katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2019 new thread

good morning

still waiting on the storm,the college is closed till Monday,gee thanks Dorian

Hello everyone.

Things are quieter/calmer here today. The 2 oldest grandkids and I are just hanging out at home. My daughter, son-in-law and the baby should be home in about and hour, we hope, they're working on the discharge paperwork. I laughed at the text my daughter sent earlier that said they would be sending them home with a frozen pizza, I've never known of a hospital to do that before. My other daughter and granddaughter are coming to visit today too.

Lyn I hope the storm passes quickly and doesn't cause a lot of trouble or damage. I am so tired of this storm it really needs to go away.

I hope everyone is having a great day.

I had to laugh at the frozen pizza.

Wow all those up in NC an SC be careful.  Looks like it is going to go over Cape Harrittas (SP?).  But they sticks out in the ocean.

Here are my Christmas Gnomes.  Didn't work this time.  

Carol glad things are settling down.  Bet you are exhausted from the stress alone.  Ok you keep saying baby and I forgot if it was a boy or girl.  Glad everyone is doing ok.  Funny about the frozen pizza.

Hope everyone is doing ok in the Carolinas.  Lyn guess it heading your way.  Will be glad when this storm dies out.

Mary Jo cute gnomes. 

Yesterday we hauled off more concrete blocks and some things to the thrift store since we needed to stop at Aldi.  Today working on some more things outside.  Dont know why but it seems easier dealing with outside stuff.  

oh those gnomes are super cute

right now we are just getting sprinkles,,should be over us from 8 tonight till about 4 tomorrow ,I'll check in if we don't lose power

Thw Gnomes are adorable. If you dont care for the grey as a Christmas gnome change the snowflake applique to a spider and it can be a  halloween gnome

26 minutes ago, ratdog said:

Thw Gnomes are adorable. If you dont care for the grey as a Christmas gnome change the snowflake applique to a spider and it can be a  halloween gnome

I like that idea!

hi all, hope you all are doing ok now i hear it is a cat 2 now where ever it is now so not sooo bad i guess    

i too worry about all the displaced animals in something like this you know when mother nature gets irate huh  i hope the horses survive , but ok with me if the crocs and gators get swept out to sea and never return  lo, uh no offence to anyone having one of them as a pet though!!haha

oh my has been a long day, and im almost finally done with my daily coffee, oops there it goes lol  l  am done.   I have big cups well mugs i guess  

Handy did his tube test for 123 and me, and sent it off yesterday, so that is on its way  .. im guessing, irish, Swedish and perhaps some English or German  daughter and i are mostly French, then English, then German and fourth, Scandinavian. so we will see huh  should take under 6 weeks, im thinking dutch but it did not specify lol      

well, daughters cheese cake is gone, ate the last of it last night so all gone 

tonight im having some of my special sugar free carb free ice cream lol 

im glad to hear you are feeling better sandra, and carol, you need a me day lol  congrats on the new baby  too 

nice pics ratdog, do you still have company??  

Bgs you must be making good headway now, as you have hauled so much Out by now you must  hear an echo  echo in some rooms lol..

hi ya snowbear, keeping busy?? i have some cute lady bug buttons if you can use them maybe sew one on some of your flowers huh lol  

well all, the sun is not too bright all day today, but no rain so i guess we are ok  hope all is well in your neck of the woods and enjoy your evening ok!! :ghug

13 hours ago, snowbear said:

I have always been fascinated with rocks as well. I like collecting them. Especially unusual shapes and sizes.

snowbear, I have always collected rocks too. I still have my childhood rock collection and now I collect crystals - my favorite being clear quartz, hematite, and labradorite.

7 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

I had to laugh at the frozen pizza.

Wow all those up in NC an SC be careful.  Looks like it is going to go over Cape Harrittas (SP?).  But they sticks out in the ocean.

Here are my Christmas Gnomes.  Didn't work this time.  

Those gnomes are ADORABLE! I make my husband a gnome every once in a while. He collects gnomes and I collect trolls.

Not much going on here. Weather was pretty today in ohio but I slept most of it away, now I'm at work. 

Good Morning Everyone.

Brenda the baby is a boy and he is super snuggly.

Mary Jo the gnomes are really cute.

Lyn I hope you and everyone else in Dorian's path are safe. 

I slept better last night than I have in a week, so I felt pretty good when I woke up. My younger daughter and granddaughter had been here to visit yesterday and she text me that they were home safe and sound last night, she had put my granddaughter who was already asleep in bed. This morning she sent me a text that 5 minutes after she got home her husband called, he was in an accident, he's ok. So my daughter had to take the sleeping little one out of bed and put her back in the car to go get my son-in-law because the car had to be towed. My little granddaughter slept through the entire thing. Apparently the other driver failed to yield while making a left turn. I've discovered that no matter how old my kids (daughters, son-in-laws, grandkids) are there is always something to worry about. 

The new little guy has to go meet his pediatrician today, he saw the hospital pediatrician before he came home. I need to go to Walmart I thought I was buying swaddles for the baby the other day and bought the wrong thing so they are going back and I'll get the right thing this time. I also want to get a supply of paper plates, cups, plastic utensils so dishes are less work for a little while after I leave. People at the church have arranged to provide dinners for my daughter for several days and then her insurance is suppose to be sending some meals. My son-in-laws parents are coming to visit today too. 

Ok enough rambling. I hope you all have a wonderful day.

• Like 1

good morning

its still over Carolina,we are getting the lighter outer bands right now,just down the street without power, our lines are underground

they are predicting it will pick up here around 2:30

• Like 1

Lyn hope your power holds.  This thing is just moving too darn slow.

Carol glad son in law is ok but I bet he is sore today.  Glad your grand daughter was not in car.  A snuggly little boy how wonderful. The paper plates and plastic utensils will be a big help.  Its wonderful that meals are being provided.  Cant believe her insurance helps with meals.

Katy unfortuneately the house has not emptied out.  What is noticeably missing is the outdoor stuff.  It just seems so much easier to go work out there.  Guess its more obvious and easier to let it go plus we had people wanting it.  Yesterday I repotted another tree, painted a couple of concrete gnomes and went thru several cat litter buckets with garden/soil stuff stored in them.  I have more gnomes to paint and need to condense bonsai soil mixing components into fewer buckets.  Our bonsai stuff takes up a lot of room.  I dont think dh is being realistic about what all is going to fit in the new place which is frustrating me to no end. 

• Like 1

Dorian is like the Halloween movies.  It is the storm that will not die.

Overslept this morning, as last night was a bad night for sleeping.  The humidity is up so high, that they are giving a Heat Advisory for noon.  It will be to hot and humid outside.

Glad to hear everyone is ok Carol.  It is always scary, when there is an accident.  

I had to laugh last night before the game.  They had the whole family who own the Bears on, even the wee baby.  So they all yelled let's go Bears.  The littlest one started to cry.  They scared him.

Hey Brenda, Rogers looked like he did when he first started.  The Bears defense was scary.  If not for them, they would of lost a lot bigger.

Ok, I am happy FOOTBALL has started.

Have a great day.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bgs said:
4 hours ago, bgs said:

I dont think dh is being realistic about what all is going to fit in the new place which is frustrating me to no end. 

Brenda can you take your furniture to your new place?

Krys

hi everyone, some of which are still dealing with Dorian i understand stau safe all 

bgs, little by little it will get done, so no  worrys ok   

wow lyn the outer bands huh, that is something i thought you were pretty far inland..

Every thing is so  green here with all the rain we had/have anymore you know  ..

i have done the necessary house chores, and have one load of laundry

to fold before i can call it a day lol  might suggest deli chicken for supper as we haven had for a while so easy for supper too I have not ever had food or grocery stores deliver, but bout time they do that, i think it is good for people that need it and handy even for those that dont even lol    

well back to work i guess huh then i can sit and rest a bit  hot and humid out here, but im grateful to be not in the storm lol 

take this any day huh  take care all, keep busy, and enjoy your day  

all clear here,it was pretty much a non event,the oceanfront might have gotten more of a direct hit,lights stayed on,rain was just drizzly and winds not more than 35 mph

Hurricane Dorian has passed and we are safe. No trees down, no damage, and power was out for only 13 hours. We got by easy on this one.

Glad to hear you are safe Donna, but  13 hours with no power is no fun!

My hurricane refugees (sons and friends) were back at school Thursday. Classes at UCF resumed today. My younger son, the theatre major, sent before and after pictures from his makeup techniques class. He had to shave!

It was fun having my son ask me if he was light to medium fair skin or light to medium olive skin. (FYI i wear no make up and had no idea)

1567815768808-1475026720.jpg

1567815791095-1211715732.jpg

• Like 1

All good here, didn't lose power.... pretty much a non event for use.. ( thank the Lord)

MJ, LOVE the gnomes... I mean, who doesn't love a good  gnome

Carol, I think a celeb baby needs  $$$.. tell them that LOL..

Donna, I was thinking about you.. glad we are not at Ocrakoke

Worked on my snowglobes today,got the buttons in for them...that will be a project for next week...

Headed up to a friend farm in farmville, VA tomorrow, just for the day... Ds, dil & the Princess  will be there. I made a casserole to take for lunch for everyone.  Sunday we re headed to ds#4 & dil#4 with the inlaws for lunch, grandparents day funny they are the ones with no kiddos...

Glad everyone is safe... from the storm...

Brenda, as excited as you have me about the move I'm going to have to come visit...LOL

• Like 1

Good Morning. 

Donna So glad to see you are fine.  That is my biggest fear of losing electricity.  I kept watching the storm and wondering how close you are to the coast.

Lea, glad it was a big nothing for you.

Now that Dorian has decided to go out to sea, perhaps we can all get back to normal.

Up early this morning.  It is haircut day.  I will be able to see when I come home.:clap

Have a fun day.

Good Morning.

I slept in this morning until 7:05. 

Lyn, Lea and Donna I'm glad you all made it through the storm with no damage, 13 hours without power is not fun.

Brenda maybe once you get the outside things taken care of you'll be ready to tackle the inside.

Ratdog good to hear your refugees have made it safely back to school.

Mary Jo getting back to normal would be wonderful.

Katy I hope you enjoyed your deli dinner, that's one of my favorite quick & easy meals.

We don't have any plans today and I don't think we have any visitors coming, so it will be a kick back and relax kinda day, I think we all need one.

Hope you all have a great day.

good morning

bright and sun shiny out,cooler temps,working on second coffee

hi everyone  glad the storm is a think of the past huh  the tornados too didnt help much huh 

was cloudy all day probably gonna rain again here soon  

ive been watching mostly listening to nat geographic channel today have learned a lot about a lot of things!!   Im going to have to make room for it all up there soon lol  

well nothing much else here just a normal, quiet day lol  see ya all later  

It's a quiet morning here, everyone else is still sleeping. Not much going on today other than I will be heading home later today and back to work tomorrow.

I hope you all have a great day.