katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2019 new thread

hhi ho from the stormy midwest lol  thunder and lightening abound!   

and bgs that is a very pretty bird bath   im glad it is used in a good home now too  ducky is so happy lol  cant get over those flowers snowbear, you could or did actually make a bouquet for your table lol  just lovely  and never would you have to change the water or give them water either, those are the kind of flowers i like lol  

one friend of mine worked in a smell thrift store for a while and she always put out the fake flowers on the shelves, and then sprayed each one with some febreeze so they always smelled fresh lol  She was such a nice lady, but gone now  she had a tiny long haired chichiwawa* and i was lucky enough, that when she went out of town i got to doggie sit for her Princess  lol

well so much for the sunny day to finish the windows being re-screened huh so handy is home bound i guess lol  

nothing much else here glad to see you bsck krys! see ya soon :manyheart

Thank you for the compliments on the bird bath.  I use Patio Paint in Grey Skies on my concrete. It has a sealer in it. Its my favorite for painting rocks too.  I started using it several years ago because I was given some old pieces that were looking worn and it made them look new. 

I spent this morning making dinner rolls for Sat.  Thankfully they turned out ok.  I hadnt made any for over a year now.  If I get ambitious I might make cookies this afternoon.  

The dinner rolls sound great.

We had sweet and sour Chicken for dinner.  It is an easy recipe I found on the internet and it is delicious.  We also had some egg rolls I bought at the store.

Time to start shutting down for the night.  Tomorrow I have a Dr.'s appointment for my heart Dr.  Then I will be visiting the vampires to leave some blood to be tested.

Have a fun evening and I will be back tomorrow afternoon. 

I finished a spa washcloth. I just love the colors in this one. Mary Jo do you know the color name of this cotton yarn.? It's a scrap ball you sent me. I would love to get more , but haven't any color close to it.

image.jpeg

• Like 2

Sandra that is pretty.  What is the stitch pattern?

Mary Jo did you use the air fryer to make the sweet and sour chicken?

Spent afternoon making chocolate chip cookies for Sun.  Then it was time for supper.  Kitchen closed!

I'm not sure there is even a pattern out there. I just crocheted 41 . Double crochet in the six chain from the hook . Double crochet in the next chain then triple crochet in the 5th chain from the hook. Then skip a stitch and double crochet in next two chains and triple crochet in the skipped stitch. ( repeat all the way cross). Then last stitch double crochet. Chain 3 turn and for the second row

skip a stitch double crochet in the next two chains and then the skipped stitch triple crochet. I also do the triple stitch coming in from the back . Instead of going through the the front like normal I just got through the back loop into the front then triple. Hope I made sense.That's how you get the cross stitch over the double crochets.

Thanks Sandra.  I will have to write it down and give it a try.  I really like the crossover.  

Storm came thru last night and we lost power for awhile.  We didnt have damage but there were several big tree limbs down in the nearby town. Glad I took care of the baking yesterday.  Today we ran errands---almost out of diet coke and I guess dh didnt want me to go into withdrawal.  I did wind up baking dh some zuchinni for supper tonight.  

Good Morning all,

Looks like my next day to work is September 5.

I have been spending my time off cleaning out cabinets and drawers.

Treated myself to a new purse. Its actually a small backpack that will hold what I need at work but allow me to be hands free when I need to hold my cane in one hand and an umbrella in the other ... it happens infrequently but now I dont have to choose between support and getting wet!

Also comverted a childrens Guess Who game to a Doctor Who version with some print outs I found online. DH loves it.

15660418733261402108054.jpg

Love the washcloth Sandra.  I wish I could remember the color, but that was the last of it.  I checked out what I had in my room, but nope, nada on anymore.

No Brenda, I made the sweet and sour in my frying pan. I found this place called Allrecipies.  I cut it in 1/2 for just the 2 of us.  Simple, easy and delicious.

Did not get to the Dr. yesterday, the rain was to bad.  More rain today, so much for the weekend being sunny.

Oh I heard from my SIL.  If you remember you all helped me with kitchen basket for the American Legion auction.  They did not have this last year, so they had it this year.  I gave them addresses, I hope they send thank you notes, but my SIL and myself want to thank you all.  The auction was a success.  After all the expenses paid they came out with almost $5,000.00.  Thank you all for helping.

Well, off to see what the world is offering.

Have a great day.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Love the washcloth Sandra.  I wish I could remember the color, but that was the last of it.  I checked out what I had in my room, but nope, nada on anymore.

No Brenda, I made the sweet and sour in my frying pan. I found this place called Allrecipies.  I cut it in 1/2 for just the 2 of us.  Simple, easy and delicious.

Did not get to the Dr. yesterday, the rain was to bad.  More rain today, so much for the weekend being sunny.

Oh I heard from my SIL.  If you remember you all helped me with kitchen basket for the American Legion auction.  They did not have this last year, so they had it this year.  I gave them addresses, I hope they send thank you notes, but my SIL and myself want to thank you all.  The auction was a success.  After all the expenses paid they came out with almost $5,000.00.  Thank you all for helping.

Well, off to see what the world is offering.

Have a great day.

WOW!! $5,000.00 that is great!

What else did they had at that Auction besides crochet/knitted items?. I am just asking because it seems almost impossible to get that much from crochet/knitted items. They would had to get probably couple truck loads of that stuff to be able to get that much $$... LOL. On the other hand in situations like that people can be very generous! :)

Krys

Love the spa cloth Sandra, that yarn is beautiful!  

Ratdog, that is a brilliant idea! going to file that in my brain as a possible gift for one of my sons..... ( hope that brain file doesn't get deleted)

finished up all the mittens for the grands, Brenda.... I love that pattern...thinking of doing some charity ones also...

I have that Americana afghan to do for Josh and Jenn and then I think all my crochet for Christmas projects will be done...I really need to head over to Judiannes thread and make a list... I make a list on a piece of paper then lose the paper...sheesh

Finished both the books I was reading.... MJ... I LOVED the book about Gander NF... very uplifting...

Now I am reading a true story called Thirty Seconds over Tokyo about Doolittles raid....I clean a bit. crochet a bit, read a bit,cross stitch a bit, get on the computer.....repeat...

Ok, Girls! :)

PLEASE go to "Show & Tell" - Kids Stuff - Baby & Toddler Items IF you want to see a very cute picture of a little girl name Kolby :) and a LOT MORE..

We need to get back some "traffic" there (Show & Tell).  It would be nice to get more new members in Crochetville,  like it use to be.  I remember when I sign-up here it use to be so many pictures in "Show & Tell".. so many members here.. so many conversations on many different subjects...:).   

And PLEASE ALWAYS  TYPE some kind of reply there (your opinion, idea's,  your thoughts..). Good or bad it dos not really matter as long as you type something..! LOL. I  remember old member here was "complaining" that she got ONLY ONE or TWO reply's when she posted pictures of her crochet work at "Show & Tell".  Even some old members will get discourage of posting  crochet work pictures  there if no one is interested :(. I know some of you like pictures to be posted here, so do I ! :). 

I think the problem with that is: Many new  or future members they like to see a LOT of pictures. Here those pictures are very far apart, sometimes  couple or few pages apart between all those conversations/text on different subjects are  between pictures. And HOW would you find here anything specific that you are looking for??. Like crochet Kids stuff? or Holiday's stuff?, OR...??.  You can not just click and get that here.

AND YES,  POSTING PICTURES HERE IS GREAT!. BUT, PLEASE  YOU NEED TO POST THEM at "SHOW & TELL" TOO.  POST THEM IN BOTH PLACES! :).

For those of you who like "fast & easy" here is a link to  Show & Tell - "Hats for Kolby":

https://forum.crochetville.com/topic/161674-hats-for-kolby/

Thank You,

Krys 

Posted (edited)

Krys just came from your show and tell pictures.  Beautiful work as always.  I love seeing your work.  Yes we are encouraging people to post photos in show and tell for the reasons you listed.  

Lea sounds like you are accomplishing a lot.  Glad to hear that is a good mitten pattern.

Mary Jo simple delicious and easy is my kind of recipe.  Glad they had the auction this year and made so much.  

Storms came thru this morning with a lot of thunder and lightening.  The power blipped but stayed on.  We are with the dulcimer club from 9 am until 3 pm.  I think I will have just enough time to fix dh dinner after we get home before the football game starts.

Edited by bgs
  • Like 1

hi  everyone  nice cloth sandra, love it  krys you did an excellent job  

and on the game, what a cute idea!!

Bgs you bake??  lol  what is that anymore you know!!  and mj i have used all recipes  for a long time i can always find what i need there lol 

nice day here today, the  sun is singing and the birds are shining!!  (Intentional, just to see if you are all paying attention today lol  )  

ive been keeping busy too cleaning stuff up and maximizing my storage lol  

i find i have to maintain that all the time lol  

I think my next thing will be getting gone some sports/baby yarn as i dont see a need to ever use it again you know lol  so maybe this week ill look at that pile and get it sorted out lol  

i even vacuumed in here too, as i had just been spot vacuuming recently so its all clean now lol  and i dusted things, lol and got the room in order again lol  oh so, im gonna find something relaxing to do, maybe color, as you know I am a AOTCP for real  ( artist of the colored page) lol  see ya soon enjoy your weekend 

• Like 1

Yeah, but I have had to cut so many recipes down.  All recipes is great, cause they do not use a lot of ingredients and they are easy to follow.

Hey Brenda, we get the KC game tonight.  Last night was the Bucs and shock and surprise they won.  Dinner is over and now we are waiting till 7.

Krys, I saw the pictures and they look great.

Lea, glad you liked the one book.  Yeah it just reinforces that there are nice people in this world.  You should like your next book.  I love history and that was one unbelievable raid.  It is still hard to believe they flew those bombers off the carriers, just amazing. 

As you can tell, I am addicted to the History channel and books about historical events, especially WWII. 

Well, I better shut for the night.  Still lots of rain today.  We are still waiting for the sun.:rofl

• Like 2

Yep that is us.

Thank You! :)

Brenda

Katy

Mary Jo

For a very nice compliments :)

Krys

I bought my Air Fryer over 2 years ago, never tried that.

I think is time I should! :).

For some unknown reason I do not like to try new things. I do buy them, keep them for a while.. than give to my daughter to put them  up for sale on Greg's list LOL.

Krys

• Like 1

Good Morning.

Sorry I haven't been around much this week, hopefully I will get myself back into routine this week and I'll be around more.

I hope you are all doing well and have a great day.

Sandra I found out that the yarn you used was called Summer Melons in the old P&C.  

I love my air fryer.  I use it a lot, especially for steaks and hamburgers and such.  It is faster than getting out and using the frypan and they seem to be juicer.

Well, so far no rain today.  We are in the maybe, maybe not cycle.

Well, Brenda I am pissed at the NFL Network.  As  you know the game was late, due to rain.  Well, we saw the first 1/2.  At 10PM I was waiting for the second half, when they switched over to the COWBOYS/49 ER's game.  I did not want to see that, I wanted to finish the KC/Steeler's game.  I turned it off and went to sleep.  I was hoping they would look better in the second half, but I see they lost.  Oh this is only preseason.

Off to my corner.

• Like 1

happy sunday all  

overcast and gloomy today, watched Ghost earlier, always liked that show  

so nice to come in here today and see things in their place, and neat and tidy lol  just seems roomier now lol  Maxie noticed, said mama, whats missing, i told him mama just straightened up is all maxie lol  

seems  like a long day today, we have a chicken casserole in the oven weather is not bad, and it only takes about 25 minutes  then we can have it whenever lol 

ratdog you too are in fla, cool  lots of rain your way huh 

daughter told me she found some sugar free icecream so she is getting me some lol  leave it to her huh  she and hubby are on a keto diet so its safe  for her too   lol    

Mary Jo I can just imagine how hot you got knowing how much you "love" those Cowboys.  As you said you didnt miss much -----mostly fumbles, drops, and penalties definitely an uninspiring game.  Andy is not about to show off what he has up his sleeve in preseason especially against a team they will most likely be facing again with everything on the line.  At least thats the theory floating around here.  We are seeing some good things like a hint of a promising defense when the regulars play.  Rookie running back Darwin Thompson is looking good when he gets the ball.  They showed a clip of him blocking and for a little guy he holds his own against those big guys.  Wide receiver Mercole Hardman looks promising.  Their back up quarterbacks not looking bad.  I wasnt happy with that point after bouncing off the goal post but at least it went in.  Good to know your opinion on the air fryer.  I see infomercials on things and then wonder if they are really any good and would I really use it.  I hate frying anything because I dont like the grease popping on me.  I would not cook hamburgers and bacon if it wasnt for my Foreman grill.  I also see The Orville is not going to have a 2019 season and the 2020 season will only be available thru HULU.  I am not happy about that.

Katy I used to bake something at least once a week.  Dh has to have bread with every meal.  I used to bake dinner rolls and bagels to send in his lunch/snack every day for work.  Back when I worked I was always baking cookies and cakes to take in for things.  I am so out of practice.  If you like ice cream you will like the sugar free.  My sis has bought it for years.  

Its hot and humid out.  We have been getting storms or at the least a shower each night since Thurs.  Then when the sun comes out its steam city.

Oh yeah, I am always thrilled to watch the Cowboys.😝

I got to watch the game this afternoon, before they showed the Cowboys again. It is interesting to see what Andy is doing. Can't wait for the season.

Kathy when I could eat ice cream, we use to get Blue Bunny no sugar added.  Dh eats Haagen Dazs non dairy frozen dessert.  That and So Lo and Lactaide ice cream.  But the I do miss the Blue Bunny.

Well, it is late and I have to get everything ready for tomorrow.

Have a great night everyone and we shall see you tomorrow.

• Like 1