katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2019 new thread

Thank you for the name Mary Jo. I have done a search for the yarn but Come up with nothing. So apparently they don't sell it anymore. I would to get my hands on some. I'll keep looking but looking for a needle in a haystack right now. It's a very pretty color. 

Got callednin to work today! Yippie, cant wait to see my babies and get/give lots of hugs and snuggles! 

Smoke alarm started chirping last night (they can never start signaling low battery at 3 in the afternoon its always after we are in bed) 

Anyway we disabled three smoke detectors trying to find the right one! Ugh! 

12 hours ago, owlvamp said:

Thank you for the name Mary Jo. I have done a search for the yarn but Come up with nothing. So apparently they don't sell it anymore. I would to get my hands on some. I'll keep looking but looking for a needle in a haystack right now. It's a very pretty color. 

Sandra, there is a group on Ravelry that has some of the old P&C.  If they are still active.  You may be able to barter or pay for some if some one has any, https://www.ravelry.com/groups/memories-of-the-original-peaches--cremetm  You can ask there.

Isn't it always the way with the smoke detectors?  I can not reach mine, the ceilings are to high.  

Glad to hear you got called in ratdog.  Have a fun time with the kiddies.

Our friend is here to work outside, so after all this rain, the bushes are really overgrown.  If the sun comes out, they will look like an explosion has happened.

We may have to get a new cleaner for the pool.  The one we have does not seem to be working at all.  Let's put it this way, I could beat it in a race. :rofl

Well, off to my corner.

Have fun today.

good afternoon, not talkative,just blah

I have 3 large cans and a couple of bags for the trash tomorrow.  Maybe I should hide till the trash guys finish.

2 bushes are gone or cut down to the roots.  No worry, them being hibiscus, they will bounce back.

Did not get much done on my squares.  Just couldn't get into them today.

We shall try tomorrow.

How is everyone doing?

Posted (edited)

Thank you Mary Jo I did post and hopefully someone has some. If not I'll have to rethink my gift and Look for a different yarn. Unfortunately it is what it is... I do love the color. Not one I ever seen..

Edited by owlvamp
  • Like 1

Sandra, it was a new color that P&C came out with, just before they sold the company.

Time to shut down for the night.  Time to get the pills out and such.

Have a good night, see you tomorrow.

• Like 1

Sandra maybe you can find yarn in one of the colors in it and coordinate things that way.

Dh mowed and I did laundry.  I made chili today because I was getting too many tomatoes ahead from the garden and thats after sending several to the neighbors. I didnt want to can them. I have been getting rid of my canning jars because I am through.  I have had to give away lots of zuchinni and cucumbers this year too.  

On 8/15/2019 at 9:41 PM, owlvamp said:

I finished a spa washcloth. I just love the colors in this one. Mary Jo do you know the color name of this cotton yarn.? It's a scrap ball you sent me. I would love to get more , but haven't any color close to it.

That is really pretty and the stitch is awesome! Looks like it would be great for a washcloth or a dishcloth.

On 8/17/2019 at 7:37 AM, ratdog said:

Also comverted a childrens Guess Who game to a Doctor Who version with some print outs I found online. DH loves it.

How cool is that! Love it

On 8/18/2019 at 7:29 PM, Tampa Doll said:

Kathy when I could eat ice cream, we use to get Blue Bunny no sugar added.  Dh eats Haagen Dazs non dairy frozen dessert.  That and So Lo and Lactaide ice cream.  But the I do miss the Blue Bunny.

We eat ice cream every so often, found a new kind I love. It's the sour patch kids ice cream. Love it, I prefer fruity ice cream over the heavy chocolate types. It's pretty good, was really surprised.

12 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Isn't it always the way with the smoke detectors?  I can not reach mine, the ceilings are to high.  

Oh my, that wouldn't do very good here at all. LOL, I set those things off Every time I cook something fried. I guess I get the oil too hot and it starts smoking.

Got the yard mowed yesterday then swam in our pool. Little tribble goes back to school tomorrow. 4th grade this year and he is starting changing classrooms. He has 3 different ones to go to each day. One for Science and Social Studies, one for English and Language arts, and one for math. Of course then Music and art always is in a different classroom. Hes a little nervous but I am sure he will do fine.  Today was open house/meet the teachers day, had to do that fast cause I had to be at work tonight at 7 and the open house was 5:30-6.

Spent the night before chasing our 7 moth old puppy all over the place because he wouldn't leave things be. He's as bad as a toddler. Mr Tribble was busy so Odin thought he would pester me all evening. First he tried to steal the toilet paper from the bathroom while I was washing my hands, then while I was getting that put back, he ran over to my side of the couch where I had been working on a shawl for my halloween outfit and he took off with my yarn. I chased him all over the house trying to get that from him, rotten dog. Then after I recovered that, he pulled the vacuum out into the floor with the cord, then kept taking things off shelves. Goodness, he's rotten. Mr tribble says when I am at work, Odin does the same thing. If we are both in the living room with him, he's better behaved. LOL. 

Have a great night all.

Good Morning.  We have that big bright yellow ball in the sky today.  It has been so long, I almost forgot what it looked like.

Well, our pool cleaner has bit the dust.  We had to purchase a new one.  If it isn't one thing, it is another.

Trash guys have been here and they are so nice.  I went out when they pulled up to get the 3 cans and what did they do?  They carried them up to my garage for me.  Such nice guys.

Today is wash.

Have a fun day.

good morning

was way too hot yesterday,100 so congested from the tropical humidity

today is one yr anniversary of mom's death

Lyn I cant believe its been a year since you lost her.  Its really been an emotionally rough year for your family.  :hug

Mary Jo its so nice to hear about people doing nice things for others in light of all the bad we hear.  So I am guessing your pool cleaner was a robotic thingy sort of like a roomba and not you or Tampa Guy on the end of a vacuum.  Forgot to ask how are you feeling about this new pass interference review rule.  Seems like it is really going to slow things down and create more problems than its going to solve.  

Feels like a sauna out today.  Dh will be drenched when he comes in from mowing.  I am working on weeding, trimming, fertilizing and repotting trees. 

Posted (edited)

Lyn, Did not realize it was a year also. :ghug to you and the family.

After the fiasco at the end of the Rams/Saints game, they had to do something.  Everything seems to be slow during Pre-season.  They seem to spend a lot of time talking, so we shall see how it goes as the season goes on.  How about this mess with Antonio Brown and his helmet?  Someone posted, oh heck let him go without a helmet see how fast he uses the new one.  Prima donna's  are a pain in the football.  

The clouds are moving in.  We could get rain this afternoon or tonight.  The 3 H's are in full swing today.

Yeah it is called a Kreepy Krauly.  It spends it's day running around the pool and cleaning it.  We use to have a fountain that floated around the pool, but they ended up fighting each other.

All the houses (4) that were up for sale in this complex, have sold.  That is good for anyone who is wanting to sell their house.  New People move in, redo the front yard and inside.  If I move I want move in and I am taking my craft stuff and cloths.  They can have the rest.:rofl

Edited by Tampa Doll

wow i haven had ice cream for like going on 3 years and daughter says it tastes just like real lol  cant wait!! 

yesterday  my neighbor next door gave me a plastic compartment ed locking bead bin s o cleaned out my bead chest!! Took all day lol but is done and i didn't find too much to give away other than some numerous and asst sized buttons and odds and ends lol  

iust may try teach myself how to crochet with beads as i have a lot of diff. ones now that i see um lol  anyone ever tried that?? crocheting with beads??  and i found my zipperfoot and button holer and some more bobbins for my sewing machine i gave away so will give those to my daughter, as she works with the lady we gave it to  yay!! 

and i have a couple new plackards of pin lock clasps you know like if you wanted to make a pin out of something, some lady bug buttons i thought snowbear might like to sew or glue  on some of her flowers lol and many spools of threads and elastic lol  lots of stuff there no wonder the dang case was so heavy lol I dint remove much really but now it is so orderly, i wont mind looking for something if i can get it off the bottom shelf that is, lol  still rather heavy  lol   and my two copper bottom gotham steel fry pans are there too on the bottom shelf, i wondered where i put them as i was going to hang them but have to get handys help, for anchor screws lol they are full size 12 in and the bigger one and have never been used, as handy prefers our rachael ray or tfall for frying  so i said, ill hang them then lol   i have a wall with all copper jello molds  in the kitchen started with some my mom had, and i have picked up many others over the years lol so they will go well out there      

boy it is a stickler outside todaywe re getting fla weather mj lol and its too hot for me lol  dog days of August huh  

got a phone call  today about our (student loans??" and when hand

y came in i joked with him that he better get those paid off its been you know 30 years at least huh lol  he laughed and said he would take care of it, i put a block on that number lol  probably a fishing scam anyway  lol

well, hot town, summer in nebraska, lol  gotta run, places to go. people to see, things to do lol  seriouly. a little down time is in order lol  later ok!!

I like the ones that say your SS number has been compromised, give me a break.  I am so tired of these calls.   Besides blocking them, I would love to get rid of them for ever.

The sun is shinning, we got some rain last night, so we are good for the day.

I did not realize the date Lyn till today.  Yesterday was my Mom's birthday, she would of been 99. She has been gone 33 years.  She passed on her birthday. I still miss her.

Got nothing done yesterday. Hopefully I will get something, anything done today.

Have fun.

good morning

dreary,chance of rain

have a great day

Hate those scam calls!  I have caller ID on my landline answering machine. I have actually gotten multiple calls from MY OWN UNLISTED PHONE NUMBER!   

Got one on my call amd the voicemail said I needed to respond or I would be arrested. Told my boss "cant come to work tomorrow, im getting arrested"

• Like 1

20 hours ago, katyallen8090 said:

iust may try teach myself how to crochet with beads as i have a lot of diff. ones now that i see um lol  anyone ever tried that?? crocheting with beads??  and i found my zipperfoot and button holer and some more bobbins for my sewing machine i gave away so will give those to my daughter, as she works with the lady we gave it to  yay!! 

I did some crocheting with beads few years ago.  I crochet two "Monogram Blankets" for my granddaughters & two "Tube Hats". My first projects with beads were those blankets.  Crocheting with beads it is a very slow & pain on a b... process. My method that I came up with was to thread all the beads I might need up on a front ( before I started crocheting). I did find out later on there is another method that you can add beads as you go, I think that might of been easier way.  Here is a picture one of those blankets "R" for Reagan and picture of hats.

All I know that after crocheting two blankets & two hats with beads I did not wanted to do that ever again! LOL

Krys 

Beaded Monogram blanket for Reagan with R.jpg

Jelly Bean Hats and Pom Pom ties.jpg

6 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

I like the ones that say your SS number has been compromised, give me a break.  I am so tired of these calls.   Besides blocking them, I would love to get rid of them for ever.

The sun is shinning, we got some rain last night, so we are good for the day.

I did not realize the date Lyn till today.  Yesterday was my Mom's birthday, she would of been 99. She has been gone 33 years.  She passed on her birthday. I still miss her.

Got nothing done yesterday. Hopefully I will get something, anything done today.

Have fun.

Blocking those scam calls helps very little. They always  getting new numbers..

Talking about crooks. Few months ago I got a call telling me that my neighbors  are reporting me to my Village (where I live) that parts of my roof been "flying" of my roof!. Telling me they will be at my home the fallowing day to start taking down my roof!. They did knew my address, they were serious!. I called them bunch of bad names and told them: "If I see any of them on my property I will shoot them!!".  All she could tell me was: " Take it easy!, You should not get so upset!". I did got very angry at them and let them have it!!!

I do believe they were planning to come here & try to make a "deal" for a "new roof".  Get a down payment/deposit and they would been gone..!!. They are looking for idiots!

My roof is in excellent condition., it is only 4 years old. 

And I do not own a gun.

Krys

On 8/17/2019 at 4:13 PM, katyallen8090 said:

nice day here today, the  sun is singing and the birds are shining!!  (Intentional, just to see if you are all paying attention today lol  )  

It's amazing--I had to go back and reread that sentence, to see what I missed!!!  That is one of the results of speed-reading--you skim over the words, without actually reading each one of them!  But, at least I DID go back to read it again!!

Well, the last time I heard the sun sing was back in the 70's..... but we won't talk about that...🤣🤣

Busy the last couple days, took 3 of the grands to see the dollar movie today... I swear those three are like herding cats!

been crocheting mittens and watching Alton Brown on tv.... not sure why since cooking is not on my list of favorite things to do any more... I think raising 4 sons really burned me out on cooking...I swear they could eat a whole chicken each and drank iced tea from quart jars....

Lyn, I know how you feel... it was a year March when my mom passed....

so in the last week my 14 yo cat died, an online friend passed away leaving 9 children, ages 1-18.... she went in 12 days ago with what felt like gall bladder pain... her funeral is on Friday... it was a rare aggressive bile duct cancer...then today I find out my Dil's  sil ( got that?).. died of a drug over dose...and Vika's brother is in jail for drugs so my youngest and his wife are becoming instant parents to a 4yo....

what the heck is this world coming to huh????

Good Morning.

Oh Lea, sorry to hear about all the loses.  It is great that your Son and DIL will take the little one into their home and raise her.  She has now got a great big and happy family.

I had to laugh at you herding the boys at the movies.  They do have a tendency to go everyway but the one you want.

Not much going on here.  My alarm clock bit the dust, so I had to order another.  

Well off to see how the Ville is doing.

21 hours ago, ratdog said:

Hate those scam calls!  I have caller ID on my landline answering machine. I have actually gotten multiple calls from MY OWN UNLISTED PHONE NUMBER!   

Got one on my call amd the voicemail said I needed to respond or I would be arrested. Told my boss "cant come to work tomorrow, im getting arrested"

oh i had that too ratdog. several times said i was going to be arrested please return this call  well i dont think they warn you if they are going to arrest you lol  this student loan was a new one on me though and i have gotten some from my own number too, i called the phone co. about it and they told me, anyone now a days can but software to do that thinking you might answer out of curiosity  they said, dont answer, i said i didnt lol  

so sorry lea, and lyn and tampa, my mom is gone too, for 30 years so i know how that is  

Posted (edited)

My favorite scam calls said they were from the IRS.   In just a few days it will be 4 years since dad passed and a few more days 26 years since mom passed.  

Lea :hug Sorry about your kitty and all the others.

Tribble good to see you.  What kind of puppy did you get?  

Mower quit on dh Tues before he finished the field.  It was miserably hot and he was tired but he pushed it back down from the field.  I had encouraged him to replace the battery last year so this wouldnt happen.  He finished it Wed after putting in a new battery.  Not sure much happening at title company this week as neighbor called to check on things and learned person working it is on vacation.  I wish they would give you a straight answer when you ask how long it was going to take and just say add another week because of vacation. Dh got a followup call concerning the correction on his pension.  The check we sent in early June to repay what they refunded in Feb finally cleared the bank.  A guy from the bonsai society came out today and hauled off most all the trees we we never did much with.  He is going to keep some and  will bring the others to the bonsai society's fund raising auction in Nov.  I have a few to take but couldnt have kept that many.  I have more yarn loaded up to take by my nieces house tomorrow and working on another load to take to the thrift store on Sat. I promised someone else my big long pots with my rooted cuttings and she is coming to pick those up on Mon.  Neighbors are having the septic tank pumped Mon so dh will have to get the dirt dug off so he can open it up.  Guess we are making a little progress.

Edited by bgs