katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2019 new thread

Ratdog your edging really dresses those up.  Really pretty.

Debbie scarf and hat look really good.  Did you not like working the hat pattern or you just dont like the hat itself when finished?  

1 hour ago, bgs said:

Ratdog your edging really dresses those up.  Really pretty.

Debbie scarf and hat look really good.  Did you not like working the hat pattern or you just dont like the hat itself when finished?  

A little of both actually.  I had a difficult time getting the right size according to the pattern.  It constantly came out too big or too small.  Rather frustrating.

lovely pics.. so sorry to hear about another friend passing from the ville, they surely must need good crocheters in heaven huh  RIP Lea nna

hidey ho to all, whats on your to do list on this wednesday sunny day?? 

I must start my crochet book and pamphlet shelf, and must go through the hats and scarves too for pine ridge, sandra, do you want a few if i cant get all of them in one box,  up for pine ridge, do you want the rest of them for your charity for the foster kids charity??

Snowbear, thank you for the crossword puzzle books, lots of good ones left, i have finished quite a few already and the pretty flower too will go in my vase of pretty crochet flowers.. 

the time is ticking by take a moment or two in respect for all those that suffered and died in the 911 tragedy today      it still is so fresh in my mind  May they all rest in peace, and their families, continue to heal         

Edited by katyallen8090

Love the kerchiefs with the edging on them.  I remember my Mom doing that and she had a friend who did it with tatting.  Yours are really pretty.

Love the hat and scarf Debbie.  I love the colors.

Not much going on here.  

I will not be around tomorrow, as DH is going to get a spot taken off his leg, so I will be taking care of him.  They say it will take up to 4 hours and we have to be there by 8 AM.  This should be a fun day.  I am trying to decide what to take to work on.  

I did a few with that very color,when I bought those hankies in Sicily

Mary Jo good thoughts and prayers for your hubby tomorrow

Debbie I understand your frustration on the hat sizes.  I really dont like crocheting hats because of that.

Mary Jo hoping all goes well tomorrow and you get dh all settled in by game time.

We just got home from hauling more blocks to niece's, things to thrift store and the TITLE COMPANY!  Neighbors go tomorrow.  I feel relieved yet full of dread.

HOt.... I thought this was suppose to be fall???  Arrgg, I think it is hotter now then it was in August!

Love the edging ratdog...

and hte hat and scarf Legal...

MJ, did he have Mohs done on his "spot"?  How did it go?

Been pluggin away at the ornaments. I am going back to the farm on Friday so I am taking the project up there..

My ds bought some really nice  yarn for me, fingerling... hand dyed but only 175 yards... any idea for a project?

You all have me thinking, we travel so much, why have I not picked up rocks for the front garden bed from each place we have been?  I am going to mention to Chris we do it....

Up at the farm they have a recliner that is remote... heats, reclines to watch tv and then for sleep... I need one in my life I think...LOL...

Good evening everyone.

Lea the Mohs will be done tomorrow.

We are to be there by 8 AM, so we should be home by noon.  More than enough time Brenda, to get him settled for the game.

I finally got my bag together and I will be making small ghost and pumpkins to hand on the tree.  They are easy and they are done in thread.  I also have a book, in case I change my mind.

Well, I am off to get the medicine ready for tomorrow and shut down for tonight.

Have a good evening everyone.

Hello everyone.

Ratdog the edgings are very pretty.

Debbie the hat and scarf look so nice, sorry you weren't happy with the finished hat, that is frustrating after putting in all the work.

Mary Jo I hope all goes well tomorrow.

I'm really tired tonight and will probably be asleep soon so I hope you all have an enjoyable night.

Good Day to you all.

Well, we are back from the Dr.'s and things changes.  He said Tampa Guy is to much of a health risk to do the Mosh and it would leave a big hole in the leg.  So he will be going for Radiation.  About 8 weeks.  So He asked the Dr. if he could take care of me, instead of making me wait till Oct.  So I went in they numbed me, cut it out and sewed it up. Told him if he needed skin graphs feel free, I had plenty to spare.  He laughed, thank you, and then I asked how you get this Basil cell.  First he asked how often do I sunbath nude.:rofl  I said I'm, part Irish, I burn I do not tan.  I go out fully covered and when I worked in the yard, I had so much suntan lotion, if anyone grabbed me, they would slide off.  In 2 weeks I go to get the stitches out and find out what the result was.  They sent the thing to the lab.  I now have a Frankenstein mark on my butt.:rofl

So how is everyone's day going so far.

Have fun today.

Katy would love what ever you can send!. Thank you

Heal soon Mary Jo! Sending prayers for the both of you! And lots of hugs too!

Well, its on your butt... at least no one cane see it..LOL... Getting old is not for hte faint of heart... I am Irish too and I must admit the derm gives me a head to toe once over when I go..rather invasive I say LOL...

fecal culture came back clear today...its the little things...LOL... my dad and brother both had colon cancer... so every six months for me to do the fecal thing... rather disturbing.. but necessary..

MJ, I got my gnome kit from Mary maxim today.. started ont he first gnome... they are so stinkin cute... I think all the grands need one in their life...

On a sad note, my Dil started Wyatt in preschool, he was born brain dead and spent 3 days on the ice blanket at birth .. they wer enot sure what his disabilities might be, we are just thankful to have this sweet boy... his preschool teacher after 3 days says she can not take the time to help him do  a three step command and he won't colr so she wants him out... his parents  are so heart broken... he is smart, but his communication skills are not good...I am heartbroken too, if they took the time they would know he is the most loving kid on earth... not sure what they will do.. they live an hour and a half away but I told them I would drive down once a week to work with him if need be... I want him to be the best Wyatt he can be...

Headed to work with Chris tomorrow at the farm.. I'll  be able to crochet my heart out on the gnomes and then we will have lunch near by at Long John Silvers... we don't have one near us so this is a treat..

Keep the ice pack on the hiney MJ... hope all is well with everyone...

I was very tempted by the Mary Maxim gnome kit when I saw it. But I really hate small fussy things with parts to put together. Does it have a pointy head and the hat is a separate piece? The arms and nose are separate pieces to attach? Stuffed with fiberfill? Noncrocheted embellishments for the hats? I wish they would tell you more about them. And the yarn they use doesn't come in Christmas colors to order and make more--what's up with that?

So how much trouble were they to make?!

Happy Thursday all! I work this entire weekend and it's going to be a Friday the 13th and a new moon on the 14th. We are probably going to see some crazy things. LOL. So far I have finished my Monster book of monsters, pygmy puff, witch shoes, spiderweb shawl, huge lobster, spiderweb hand cover. I should try and share some pictures. I will try to add some as soon as I post and I am typing on the desktop but the pictures are on my phone. LOL

I've got like 20 other works in progress (WIP) to complete. I see so much fun stuff to make I want to make it all NOW. LOL.

Slowly been downsizing my collections etc as we want to eventually move into a motorhome then a boathouse. Downsizing is HARD and getting rid of possessions is hard, but not buying more things is even harder. I don't know how the minimalists do it, I love having pretty things around the house that they would consider clutter. LOL

We paint rocks to hide sometimes and i have a facebook group for the rocks. I havn't had a lot of time to put into it though so we haven't done anything with the group for a couple of years. There are other groups around my area that do this too, as I see them having the painting groups for kids at libraries. I have a few rocks I have painted, and more that Little Tribble has painted. I Painted Mr Tribble a Steelers one a few years ago for valentines day. 

Have a great night all

20190911_160957.jpg

20190911_200747.jpg

20190910_195919.jpg

20190910_174021.jpg

20190903_210156.jpg

20190903_210017.jpg

Edited by Tribble79
Added pix
  • Like 1

Wow! You have been busy! Those projects are great, I especially like the monster book. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, minwifeof4boys said:

Well, its on your butt... at least no one cane see it..LOL... Getting old is not for hte faint of heart... I am Irish too and I must admit the derm gives me a head to toe once over when I go..rather invasive I say LOL...

fecal culture came back clear today...its the little things...LOL... my dad and brother both had colon cancer... so every six months for me to do the fecal thing... rather disturbing.. but necessary..

MJ, I got my gnome kit from Mary maxim today.. started ont he first gnome... they are so stinkin cute... I think all the grands need one in their life...

On a sad note, my Dil started Wyatt in preschool, he was born brain dead and spent 3 days on the ice blanket at birth .. they wer enot sure what his disabilities might be, we are just thankful to have this sweet boy... his preschool teacher after 3 days says she can not take the time to help him do  a three step command and he won't colr so she wants him out... his parents  are so heart broken... he is smart, but his communication skills are not good...I am heartbroken too, if they took the time they would know he is the most loving kid on earth... not sure what they will do.. they live an hour and a half away but I told them I would drive down once a week to work with him if need be... I want him to be the best Wyatt he can be...

Headed to work with Chris tomorrow at the farm.. I'll  be able to crochet my heart out on the gnomes and then we will have lunch near by at Long John Silvers... we don't have one near us so this is a treat..

Keep the ice pack on the hiney MJ... hope all is well with everyone...

I have to get on my soapbox :soap.  I can not believe some of these teachers anymore.  They sure as heck are not like the teachers we had.  They either want a room full of zombies.  What happened to the compassionate teachers?  My daughter has dyslexia, she had a teacher tell HER  , that she did not want her in her class.  They don't care anymore (sorry do not mean to insult any teacher on here), or at least the ones I have run into.  When was the last time you saw a teacher stay after school was out?  They are gone almost before the buses.  When was the last time a teacher asked you to help by doing stuff with the child at home?  No they just want them out of their room.  Lea that is a shame and this is only preschool.  Off the soapbox now.

Yeah the spot is on the butt and boy is it hurting today.  But it will get better.

Daphane  Love the stuff you made.

Mona, the hat is the head.  The gnome is the hat, the body, the nose and arms.  That is it.  It makes up quick and they are so cute.  I think I may take the snowflake off the grey one and put a spider on him.  

Lea, have fun with the gnome kit.  As soon as the penguins are done, I may make a couple more.

Today we go and get the breaks fixed on the car and a oil change.  DH is worried about the breaks if I have to drive.

Hey Brenda, shock and surprise, the Bucs won last night.  Of course it was a boring game till the end, but we won, so who cares.  Sorry to hear about Tyreek Hill.  

Well, off to make breakfast.  Have a fun day today

• Like 1

Mary Jo I hated that Foles got hurt in that game too. My heart stops every time Mahomes gets hit. Well at least the Bucs won.  It could have been boring and they lost.  We have hit issues like that with a few teachers years ago.  When my niece was in about 3rd grade she was having problems with nouns and verbs.  When sis discussed the problems with the teacher the response she got was there are people out there with $75000 jobs that have no clue what a noun and verb are.  That made me mad.  Sis had trouble all the way through school because she had a teacher like that in 3rd grade.  I worked with my niece on nouns and verbs and she got it.  Glad dh doesnt want you driving around with faulty brakes.

Lea thats awful that they dont want to work with Wyatt.  My nephew started preschool too late and my mom and I wound up working with him to catch up.  

Yesterday had to run to bank to get some special instuctions.  Spent rest of day pulling out stuff to haul off.  Lots of phone calls today ---appointment to close at senior place, insurance, title company, along with one to state to check on something. Getting ready to go to PO, bank, haul off more stuff to thrift store and niece.  Then going to a special steak house for lunch because today is our anniversary.  

2 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

I have to get on my soapbox :soap.  I can not believe some of these teachers anymore.  They sure as heck are not like the teachers we had.  They either want a room full of zombies.  What happened to the compassionate teachers?  My daughter has dyslexia, she had a teacher tell HER  , that she did not want her in her class.  They don't care anymore (sorry do not mean to insult any teacher on here), or at least the ones I have run into.  When was the last time you saw a teacher stay after school was out?  They are gone almost before the buses.  When was the last time a teacher asked you to help by doing stuff with the child at home?  No they just want them out of their room.  Lea that is a shame and this is only preschool.  Off the soapbox now.

I worked with an autistic boy for 5 years, and it makes me angry when a "regular" teacher refuses to work with mentally challenged children!! And after he and his family moved away, I helped in the Mildly Mentally Handicapped department for 7 more years.  I'm so thankful our Special Ed department in our school district was so dedicated to the children here! 

Poor Foles finally gets the job of 1st string and then gets hurt.  Oh well, maybe it will heal quickly.

I know there are great teachers out there, it just seems like there are more of the others.  But as usual you only hear about the bad ones, or the ones who do not care.

Brenda are you close to getting the place?  You are really busy.

The breaks were fine.  Just had to change the fluid and we had an oil change done.  So we are good to go.

Off to my corner.

hwy all, well i got a few things completed off my last weeks list, but hey every little bit helps huh lol

got a box i thought was big enough for all the hat and scarves sets  so got them out, and counted and packed i had something like 24, and got all but three sets in the box lol so sandra, if you want them for your charity, holler ok there is 3 or 4 left out of the box going to kimmie at pineridge maybe as soon as next month  And i will email bailey4 to see if she still wants dolly blankees, coz i have a box for her as well if shes interested, i think i fit all 5 in that box lol  and i have a box too ready now maybe still this month for a friend who can use some color books and such i have not however gone through my books and pamphlets yet as i didnt want to start such a big job this late in the day lol I dont know where the time went, oh wait i do lol  

we had to try out the furnace today and th pilot would not light, and so handy put a couple new things in, he knew it needed last winter, but it still didnt fire up so we called the gas co, cos the problem it seemed was no gas getting to the valve, they came out and checked it all out, wouldnt light for them either, so he blew out the line and i think he increased the flow of gas if you can do that anyway cos the third time he tried it, it lit up just fine  we sure dont need it for a while but will soon if fall is as short as it usually is  lol    so now our furnace yearly physical complete and free of charge too lolwe were happy campers   

mj you must have had your surgery huh hope you recover uickly and all goes well for you both for a while  huh 

bgs, you sound close, do you know the big day yet??

I had one really great teacher, world history he was great i loved  his class lol  the rest all were ok but nothing special   

so as in all careers, some are meant to teach some not so much i guess   

all for now oh daughter said they ate and liked the pork chops lol  this long a vegetarian no wonder they tasted good huh lol  a body needs stuff you know  all for now see ya soon  

I can't believe that soon you all will be using furnaces. 

Yeah the surgery is done and it is just the soreness and pain to put up with. I go back in 2 weeks to get the stitches out.

Still warm and watching a storm that may end up being nothing.