katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2019 new thread

I pick up rocks here and there. But I don't have none like that. When I go somewhere. And I see a pretty rock. I pick it up. I like rocks all different colors. I found one where you supposed hide it again. It was to pretty I kept it. My sister gave me one pretty rock with a flower painted on it.I don't have many.

Edited by snowbear

Snowbear

I'm curious on the one that says hide again does it mention a group? ours always say keep or rehide and then it says Suffolk rocks Va.

the colors are really nice and its a good size rock

• Like 1

So glad that Dorian has moved on.  Hope thats it for this year.  In my younger days it was fun roughing it a bit but the older I got the more I realized how much I really really like electricity and indoor plumbing.  

Krys we are mostly taking cabinets and book cases along with the bed dressers, computer desk and his rocking chair.  Our furniture is so old and broken down I dont want to take it to the new place. My recliner is 30 some years old and will no longer sit up right because screws have broken off and you cant get into it to even try to get them out.  Dont need a kitchen table as there is a place at the kitchen counter to sit so need to get a couple of stools or chairs for that.  We have measured and I have the furniture placement figured out.  I will use my lawn chair or chaise til I get a new recliner.  I need to buy a locking file cabinet.  It sort of creeps me out knowing maintenance people could be coming in when we arent there.  Well it also creeps me out thinking I might be in the garage or shower not hear them knock and they come on in.  I am not used to that and will have to learn to resist the overwhelming urge to mace , clobber or shoot.  

Thurs and Fri worked on pulling more things from the attic and potting shed making sure we had a load to haul out Sat when we went to bonsai and then took more concrete blocks to my niece today. Trying to always be hauling things off when we are making a trip to the city anyway.  

Mary Jo at one point pastor said he was trying to keep things moving along this morning and then asked where's Derek with a big grin.  Both pastor and Derek are big Chief fans.  Pastor had a clear view of me so I did the tomahawk chop.  I got to watch the first 3 quarters and then we needed to head out so I listened on the radio and later learned CBS cut to another game including here.  

Lea its a mix of emotions.  Moving was never a mutual agreement and the word divorce has come up. I refused to move father out and getting more acreage.  I refused selling this place and buying a house in the city but I could get real excited about moving to this place. 

Edited by bgs

Good Morning.

Quite weekend as usual and nothing much going on.

Yesterday was a fun day.  Brenda I can not believe they cut to another game before your game was over.  We have Red Zone, so we do not watch one single game.  We get to see some of all of them. Mahoney and the boys looked good yesterday.  The Eagles decided to show up in the second half and well, the Bucs NEEDS an NEW QB.  3 picks by Winston.  The refs have not changed.  What is a penalty in one game is not a penalty in another.  GET IT RIGHT.  Ok I got my football fix yesterday.

I am sitting here watching the one tree shake like crazy.  Nothing else is moving, but the tree.  Then out pops the head of Crazy Squirrel. I think this squirrel is a few brain cells short.  Yesterday, he was chasing a butterfly around the yard.  He loves going into this tree and jumping from branch to branch, then when he falls out, he looks around, like he is trying to see if anyone saw him.:rofl

Well enough.  I am not even had my coffee yet.

Enjoy your day.

good morning

we have crazy squirrels here too,they choose one tree off our patio,that must be the squirrel penthouse,he always has a mouthful of materials in his mouth and heads up to pad his nest,its been a favorite for years now

Mary Jo they cut them over to "a more competitive" Browns -Titan game" but were supposed to continue the Chiefs here.  They later blamed the switch here on technical difficulties with the broadcast van.   It must have happened as soon as I went out the door and started listening to the radio.  

We had one crazy squirrel running and jumping back and forth between trees.  Told dh the thing must be on crack.  I have had them trying to hang upside down from tree limbs to get to the hummingbird feeder and have watched them trying to hang on with their front paws while their bottom paws were slipping off the plastic around the bird feeder post.  Hard as I try  to stop them they are persistent creatures and eventually succeed.  

In the beginning we were told they had trouble with the trailer that the games was being transmitted from.  They did say you all were going to get the full game. It was only the game going out.  So I guess it went even further and included the local broadcast also.  Bummer.

The 3H's are in full today.  No rain in site.

Have a fun day.

12 hours ago, bgs said:

Krys we are mostly taking cabinets and book cases along with the bed dressers, computer desk and his rocking chair.  Our furniture is so old and broken down I dont want to take it to the new place. My recliner is 30 some years old and will no longer sit up right because screws have broken off and you cant get into it to even try to get them out.  Dont need a kitchen table as there is a place at the kitchen counter to sit so need to get a couple of stools or chairs for that.  We have measured and I have the furniture placement figured out.  I will use my lawn chair or chaise til I get a new recliner.  I need to buy a locking file cabinet.  It sort of creeps me out knowing maintenance people could be coming in when we arent there.  Well it also creeps me out thinking I might be in the garage or shower not hear them knock and they come on in.  I am not used to that and will have to learn to resist the overwhelming urge to mace , clobber or shoot.  

Thurs and Fri worked on pulling more things from the attic and potting shed making sure we had a load to haul out Sat when we went to bonsai and then took more concrete blocks to my niece today. Trying to always be hauling things off when we are making a trip to the city anyway.  

Brenda that is good that you do not need to move a lot of furniture to your new home. After you get there you will know exactly what you will need to buy. About those maintenance people I do understand why you are afraid of that. I would not like that either!!.  Maybe you can request they should call you  few days  before they would be coming to your place and get you agreement on what day they can come. If that would be me,  I would have to be there. Some people have a "sticky fingers"... Unless it would be real emergency than they would need to get there at that time. You need to buy something with a good lock, some are so simple can be open with a paper clip. I would get a big safe too and bolt that down to the floor. Yes, you will need to always remember not to leave around any valuable jewelry,  cash, check books, even bank statements and...  before you leave your home. I know that can be a pain on a b... !. 

And talking about "new recliner". I had a very bad Experience when I bought mine about 5 years ago.  I do not know if I am the only one who did not knew that WRONG size of recliner can really hurt a person.  I bought that recliner after my surgery. About  6 weeks later my legs started swelling up like big balloons.  It got so bad my feet would not fit to any shoes. Went to a doctor got diagnosed with "Lymphedema", got proscribed I call them "water pills" to make you pee a lot. I did find out that once you get that "Lymphedema" that can not be cured, you will have that for the rest of your life :(. At that time I did kind a give up on life as I knew it :(.  That medication was not helping at all. I got prescribed double dose and that did not helped either. I was on that double dose of that medication for over a year (it was not working but I kept on taking that). My life was horrible, I could not go anywhere  with those huge legs and in pain each time I wanted to walk. Those "water pills" were bad for my heart specially that double dosage. After 15 months that chair broke down. I called that store "Lazy Boy" to send someone to repair that. I bought insurance-repairs on that chair because that was not a cheap chair (about $1,800.00), That design of that chair was called "Maverick". I was told repair guy can come in 2 weeks. In that time I started using different chair that was in my master bedroom. After couple days I started seeing all that swelling on my legs going down, in about  1 week all that swelling on my legs was gone!. That was when I figure it out, that new recliner was cutting of my  blood circulation in my legs. The chair was little too big (too high & was too deep). I am writing all of that here so maybe that will help another person of making that kind of mistake.

I am NOT sure why the size of my text changed here from bigger to smaller and bigger again??.  and I am not able to fix that.

Have a Nice Day :)
Krys

Krys thats awful about your legs.  I am glad you figured out it was caused by the chair. How horrible to suffer like that.  Gee another thing to keep in mind when trying on chairs.   I have been looking for a recliner off and on for years but not liked any of them.  I did not know there were so many uncomfortable chairs out there. The place we are moving to will pay up to $1000 towards moving costs so that helps.  I thought about a safe in the closet but I dont think they would let us bolt it down.  

Last week I got the scam message on my cell saying there is a problem with my social security number and today the email that looks ever so much like its from Amazon says they have locked our account because of numerous failed login attempts.  Even though it initially looks like its from Amazon but when looking deeper its loginamaz0nalert-8570345@oiyany.com

Ah I have fond memories of shopping for recliners.  We were still in NJ when DH decided he needed a new one.  So off we went to the stores and I swear he sat in every recliner in the state.  Finally found one.  They brought it to the house, took the old one away, DH sat in the chair and declared he did not like it. 🙄:rofl

We now have a lift chair.  It is great.  So much easier for him to get in and out of the chair.

Stupid question right now, but do you know if you can put your flags out?  The garden ones?

No TV on right now and it is so peaceful and quite.

Well off to take some medicine.

Also time to get everything ready for tomorrow.  Have a good night.

Mary Jo I spent a day at Nebraska Furniture Mart trying on chairs because they have at least 100 and multiple brands.  Dh couldnt believe how tired I got because after all I was doing was sitting there with my feet up.  The thought has crossed my mind to visit The Mobility Store to see if they have any comfortable ones.  I dont need the lift part just yet.  I really didnt want one needing electricity or leather, or  leather like covering.   I just wish my poor old chair was new again.  I am not replacing it because its old and I have had to add a cushion to the seat but because the bolts that keep it sitting upright when the foot rest have sheared off and I have less than an inch of space to work in  to even try to get them out.  It works reclines just fine. Yes what happened with Tampa Guy is exactly what I am afraid of---not funny.   I listed it for the movers to take up there but have since talked myself into leaving it behind.  I waffle back and forth.  It wouldnt be such a hard decision but its where I sleep most of the time.  I am going to have a hard enough time sleeping in a new place.  Yes on the little garden flags.  Just havent decided on if I will put two out like I do here.  Our unit is sort of different but I like it.  Where most duplexes have both garage doors and front doors on the front.  Our "front" door is around on the side.  The garage door and other part of our unit's garage and front door is on the front.  The rule book says we can put stuff between the sidewalk and house amongst the landscape bushes and there is landscape gravel and bushes on around the side and a larger area in back with hostas and a tree. On over in the yard from our front foor there is a retaining wall with flowers along it that just screams for a gnome actually three but need to check on that.  I know and understand they dont want stuff in the way for mowing.  

1568084310929801261152.thumb.jpg.346735f38fcbb8165a94f85282b329a5.jpgnoI pick up rocks here and there. But I don't have none like that. When I go somewhere. And I see a pretty rock. I pick it up. I like rocks all different  colors. I found one where you supposed hide it again. It was to pretty I kept it. Here is one I found.

7 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Ah I have fond memories of shopping for recliners.  We were still in NJ when DH decided he needed a new one.  So off we went to the stores and I swear he sat in every recliner in the state.  Finally found one.  They brought it to the house, took the old one away, DH sat in the chair and declared he did not like it. 🙄:rofl

We now have a lift chair.  It is great.  So much easier for him to get in and out of the chair.

Stupid question right now, but do you know if you can put your flags out?  The garden ones?

No TV on right now and it is so peaceful and quite.

Well off to take some medicine.

Also time to get everything ready for tomorrow.  Have a good night.

I bought a sofa 3 years ago.  When I sit down at home on that sofa I thought that damn thing was made out of cement! . I hate that new sofa, I will need to get me another one.

Krys

Tampa Guy's lift recliner has a cloth covering.  We ended up getting it from Kane's Furniture. His last chair had a couple of the bolts fall off and he almost fell backwards in it.

I saw the post on eurolyns, so sad, but she is no longer in pain.

Love the rock snowbear.  Very pretty.

Well, off to make breakfast.

Have a fun day.

Good morning!

not a lot going on here. I will crochet some and eventually need to get some fabric out and make some hot pads, table runners and dogs for Christmas . I have it all planned out in my head and have the pattern all ready to go. Then I need to continue with pillow cases , hats and scarves for the homeless. I just finished up some scrunchies and mini octopuses for key chains and back packs.  I also finished two hats last night . Not happy with one. But not tearing it out either . Someone will love it.

I don't like furniture shopping period. And the prices can just be plain ridiculous !!

• Like 1

I see some lovely rocks. We collect rocks here. I have one daughter that started when she was wee young and still till day she collects them . She still has the diaper bags had for her and it's filled with rocks. LOL every year we go to the river and collect at least one to two rock and bring home. It can be very addictive..

Sounds like there are a lot of rockhounds among us.  We also enjoy going to the Rock and Gem show each spring.  We have attended some neat lectures and seen many very interesting displays like this American Woman sculpture.  The artist was there and I have a piece of autographed marble from the off fall making the sculpture.

https://franciscosfineart.com/

Then another time they had a lecture on recreating Louis XIV’s Order of the Golden Fleece containing the French Blue (stolen and recut into Hope diamond) along with the replica of the Golden Fleece (scroll down almost to bottom for photo)

https://www.thecultureconcept.com/french-blue-diamond-heart-of-the-earth-to-heartache-hope 

Sandra I hope you will post photos.  It inspires me seeing everyone's projects.

Edited by bgs
  • Like 1

hi friends good that the storm has passed, good that you all are ok, and here, it is a sunny day, mild temps, and breezy lol    rained a bit overnight, that i can handle lol 

i dont collect rocks, nor have any desire to paint them but a fun hobby for some of you  keep it up, somebody's gotta do it lol    

my poor rocks are probably so sad they are not prettily painted lol 

did some cleaning today, just light ever y day stuff i guess, but then colored for a while  i have no desire lately to crochet, i think my mojo went on a summer break lol  

I do intend to sort some things for either a charity here, or to send off to pine ridge, just dont have a box yet lo  so with that said, well happy day to all and see ya soon  l 

l  

• Like 1

Good afternoon.

I am working on adding simple edging to some handkerchiefs I bought about 4 years ago. Originally I did 4 of them and gave them away as gifts. Now I have 4 left so I am edging them for me. I habe one done and the second 3/4 done.  I need to use what I have already bought before I buy any new project items

Hello everyone.

It was back to work yesterday and then took care of my little granddaughter. Today it was work, walmart, some stuff around the house and now I'm ready to relax for a bit.

Hope you all have a wonderful night.

At last, here is a picture of the bean stitch scarf and hat.  I don't care for the hat and will probably not make one using that particular pattern again.  But I love the scarf. 

Bean stitch hat and scarf.jpg

I like both that hat and the scarf.

The color is perfect.

1 hour ago, ratdog said:

I like both that hat and the scarf.

The color is perfect.

Thank you !