katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2019 new thread

Posted (edited)

Katy  they called today and the other people let the unit go so now we have to get paperwork in and make a deposit while they decide if we qualify.  Then I think we can hold it for 3 months.  I have been crying ever since the phone call.  

Mary Jo this is the niece that is a field agent for the MO Conservation Dept.  Her mom had an extremely difficult time ever getting her in a dress after age 4. I think by the time she was a teen most of her clothes came from the men's dept and she often sports a crew cut.  Age 4 she had beautiful long blonde curly hair. So I am not surprised over the tux. Now on the green beans I think she just thought that people with gardens always have an abundant harvest and niece plants green beans in what used to be dad's garden spot.  She thought it was something she could get to serve at the reception that would not cost her anything.  She's been asking her mom if she should invite so and so and if she thought this person would come.  Said she has 100 people just on her list with no friends yet.  She has double family because her parents divorced and remarried.  Suposedly his uncle has offered to smoke meat for them.  The cupcakes would have been in lieu of a big cake and hey if mom made them.......  I told her mom since it was in Oct they should have a bonfire and let people roast hotdogs have chips and maybe even chili. Then I said shoot they should have a Halloween costume party. I told dh he better learn to play the wedding march on the dulcimer.  Now I would like it if they got a bagpiper.  We went to one wedding with a bagpiper and thats one I always remember.  As my other niece who recently acted as wedding planner for two different friends weddings said until they know the where very little planning can be done and she isnt sure she wants to reach out to take this one on.  I told sis if she hears her start wondering about her aunts doing a lot of jobs to squelch it.  We just cant do like we used to and she would be remembering how much we used to do.  

Lyn I guess I am lucky I am in the middle of the country so its about the same price in any direction I mail things.

Edited by bgs

good morning,nice and sunny out,headed to 80 today

have been up since 6:20,felt rested so just got up to start the day.

have a great day everyone

Morning ladies!

Been up for quite sometime.  Not sure what all I will do today. Need to get inside stuff done and grassed mowed.

We all ready cleaned up the yard...

I'm crocheting a blanket. Next will be a basket and another blanket.

Good Morning.

Katy here is the Crazy Leif Carrot.

It is not easy planning a wedding when nothing is set.  Thanks for the explanation. The green beans threw me.  I hope she gets it together and wish them the best.

56 now, but getting into the 80's this afternoon.  They are looking at maybe 90 by the end of the week.

Well off to see what is going on in the world.

Have a great day.

Cloudy out and supposed to rain.  Dh mowed the field yesterday.  

Mary Jo cute carrot.  Niece and this young man have lived together for 3 to 4 years now.  He seems to be pretty responsible. He is in AF Reserves and periodically gets deployed.  She is very resourceful when she gets focused on a goal.  She got a full scholarship to put herself thru college and worked to support herself with very minimal help from parents and in spite of her dad.  She also maneuvered thru the paperwork on her own.  Then she went thru bootcamp to become a Conservation agent.  I imagine her wedding ideas will change a lot as she figures out the expense and how many people she can get to provide things. Right now it sounds like they think they want a big party with food and liquor.   They have been saving to buy a place and she is sort of tight with her money.

Your niece and her young man sound like very smart and responsible people.

I had a friend who got married at the Justice of the Peace and then had a bar-b-que for a party after.  It was a lot of fun and everyone enjoyed themselves.  I had another friend who had a big party on their first anniversary, instead of the day they got married.  They had a home and were able to enjoy the party more, less stress.

Thanks for the compliments on the carrot.  DH says he is getting Ami Ville partying.

Brenda tell DH sorry about the Royals.  The Rays just got their backsides kicked by the Red Socks for 3 games.

Well off to make diner.

i agree that postage is getting a bit high too, sometimes costing a lot more than the item one is sending!! lol  i have had to kinda pick one box a month to one charity, and rotate the charities lol  but it wont stop me lol  

nothing new today and supper is about ready so ill leave you for now  take care all  

Good Morning.

I get upset whenever I want to send something and see the postage.  I have had to cut down or not send something because of the postage, especially overseas.

I can see my neighbor's gardenia tree is in full bloom.  It is in the back and when I walk out to get the mail, I can smell it.  It is a beautiful tree and I love the looks and smell, but my allergies do not.

Well, off to make breakfast.

Have a fun day today.

good morning Mary Jo and all others that join in this glorious day

we have one of those bushes outside our back door,I think its a bit early for it to be blooming

Lyn I learned long ago that everything, when it comes to plants, trees and flowers are backwards down here.  You plant in the Spring, they plant down herein the Fall. 

Well breakfast is over and I am now off to my corner.

the spring i miss our flowering tree, it smelled lovely for a few days anyway before the rain that always came after knocked off all the flowers   

so   friends  how ya all doing this wednesday anyway    

its sunny out today and handy took some wood scraps to the dumpster this am last day it will be here i guess     

I really didn't have anything this time around what with sal army coming in a few days, i didn't have anything that could not be used by someone so i put it aside for s. a. 

So what are we all doing today anyway  I have some plans but not sure i will get to them today lol   yard has been mowed, looks nice out there  birds are pulling up worms or were all morning  Handy saw 2 deer, right near the driveway and they looked an him must have considered himno threat, and just mosied off across the street    

He has seen that one lone coyote few times  and the fox less but seldom do  deer get this close at least where we are as the creek is across the street and a field over  and that and the lake is where they hang out mostly   we do see raccoons, a badger,  opossums now and then, and  skunks at dawn sometimes, or late at night though   And a pair of hawks routinely fly over us and ducks and geese coming or going from the lake or back lol   We also regularly see and hear two white doves cooing away most mornings from atop our neighbors roof  they come back every year and the turkeys should be out by now but with th efoxes and that one  or more,more coyotes, i dunno  this year   and this is on the outskirts of Omaha, not in the city not rural  either  best of both worlds i guess lol  

I do remember when we lived in the country though, someones cows got out of their pasture and walked right by my house towards the school where daughter was coming home from soon, so i waited for most to pass, got in my car and went up the other back way to school and got her!! lol  what a deal huh    I thought they might stampede with all the kids outside you know, i dont know anything bout cows lol  I guess they rounded them up though as on the way back we did not see them anywhere    

And another time we were walking on a dirt road and passed some cows and they all started gathering at the flimsy wire fence that kept them in supposedly, and i saw a couple bulls scratching the ground with their hoofs and i thought oh snap, they are gonna stampede us!! So told daughter, get behind me, and slowly back up to behind that tree, before i could get the word tree out, i heard her beating feet back home, and well  hearing our gate slam even  and i was staring down a bunch of what i thought were angry cows , all by myself, but relieved she was safe anyway lol   

I out waited them they got bored and went back to the field,going back through that fence same way they got out   and i walked backwards watching all the way home by myself lol but i made it fine lol  I think in reality they are curious, but gentle in nature but i didn't think so then 

all in all it was a great place for daughter to grow up for sure  i grew up in a small town too, and knew the town like the back of my hand, and everyone in it  so did she  lol  

well so, what are some of your experiences with animals of the wild lol  any close calls with stampeding cows, or anything lol  

ok  well that is all today ill see you at morrow lol  take care all  

Posted (edited)

I am so very tired on all levels.  We started the day out heading off to a meeting on medicare.  Pulled into the parking lot at meeting place--- Einstein Bros bagels only to find the place was now closed.  Dh checked his cell and there was a message to meet down the road a bit at Bob Evans.  I went into the meeting skeptical that he was out to sell but no he was very informative and I am considering going in and meeting with him.  From there we had to dash to get to next appointment in regards to moving to the retirement place.  We were greeted with a lake of water in front of the office and running down the street.  It came ever so close to running in and flooding the lobby.  Went over bunches of paperwork so they can decide if we can afford to be there,do background checks and we left a refundable deposit.  If we cant get everything done in time for this unit we would be farther along in trying to get another one.  I have been very upfront with them over things we HAVE to deal with right now and that we did not have to move right now.   230pm we stopped for lunch and then headed home.  Now dh is prepping for his conference call with lawyer and will have to get  papers together to mail off to the court and other attorney tomorrow.  Should be going thru things but too tired.

Katy I am not scared to be in a field with cows. They are usually pretty mellow unless something is agitating them or they are headed in to be fed or milked. I have helped herd cows from one field to another.  Usually hollaring and waving your arms or a stick is enough but you always want to stay back and be ready to run out of the way.  I was always a little more timid of my grandma's big Hereford bull but my dad could halter him with a rope and lead him. Now hogs were a different matter.  I was more nervous when sis and I drove through Custer state park in SD among buffalo.  This one came over to her van and I guess was licking something off it----had to be bug juice.  He wouldnt move so we could drive on and we were afraid he was going to take his horn and scrape or gouge s hole in the van.  Seem like it took forever for him to finally move on.  

Edited by bgs

Just popping in to say hello and hope you are all doing well.

Brenda, I know you don't have the time now, but you need to step back, take a deep breath and relax. I think the worse part of moving is going thru your stuff and tossing things.

Sun is out, the law people are all over cutting grass and it is warm.  We are looking at rain tomorrow.  It figures, as I have a foot Dr. appointment tomorrow.

Off to my corner.

Have a fun day.

good morning

well the wagon has bit the dust,it was spinning its wheels and not going into gear,hmmmmmmmmmm not going to miss that car,that was supposed to be such a good deal,NOT

now I'm the new owner of another relic,but this one only has 52,000 miles,its a 1996 Buick La Sabre,the woman was 98 yrs old and just stopped driving it

the plus plus is it has both cassette and CD players,all the controls are on the door panel,boy that will take some getting used to

On 4/23/2019 at 8:15 AM, Tampa Doll said:

Good Morning.

Katy here is the Crazy Leif Carrot.

It is not easy planning a wedding when nothing is set.  Thanks for the explanation. The green beans threw me.  I hope she gets it together and wish them the best.

56 now, but getting into the 80's this afternoon.  They are looking at maybe 90 by the end of the week.

Well off to see what is going on in the world.

Have a great day.

That carrot is awesome 😎 

18 hours ago, bgs said:

I am so very tired on all levels.  We started the day out heading off to a meeting on medicare.  Pulled into the parking lot at meeting place--- Einstein Bros bagels only to find the place was now closed.  Dh checked his cell and there was a message to meet down the road a bit at Bob Evans.  I went into the meeting skeptical that he was out to sell but no he was very informative and I am considering going in and meeting with him.  From there we had to dash to get to next appointment in regards to moving to the retirement place.  We were greeted with a lake of water in front of the office and running down the street.  It came ever so close to running in and flooding the lobby.  Went over bunches of paperwork so they can decide if we can afford to be there,do background checks and we left a refundable deposit.  If we cant get everything done in time for this unit we would be farther along in trying to get another one.  I have been very upfront with them over things we HAVE to deal with right now and that we did not have to move right now.   230pm we stopped for lunch and then headed home.  Now dh is prepping for his conference call with lawyer and will have to get  papers together to mail off to the court and other attorney tomorrow.  Should be going thru things but too tired.

Katy I am not scared to be in a field with cows. They are usually pretty mellow unless something is agitating them or they are headed in to be fed or milked. I have helped herd cows from one field to another.  Usually hollaring and waving your arms or a stick is enough but you always want to stay back and be ready to run out of the way.  I was always a little more timid of my grandma's big Hereford bull but my dad could halter him with a rope and lead him. Now hogs were a different matter.  I was more nervous when sis and I drove through Custer state park in SD among buffalo.  This one came over to her van and I guess was licking something off it----had to be bug juice.  He wouldnt move so we could drive on and we were afraid he was going to take his horn and scrape or gouge s hole in the van.  Seem like it took forever for him to finally move on.  

This certainly sounds exhausting right from the first sentence! I hope things get all taken care of. Wow!

Brenda, dh and I are planning on moving in a couple years when he retires ( I'm already there), and just today I went through some boxes of stuff to pitch..hopefully when the times come it will be easy..

My DIL has a birthday next week ( 3 of us in the family have bdays back to back)... I bought her a really nice hummingbird feeder and made this little fella as an add on for their covered deck...I had back to back phone calls today from various family members so since out here in the middle of no where I can only get cell phone reception sitting in my crochet chair, I just crocheted , talked, and nibbled on a couple of cookies....3 of my favorite things all in one spot...LOL

bird.jpg

Lea at least you and your dh sound like you are in agreement and have a plan. Thats so not been the case here.  Dh was going to work at least 3 more years.  His plan is not so much to move somewhere but just to get out of here.  A couple of years ago I started getting rid of the easy stuff and quit buying things I would have bought if staying here but still have too much that needs to go. I am sad to go but am also going to be very disappointed if this falls thru.  I really feel guilty leaving the two cats that hang around here but they are sort of wild.  

Mary Jo the lady we have been dealing with is always telling me to stop and breathe.  

Another busy day.  This morning ran into the nearest town to fax papers to opposing lawyer. Hoping he looks at the papers and sees they made a mistake.  Dh actually was able to get copies of THEIR payroll records that prove his case.  Stopped at grocery store for a few things.  Dh has been on phone off and on all day with his lawyer.  Then had to make a run into the town 25 miles away to the office store to get tabs so we could get more papers mailed out tomorrow.

Lyn good luck with the new car.

Brenda, I know it is easier said than done, especially when you have so much going on.

I wanted to drop by say Good Morning.

Off to the foot Dr. this morning.  I am also watching the clouds roll in.  I hope the rain holds off till I get home.  Nope, it is raining now.  Maybe it will rain itself out when I leave.

Have a good day today.

good morning

beware of the power of attorney,Bill went to DMV this morning to get everything turned over,when the smiling clerk says where is the copy of POA to release the title,calls the mechanic who calls said person,who wonder of wonders is out of town till Tuesday,grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

the rain is moving in soon

all red tape for all must be the theme today huh!! sorry to hear of your stresses, and about the cats well i dont know what to say you know  if there is no chance to take with, i guess try to rehome them if you can catch them that is  beats being on their own again i guess 

went as far as gerring the box out for the glassware lol but stopped short of getting them down  they are on a top shelf cos i never used them and i cant reach that far lol  so will wait for handy to get them down, so i can wash and pack it up   neighbor says we can set them on his patio as we really dont have room for stacked boxes lol    

im gonna check the wish list again so see ya soon!!

This morning busy putting together court papers and ran them to the PO. Then more lawyer calls.  Now have to try to get copies of records again this time stamped that they are official govt records as requested by opposing lawyer (Hope we can and it doesnt take too long) and he would also like an official statement from the agency as to how things got messed up.  Had to rush out door to make it to dentist this afternoon. My stomach is in knots.

Lyn we always try to get to the dmv earlier rather than last minute because we have gotten there only to find out dealer didnt give us all papers needed.  Lets see that was 23 miles to dmv from home.  Then 70 miles to dealer and 70 back to dmv.  23 miles back home.  Pretty well shot the day. 

Oh man thats a long way for you,Bgs,ours is just 5 minutes away