katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2019 new thread

Good Morning.  Way up before the sun.  Guess my body is worried, because I do not have an alarm clock.  

I have an appointment to get my blood taken this morning.

Just wanted to pop in before I go.

Have a fun day.

good morning

heading across the river today to do  The Mariner's museum with NY relatives

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pineknott said:

good morning

heading across the river today to do  The Mariner's museum with NY relatives

We are hoping to hit that up in the next few months.... all the times we have been to VA Beach and have never been!

MJ, hope the vampires are gentle..

Brenda, all of our plans are on hold as dh bought a new lawn tractor that will be deliver tomorrow.... so yard work it is! ( which I despise)….

Easy day today though...need to head to the grocery store, I think we will have turkey burgers for dinner..any of you folks try those meal delivery plans like Hello Fresh?  Will it make me love cooking more?

I am back and the vampire was good.  She ended up taking it out of my hand.

Ah a new toy for DH Lea, I sure do miss working outside.  I rather do that than clean or do laundry.

Brenda it seems like it is taking forever, but once you move, you will think it went to fast.

I have never tried those meal plans.  I do use the instacart to do my grocery shopping.  Or if I shop at Walmart Grocery, I use Uber.  Less strain on the legs.

Well the 3 H's are in full swing today.

Well, Brenda, lets see if the Bucs can win tonight.  Cleveland is in town.  They are going to sweat their bippies off.

I see you all have San Francisco will be in town for you all tomorrow night.  Good Luck.

Have fun today everyone. 

Hello everyone.  Busy morning. Went to get blood drawn for A1c, cholesterol, etc.   Then off to Wal-Mart and Michael's for yarn.  Now I'm exhausted, so will sit for a spell and crochet.  Hope everyone has a great crocheting weekend.

Good to see you Debbie.  Must be the day for A1C test, had one myself. 

Now the clouds are moving in, so time to stay in and crochet.

Didnt have to go to work today. I did laundry and finished my online inservice hours. A friend took me to lunch as a thank  you for helping her with registration for kids joining chatechism classes at our church.

I made another pen case.

1566593654253786253002.jpg

22 hours ago, bgs said:

My favorite scam calls said they were from the IRS.   In just a few days it will be 4 years since dad passed and a few more days 26 years since mom passed.  

Lea :hug Sorry about your kitty and all the others.

Tribble good to see you.  What kind of puppy did you get?  

Mower quit on dh Tues before he finished the field.  It was miserably hot and he was tired but he pushed it back down from the field.  I had encouraged him to replace the battery last year so this wouldnt happen.  He finished it Wed after putting in a new battery.  Not sure much happening at title company this week as neighbor called to check on things and learned person working it is on vacation.  I wish they would give you a straight answer when you ask how long it was going to take and just say add another week because of vacation. Dh got a followup call concerning the correction on his pension.  The check we sent in early June to repay what they refunded in Feb finally cleared the bank.  A guy from the bonsai society came out today and hauled off most all the trees we we never did much with.  He is going to keep some and  will bring the others to the bonsai society's fund raising auction in Nov.  I have a few to take but couldnt have kept that many.  I have more yarn loaded up to take by my nieces house tomorrow and working on another load to take to the thrift store on Sat. I promised someone else my big long pots with my rooted cuttings and she is coming to pick those up on Mon.  Neighbors are having the septic tank pumped Mon so dh will have to get the dirt dug off so he can open it up.  Guess we are making a little progress.

We got a greater swiss mountain dog https://www.akc.org/dog-breeds/greater-swiss-mountain-dog/ They are a bigger shorter haired cousin of the Saint Bernard. He is so smart and funny as hell, but such a handfull. I've had LOTs of dogs over the years, many different breeds and  he has been the most challenging so far.

Sorry to hear about everyone's parents passing. And also sorry to hear about your kitty Lea.

ratdog, cute pen case. 

I finished putting the border on my Scooby Doo Monster Truck fleece throw. It's so much prettier now. I have been looking for crochet items to add to my Halloween outfit. So far, I have a corset and an overskirt for my dress, working on finding a belt etc. I crocheted my hat last year, and will use it again this year, might add some decorations to it, not sure yet. Working on a spiderweb shawl to go with it too... LOL, we will see if I get all I want to done. I'm in the middle of my Monster book of monsters and have had to pause because I didn't have enough buff rhss yarn and I havn't had the extra to go pick up some more - bleh!! But am excited for the finished thing. It's going to be so awesome.

Have a good night all.

Lea dont you do most of the mowing?  Hope he bought a nice one for you-----larger deck so you get done faster and with a cab and ac.  If not send it back. No experience with meal delivery plans.  

Ratdog nice pen case.

Mary Jo hope your team looks good tonight.  Today has felt like Sat because we took sis and niece out for lunch for niece's birthday.  Waiting for things to proces and trying to get everything timed just right is hard. There is a time limit as to how long they will hold the place we want to move to.  I think we should be ok.  We have to watch what date we close there so we dont lose out on our dining credit for that cycle.  

Daphne sounds like a wonderful breed.  My guess is the little booger is really smart and needs lots of mental stimulation.  Cant believe Halloween isnt far off.  

• Like 1

good morning

Lea,that place has changed so much since the '80's when were last there,we walked for  3 hrs before I just ran out of steam,they continued for another hr and a half and still didn't see everything,with my legs bothering me,these walking tours are about to do me in,and yet again today another walking tour of Smithfield

Well, Brenda, the Bucs just about lost.  Not an interesting game.

Ratdog, love the pencil case.

lazy day today.  Thought it was Sunday.  Lost a day somewhere.

Have a fun day.

It's quiet here today. Little Tribble stayed overnight at a friends house last night then the friend is spending the night with us tonight. We live across from each other, so funny thing is Little Tribble came over to the house this morning to pee... LOL, asked him if they didn't have a bathroom across the street and he said he didn't know. Crazy kids. Still working on the same items and began a hedgehog for a friend.

Yes bgs, he is very smart. You can just see him looking at certain things, thinking.

have a good night

I kept thinking yesterday was Sat because when we go out with sis and niece its pretty much on a Sat. This morning we went to bonsai where we were overwhelmed by new members and walk in visitors all wanting one on one attention.  Before leaving dh picked up trash and set out some plants in the resting garden the society adopted.  It was good to unwind at late lunch.  After we dropped off more things at the thrift store.  Then we stopped by to look at the duplex thinking about what concrete to take and where to place it.  We walked across the street to the little lake and talked with a guy fishing.  It was a nice day with an overcast sky and high in the 70's. Its good to finally be home in my chair watching the Chiefs.  

was there ever a c'ville bumper sticker offered here,or maybe someone just made one up,I saw one today in Smithfield

Good morning, all.  Not much going on here today. Yesterday I ran several errands and today's plans are for nothing but crocheting. I am working on an afghan using up some leftover yarn from another afghan.  Not much yarn goes to waste around here. LOL

Hope everyone has a good Sunday.

Brenda you are always so busy.  I get worn out listening to all you do.

Had a package delivered today, but it went to the neighbor's house instead.  See our address is 2968, and theirs is 2986.  They even get us mixed up with the mail sometimes.  It is either that or the other house in the neighborhood with the same number, but a different street.  Really annoying at times.

82 already and soon to be in the 90's.  Last night at 7 it was 91.

Now they are talking about being at the height of the hurricane season.  Have not seen any, Nada, none, so far, but sometimes I think they hope to see one, to give them something to do.

Time to check out the rest of the Ville.  Have a fun day.

14 hours ago, bgs said:

I kept thinking yesterday was Sat because when we go out with sis and niece its pretty much on a Sat. This morning we went to bonsai where we were overwhelmed by new members and walk in visitors all wanting one on one attention.  Before leaving dh picked up trash and set out some plants in the resting garden the society adopted.  It was good to unwind at late lunch.  After we dropped off more things at the thrift store.  Then we stopped by to look at the duplex thinking about what concrete to take and where to place it.  We walked across the street to the little lake and talked with a guy fishing.  It was a nice day with an overcast sky and high in the 70's. Its good to finally be home in my chair watching the Chiefs.  

Brenda do you have a date set for moving?. If not, do you think you will move in September?. That new place you are moving to, that is a Duplex right?. Did you bought that place? or you will be renting?. I was just wondering, that is if you are Ok answering that question?, if not I understand :). How many square feet of living space you will have in that new place?. I am just asking because you think that is small.

Anyway do you think you might be half way done with packing? and giving away all that stuff you not taking?. From your post's I can see you been very busy & done a lot already.

You must be tired already from all of that...

Krys

good morning

another street address has a 3801 and we are always getting mail for them,I put it back in the mailbox with the street circled in red

Hello Everyone!

I'm finally feeling settled in my classroom so hopefully I will be around more. I hope you are all doing well.

5 hours ago, USpolishgirl said:

Brenda do you have a date set for moving?. If not, do you think you will move in September?. That new place you are moving to, that is a Duplex right?. Did you bought that place? or you will be renting?. I was just wondering, that is if you are Ok answering that question?, if not I understand :). How many square feet of living space you will have in that new place?. I am just asking because you think that is small.

Anyway do you think you might be half way done with packing? and giving away all that stuff you not taking?. From your post's I can see you been very busy & done a lot already.

You must be tired already from all of that...

Krys

Krys we are waiting on the title company to close on the 5 acre place we currently own.  Going to be calling this week to try to move it along as it will be 4 weeks tomorrow when we left the contract with them.  Escrow officer said it generally takes them two weeks to work them but they were slammed right now.  We put a Sept date down so we wouldnt have to redo paperwork and get all new signatures just in case but said we wanted to close as soon as they could process it.  Of couse she was out of office day we dropped off contract and on vacation last week when buyer called in to check

We are moving to a continuing care retirement community so it has houses, duplexes, and apartments for independent living.  You can just rent but the rent its higher than the monthly fee you pay if you do a buy in. By buying in if you need to go to assisted living, Alzheimer units, or nursing home they will place you there over accepting someone that did not buy in and a perdon that bought in will be charged a much lower rate.  The buy in fee provides us with long term health insurance there and guarantees us home for life should we go broke (like huge medical bills or some ones 401K goes under.)  They have a special benevolent fund to help cover.  The buy in is not cheap but what price do you put on peace of mind to know you wont become homeless.  We dont have long term health insurance so this will take care of that.  Its a not for profit and is run more like a co-op.  There are different buy in options like should you want any money back for your estate when you pass then its a higher buy in rate or I guess a better term would be entrance fee. We pay a set monthly fee or rent which covers the water, electric, gas, sewer, trash, and $190 dining credit for each of us (they feel that this encourages old people to eat) 

Its going to be weird (but nice) when a faucet leaks to pick up the phone instead of getting out the plumbing box.  Something wrong with fridge, stove, microwave, hot water heater, washer, dryer, furnace ac, garage door opener, even lightbulb in ceiling pick up phone. No mowing and no more shoveling snow.  Well we dont have to shovel snow but I bet dh will instead of waiting for them to get to us but this walkway and drive is nothing compared to what we deal with now.

I dont remember the square feet.  Its actually larger than I thought we could afford there.   At one time I told dh I could live in a studio apartment just to move there.  At first he balked until I pointed out we really only "needed" a place to sleep and shower because we would have run of the whole campus.  There are lots of common areas where you can sit and read or crochet.  Our current house is small but the attic is full and we have a metal building that is actually bigger than the house.  

Doesnt seem like we have made a dent in getting rid of stuff. Dh's plan is to move stuff to the new place and then call the auctioneer out to auction off things at their auction barn.  I am pretty sure there will be stuff left behind.  That was part of neighbors offer---dont have to clean place out or up and its in the contract.  

Posted (edited)

Mary Jo the tiring part in most of what we do is that hour drive in and hour drive back except for mowing, trimming brush, and cutting down trees out here.  After we move if we really miss any of that it will only take a few minutes to get to my niece's yard.  Dh is looking forward to the golf course.  We are on the 4th hole so if he wants he could just shoot that hole over and over.  I am dreaming about spending hours in the pool at the aquacenter and finding a group to watch the Chiefs games with.  Even though they lost I could see good things going on.  I think Maholmes has gotten better and they wound up with a couple of amazing rookies (like Tyreek Hill amazing) from the last draft to move the ball on down the field.  Defense is still a work in progress but seems to be getting there.  Looks like they have some good players that they wont have room for that will eventually go to other teams.  

Carol glad things are settling in.  

The people the next street over from my sister with the same house number are aggravating because they keep packages misdelivered to them.   Sis has had to go knock on their door to track packages down where if theirs were left at her house she took them over to them.

Dare I say that there is a hint of a chill in the air today.   Dh dug the dirt off the septic tank this afternoon after church.  Neighbor is having it pumped tomorrow and wants to see what the set up is here and how dh deals with it.  Thats going to be another thing we wont miss doing.  Dh got it done and a board and tarp over it just before it started raining

Edited by bgs

Yeah well Brenda,  I do not worry about the Chiefs during pre season.  Andy's teams are never good during pre season.  I was fascinated with the new players.  They are looking good.  We shall be rooting for them when the season starts in 2 weeks.

Sounds like a nice place you are moving to and I am sure you will find some Chief's  fans there to watch the games with.  

Well, it is getting late here and I have to get ready for tomorrow.

Have a great night.

Morning all! I have been sick for over a week. No cold ! My head spins a tad and all I want to do is throw up. I can lay still and be somewhat okay. It started with the migraine for 5 days in a row. Behind my eyes aches like nothing before.i didn't get a wink of sleep for 3 days straight. Doctor was stumped cause I really didn't have any symptoms other than that. Gave me Zofran which was a life savor. I would say pregnancy um but nope not here.. Had all that taken care of. I am just now starting to feel better. Been laying and sleeping on ad off. What ever it was hoping it is behind me now. 

Little Man starts kindergarten today ! He's five years old now!! They grow up so fast.

• Like 1

Good Morning.

Sandra, I do hope you feel better soon.  A cold and migraine is not a nice combo.

Brenda, I watched the Steelers game last night and it was fun to watch.  They played as a team, not like most of the teams now.  It is every player for themselves.   Ok our back up QB got hurt in the Browns game.  Dh told me this morning they hired Testaverde.😱 as back-up.  I said the man is to old.  Turns out they signed his son Vincent Testaverde Jr. to play back-up.  :sweat

Well I will be posting the afghan I finished yesterday.  It turned out great.

Off to see what the Ville and the world has to offer.

Have a fun day.

Sandra I am wondering if there isnt a stomach flu going around here.  Dh had problems a week ago and then I had problems.  Still feel a little quesy.

Mary Jo glad it was the younger qb.  Here we watch in horror every time Mahomes takes a hit.  You can tell the coaches have been working with him on getting rid of the ball faster and how to go down on his own rather than be tackled.  

Laundry is going.  Expecting a lady out shortly to pick up large pots with tree cuttings that now are large enough to work with and the septic sucking truck is due about noon.  Then need to make phone calls.