katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2019 new thread

Katy you could really surprise her and go with a cell phone and fb account.  You can do fb on the phone.  You can push a button and dictate onto the phone.  And since she is a techie she would probably get you a much nicer phone than mine.  The smaller screen is the one drawback but dh's phone is just enough larger that his keypad is infinitely easier to use but it would take up more room in my purse.  I love texting with my family.  Its much more immediate.  I hear my phone and check it.  Fb would require me to log in and check it and them to log in and check it.  And since it is a phone I have it with me when we are out in case of emergency.

Well guess this is our last annual electric co-op dinner/meeting.  The electric company was one of the good things out here.  Got my July electric bill and they owe me money this month.  They will apply it to next's bill along with the $25 they pay us for showing up for dinner/meeting.  It helps them get the quorum they need

Tell me how in the Sam Hill I raised 4 sons, half a dozen other assorted kids and helped with neices and nephews, led scouts, taught Sunday school, 4 h, pta president and one little 15 month old girl kicked my butt today... I am so dog gone tired I am ready for bed...sent Chris out for pizza and he came back, ate and is one the sofa... hats off to the older 60 crowd raising their grandchildren....cause I would have to be on caffeine pills to survive...

Brenda, I did one mitten last night and it was easy peasy..thanks for the pattern...

Katy, don't be scared of that cell phone.. go ahead and get it and just remember you are bigger then it is...

sandra, did you get any rain today?  We were suppose to have downpours and didn't get a drop...

Reading a true crime book by John Glatt on the Turpin family, very interesting..

not even staying up for the news tonight, if anything bad happens I'll find out int he morning  after I've had a good nights sleep

• Like 1

psssst Lea,its called aging,and we just don't have the stamina we once had,we don't have little kids around,but gardening seems alot harder than it was 10 yrs ago

I had to laugh at you with the Princess wearing you out.  I wish I still had the picture of me and John the first time we baby sat our oldest Grandson ( who is 31 today) for the weekend.  We looked liked 2 train wrecks.  I swear our batteries run down faster, once we hit 50.

Hey Brenda, the Niki sneakers sold for $15,000 on e-bay last I heard.  Go figure.

Cloudy and expecting rain today.  Comic Con starts in Tampa today.

Off to get the hair cut today, this should be fun.

Good Morning.

We are starting the day watching Descendants 3 which my granddaughter recorded last night while we were at her party. The pary was fun and my granddaughter really enjoyed it. When my daughter wakes up the girls will be going shopping while the boys hang out at home. That's about it for my plans today.

Hope you all have a great day.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, cshort said:

Good Morning.

We are starting the day watching Descendants 3 which my granddaughter recorded last night while we were at her party. The pary was fun and my granddaughter really enjoyed it. When my daughter wakes up the girls will be going shopping while the boys hang out at home. That's about it for my plans today.

Hope you all have a great day.

Let me know how that is.....

good morning

going thru the tunnel to Norfolk to the reuse center,drop off unwanted crafting supplies and see if they have anything new that sparks our interest

have a great day

Wish we had a reuse center here.

I love the Descendant movies.  I just taped all three and I want to watch them one after the other.  I must confess I am a Disney movie fan.

Got home before the rain started, now it has stopped. 

When we got in the car this morning, I realized I was missing my cane.  Dumbo here left it in the cart at the grocery store.  See they usually help me out with my groceries.  Yesterday, I took my own out, so the can was in the cart and not in my hand.  Stopped this morning and there it was at the customer service counter.  Can't miss it, It is pink, blue and purple design.  I did not feel so bad, as they had 3 canes there, so I am not the only dummy.

Have fun.

• Like 1

it was so cool today,they had tile and acrylic samples like what you find in a paint center fill a bucket for $ 1.00

we have seen them painted on instead of rocks,so we'll give it a go,they had the larger size packs of index cards 2/$1 so that was a good deal

Lea guess thats why we hit that age where we can no longer have kids.  We arent supposed to be chasing them after we get so old.  Then it sort of depends on the kid too. My nephew was easy to watch.  The nieces were not. 

We hauled off a load of yarn and paver stones to my nieces house today.  Had several cucumbers and zucchini for my sister.  Then spent lots of time taking care pf computer stuff.

• Like 1

Hello everyone!  I hope you are all staying cool and enjoying the summer.

I am just back from my mother's and a solo road trip for the last few weeks, and feel so much better for having taken a week to myself.  Things are busy here, in a good way, and we are readying the rig for our vacation at the end of the week.  I got no crocheting done while gone; I just seem to lose my mojo during the summer.  Part of the reason for the road trip was to drop my dog off at my mom's so he would be well taken care of while we're on vacation.  I'm just as unhappy as he is and would like to whine for a second:  I miss my dog!!!  :(  

What's everyone up to?  I skimmed several posts and it sounds like gardens are producing well, grandchildren are kicking butts, and life continues to move forward.  :) 

• Like 1

Yeah that is about it.  I change to thread in the summer.  Just to darn hot to crochet with yarn.

I use to have someone come to the house and walk the dog.  Easier on him and on me when I went on vacation.  His routine was not interrupted.

Well it is hot and humid, just a little rain, not enough to mention.

Off to check out what will be on tonight.

• Like 1

hi all,

i know bgs but you k now i had a career of 20 some years on the phones and triyng to keep track of it and i swore once i retired and didnt have to b on a phone, or carry one i swore never again wil l ibe tethered lol

oh gosh the kids go back to school when now, i know its soon!! has the summer really passed that quickly?

I haven't felt much like yarning either, almost all summer lol  i guess cos i want to get rid of what i have to post out first, then i will feel more like it im sure  

well im off to find something on netflix and just heard about another shootuing in el paso  sheesh ill go watch the news for a bit  take care all  

• Like 1

Yeah I hear you Katy.  I had to answer the phones at work 23 years and no telling how many times I answered the home phone "lab this is Brenda how may I help you". To be honest I despised the phone so much if it had been up to me I would not have had phone service at home. I was always over ruled.  I never ever liked talking on the phone and am only on it when necessary. I do not call friends and family to stay in touch.  Sis and niece actually used to make welfare calls on us. Love the answering machine.  I only answer if expecting an important call.  I really didnt want or like my old cell phone but love my smartphone.  I love texting.  That and boy was it handy to look up how to navigate streets when we had to go out of town. If it wasnt for my smartphone I would have had to leave Crochetville 4 years ago.  

Shani glad to see you back.  I am sure your little buddy misses you too and cant wait to shower you with slurpies.  I am really excited that we have new members like yourself that are jumping in.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, bgs said:

Shani glad to see you back.  I am sure your little buddy misses you too and cant wait to shower you with slurpies.  I am really excited that we have new members like yourself that are jumping in.  

Thanks, Brenda!  It's good to be back, if only for a week.  Then we'll be gone for three weeks on a road trip to the PNW and Canada.  I hope to be back here more regularly once we're home again.  And yes, my little buddy does miss me.  My mom sent me a photo of him staring out the door and down the road, and I got weepy over it.  She said "that's it, no more photos for you." lol  And she hasn't sent another one.  :D  

• Like 1

Well let's try this again. I had a message just about finished and it all magically disappeared. :shrug

Katy where I am the kids go back to school August 14th. I have to be back in my classroom this Wednesday August 7th. 

Brenda I really like my smartphone too. I use it for directions all the time and text more than I call people. And there is the fact that I can check in here if I don't have my laptop with me.

Shani enjoy your vacation.

I enjoyed Descendants 3, I like most Disney movies. There was a nice dedication to Cameron Boyce, the actor who played Carlos, before and after the movie. 

It's quiet here right now, my son-in-law already left for work, my daughter and granddaughter are sleeping, my grandson is playing on his ipad and I'm enjoying my coffee. I will be heading to my other daughter's house later today, we usually go out to lunch before I leave but we don't have any other plans for today. 

I hope you all enjoy your day.

• Like 1

Good Morning.  Not sure when they go back here, but I know it is soon.  I will be able to watch the buses go by and hear the crossing guard blow her whistle.  We call her tweety.  I live up the street from a grade and middle school.

I got to watch Descendants 3 last night.  If you watch at the end, they show pictures of him and they talk about his smile and laughter. 

I am so tired of turning on the tv and watching them talk about shootings.  I went to bed and they were talking about Texas.  I turn on the tv this morning and it is Ohio.  My heart and prayers go out to all the families.

Doing the wash this morning. 

Have a fun day.

• Like 1

yep i hear ya bgs lol  i was burnt out too on pone, (count court, how may i help you  ) lol   old habits die hard at my other job i was supposed to say the name of the co, and how may i help you, but a lot of times answered that too, county court lol i dont like phones and dont much like to type either too much lol  so i dunno we'll see   

sunny day a bit hot yep i heard about the shootings too that way mj 

welcome to all newcomers, i might of missed some lol 

I thought it was getting close to school again, but when you don thave little ones at home, its not that big of a deal i guess for me to keep track of it lol  I just hate to see summer go so quickly, and there will no doubt be  a short fall again and then back to snow and ice  uk  !!  

dont know what to do, but ill find something so ill toddle off and see ya all later then okie dokie  lol 

• Like 1

Time to drop in and say goodnight.

Getting ready to get out the pills and do my nightly rituals.

So I will see you all in the morning.

• Like 1

I didn't hear about the shootings in either place. But then again I don't turn the radio or TV on. But it's a shame .. I'm sure wen hubby gets home he'll tell me or daughter usually does a week later when ever I see her.

I'll stay in my little cubby hole.  Think it's safer these days.

Good night all!

• Like 1

School starts out here the 14th.  

Today we met dh's distant cousin (3rd great grandfathers were brothers) who is here from FL at the genealogy library and then supper at Cracker Barrel.  We met thru the internet doing genealogy 7 or 8 years ago after she moved from here to FL.  She comes back once a year and we meet up.    The time spent together just flies by.

quick flyby hi

school starts here the Tuesday after labor day,once upon a time when we first got here,the schools started before labor day,Busch Gardens had alot to do with that change,they lost too many workers that last week before the holiday,and so it was changed,they also tried year round school here,haven't heard anything of that lately so I think that flopped

• Like 1

Good morning friends!

DH and I had a fun weekend. Saturday night was "An evening with Paige Ohara and Linda Larkin" two disney princess voice actors. Yesterday was Comic con in Tampa and I met Carol Spinney! Big bird himself!  Sorry for poor picture quality. 

15650061785442063791912.jpg

15650062139711676475156.jpg

1565006277212-1487385341.jpg

• Like 1

Hello.

Ratdog glad to hear you had such a great weekend with celebrities. 

I was up and out before 6 this morning to drive from one daughter's house to the other daughter's house, I would much rather drive at 6 a.m. than 6 p.m., traffic is so much better. I'm hanging out with my littlest granddaughter for the day. Not much else going on here. Have a great day.

ratdog sounds like a fun time.  Neat meeting Mr. Bigbird himself.

Collette glad to see you back----saw your post in welcome section.