katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2019 new thread

If you go here, you can see my embossed afghan.  I was trying to post the link, but this is what I got.  I am going to find out how to stop this 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

If you go here, you can see my embossed afghan.  I was trying to post the link, but this is what I got.  I am going to find out how to stop this 

Mary Jo the picture is the link.  Just click on it.  If you want the non photo link you have to go down real quick and select the other option.

Its a beautiful afghan.

Edited by bgs

cant wait to see the ghan mj and lea your hats and blankee beaded, look very nice loved them all 

busy busy most of you huh  feel better sandra  bgs do you have or know your new addy yet?i hope it is all you have dreamed of!

settling  in huh carol  long year ahead huh lol 

little rain this am, but sunny and nice out now, go figure huh  

another call for student loans humm, diff number same robot lol  ill block this one too lol  

I know how this works i worked at an ins co, and we were to call all over  to get or request peoples medical recorda, ekg and such and when we couldn't get through with one case we would document that, and pass it on to another operator.. sometimes that same file went around a few times lol  

i understand a new law is up for passing about robo calls and if it passes, they will be not allowed, so they are sure getting in time before then huh

well coming up on supper, gotta run see ya soon

Hi! It's been most of forever since I've been in here. My computer died in April or May and I'm not good at typing on my phone, so I just kind of disappeared. I haven't done any crocheting since May. Our summer was crazy busy with family trips and when I did have time, I was just sort of collapsing into my chair and done for the night! But I'm here now. Although, I'm realizing that I lost a lot of my crochet patterns when the computer died. I guess I'll have to start collecting again!

• Like 1

Glad you are back after your sabbatical Holly.... 

Okay, lawn tractor is here...had to deal with DH acting like a kid waiting for Christmas all Sat, as he called them every hour to see when it was going to be delivered.....its very nice ( no ac Brenda..LOL) and he got all outside the fence done on Sat. evening, but as he started to bring it inside the fence... ummm…. the width is 48 inches... our gate is 46.. So, Sunday Josh, Jenn and Savannah came over ( I had to cook)..and Josh and Chris got a new gate built...

Honest I tried not to laugh....he looked so deflated!

Had lunch with the MIL today and then we hit up a few thrift stores, they are decluttering their place and hope to move into assisted living  soon, she gave be bags of old crochet books and yarn...

Sandra, I had a touch of vertigo when I woke up this morning too, maybe the weather...glad you are feeling better..

here it is 9:00 and I think I have a sink full of dishes to do unless some sort of dish fairy came in and did them... then headed to bed with an audio book and my crochet... Dh looks comfy on the sofa where he feel asleep... and you know what they say.."let sleeping dogs lie"... Ghee, his cat has made herself all snug and comfy too so its lights out in here!

• Like 1

On 8/25/2019 at 4:59 PM, bgs said:

Krys we are waiting on the title company to close on the 5 acre place we currently own.  Going to be calling this week to try to move it along as it will be 4 weeks tomorrow when we left the contract with them.  Escrow officer said it generally takes them two weeks to work them but they were slammed right now.  We put a Sept date down so we wouldnt have to redo paperwork and get all new signatures just in case but said we wanted to close as soon as they could process it.  Of couse she was out of office day we dropped off contract and on vacation last week when buyer called in to check

We are moving to a continuing care retirement community so it has houses, duplexes, and apartments for independent living.  You can just rent but the rent its higher than the monthly fee you pay if you do a buy in. By buying in if you need to go to assisted living, Alzheimer units, or nursing home they will place you there over accepting someone that did not buy in and a perdon that bought in will be charged a much lower rate.  The buy in fee provides us with long term health insurance there and guarantees us home for life should we go broke (like huge medical bills or some ones 401K goes under.)  They have a special benevolent fund to help cover.  The buy in is not cheap but what price do you put on peace of mind to know you wont become homeless.  We dont have long term health insurance so this will take care of that.  Its a not for profit and is run more like a co-op.  There are different buy in options like should you want any money back for your estate when you pass then its a higher buy in rate or I guess a better term would be entrance fee. We pay a set monthly fee or rent which covers the water, electric, gas, sewer, trash, and $190 dining credit for each of us (they feel that this encourages old people to eat) 

Its going to be weird (but nice) when a faucet leaks to pick up the phone instead of getting out the plumbing box.  Something wrong with fridge, stove, microwave, hot water heater, washer, dryer, furnace ac, garage door opener, even lightbulb in ceiling pick up phone. No mowing and no more shoveling snow.  Well we dont have to shovel snow but I bet dh will instead of waiting for them to get to us but this walkway and drive is nothing compared to what we deal with now.

I dont remember the square feet.  Its actually larger than I thought we could afford there.   At one time I told dh I could live in a studio apartment just to move there.  At first he balked until I pointed out we really only "needed" a place to sleep and shower because we would have run of the whole campus.  There are lots of common areas where you can sit and read or crochet.  Our current house is small but the attic is full and we have a metal building that is actually bigger than the house.  

Doesnt seem like we have made a dent in getting rid of stuff. Dh's plan is to move stuff to the new place and then call the auctioneer out to auction off things at their auction barn.  I am pretty sure there will be stuff left behind.  That was part of neighbors offer---dont have to clean place out or up and its in the contract.  

WOW!,  that is a lot information here :).

Brenda I hope that thing with that Title will get done soon.  For those government workers usually  takes forever to do something. They do not need to "rush" their jobs are safe! LOL.

I think it just seems to you that you didn't made a dent with preparing for that move. You are just overwhelmed with everything that needs to be taken care of.  It is very hard to move specially from place that we lived for a very long time. We tend to accumulate every year more & more stuff... Soon you will get to a point that all your work will start showing big results.

If you do not need to pay extra for moving that stuff what you do not need your husband idea might be right, about that auction at your new place.  Right now you live far from populated area.  That could present a problem getting people interested to drive that far even for an auction.

From all you been saying about your new place, it sounds great! :).

I am sure your husband will try to shovel some snow there! LOL
You & your husband  should not stress too much, that is not good. Because one way or another everything will work out fine. I know that is a lot easier said than done.

Krys

Posted (edited)

Holly glad to see you back.

Katy I can remember the new address except for the zip code.

Lea :rofl about the gate.  When I bought mine I got a 54" deck.  I didnt have any gate issues but soon learned to go certain ways to not high center it.  When dh took over mowing he promptly wedged it in one area, has gotten it major stuck in mud three times and put it on cruise control forgetting that all he had to do to disengage it was hit the brake so I hear this crash in the building and lots of swearing.  Told him I didnt think they should be letting him drive the firetrucks.

Mary Jo our back up qb is now out due to broken ankle and a couple of other guys they planned on starting are out for knee surgery.  

Krys when it comes time to move I have the option to just pack and move what I think I need and leave everything else behind.  Buyers offer was we dont have to fix anything, clean the place out or clean it up and I wrote up the contract that way and they signed it.  I just would rather clean out as much as I can.  

Well the gal picking up the trees was a little late and the septic guy was a couple hours early.  Glad he was early because it was pouring down rain and lightening at the time we expected him.  I called the closing coordinator at the senior place to verfy a few things about the closing process there and to see about meeting with our area coordinator and head groundskeeper to check if its really ok for us to have some bonsai trees outside and if its ok to bring some of my garden statuary.  

Edited by bgs

good morning

smiled about the comment about the gate being smaller,that would be an issue here too

did a little painting on tiles yesterday,to spread the love when we go to Va. beach tomorrow,hearts, butterflies, and what passes for me as ocean waves,used my fingers instead of a paint brush

Good Morning.

Hi Holly so glad to see you back.

Lea, I was on the floor laughing about the Little Boy at Christmas and then the gate being to small.  I don't have that trouble with my back, as they can use a weed whacker in the back.

The 3 H's are in full force and it is the Dog Days of Summer.  We are all watching the hurricane East of us.

Sitting here watching the school buses going by.  We are down the street from a Middle School.

Well off to make some Gnomes for Christmas.

Have a fun day. 

8 hours ago, bgs said:

Krys when it comes time to move I have the option to just pack and move what I think I need and leave everything else behind.  Buyers offer was we dont have to fix anything, clean the place out or clean it up and I wrote up the contract that way and they signed it.  I just would rather clean out as much as I can.  

Brenda, that part is great that you do not need to fix or clean anything and you can leave stuff behind. I was talking about things they are  valuable and worth to sell.

I forgot to ask: can you have a pet there??. I think that is important for all of us animal lovers :)

Krys

Another storm on its way. My son says he will come home rather than stay in his apartment. Of course that means all of his friends will be here for the storm as well. So  off to the grocery store first thing tomorrow!

Gnomes for Christmas MJ??? I love a good gnome.....gotta picture?

Tomorrow is my last time going to the children's museum with the boys before preschool starts.  I'll need my chair and hook for sure when I get home.

I'll take a picture here soon of everything I have been working on...

Ratdog, I miss those days, nothing like a house full of younger folks eating your food to make you feel loved...

Lyn, how about some pictures of the tiles?  

How are you feeling Sandra?

Brenda, I feel like such a part of this moving process of yours that I need to come up and help with the move...LOL

I have one done and almost done the second.

Yeah Ratdog, watching this storm real close.  Boy I hope it does not hit Puerto Rico. 

Have fun at the Children's Museum Lea.

hi people, good to see our holly back!!

sounds like school is getting in you way lea, lol its back here since mid august  

I really have nothing exciting to say im afraid, day is kind of overcast but no rain yet 

they have a color book out there lyn, with Dover i think, on rock painting, that might be a fun book to color too  Join the ranks of the AOTCP ass. lol  ( artist of the colored page lol) my thought is Love what you do, and do what you love !!  with that in mind, back to the color book, lol  just taking a break as i was cleaning up my shelf mess,lol  see ya soon   

Posted (edited)

Krys we could move in with two pets but not replace the second when it passes.  We can get one later after we move.  You have to fill out an application with all its info and get it approved.  After losing TC I just dont feel like I can go through that again monetarily and emotionally.  At least not yet.  After she passed 2 years ago we started putting her leftover food out in the shed as there is a population of neighborhood cats that wander around.  We have a neighbor that puts out food for them.  Two from her bunch decided to stay around here but neither wanted anything to do with being in the house.   Another showed up earlier in the summer but disappeared as soon as neighbors got back home from a long weekend.  She showed up again 3 weeks ago while neighbors were gone for 3 weeks.  Neighbors are back but she is still here.  Why would she leave as dh feeds them on demand and each in a separate bowl.  She is very friendly and I think wants in the house.  Dh wants to bring her in which would be ok if we were staying here.  I can not deal with moving and a new pet at the same time.  We would have to get her to the vet to be checked out, vaccinated, spayed if she hasnt been, microchipped and see if we could even file an application to be approved to bring her along.  Right now they have is on file as not bringing one with us.  Daughter of neighbor buying this place is always taking in strays and since the plan is for her to live here I think she will let this cat in.  It might even be one of theirs.  Not sure we really have much of anything of value to sell.  I have a lot of art glass, Precious Moments, and Hallmark ornaments that were valuable at one time but not now.  

Been keeping an eye on storms track too.  One of our favorite Bonsai Masters lives in Puerto Rico and then there are all you along the coast.  Really hoping we were skipping having hurricanes hit this year.

Lea thanks for the support.  Even though it will be physically exhausting moving things the hardest part seems to be getting to that point and trying to decide what you should keep and how to get rid of the rest.  Every day dh says he is taking something that to me was a given will never need or use again.  Thats why I say he is never getting a car in that garage unless its a Hot Wheel.

Called the title company today and now its we are really busy because its the end of the month.  I bet I know what they did.  We put a farther out close by date on it because when we asked they said it usually takes them 2 weeks but it was taking longer as they were slammed at the time.  We didnt want to be in the position of having to redo paperwork with a new date get all the signatures again, and run it back up there because they failed to get the paperwork done in time.  I bet they let ours sit and worked ones that came in after ours with earlier dates. We told them we put that date on there and why but wanted to close as soon as possible. 

Edited by bgs

Lea,

hopefully by the weekend,we'll have some up,they are on the thumb drive,just need time to sit and get it done,we are a month behind,with more than two three steps,it becomes out of my realm of comfort,especially on his computer,see I have this knack of deleting things and not knowing how the heck I did it,sooooooooooooo I wait for a person who is saavy at tech

Up Very early this morning.  Got a Dr. appointment at 7:30.  Set the alarm for six, but was up at 4.

So you may not see much of me today.  I know I will nap later.

Watching the hurricane real close.

Have a fun day.

good morning

hope you get a good report from the dr.

we are out the door at nine,we'll probably be back around 5 or 6

Having a spell with nicer temps------50s and 60s at night, 70s and 80s during day.  Hummingbird feeder is not emptying out near as fast so they are leaving early this year.  

Hit a snag on getting rid of extracting equipment.  Dh sent email to place ad in bee clubs Aug newsletter.  Just realized we never got newsletter and started looking around.  Last one I could find was March so contacted them.  They said we never renewed.  Wish they would have emailed dh back with that news instead of saying ad would run in Aug.  My Dec check to them was deposited in Jan so its straightened out now.  Ad will be in Sept newsletter but that may be too late.  Its the trying to find the best place to get rid of things that is hard and then when you do you hit roadblocks like this.  We renewed our membership the past couple of years for the sole purpose of placing this ad. Then we have reached out multiple times to dhs friend whose main house was flooded to offer him furniture housewares etc.  He says he wants things and says he will come by but hasnt.  His personality is such that it does not surprise us.  At the time we made the offer he was staying at an old unfurnished house he owns that he doesnt have the electricity turned on.  Oh well we tried.  

Still early but Dorian is possibly a category 2 when it gets to Florida.

Had to laugh at the forcasted landfall "between west palm and jacksonville"  hopefully they can narrow that down in the next day or two.

Keeping a good eye on the storm.  It seems to be moving to the east a little, cause they just said the PR will not get hit as bad.  We shall see.

Was someone looking for a spider web shawl or something to finish their Halloween costume?  Here is a page where they have a lot of different patterns.  https://coolcreativity.com/crochet/crochet-spiderweb-patterns/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=amigurumi_fox_spiderweb_blanket_amigurumi_sloth_and_morefree_and_paid_patterns&utm_term=2019-08-28

Not sure if they are free or not, but an idea.

Now they are saying a CAT3 possible.  Have the boys come yet or are they going to wait a day or two?

All went well at the 6 month check-up for DH with the heart Dr.  He could not get his iPad to work, so he was more interested in that, then in the check-up.  So we were in an out once he got in the room.  It took longer to drive there.

Posted (edited)

hi all, good luck with that storm all of you I hope it misses you all 

i hear ya bgs about the cats and moving, too much for you all right now huh  i was concerned, are you going to crochet still as i noticed you said you gave a lot of your yarn away??or is that just stuff you wont use?? ..

I asked daughter too, if she wanted that set of good china i put aside for her years ago, she does not, so i will finally give it up this fall to am vets, or sal army, whomever gets here first lol  I will also go through my bin of hats and winter wear, as i know i have more hats then i could ever wear, so will keep a few and free the others to good homes lol  and gloves, they are going too, as i only wear isotoners  for some years now lol  i might try to match them up with the stuff for the kids at pineridge who knows  

next week i will probably post out the 45 8 inch squares to pam for her ghans for pine ridge, and get that box gone 

and if i can post another box, i have one for bailey4 of some dolly ghans i think somewhere lol  

then just the hats and scarves i made for pine ridge, for the kids is all i will have left to post later in the fall, i think, and will regain-reclaim some shelf space, but need to find a couple boxes first lol and if i find something else, ill post that too..lol  but my goal is the above mentioned lol  i am nothing, if not a realist lol 

well lea, i hope your sun is singing today, and your birdies are shining!! ..

i got nuttin' else for now, take care all, be safe  :ghug  

fe  

Edited by katyallen8090

One Son says he will be here Saturday night. I assume the friends arrive Sunday. Other son hasnt said if he is coming home or staying put.

If we lose power i have a book to read, handkerchiefs in need of crochet edging, coloring books and colored pencils, and a jewelry project. So, lots to choose from to keep busy.