  Two more QB's went down.  The Eagles lost Wentz (again) and the Saints lost Brees.  One is 6 to 8 weeks.  I laughed at Brees, he went into the locker room, came out wearing his helmet.  They had to walk over and take his helmet.  Later in the 4th we noticed he was holding his helmet again.  Bad year for Qb's.  Let's not forget the Jag's QB and the Steelers QB.

Oh well, what can you do.

The Dr. appointment went great.  My breathing was up 10 points, my lungs were clear.  The noise was a little swollen, but that is to be expected this time.  I had to laugh, the nurse was telling me how sick she was this weekend.  I said hey, I have not had my flu shot yet.:rofl

Well, it is time to make dinner.

Well,  had fun up at the farm on Friday, the flooring  looks great up there...

Saturday we went to go visit Jeremy, Kathy and the boys for Jeremy's bday... everyone was doing great ..little Carter fell asleep on Chris's lap and it was so cute until he woke up and threw up all over the place.... Chris might need therapy...🤣🤣

I ended up getting the bug yesterday but did manage to crochet a gnome...they are the cutest things...

It is still so hot around here, in the 90s.... remind me I want cooler weather this Jan. when its freezing~

Went grocery shopping today, worked on another gnome and did some reading...a book by Catlin Doughty  on alternative death burials..etc... uplifting topic... LOl... seriously  it is very interesting on how the funeral industry is all about money  by and large...

Guess I need to think about feeding Chris, he did lawn work all day and the wings I brought him back for lunch probably won't sustain him very long...

Daphene...LOVE all the crochet!!

Edited by minwifeof4boys
  • Like 1