katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2019 new thread

Katy we refer to them as neighborhood cats.  I am sure they are from the one neighbor that let their cat have litter after litter of kittens.  There were not cats around like that before they moved in. I am sure thats where TC came from.  At one point they did take Cleo to be spayed to bring in the house but Cleo refused and furthermore moved to another neighbors house.  This neighbor puts out feed and has a heated doghouse on their almost entirely closed in front porch.  She had Cleo, Miss Hissy, Scaredy (Gray), Blackie, Fraidy and others stopping by for food and sometimes shelter.  Cleo and Blackie used to stop by here but neither of us have seen Blackie for over a year.  I dont know how the cats decided which ones were staying where but Miss Hissy and Gray pretty much hang around here.  We sort of thought Miss Hissy might have kittens but the other day as she was in the window looking down at me I noticed one ear was not shaped like the other one so I wonder if she was one of those feral cat spays where they spay, tip or notch the ear and the return them back in the wild.  

Lyn its time for another trip to dmv for drivers license.  Thank goodness it wasnt due last year because I wouldnt have passed the vision test.  MO just started offering the federally accepted id license and mine is due so I have to dig out all my id.  We had to provide all this some years ago and they copied it into a system that went to state capital.  At that time I think it was illegal for them to copy it and I quizzed them about it.  Hardest thing for me is coming up with that second piece of mail with my name and address on it.  Most things come in his name and that part is generally the part mailed back.  Dont really want them copying bank account numbers off that statement in their system.  Its just another system waiting to be hacked.  The Chinese already have some of our info thanks to OPM breach.  We have money direct deposited into one account and transfer it to another.

good afternoon 

was up since 4:30,at 5 said the heck with it,and got up,wanted to be up at 6:30 today and out the door at 7:30,well it was out the door at 8

went to a craft supply event at a church,now why did they think someone would pay the same price for fabric as you would at a store,or maybe they thought,hey people will think they are getting a bargain.... not

we did get some nice rubber stamps at.50 ea,they had some at 5.00 ea but that was out of budget for us,not much useable yarn there for us

then we went far down the road for a book sale in Carrolton almost over the James River Bridge,fill up a bag for 5 bucks,not many books but she must have got 30 DVD's,alot of them Hallmark,we don't have cable and not much on tv anyway

good morning

partly cloudy,in the 60's

enjoy your day

Hello Everyone!

It's been a quiet weekend here so I have been getting a lot of sewing and some crocheting done.

I hope you are enjoying your weekend.

a power line snapped about two miles up the road so we are sitting here sweating our hiney off...I got tired of reading so I am starting on the mandala blanket for my dil.... doesn't need to be done until July....

Busy week ahead

MJ, think I can get you a Canes shirt if you want one...

Posted (edited)

five minutes from here too literally up the street!! I worked at the dmv after the county courts and didnt like it much but not this one the one that was in the courthouse lol  this one is ok i guess   They have pretty strict rules they must follow, i learned a lot there lol i worked there till i got a job offer first from a private title co. and then from the correction center way north  i took the title co   lol   I had by that that time had enough justice to last a life time lol   

well finally handy got that glassware down for me, and i got it all washed, it was dusty, and wrapped and packed in a box, and taped and labled Sal. Army lol like they require lol  handy will take that box to neighbors tomorrow and store it i have no room where it would not be in the way   

Tomorrow i plan on doing the other upper cupboards as actually, im looking too for my two cup electric tea maker lol  hope it will turn up there somewhere  lol 

Next will come the baking cupboard  oh my lol  

well all what ya up too, we have a cloudy day sort of, got chilly last night but not too bad i guess  

My friend that lost her hubby is doing ok i guess as well as anyone can under those circumstances  anyway  i think funeral is tomorrow. he was a army ranger in his day, so will be buried in the ne vets cemetery  not far from  us  Her daughter and hubby are here handling things for her  She is not in good health so not sure what she will do after daughter leaves  probably sell and move but not sure      

All i got folks pooped myself out a bit, gotta rest a bit now lol  best to all  hugs!

Edited by katyallen8090

Posted (edited)

Lyn sounds like you scored some good deals.  The Hallmark dvds would have caught my eye also.  We are on antenna tv.  I have never had cable or it would be satellite out here

Lea hope your electricity is back on soon.  Seems like when ours goes its a minimum 2 hour out.

Cloudy and cool today.  Rain is supposed to move in.

Edited by bgs

Hot and humid here.  Air is on.

Lea, I am sitting here watching the canes kick butt.  Looks like they are coming home with 2 wins.  I love it.  This group and another are giving us very exciting games to watch.

You all are making me tired listening to you all cleaning out your stuff.  I need to do that to the cloths closet.  I have stuff in there I will never wear again.

Lea I do hope you get your electricity back.  After the hurricane, I bought 2 large battery operated fans.  I will at least move the air around.

Rain moved in last night.  Its supposed to be a soggy week. Looks like its going to be another busy week with lawyer and running papers to fax and mail.  Real estate agent out this afternoon.

hi everyone  well finished up the top tier of cupboards and got another box to go out of there  one more place to look for that elec teapot lol  handy thinks he might have spotted it once in the corner cupboard but i dont see myself putting  it in there but ill check lol  that can be tomorrow lol  

then that is all im doing i can always call s. army again later on lol  

might know someone here in my neighborhood that will take some of my cookbooks too, not sure yet but her daughter is a really into food person and might like them  she is the same daughter of a friend that feeds ferel cats in her neighbor hood so a good person lol  

got a fairy gm gift, contacted teri for addy no reply yet so ill wait lol no

choice huh  

other than that nothing much here i guess i need to call daughter about that sewing machine today the s. army  is coming may 2 so she if they want it best come before then lol   bout it for now see ya ll later   

Hi Everyone.  Little slow today.

Katy if you don't hear from Terri, maybe I have the addy your are looking for.  I have a list of the Wish list people also.

Today is one of those lost days.  Just want to take naps.  Maybe tomorrow will be better.

Have a good night.

was busy,see y'all tomorrow

good morning everyone

almost time to get the planters ready for new plants,the pansies are just about done,when it warms up they look kind of straggly

have a great day

thanks mj sent you a pm  lyn, ohmy pansies, one of my favorite flowers but they do not do well i dont think or do they in a lot of sun like we have in our yard  i usually have to go with some that are more hardy i guess, and enjoy the sun lol  

cloudy here with some rain sometime in our day  but fairly mild    

handy took over our few boxes and bags to the neighbors last night so those are out of the living room at least lol  it looks like a good pile so far with his and ours  i have one neighbor to call today as she left us a basket of fruit yesterday so wanna call and thank her, also wanted to ask her a couple questions too about some ghans i have stored, and if her church might be able to use them  i know this is off season, but ya never know lol otherwise i will have handy drop them down to the nursing home for me sometime soon and her and her mom might be interested in a bin of purses i have in my bedroom closet and when i go through them and get them sorted, then i will invite them for coffee and see if they want any   otherwise i will give them to s. army next time around lol 

Felt good though to stretch out my body yesterday, by reaching what i could anyway but today just a bit still pooped lol  so wont get to the purses this time around  my turn to call them next time lol 

I also have these heavy plates, with christmas designs on them  about 12 or so i think  they go in the microwave unlike my good china, but they are so heavy!! put any food on them and you really have a time carrying them to the table lol  i think those are up for next time too, as i am out of heavier boxes at the moment lol  

but my upper tier of cupboards are clean, and everything in them has been washed!! shelves dusted, and the glass polished!!the side facing the kitchen is reg wood doors, the side facing the living room ( breakfast bar between them, ) is etched glass doors   ..

so good job me i should say us, lol as handy did a little reaching too, but i wrapped all the glassware  i only kept half the stem ware, more than ill ever need, and wrapped the rest up and packed them up to go, including the infamous christmas mugs lol  Kept all my smaller serving bowls, and desert bowls, but the juice glasses went too  i dont drink much juice, and handy when we have it drinks a normal glassful so we dont use them and haven't since ny brunches   i did as i thought find my electric tea pot, makes like two cups of tea which is great for me lol  and a friend if here i guess 

it was hiding in the corner cupboard, behind a package of paper napkins we use when the kids are here, for pizza and such   handy knew he had seen it somewhere lol  also will keep my hot coffee pot thermos, (think village inn)  as we make a pot of coffee, pour it in that and put on another pot when we have people here true, not used often, but handy none- the- less at those times lol  

Found my asst of teabags, too so im all set for tea this aft.  lol  🍺 cept i am out of crumpets!! Drat!!

Im itching to get to the Christmas stuff by myself if necessary, but handy says that shelf will break if we try to remove anything, as its cracked now, so best to wait till he is ready to replace the shelf i guess , she says reluctantly lol   better safe than sorry applies here lol

So now time to make that call, ill be back later, take care   :waving

• Like 1

Rained last night.  This morning had lots of thunder and lightening.  Now its back to just rain.  Hoping the severe weather does not materialize later in day as predicted.

Lyn I dont hardly know what to do about planting anything this year.  Need to go pick up pot of flowers at botanical garden that comes with membership.  This year instead of flowers being available to pick up all the time its limited to one month each season.  They just started the first one with pansies and as you said its getting past them doing well.  They are doing that with all their offerings this year----giving them to you too late in the season to set them out.  Yet another questionable decision made by their new CEO.

Hey Today is a pretty day. The sun is shining. A little cool this morning. But it soon warmed up to the 70's. I have been cleaning. I gotta start doing what Katie's a doing. Cleaning stuff out of my cabinets. Also my junk room. It has done got piled up again.  It will be a job when I start. But  just to get started is the problem.Well I think I will start this Tues. Today I swept and mopped the floors.   Clean around in my bedroom.  Well you all take care. Love you all.

Just had a rain shower run thru here.  It lasted about 20 minutes, now the sun is setting and it is beautiful.

Finished up a Queen Bee doll that I just posted.  I have one that is a pumpkin that I will be making soon.

Well even though my team is not playing I am watching some Hockey playoffs.  I am rooting for the Columbus Blue Jackets.  Their coach use to be ours.

Have a great night.

I mowed the grass today. Have a toothache. Headed to the dentist tomorrow. I'm sure it's getting pulled.. I believe it's  the last straw.

Good night all!

Had more rain but the worst storms stayed south.  Flash flooding is now a big concern as even more rain moving in. 

I saw the weather today and hope you all are doing ok.  The weather is scary.

Clear today on and off. Not sure if we are getting rain.

Happy May Day:flower

I remember making the little cone shaped baskets in grade school then filling them with lillies of the valley from our yard and leaving them at a neighbors door.  Just saw my first hummer for the season and had to go fill and put a feeder out.

Beautiful memory Brenda, people might think you were stalking htem if you left flowers on the door knob these days...

sandra, I sure hope you did okay at the demist....they always put me in the kiddie room with big glasses, earphones and Sponge Bob videos.... I can NOT stand the sound of the drill,even to polish my teeth.... drives me up a wall..

working on a round tipple for DIL's bday in July....

Tomorrow the Princess turns 1... ( I also have a bday but I said I gave it to her so I don't have to have any more)....

My Dil ( Princess mom) is from the Philippines , they have a huge gala for the first bday there, the earliest they could get the VFW building was the 11th, so that s when that is...

Chris has an outing for me tomorrow.... its suppose to be a suprise but he left the tickets out .... we are taking the train to Greensboro and back tomorrow ....I imagine we will have lunch while we are there... and I LOVE looking at old houses....

Friday we head to the coast for a bday lunch with my youngest son and his wife... her bday is Fri so we will take her out to lunch... DS owns a gym in Goldsboro and he has been sending me simple exercises to do to keep my joints moving...he'll do an assessment while I am there...

Sat. & Sun i'll spend with another son & DIL and the three boys... delightful chaos is the only way to describe it...

Katy, good for you getting rid of stuff... I have dishes that belong to Chris's gma and  no one in the family  wants " the old" stuff... so much dish and glassware I need to just let go....they will probably take it to goodwill after I die anyway! Might as well save them the trip!

Chris is already asleep in his recliner, I think I will go on back to the bedroom with a good book and read until I fall asleep... I seriously need some beauty rest...LOL