katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2019 new thread

19 hours ago, bgs said:

Krys we could move in with two pets but not replace the second when it passes.  We can get one later after we move.  You have to fill out an application with all its info and get it approved.  After losing TC I just dont feel like I can go through that again monetarily and emotionally.  At least not yet.  After she passed 2 years ago we started putting her leftover food out in the shed as there is a population of neighborhood cats that wander around.  We have a neighbor that puts out food for them.  Two from her bunch decided to stay around here but neither wanted anything to do with being in the house.   Another showed up earlier in the summer but disappeared as soon as neighbors got back home from a long weekend.  She showed up again 3 weeks ago while neighbors were gone for 3 weeks.  Neighbors are back but she is still here.  Why would she leave as dh feeds them on demand and each in a separate bowl.  She is very friendly and I think wants in the house.  Dh wants to bring her in which would be ok if we were staying here.  I can not deal with moving and a new pet at the same time.  We would have to get her to the vet to be checked out, vaccinated, spayed if she hasnt been, microchipped and see if we could even file an application to be approved to bring her along.  Right now they have is on file as not bringing one with us.  Daughter of neighbor buying this place is always taking in strays and since the plan is for her to live here I think she will let this cat in.  It might even be one of theirs.  Not sure we really have much of anything of value to sell.  I have a lot of art glass, Precious Moments, and Hallmark ornaments that were valuable at one time but not now.  

Called the title company today and now its we are really busy because its the end of the month.  I bet I know what they did.  We put a farther out close by date on it because when we asked they said it usually takes them 2 weeks but it was taking longer as they were slammed at the time.  We didnt want to be in the position of having to redo paperwork with a new date get all the signatures again, and run it back up there because they failed to get the paperwork done in time.  I bet they let ours sit and worked ones that came in after ours with earlier dates. We told them we put that date on there and why but wanted to close as soon as possible. 

Brenda, that is great that you got that option to be able to have a pet there :). And I do understand how you feel about getting new pet after your dear little kitty died. I do remember what you & your husband was going thru when your kitty was very sick at that Vet.  I feel the same way, lost my Cesar over 1.5 year ago and is hard to even think for me to get a new pet.  I do know I should get a new pet. BUT, each time I think about that I just "want my Cesar back"! :(. About that kitty that your husband is feeding now it is probably better for him to stay in same place. Specially if  that new owner likes cats and she will take care of him even take him in. 

About that Title and those workers there. Don't you just  feel like screaming loud at them: " People what the h... you are doing..?!, you are not doing your job!!". 

I been having a lot of problems thru this whole summer between crooked car repair shop & dealing with crazy/lazy people from my credit card. You would think that Visa Chase would know how to hire responsible and knowledgeable people. That kind of people that they would know WHAT they are doing, not providing false information and doing their job (not being lazy). Not the case. I guess that would be too much to ask of them!. My whole summer just got screw-up because those two.

I hope you will get that Title taken care of very soon!. I know that is preventing you of planning & taking care of everything else..

Krys

Krys I knew you would understand about a new pet.  I am afraid of getting another one with feline asthma.  I dont want to be stuck buying albuterol and using an inhaler on another cat.  We feel guilty because TC was just 6 and wonder if we did something to cause it like using the wrong litter and putting her in the large dog kennel at night and when we were gone.  We feel guilty because we didnt want her when she showed up.  Our last dog was frail and in his final days.  One reason its hard for me to leave here is the 4 dogs we had are buried here but dh had her cremated to take with him.  As far as the title company I would rather someone say its going to take a week longer because I will be on vacation.  They have to close us no later than Sept 13 or paperwork and signatures have to be redone.  That better not happen as we have only been waiting on title company and not on inspections and bank loans to come thru which are the typical hold ups.  I guess its just giving us a little more time to work on moving things out of here. Sorry about the crooked car repair shop and incompetent people with your credit card company.  I can just imagine how frustrated you must be.  

Ratdog sounds like you will be ready.  Hopefully it will wear itself out.  If something does happen I think it will be better to have your son and his friends there.

Katy my niece is storing yarn for me so havent had to give any away yet.

Mary Jo just saw Andy said Mahomes wont play at all tomorrow night.  #2 qb is out with fractured ankle.  This week they signed Matt Moore former Dolphin who wasnt even in NFL this past year and wont be ready so its qb #3 and qb #4 tomorrow night.  Glad dr apointment went well.  

Neighbor finally came down this evening to see the septic tank lid so now dh can fill the area back in with dirt.  Dh has 4 posts in the ground  at each corner of the tank so its easy to find.  Today I dug up plants and potted them for my niece.  I think tomorrow we will take my concrete bench to her house and set it up for her.  Think its supposed to rain Fri thru Mon.  

good morning

have been up since 5,enjoying my coffee in blissful quiet,no tv going,no-one talking,ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Good morning Everyone. Hope you all have a good day.  It's has been raining some over here in TN.  And hot. It's been in the 90's here. Anyone that's in where the hurricane is. Hope you all stay safe. Take care.

One last trip to the grocery store this morning. Bought frozen pizza so the guys can bake it before we lose power in case papa johns is not delivering saturday night.

Guys should be here saturday night through monday or tuesday depending on the storm track. Both of my sons are now planning to come home.

Should be quite the party! 

Ratdog thats we what we do before a possible ice storm--- stock up and precook things. We especially make sure dh has a thermos of coffee.  In winter we can cook on the wood heating stove and cold things can go in stairwell or car.  We also have a camp stove.  Not real sure about life after the move in regard to power outages but thinking power would be restored quickly in area we are moving to since it is senior living so lots of people in concentrated area with physical ailments and our unit is across the street from the nursing home.  

Looks like the storm is slowing down, not good.  Not sure where it will hit on the east coast.  We could end up with it being a CAT1 over here once it crosses the state.  Now the problem will be when it hits the Gulf bath water.

We just got 2 cases of water from the grocery store.  We do not get our water deliver till next Thursday, so we will have water after the storm.  These 2 cases should carry us.  Take care ratdog and we will be watching the storm.  Our Gov. is now on the news.  Jeeze they are asking if the state is ready.  Hey, they have been doing this for years, I am sure they have it written down somewhere.

Brenda, there are a lot of players hurt this pre-season.  They are talking about cutting down the number of games for pre-season.  After today, they have to start playing as a team.  I can't wait till the season starts.  They just said that Miami or Jacksonville is going to play somewhere else.  Anyone what a good chuckle.  Usually for the schedule it is the team's logo with the logo on the team they are playing.  Well, for Jacksonville, they are using babies in hoodies.  It is really cute.  

https://www.jaguars.com/2018schedulerelease?gclid=CIf2uIOtqOQCFdV6gQod5-IGmA&gclsrc=ds

Off to my corner

UCF  is closing from 5pm friday until at least tuesday. (Which I think they were doing anyway for Labor day)

Problem is the storm has slowed and now they are calling for a CAT4 to hit the East Coast.

Todays project was hauling bench to niece and setting it up all nice and level.  Its so much heavier than when I first got it years ago.20190829_125547.thumb.jpg.dea0811576ce15f064e0a379c7c86bf9.jpg

Funny how things get so much heavier through the years, isn't it??😄

I agree with that too,I used to be able to haul those big bags of dirt around,not anymore

1 hour ago, Avon Lady said:

Funny how things get so much heavier through the years, isn't it??😄

Yeah it must be all that moss that has grown in those micro pits in the concrete for 22 years. :rofl

26 minutes ago, pineknott said:

I agree with that too,I used to be able to haul those big bags of dirt around,not anymore

Getting ready to dump and spread my last 5 bags of mulch.  

Now it looks like the storm will land monday and tuesday.

Not sure I have enough food for 6 twenty something guys. If the storm keeps slowing they can eat at McDonalds Sunday. Save the supplies for Monday and Tuesday.

6 hours ago, bgs said:

Ratdog thats we what we do before a possible ice storm--- stock up and precook things. We especially make sure dh has a thermos of coffee.  In winter we can cook on the wood heating stove and cold things can go in stairwell or car.  We also have a camp stove.  Not real sure about life after the move in regard to power outages but thinking power would be restored quickly in area we are moving to since it is senior living so lots of people in concentrated area with physical ailments and our unit is across the street from the nursing home.  

Brenda I think in places like that they have generators. Next time you have a chance you might like to ask them.

Krys

3 hours ago, bgs said:

Todays project was hauling bench to niece and setting it up all nice and level.  Its so much heavier than when I first got it years ago.20190829_125547.thumb.jpg.dea0811576ce15f064e0a379c7c86bf9.jpg

Brenda, You are giving all your stuff away with DELIVERY! :). On top of all of that you are painting, cleaning each item and..:).

If I would be giving away my stuff I would say: "Come and get it!" :rofl

Krys

Sorry to burst your bubble Brenda, but just because you are in a Senior Center.  We had a couple of Senior Centers without electricity like us for 5 days.

Any way,  God Bless you ratdog with 6 twenty something boys.

A friend, who lives here posted something on FB, I have got to share.  It said "Waiting for a Hurricane is like being stalked by a turtle.":rofl

Now that is funny.  Watching and ready for what we end up with, not as bad as the East Coast, but bad enough.

Time to shut down for the night.  Have a good night.

22 hours ago, bgs said:

Krys I knew you would understand about a new pet.  I am afraid of getting another one with feline asthma.  I dont want to be stuck buying albuterol and using an inhaler on another cat.  We feel guilty because TC was just 6 and wonder if we did something to cause it like using the wrong litter and putting her in the large dog kennel at night and when we were gone.  We feel guilty because we didnt want her when she showed up.  Our last dog was frail and in his final days.  One reason its hard for me to leave here is the 4 dogs we had are buried here but dh had her cremated to take with him.  As far as the title company I would rather someone say its going to take a week longer because I will be on vacation.  They have to close us no later than Sept 13 or paperwork and signatures have to be redone.  That better not happen as we have only been waiting on title company and not on inspections and bank loans to come thru which are the typical hold ups.  I guess its just giving us a little more time to work on moving things out of here. Sorry about the crooked car repair shop and incompetent people with your credit card company.  I can just imagine how frustrated you must be.   

Brenda, under any circumstances you should blame your self that your kitty was sick & died. You didn't done anything wrong. After you got  her you provided for her the best possible care that you knew how to. Everyone of us who loves animals do the best for them.  She was probably born that way (seekling with those genies). Besides that she was homeless for a while, that is hard for those animals try to stay a life, very hard on their body can do a lot of damage. The same is with people, sometimes they are born with serious health issues, sometimes that will turn up later in life because they got those genies from their parents/family. One of my granddaughters have asthma & other serious heath issues. The other one is very healthy & strong. And both of them were raised the same way. Please, do not blame your self for anything! :).

About your dogs buried there. Think about that a positive way. They will stay "at home" where they lived their life's and they were loved there by you & your husband :). 

I buried my cat here in my back yard many years ago. Two dogs that I had after that cat I cremated them.  I am not sure if cremation is the best way. Because as long as I am a life I will keep their ashes. BUT, what will happen to those ashes after I am gone??.  My kids have their animals...Until now on Catholic cemetery pet ashes are NOT allowed to be buried with their owner. That sucks!. I just wonder who came up with those rules??. I know they are not from God, he loves all animals too.

Krys

8 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Our Gov. is now on the news.  Jeeze they are asking if the state is ready.  Hey, they have been doing this for years, I am sure they have it written down somewhere.

Oh my goodness, Mary Jo! Hurricanes are not funny, but you really gave me a laugh with this one! "I am sure they have it written down somewhere." :rofl

Thinking of each and every one of you in the path of Dorian and hoping you stay safe.

39 minutes ago, Tampa Doll said:

Sorry to burst your bubble Brenda, but just because you are in a Senior Center.  We had a couple of Senior Centers without electricity like us for 5 days.

A friend, who lives here posted something on FB, I have got to share.  It said "Waiting for a Hurricane is like being stalked by a turtle.":rofl

Now that is funny.  Watching and ready for what we end up with, not as bad as the East Coast, but bad enough.

Mary Jo, I hope that hurricane will not get to your place.  Did you stock -up on any canned food and other stuff just in case?.

That got to be just nerve wreaking :(.

Good Luck!

Krys

Krys this niece is special, pretty much like a daughter and she was so excited at getting things she said not to worry about her birthday or Christmas.  She is storing 16 totes of yarn for me.  

They might have generators for the nursing home and assisted living, but I am sure not for independent living.  I just think the power company may treat restoring power to that area as a priority.  

I was surprised that dh wanted to cremate her.  I planned on burying her here because as you said it was her home.

Mary Jo I know it depends where you are on the grid.  They work out from the main transmission lines and if you are end of the line like I am now you get power back last.  I really wouldnt be giving it this much thought except dh is a bear to be around without his coffee.  

45 minutes ago, Tampa Doll said:

Some Senior Centers sucks! :(. Some are a lot better than others.

Krys

Brenda, their got to be something on a market, something small. That you could boil water for that coffee without electricity :).

Krys

5 minutes ago, USpolishgirl said:

Brenda, their got to be something on a market, something small. That you could boil water for that coffee without electricity :).

Krys

We have a camp stove but I didnt want to waste precious space storing it and fluid.  You know seems like I remember seeing a little set up using those cans of fluid they light to keep food warm.  Dont think we bought it because we have a camp stove.  

This place isnt what I picture when you say "senior center".  Its its own community.

https://www.jkv.org/kansas-city-retirement-community/