katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2019 new thread

:yes

:welcome

Donna it does work on mobile! That is nice to know.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2019 at 4:43 PM, Tampa Doll said:

Ok, has anyone noticed that the emojis changed?  I was looking for the guy laying down and laughing?  He is not there anymore.  Now I have to learn new emojis all over again. (sigh) haven't found that one yet.  :sigh found him

:rofl he is there... ! LOL. I am using my computer.

• Like 1

Thanks all.  I found all the old emojis.  Getting old, do not like change.

Rain all morning and the sun is just coming out, but we are expecting more rain this afternoon.  The windows are fogged up, so it is very hot out there.  Went and got my trash cans and it was walking into a wall of water.

Not much planned for today.  Thought I would stop in and see what is going on.

Have fun.

Made another pair of ears. I need to plan a Disney Day soon!

15657113166822063791912.jpg

• Like 1

Ratdog I really like this set of ears!

Hot sticky day here.  Been out painting birdbath.  Will need to paint rest of it when this part dries.  Its a big one----2 man lift on bowl and base.  It is getting heavier.  Must be the paint.  Want to haul it to my niece maybe tomorrow.  Its almost like its going back home.  The couple that bought it for my sister and my birthdays lived next door to my dad's (now my niece's) house.  At the time Sis, niece and I lived 2 streets over.  

Oh ratdog, I do love the ears.  They are adorable.

Brenda, I have a birdbath in the front and I have see the squirrels try to play seesaw with it.  I can't life the bowl or the pedestal. 

The sun has been out most of the day.  We are suppose to get more rain tonight.

Snowbear, I love all your flowers. I have made a few, but not near that many... lol.

Your ears are amazing, Ratdog! so cute. I bought headbands a few months ago and still have done nothing with them.

Not too much going on here. I finished Mr Tribbles pillow cover, and now working on some recliner leg covers that will say His, Hers. I can't decide on my color, Mr Tribbles is going to be camo to match his pillow cover. Then on to a laptop case, etc. So much that I want to crochet. Always so much I want to make!

Rainy and stormy here last night and some of today. 

Have a good night all.

• Like 1

Sneaking in here between storms.  They were loud and one right after another this morning.  We are looking at more this afternoon.

Oh look the sun.

Well off to my corner.

4 minutes ago, Tampa Doll said:

Sneaking in here between storms.  They were loud and one right after another this morning.  We are looking at more this afternoon.

Oh look the sun.

Well off to my corner.

There you be! Dh just asked about you.

oh such lovely flowers snow bear just so pretty!! You have been a busy busy little bee huh  

• Like 1

also good to see all of you here posting!!  Bgs, sounds like quite a job huh, i bet you called it an early night lol  did you make it through the game??

handy has been working on re-screening our windows, from the hail you know, and the west side which was the worst is done today at least  next, the front as it got some tears too i guess the hail blew sideways lol

pretty flowers, cute ears love eye candy!!!!

our flock of turkeys always get the first toss of bread crumbs lol the second toss, after they clear out the littler birds come in for theirs lol  

Max does not like them but minnie, before we took her in, had been seen in our neighborhood, chasing the flock up our street, then we got her and took her in lol  Blackie a neighborhood tom, likes to sit under my car and stalk the littler birds but handy always sends him home  he does not mess with  the turkeys either, but minnie, she was too young to know lol  good thing we saved her huh  She had no fear of anything!! 

we are having left over ham made into ham salad on toast for supper, we wanted to use the rest of the weekends ham up  that, a pickle and some chips and im good lol  

did i see uspoloshgirl post up there, is she back if so yay!!  geld you made it     

no more new right now so ill see ya later take care all!!

• Like 1

Sounds like DH is very busy.  It will be nice to get away from all that work I am sure.

Yeah, it has been a little crazy weather wise.  I shut down when the storms come thru.  I am also having to change my browser, because of an upgrade, which means moving everything from the old to the new.  Finally got it done.

Our new coach Bruce Arians has been on the news more than the other coaches we ever had.  I must give him kudos on no fighting.  He said if he caught anyone Buccaneer or Dolphin fighting, they are out and off the field.  The fighting is not needed.  Everyone is waiting to see what is what.   They are already advertising the first game for the season.  Big deal Tim McGraw will be the entertainment for that game.  Get thru the next one with the Dolphins.  We always lose to them. lol

That is funny about the dogs not messing with the turkeys.  The size of some of them, I would not either.

I use to feed the birds, but the squirrels beat me, so I gave up.

It is still raining, but no thunder or lightning.  They are saying it is suppose to clear up this weekend.  It was a feels like of 92 at 6:30 this morning.  Lots of humidity.

French Dip sandwiches and French Onion soup for dinner.  It was delicious.  We have not had it for a long time.

Well, back to my corner.

Katy I had to fight to stay awake for the game.  Needless to say I zonked out as soon as it was over.  Being out in the heat wore me out more than the work.  I was stiff and sore that night but was ok by morning.

Today we hauled the bird bath to my nieces house and set it up, dropped our excess cucumbers off at my sisters, stopped for lunch, then Aldi, and home to put away groceries.  Birdbath looks good in its new home and I will get to visit it.  I guess I have had it for 30 years.  She didnt want my gnome that went in it so I gave her Ducky.

20190814_115106.thumb.jpg.af38db7834daa13da366142c6c5e0785.jpg

• Like 2

That is adorable Brenda.  You did a great job painting it.  Mine is concrete.  Love the ducky, he brightens it up.

Well time to shut down for the night.

Have to get out pills and stuff.

Oh in the mail today, I got my excuse for Jury Duty.  Next year I don't have to worry about it, as I will be 70 and you are excused or you can serve.  I am sole care taker for DH, so I can not serve.

One less thing to worry about.

• Like 1

Hello.

School started today and it was a good day but I'm tired. I might try to do a little stitching if I can stay awake. I hope you are all doing well.

Can't blame my grands for the tiredness... just " off the last few days.... pain here...pain there... today was a good day , got a bunch done.... I am on my last set of mittens for the grands, been listening to an audio book while I crochet and reading  another book in between....

The book I am listening to is a girl who was abducted and found 18 years later....interesting book....I also read one about Gander Newfoundland  on 911 when all the airports shut down and how this tiny town had so many planes routed to their town and all the folks that needed places to stay and food..etc… 

hope  I have another good day tomorrow, probably need to  bump up the visit with my doc to Sept instead of Oct.... I have been 11 years cancer free... but so tired lately... Chris thinks I need to tell the kids no when it comes to the grands so much... in his words.." I aint no spring chicken".....I mean I even go with them to their dentist appts!

Brenda, love the duck!  and snowbear the flowers are beautiful....and golly those wonder woman ears... awesome!

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Oh look the sun.

Well off to my corner.

I hope your weather got better :)

I hate storms!. Mostly because I am always worry I might loose power and water in my finish basement :(. Very often I am really sorry that we ever finished that basement just because of that. It is a big basement under whole house and it costed us a lot. I swear if ever that whole basement would get flooded I would move out!, sell this place!!

I do have battery back-up sum-pump, BUT that would not work longer than a day or so.

Krys

Edited by USpolishgirl

5 hours ago, bgs said:

Katy I had to fight to stay awake for the game.  Needless to say I zonked out as soon as it was over.  Being out in the heat wore me out more than the work.  I was stiff and sore that night but was ok by morning.

Today we hauled the bird bath to my nieces house and set it up, dropped our excess cucumbers off at my sisters, stopped for lunch, then Aldi, and home to put away groceries.  Birdbath looks good in its new home and I will get to visit it.  I guess I have had it for 30 years.  She didnt want my gnome that went in it so I gave her Ducky.

20190814_115106.thumb.jpg.af38db7834daa13da366142c6c5e0785.jpg

Brenda you did a great job on that birdbath. Looks great! :)

Love that Ducky :)

Krys

good morning

thats a beautiful bird bath,Bgs

yesterday we went the re-use center,got a bucket of tile,all sorts for 1.00,there was one that was so smooth,had a satin finish,it could be used as a worry stone and I could have used that before hand,travelling through the tunnel is bad enough,but having a wobbly tracker trailer beside us,made me really jumpy

Awe I love the Ducky in the bird bath. It looks good.

Been under the weather and hopefully feel better today.. I'm up and moving and just feel a lot of pain. Going to try to walk today to see if that will help. 

Wow CShort, I have not seen smocking in years.  My Mom use to do it, I could never get the hang of it, but of course it is sewing, so that could be why.

Lea, I remember reading about that town, if I remember correctly it was in Canada.  The people who had to stay there, were so overwhelmed with the hospitality and such, that they did something great for the people of the town.  I will not spoil it for you.  Hopefully I have not.  I loved that story when I read it.

Slept in till 8 this morning, had cereal for breakfast and got a package ready to go out to AZ.  It is now sitting on the porch to be picked up.

Well off to my corner.  Hey the sun is out.  Let's see how long that last.